{'en': 'Where to put free freestyle?', 'es': '¿Dónde poner el FreeStyle Libre?'} Image

Where to put free freestyle?

Remegc's profile photo   03/29/2016 8:47 p.m.

Where do you buy the physio tapes? Online?It is that with the spadrapo it takes a lot and touches me in the mid -life of the sensor to cover it again ...

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
09/16/2016 7:57 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!!Iago also sometimes put the physio tape making a cut, I explain: we measure the sensor and cut the tape to make a hoop that covers the edges of the sensor, because I was afraid that if the tape takes time to dry the sensora lot of wet time.It gives us good result and does not take off.
The tape is bought in the pharmacy, if they ask you what color I gave that it is indifferent or the color that your child likes that is the one that will carry it.I do not remember how much it costs but it is a large roll that lasts a lot: -H

Enma's profile photo
Enma
09/16/2016 11:33 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

@Mariah14 I bought the tape at Amazon and as @enma says it is a very large roll with which you are going to have for a long time, I paid over € 17 I did not go to the most expensive or the cheapest and the color of color because it dependsIf you want more or less discretion, I took it with flesh color but still your girl wants them from a bright yellow, for tastes the colors !!!
After the showers or sports I try

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/16/2016 12:25 p.m.

So that tape let's say it is like a cloth swing but more resistant and elastic, but it gets wet the same by what I read.I first put Fixomull and then the tape but now in winter or leave it alone with Fixomull or try that ... I will tell you.
Thanks for your advice !!

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
09/16/2016 4:39 p.m.

Well, I wear the whole summer with the sensor in the buttock, covered with tape and do not sing.I have spent summer on the beach and pool in addition to the daily showers.None has fallen, the tape has cost it and they always measure me between 15-20 below the capillary.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/17/2016 9:02 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello, I am thinking of putting on the next sensor in the lower back to the lateral Michelin and I want to cover it but as I have read I have many doubts if to opt for Fixomull or Kinesiotope considering that I am a lot on the beach, pool and I doenough sport.You can help me Porfiii.Thank you !!!

Sweetzgz's profile photo
Sweetzgz
06/02/2017 10:46 p.m.

Ponte Fixomull or Kinesiotope reinforced with liquid skin tac and it will be quite difficult for you to take off but if you take off you put another layer on top and reach 14 days without any problem.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/03/2017 5:35 p.m.

Thank you very much, Sigsauer, I've been looking and Jolin, Fixomull seems too expensive to me

Sweetzgz's profile photo
Sweetzgz
06/04/2017 12:34 p.m.

Hello, so far I always use Opticlude Plus Grande.protect the eye.

sweetloleta's profile photo
sweetloleta
04/05/2018 7:15 p.m.

I have been using it on my arm since February without any problem.Until the last one I put on, it hurt me when placing it and began to bleed a lot, clean the blood and it is the one that I brought right now, but I have a pain in that area.Something has happened to someone.

FernandoMayoral's profile photo
FernandoMayoral
06/27/2020 12:54 a.m.

Where they say: back of the biceps.This last week, the alarms for hypo have woke up with me coinciding that I was asleep on that side.It was to change position and raise the glucose and consequently get out of the hicf without the need of anything else.

Has it happened to you?

Arse's profile photo
Arse
08/28/2022 3:57 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

ose said:
where they say: back of the biceps.This last week, the alarms for hypo have woke up with me coinciding that I was asleep on that side.It was to change position and raise the glucose and consequently get out of the hicf without the need of anything else.

Has it happened to you?

Of course, it is a classic.By crushing the interstitial fluid does not reach the sensor and low glucose sensor.As soon as you release it already measures well.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/28/2022 4:35 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@Arse: Yes, a classic that wakes you every time you crush it.This week I have disconnect the alarm to let me sleep.It is the most serious defect that I see the sensor.I hope Freestyle 3 works better.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
08/28/2022 5:26 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Well, in my case, as if to put it in gluteo, I sleep up.And see that every time I play, I'm tempted to place it there.Seen what was seen, discarded.

On the other hand today something curious has happened to me: in Free, the indication the sensor has been exhausted.Sensor failure.And on the other in Diabox it continues to provide data and tells me that the life of the Sendor is 10.8 days.
For now I will not change it, of course.But I understand less and less

Arse's profile photo
Arse
08/28/2022 5:48 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

wove said:
then, in my case, as if to put it in gluteo, I sleep up.And see that every time I play, I'm tempted to place it there.Seen what was seen, discarded.

On the other hand today something curious has happened to me: in Free, the indication the sensor has been exhausted.Sensor failure.And on the other in Diabox it continues to provide data and tells me that the life of the Sendor is 10.8 days.
For now I will not change it, of course.But I understand less and less

Diabox always gives me I think it's 14 hours more than the official app.And I take advantage of them, of course.
But if the sensor fails, I call to replace me.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/28/2022 6:50 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

ruthbia said:
I take it in my arm and do not care that it is seen.In the subway I see worse things ...

I do the same, it gives me the m, Iism that people look,

JorgeManuel's profile photo
JorgeManuel
07/02/2023 1:39 a.m.

Prediabetico desde 2021
(Sin medicación) Dieta y ejercicio

@Jorgemanuel This message of mine must be very old 😉 because since summer 2016 I have been in the buttock.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/02/2023 2:40 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello, I have taken it in the abdomen, in the upper part of the thigh and in the triceps of the arm, as recommended.
Undoubtedly the most exact results are the arm, even if it is the most uncomfortable place.Depending on the person, in other areas the fat layer can affect the readings, also the quality of blood circulation.
Each one has to risk, if he wants and see what happens.Eye in some areas, due to blood circulation and diffusion in interstitial fluid, it can work well when you move, but give high errors if you are stretched, sleeping or simply sitting.You have to keep all that in mind and after trying to decide, but always checking results with hair reading.My experience tells me that otherwise it works quite well normally, but that it can give you scares (important errors) at some point, and that is dangerous.For example have a hiccup sleeping and not find out.They are experiences and opinions, nothing scientific.

PeterNut's profile photo
PeterNut
07/05/2023 3:15 a.m.

What catches my attention is what you say about changing it, not for comfort, but because everyone plays the sensor and wants to tear it out.

I have taken it for a long time, I go to the gym to train with him and in summer I am always seen, and not only that nobody touches it, they do not even tell me anything or mention it today.At first a gym companion asked me how it worked and little else.

Moreover, if a stranger comes and try to tear it away, I start my head later.

idirak's profile photo
idirak
07/05/2023 12:53 p.m.

@idirak, hahaha, if you put a kinesia tape, nobody will start.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/05/2023 2:23 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.