{'en': 'How much did you enter sugar when you debuted as diabetics?', 'es': '¿Con cuanto ingresasteis de azucar cuando debutasteis como diabeticos?'} Image

How much did you enter sugar when you debuted as diabetics?

sokratoon's profile photo   05/03/2016 6:48 p.m.

I debuted (I hate this word) at age 13, in full hormonal change ... I was a rather filling girl, and in a matter of 7 or 8 months I lowered about 20kg ... a lot of water, a lot of pipi, a lot of tiredness ...I remember spying on the bathroom, to see if they heard noise, I leave and say, what do you do?I was delighted with my new aspect, I have to say it, the boys noticed me and it was a bit more popular ...
At the beginning of December 1999 they made me an analysis convinced that something related to that (Bulimia), on the day of the Holy Innocents, December 28, called my parents saying that we went to the hospital immediately, had 268 sugar.Now I think of the chocolate box that I ate on Christmas Eve, with such pleasure ... an entire box !!And for New Year's Eve, in the hospital, instead of grapes, olives ... often change of the century !!!In a few days, I will turn 20 with my life partner!Sometimes I think I would no longer live without being diabetic, does it happen to you?
A kiss!

Esther Mase's profile photo
Esther Mase
12/11/2019 9:33 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, don't be, I want to be as before.In these almost 5 years I have been very happy, but not for diabetes.
I would like to reduce my diet and lose weight, which with diabetes + exercise I can't.
I would like to be able to take my cakes or desserts that I can no longer, I prepare for family and friends, but little more ...

I have a full and total life, diabetes prevents me from anything, I do everything but better if she.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/11/2019 2:11 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Rurhbia, cakes and desserts you can take, calculating quickly ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/11/2019 8:36 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

ruthbia said:
Well no @estmas, I want to be as before.In these almost 5 years I have been very happy, but not for diabetes.
I would like to reduce my diet and lose weight, which with diabetes + exercise I can't.
I would like to be able to take my cakes or desserts that I can no longer, I prepare for family and friends, but little more ...

I have a full and total life, diabetes prevents me from anything, I do everything but better if she.

Hello!
You have been diagnosed with you for 5 years, I already diagnosed you, although I don't know the age you are.They say how much more they detect it it is worse to start living with it because parts of 0 and you have to change the lives you have led for so many years.
As I tell you, I have been diabetic for more years than without being.I have 33 and they detected it 20 years ago, imagine.I barely remember what a nocilla snack is to eat when I left class, nor a bag of sweets, I do not remember when it was the last time I swelled with the cake of my birthday ... That's why I say that I would not know how to liveWithout it, because I am more than accustomed to calculating doses and being with concern when I leave whether or not the dinner sauce will take sugar, to be with the glucometer at all times and insulin ...
Apart from that you can eat as Regina says, I do the desserts for Christmas in my house, and I do them without sugar, nobody detects it.Chocolate cakes, cheese with blueberries, lemon ... everything is to wear.

regina said:
@rurhbia, cakes and desserts you can take, calculating quickly ...

Exact.

A kiss!

Esther Mase
12/12/2019 11:05 a.m.

ruthbia said:
Well no @estmas, I want to be as before.In these almost 5 years I have been very happy, but not for diabetes.

By the way, I just saw that you carry the freestyle, I just put it (paying) and the first sensor has not worked for me ... you see how good I start ... it happens frequently?Are you happy?

A kiss and courage ...

Esther Mase
12/12/2019 11:15 a.m.

@Stmas thanks for your words.
I am not discouraged, I only said that my life was better without diabetes.I debuted after 40 and I had to change my whole life, there are still days that I forget insulin when I go out and I stay without dining or obligate my boy to dinner again.

I deprive myself of few things, really, but I cannot control glycemia well if the food is a sweet, so I do not do them even for others.The flours are fatal to me and I need to replace insulin every 2.5 hours.For a few weeks I have a slow metabolism, I have a long time digestion with what or as a vegetable and fish or I spend the day injecting insulin.

