{'en': 'Nightscout and XDRIP [Initiation Guide]', 'es': 'Nightscout y xDrip [Guía de iniciación]'} Image

Nightscout and XDRIP [Initiation Guide]

Artorias's profile photo   03/21/2016 3:12 a.m.

First of all, very important things :

1) Nightscout is not illegal.
In fact, the company Dexcom has been very permissive with the project and has never attacked, or pressured.It has clearly benefited them a lot in other countries, since more sensors and transmitters of the DEXcom are sold thanks to Nightscout.
However, if your official distributor in Spain, Novalab, is not satisfied with what is exposed here, you can contact the forum administration to eliminate this thread at Link (I am not a memberof the same).

2) I am not responsible for absolutely anything:of the things that this thread is spoken.
3) I don't commit to give any support. You should ask for the help for the right channels, which are the official English -speaking Facebook group "CGM in the cloud" ( Link or some other meansunofficial.
If someone puts their doubts here, I will solve them if I have the necessary knowledge and if I feel like it and when I feel like it.

4) All the information and guides that are linking in English, so you will need some knowledge of this language, or someone to help you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now let's go in parts.First, what is Nightscout?Its website: Link

Nightscout is to be able to get the data that the Dexcom G4 is measuring, pass them to our mobile (and our mobile to our smartwatch if we want) and that our mobile goes up to our website.From that website you can visualize everything, even make reports.Then other people who know our website, with the mobile browser or with another program can visualize what is on our website, and see it even on their smartwatch.

An example of a website with Nightscout (mine in this case):

List of several functions that the Nightscout website has:
Link

The best without a doubt is the very powerful report tool that brings:

There are several ways to set up the Nightscout tinglado with the Dexcom G4, as we can see here:
Link

1) Dexcom G4 "Normal" , the one we have in Spain: it is necessary to connect the official DEXcom receiver through an OTG cable to the mobile, to be able to pass the data.
It is a pain, since you have to carry the receiver always connected to the mobile by the happy cable.
Example: Link

There are 3D printing covers and be able to wear everything together, it is typical for children.You can download a 3D printable model here Link

How to mount Nightscout with this method:
Link and Link

2) Dexcom G4 Share : As I explain here: Link The difference with ours is that the receiver emits in Bluetooth.This is used for the official receiver to communicate directly with the mobile without cables.More comfortable, but we don't have this option thanks to Dexcom did not want to sell the Share version here.

Link

3) Dexcom G4 +home receptor (xDrip) .We do not need the official receiver.Everything is done through our mobile, including starting the sensor and calibrations.

1. Link
2. Link

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dexcom G4 + home receptor (xDrip)

I explain in detail this last option, which is the one I currently use.

A photo of what I have mounted: Link
Smartwatch in detail: Link

It is based on what this guy has mounted Link very interesting reading.
The difference is that he uses a pebble smartwatch and I a smartwatch with Android Wear (LG G Watch R).To see what it would be like with a pebble here: Link

So my configuration:
- G4 transmitter in my body - & GT;Send a radio signal every 5 minutes with my blood glucose level.
- Home receptor: caught that signal and transforms it into a Bluetooth signal (that my mobile is capable of understanding) and sends it to my mobile.
- Mobile: Receive the glucose value and show it to me in an app called XDrip.That same app goes up to my Nightscout website.The XDrip app also sends that glucose value directly to my smartwatch.
- Mobile of my partner: through the Nightwatch app, catch what is on my website and show it to the mobile.If my girlfriend had a smartwatch, it would also appear there through the Nightwatch app itself.

We will explain what these two fundamental apps do:

xDrip:
Download: (Always download the last beta) Link
Photo: Link (not mine, the home receptor is the brown box).
This app is the one that makes a mobile phone the home receiver receiver.It is also responsible for uploading our data to our Nightscout website.
In its last beta allows to send what this app shows to our smartwatch, without installing the Nightwatch app.
In this app put the alarms, the calibrations, the sensors begin, statistics are seen ... everything.

Nightwatch:
Download: Link
It has two functions: one is to see the data on a Nightscout website directly in this app, it is more comfortable than walking the browser.You can also put alarms here too, which is ideal for monitoring a small child.
The other function is to send what the app shows to our smartwatch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the theme of the home receptor "XDrip Reciever":

PAGE WITH ALL THE INFO: Link
COMPONENTS AND ASSEMBLY: Link (for those who do not find a valid bluetooth module, this is worth: Link
Detailed assembly video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuxcuej9xau
Firmware: Link

Mine is computer science, not electronics, so the home receptor I set up left a little like the ass, and I bought this: Link
Read all the tinglado before asking.

