{'en': 'Where to put free freestyle?', 'es': '¿Dónde poner el FreeStyle Libre?'} Image

Where to put free freestyle?

Remegc's profile photo   03/29/2016 8:47 p.m.

Hello good!I use it since 2019 and always in the arm without any problem (walking by bike, running, going to the beach, getting into the sea or pool, skiing, etc.) ... The only complication is when you are going todiving ... but forget about "how it looks" or "how you see if I go on the beach", the important thing is that it works well and is comfortable.Greetings.

Alemeil's profile photo
Alemeil
07/05/2023 3:13 p.m.

Buenos Aires. Argentina.
DM 1 desde 2005 (35 años en ese entonces).
NovoRapid Penfil y Tresiba FlexTouch.
FreeStyle Libre 1 desde Agosto 2019.

I put it in my thigh, about 15 cm below the groin, supercomodo for measurements, and covered with short pants or when walking right, arm, in my arm some hooked on the doors 👍

nuriapal14's profile photo
nuriapal14
07/08/2023 5:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have been in the buttock for a long time, I find it more comfortable and I am not hooked with the doors or with the vests in winter.
I do not cover it unless I go a long time to beach or pool that I put on a kinesiological tape on the one that you have said and it measures me well, I do not see variation.
In bed if I support the sensor either measures me badly ...
I always in gluteo, I am doing very well.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/28/2023 11:27 a.m.

Also in the buttocks, motivated by the experiences of the foros.I carry it covered with the panty or the swimsuit, I do not put tape or anything.Just once I spent sideways through the door of the terrace I got hooked and detached me.I swim and practice Aquagym without problems, it is more discreet because it is always covered by clothes, it is not exposed to the heat of the sun when I drive, which if it happened to me when we take it on the left arm.
In terms of measurements, the sensors of the last 6 months measure me for less compared to the capillary, between 15 and 50 points.I had to remove the alarms because they jumped in false.
When the sensor is in hypoglycemia values, I measure the stress with the Smatwatch.Only if I give me a high stress measure I check with the capillary and, where appropriate, I rescue.
I am looking forward to the famous update that turns it into a continuous meter, because the gesture of taking your mobile to the butt to get reading is a bit singing.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
07/29/2023 7:20 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

After more than forty sensors thrown to the garbage as soon as the start time passes, with the famous reading error message, change sensor or similar.I decided to launch the area, from the back of the arm to the chest to begin the search for another area.
That was six months ago, in which I have only failed a sensor, I have gone from three to six sensors failed per month to one in six months, just by changing the area where it is placed.
That suggests a lot about Abbot's sentence to be just at the back of the arm.

Something very important when changing the area is that the skin is much more sensitive in other areas of the body such as the chest or interior of legs and buttocks.

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
07/29/2023 7:49 p.m.

salad said:
also in the buttock, motivated by the experiences of the bundles.I carry it covered with the panty or the swimsuit, I do not put tape or anything.Just once I spent sideways through the door of the terrace I got hooked and detached me.I swim and practice Aquagym without problems, it is more discreet because it is always covered by clothes, it is not exposed to the heat of the sun when I drive, which if it happened to me when we take it on the left arm.
In terms of measurements, the sensors of the last 6 months measure me for less compared to the capillary, between 15 and 50 points.I had to remove the alarms because they jumped in false.
When the sensor is in hypoglycemia values, I measure the stress with the Smatwatch.Only if I give me a high stress measure I check with the capillary and, where appropriate, I rescue.
I am looking forward to the famous update that turns it into a continuous meter, because the gesture of taking your mobile to the butt to get reading is a bit singing.

I have that I have Diabox for continuous measurement and the connected clock and I see the values ​​on the clock, I do not have to scan in gluteo all the time, just to get to the endocrine from time to time

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/30/2023 12:12 p.m.

_ tacker _ said:
After more than forty sensors thrown to the garbage as soon as the start time passes, with the famous reading error message, change sensor or similar.I decided to launch the area, from the back of the arm to the chest to begin the search for another area.
That was six months ago, in which I have only failed a sensor, I have gone from three to six sensors failed per month to one in six months, just by changing the area where it is placed.
That suggests a lot about Abbot's sentence to be just at the back of the arm.

Something very important when changing the area is that the skin is much more sensitive in other areas of the body such as the chest or interior of legs and buttocks.

I believe that gluteo is much less sensitive than in an arm, the skin is harder, it bothers me more in my arm when putting it, in the buttock or notice it.In my chest it happens to me, uff, there does not bother a lot? Grima gives me ...

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/30/2023 12:16 p.m.

I always carry it on the internal part of the arm.And never given problems. Link style = "max-Width: 300px;

Lakarme's profile photo
Lakarme
07/30/2023 3:06 p.m.

I have always taken it in the arm but from the inside, from the armpit down 12cm ... and luxury, they told me in the SS the first day that carrying it in the arm outside many people were torn off theGive doors or so.Luxury and discreet !!

Sag21's profile photo
Sag21
07/30/2023 7:12 p.m.

I am in a hospital in Madrid and there is a girl with the sensor on the forearm ..... the first one I see in that place

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
09/01/2023 9:44 a.m.

To me in the buttock they always measure me above the capillary, about 10 or 20 mg/dl above and they never fall without an adhesive.
In the chest I have seen them but with necklines they look, in the leg I have tried, they measure well but they were uncomfortable to me.

As for failures ... it is the manufacturer, in 7 years, I have failed many in a row, with followed manufacturing series.3 followed last time, and ultimately failed me in the ambulatory but only the app, the reader and Diabox measured until day 14.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/01/2023 1:28 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@ENSALADA What update is that you comment?

I always carry it in my arm and I don't know if I change it as you say ... in the buttock where?In the lowest sound of the back or what is "the cheese".
Lately with the patches I do not give one ... we are always with the messenger of "Reading not available ...", or depends on the area, if I live on it, the clamp goes (like the one I carry right now... what has me ...)
Apart from the decalage that I always have from 20/30 with respect to the capillary, which makes me have a variation of hemoglobin is 0.3-0.5 points with respect to the analytics and when I reach the endocrine ... I give myselfSome "clicks" when the result gives me ...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
09/02/2023 9:32 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

The update is what is treated in this thread
Link
The sensor can be placed in the buttock 2 fingers below the upper edge of the panties so that it is covered by that.
When a good reader comes out, it's a joy.It is true that most have a lot of gap on the capillary or are very sensitive to heat, crushing and give you strange readings.But even so, it is better to wear a sensor than not having it.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
09/02/2023 11:10 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@ENSALADA NO, NO !!Totally that it is preferable to carry sensor for problems that give.I have changed my life ... without them I would make me about 20 capillaries.Thanks to them my gyrose has lowered a lot !!

Well, the next I will try in gluteo ... Let's see if I apply.Although I'm afraid that I get hooked with my pants waist, when I sit down ... I don't know!Let's see how I approve of me ... 🤪

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
09/02/2023 11:42 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.