With the free I am happy.With capillaries my glyc was 6.6 and with the Free I usually be 5.5 less the last 2 months that I am uncontrolled and next week (which touches me control) I will get 6.2-6.4.
As soon as the SS covers the free, I will buy the Miao Miao for the hypers.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/12/2019 11:34 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Stmas I have been since 94 with diabetes, I was 12 years old and I assure you that I would know how to live perfectly without being diabetics hahaha and the least is food.I don't know if you've been pregnant but come on, I have not lived as bad as the diabetes as the time I was pregnant.Diabetes can make your life very complicated when you are forced to maintain optimal levels all the time, 24h, 7dias

erpla's profile photo
erpla
12/12/2019 1:19 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

erpla said:
@stima I have been from 94 with diabetes, I was 12 years old and I assure you that I would know how to live perfectly without being diabetic hahaha and the least is food.I don't know if you've been pregnant but come on, I have not lived as bad as the diabetes as the time I was pregnant.Diabetes can make your life very complicated when you are forced to maintain optimal levels all the time, 24h, 7dias

I am just planning a pregnancy, hence I put the freestyle already paying ... I had a month late and that month I was controlled every hour (in case the case of pregnancy was given) it was a chaos counting on what I was carryingThe high glyc.Now I am trying to lower the glycosylated to a minimum to be able to go 'calm' to look for pregnancy.Constant stress.
I think you don't understand about `` I wouldn't know how to live without her, or I have explained badly ... I seem to imply that I want to keep her in mind or that I am proud to be diabetic, nothing is further from reality ...I work in a research institute where one of the groups works on essays on diabetes, genes that can be modified to avoid or 'cure it', virus that can facilitate the appearance and that are virus of unknown origin (nothing to do with a flu) ... I set out as guinea pig, but I am too young and I do not give the profile.Imagine how proud I am to be ... xD
I simply say that, in my case, I have it so internalized, so convinced that this is going to be for life, that there is no more alternative that I do not even think that I could live without controls, injections ...

Esther Mase
12/12/2019 1:58 p.m.

stume said:
erpla said:
@stumaAnd the least is food.I don't know if you've been pregnant but come on, I have not lived as bad as the diabetes as the time I was pregnant.Diabetes can make your life very complicated when you are forced to maintain optimal levels all the time, 24h, 7dias

I am just planning a pregnancy, hence I put the freestyle already paying ... I had a month late and that month I was controlled every hour (in case the case of pregnancy was given) it was a chaos counting on what I was carryingThe high glyc.Now I am trying to lower the glycosylated to a minimum to be able to go 'calm' to look for pregnancy.Constant stress.
I think you don't understand about `` I wouldn't know how to live without her, or I have explained badly ... I seem to imply that I want to keep her in mind or that I am proud to be diabetic, nothing is further from reality ...I work in a research institute where one of the groups works on essays on diabetes, genes that can be modified to avoid or 'cure it', virus that can facilitate the appearance and that are virus of unknown origin (nothing to do with a flu) ... I set out as guinea pig, but I am too young and I do not give the profile.Imagine how proud I am to be ... xD
I simply say that, in my case, I have it so internalized, so convinced that this is going to be for life, that there is no more alternative that I do not even think that I could live without controls, injections ...

If I understand you, I also take more life with diabetes than without it (and I only have 25, I was diagnosed with 10) and sincerely I do not remember what it was not to have to keep control, punctuate, measure, doctors, etc ...Because since I am independent (since with 12-13 years I already took care of my illness with the help of my parents and until now that I live alone) I have been diabetic and in my head it does not come in what is not.Sometimes I look at my partner, friends, co -workers and try to imagine what it is for for them not to have to be constantly thinking about the glucose that they will have or the insulin that they have to put etc.But I can't know because it has always been so.So yes, I would not "know" without her either, although she would love it, but I am sure that if they found a cure and in a few months I went from having it not to have it unconsciously would continue to look at the dishes to calculate the rations to the eye and know theinsulin that I'm going to get hahaha

I guess when they diagnose you as an adult and you know perfectly what it is to live without this is harder but in my subconscious it is simply as if living meant doing this job if or if, I do not conceive it otherwise

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
12/12/2019 2:13 p.m.

stume said:
erpla said:
@stumaAnd the least is food.I don't know if you've been pregnant but come on, I have not lived as bad as the diabetes as the time I was pregnant.Diabetes can make your life very complicated when you are forced to maintain optimal levels all the time, 24h, 7dias