It comes with everything necessary, but one of the pieces without welding with tin, so it is not completely mounted and it is not illegal to sell it.Otherwise he would be selling a medical device and could melt it.
With a low -power and tin welder,You have to finish riding it, it is not difficult.You can ask someone with a skill and some experience.

Things to take into account this XDRIP Kit:
- The battery life is about 50-60 hours.
- It does not come with hole to load it, so you have to open the box every time.
- It is quite large compared to whether you ride yourself.It is the most improvable.
- Every time we change the transmitter we must reprogram it, since it is prepared to be used only your transmitter (before buying it you have to send the type number of your transmitter) to the type.The way of reprogramming it is detailed how it is done in the link that I put above, in "firmware".
- The box is very resistant.
- The obvious quality of its construction gives me a lot of confidence that it will not fail.

The guy is working on a much smaller model.This has been his first model and now he will improve it.I look forward to a smaller version, for now with this luxury strip.

------------------------------

Important on the subject of the home receptor:

It will not always show exactly the same as the official receiver.Many times yes, but not always.
This is because the XDrip algorithm is not exactly the same as that of the official receiver.XDrip is based a lot on the RAW Data (raw data) and the official receiver not so much.

It is explained here: Link

Summarizing a lot: the dexcom transmitter reads that you have 50 glucose.XDRIP shows you 50 and the official receiver also.The next reading at 5 minutes is 80. XDrip directly shows you 80, because it is what you have read, it is the base data without processing or interpreting.
On the other hand, the official receiver may seem that a change of +30 in 5 minutes is a lot, and it shows you something intermediate instead of 80, such as 70. And if you continue to see things that you do not like it shows you the "???? "
That is, the official receptor softens the glycemia curves to give a fewer sierra and softer tooth.

What seems demonstrated is that with Raw Data Pillas before the rapid drops that end up in Hicm, since you see faster when it begins to go down much than with the official receiver.Many people prefer Raw data.

The problem is that it gives you a scare when the "Compression Low" passes that is to compress the transmitter for example when sleeping and that you are suddenly at 150 and reads you for example 50. The official receiver if it is an isolated reading possibly ignore it or ignore itHe puts you "???", but with the landlord you will see it very clear.Not everyone is up to Compression Lows.

At 7 you have an example of what I mean, it happened to me: Link

With the official receiver you can compare and see the differences.

-----------------

Home receptor pros:

With the XDrip app on the mobile you can put all the alarms you want, it is a pass.
I have those from low to 70, and another at 80. More than 55 that is default and cannot be deactivated.
And I have 250 and 300.
With the sounds you want each one, and you can choose whether or not you want to sound with the mobile in silence.
The smartwatch vibrates you in alarms.It's brutal.

Tip: Go in parts:
First we assure ourselves that the whole issue of the home receptor works well, that the XDrip app is well configured and show everything well on the mobile.
Then if we have a smartwatch we install Nightwatch and configure everything well to see the glycemia on the mobile.
When everything is operational and without problems, we already put ourselves with the Nightscout theme.

I will update and improve the guide tomeasure that things arise.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
03/21/2016 3:12 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

One pass .... for experts or very ready ... thanks anyway, surely someone handsome, curious and stubborn manages to do what you.Congratulations

nuria_NBA's profile photo
nuria_NBA
03/21/2016 3:29 p.m.

It looks like a world but once you get so much.Logically, someone a little tricky with computer science and such.You can always seek help from someone.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
03/21/2016 8:19 p.m.

You are a crack artories, thank you have you champion.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/21/2016 10:50 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I did it with the help of the Internet ... it's not so difficult and it's a pass!

Took the XDrip without receiver

tica's profile photo
tica
03/22/2016 10:19 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

@ica I understand that you carry xDrip without original receiver ... ??With the home receptor yes ..?

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/22/2016 1:28 p.m.

Only the XDrip Q connects with the mobile

tica's profile photo
tica
03/22/2016 1:48 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Hello, I am trying to mount the shed especially for the issue of reports, the tool to generate official Dexcom reports is very bad. They are good reports from with Nightcout?

@Arotorias: Where are the reports out of?I don't see the option.From the web directly " Link now I have already mounted (empty without data) and I don't see the report option.Maybe I need to pass the data first?I am waiting for the OTG cable.

Another doubt.I have a Garmin Vivoactive and I would like.Inject it to see glucose into the clock.There is already an app for this clock called CGM Nightcout but not configure.He asks for the API data ASE, I understand the address of the database in MLAB with the glucose but I do not know what format should have.Has anyone configured Nightcout with Garmin Vivoactive who can help me?