If I understand you, I also take more life with diabetes than without it (and I only have 25, I was diagnosed with 10) and sincerely I do not remember what it was not to have to keep control, punctuate, measure, doctors, etc ...Because since I am independent (since with 12-13 years I already took care of my illness with the help of my parents and until now that I live alone) I have been diabetic and in my head it does not come in what is not.Sometimes I look at my partner, friends, co -workers and try to imagine what it is for for them not to have to be constantly thinking about the glucose that they will have or the insulin that they have to put etc.But I can't know because it has always been so.So yes, I would not "know" without her either, although she would love it, but I am sure that if they found a cure and in a few months I went from having it not to have it unconsciously would continue to look at the dishes to calculate the rations to the eye and know theinsulin that I'm going to get hahaha

I guess when they diagnose you as an adult and you know perfectly what it is to live without this is harder but in my subconscious it is simply as if living meant doing this job if or if, I do not conceive it otherwise

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
12/12/2019 2:14 p.m.

@Estmas
The free, that does not work or that works badly, sometimes it happens.If it is a sensor failure, call Abbott's house to send you another sensor.There is an open theme in the Q forum you should review (free freeyle: everything that necisites know).You will only have to get used to using it and interpret your results!
It's very good to start using it.I have a friend who has a lifetime with diabetes (from 5 years!) And he doesn't want to hear about using it.And even give him a sensor.But not for those.
You will see how with free improve your control!

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
12/12/2019 4:45 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

macarena93 said:
stume said:
erpla said:
erpla said:
@stima I took from 94 with diabetes, I had12 years and I assure you that I would know how to live perfectly without being diabetic hahaha and the least is food.I don't know if you've been pregnant but come on, I have not lived as bad as the diabetes as the time I was pregnant.Diabetes can make your life very complicated when you are forced to maintain optimal levels all the time, 24h, 7dias

I suppose that when they diagnose you as an adult and you know perfectly what it is to live without this is harder but in my subconscious it is simply as if living meant doing this job if or if, I do not conceive it otherwise

Thanks Macarena, I thought I had explained badly.What you say is what I mean, we always have it in the automated head ... a little kiss!

jldiazdel said:
@stma
The free, that does not work or that works badly, sometimes it happens.If it is a sensor failure, call Abbott's house to send you another sensor.There is an open theme in the Q forum you should review (free freeyle: everything that necisites know).You will only have to get used to using it and interpret your results!
It's very good to start using it.I have a friend who has a lifetime with diabetes (from 5 years!) And he doesn't want to hear about using it.And even give him a sensor.But not for those.
You will see how with free improve your control!

All the best

Thank you!I'm going to go to that forum because I have some questions about it ... hehe.I already put on the new sensor and it's going wonderfully ...A kiss!

Esther Mase
12/13/2019 8:46 a.m.

With 118

Esteban_'s profile photo
Esteban_
12/13/2019 9:23 p.m.

With 652 I entered the hospital, I had already been diabetic 6 years, it happened to me at age 12 ....

Samuel11489's profile photo
Samuel11489
12/15/2019 2:16 p.m.

DM 1 desde Junio de 1995
Humalog Kwik Pen D-T-N
Tresiba N

With 728 memory.

And I had it in 12

Fumanchu's profile photo
Fumanchu
12/16/2019 4:34 p.m.

Wooow ... often high @fumanchu and @samuel11489!

Did you have clear symptoms at that time?

fer's profile photo
fer
12/17/2019 7:40 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Samuel11489 said:
With 652 I entered the hospital, I had been diabetic 6 years, it happened to me at 12 years ...

And you were 6 years without diagnosis and control?It seems uninhabitable

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/17/2019 3:34 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Fer that day I remember that I slept quietly, I got up because I did not reconcile the dream, I did an analysis and then I had 452 and saw how stars shining and I already notified my mother and was to go down to the hospital and get bad.

@Ruthbia was not, I had my endocrine, it was becauseI cost me the scare.

Samuel11489's profile photo
Samuel11489
12/22/2019 12:19 p.m.

DM 1 desde Junio de 1995
Humalog Kwik Pen D-T-N
Tresiba N

Well, it's going to do two years and I don't know how much level they detected, entered the hospital with an acute infarction and left him at 4 days with 2 stent, a lot of pills and type 2 diabetes. And in a monthI fulfill 60. I don't know if it will be for having seen the ears to the wolf but in my case I have managed to change radically.Leave tobacco, leave the sugar totally (I am not sweet, I am the following) and I have managed to lower 20 kilos.And I am very clear, the diet to crackle and take care of myself.

polaris's profile photo
polaris
12/22/2019 5:13 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.