Thank you

albertot's profile photo
albertot
03/23/2016 10:04 a.m.

@Arotorias A question, when the G5 comes out here that transmits via Bluetooth it would be necessary to manufacture or buy the home receptor to start or calibrate the sensors or directly from the Samrtphone with XDrip could everything be done without any receptor ...?

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/23/2016 1:19 p.m.

With the G5, everything can be done from the mobile, although in the kit a receiver will come for a legal issue, in that health cannot certify an app for a mobile.The XDrip will no longer be served since the G5 is already by Bluetooth.
It is to be seen in Spain if those who have the G4, although the current receiver does not work for the G5 (it does not have Bluetooth), it would be allowed to go to the G5 without buying new receiver.In any case and seen the prices of the transmitters of the G5 and that only last 6 months, I would not change or coña

albertot's profile photo
albertot
03/23/2016 3:35 p.m.

@Albertot, the transmitters last only 3 months ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/23/2016 3:40 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

gala said:
@albertot, the transmitters last only 3 months ...
That ... sorry .... those of the G5 3 months and it seems that they have a counter and that by SW they even stop a few days of the 3 months.The G4 guaranteed 6 months and as those of Novolab told me they can get easy at 10-12 months.Thank you

albertot's profile photo
albertot
03/23/2016 3:46 p.m.

Albertot said:
Hello, I am trying to mount the shed especially for the issue of reports, the tool to generate official Dexcom reports is very bad. They are good reports from with Nightcout?

@Arotorias: Where are the reports out of?I don't see the option.From the web directly " Link now I have already mounted (empty without data) and I don't see the report option.Maybe I need to pass the data first?I am waiting for the OTG cable.

Another doubt.I have a Garmin Vivoactive and I would like.Inject it to see glucose into the clock.There is already an app for this clock called CGM Nightcout but not configure.He asks for the API data ASE, I understand the address of the database in MLAB with the glucose but I do not know what format should have.Has anyone configured Nightcout with Garmin Vivoactive who can help me?

Thanks

The reports are very complete and very easy to use.And if you activate a Nightscout function called "Careportal" and you are registering the dose of insulin that you put on and the hydrates you eat .. Complete reports come out.

The reports are at Link
It can be accessed by clicking on the three -line icon to the right, and then in "Report tool".
If you have Nightscout's website without having received any still data from Mongolab, at least I didn't let me do anything.

Garmin I know that there is APP but no idea how or anything is configured.If it does not appear in the description of the Garmin app, ask it in the Facebook group of "CGM in the cloud" that solve it in minutes.

@sigsauer with the G5 is another roll, the transmitter is connected directly to the mobile by Bluetooth.No home receptor is needed, nor the XDrip app.You directly use the official Dexcom app.

The G5 transmitter lasts 90 days + 15 days of grace = 105 days maximum.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
03/23/2016 3:53 p.m.

Hello,

Do you know if the program is valid for other MCG?

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
03/23/2016 4:21 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

He has not given me time to read everything, but I use Nightscout and there is a group on Facebook in Spain in which everyone collaborates trying to help it.Many of the instructions have translated volunteers who are using it.The Facebook group is Nightscout Spain.

Estrellita's profile photo
Estrellita
03/23/2016 5:52 p.m.

It can also be used with freestyle and with Medtronic, but not yet with the 640g bomb (some outside Spain has done so, but instructions have not been published

Estrellita's profile photo
Estrellita
03/23/2016 5:54 p.m.

Thank you @Arotorias, clarified.What made me back to the G5 is that knowing that it would work with a mobilefrom Beethoven .. !!In the free you are not forced to buy the official reader because there are applications for the mobile that they read and that is worth € 60 ...

Thank you.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/23/2016 6:08 p.m.

It can be used with free freestyle through the Glimp. And with Medtronic app too.

Link
Link
Link

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
03/23/2016 9:50 p.m.

star said:
has not given me time to read everything, but I use Nightscout and there is a group on Facebook in Spain in which everyone collaborates trying to help the one who needs it.Many of the instructions have translated volunteers who are using it.The Facebook group is Nightscout Spain.

Ok, this is the group: Link

If you accept everyone you already know where to ask for help in Spanish.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
03/23/2016 9:53 p.m.

@Arotorias
Good morning, a question colleagues.The Nightcout website (and also the app on the mobile) is very slow.Use Microsoft Azure to house the web and MLAB of database.
Does it happen to you?During some step of the installation he said some web location ... I think I remember to leave the default value that was North America.Could this be the problem?Have you put Europe as a location (I understand that of the database)?
Thanks

albertot's profile photo
albertot
03/28/2016 2:51 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.