{'en': 'Cover Freestyle Bathroom patch', 'es': 'Cubrir parche de freestyle para baño'} Image

Cover Freestyle Bathroom patch

mjjm1's profile photo   06/20/2016 2:37 p.m.

@PGS_CS need to put anything under the Fixomull.I cut what I need and leave it in round to avoid leaving corners that are lifted.You remove the protector from underneath and paste directly on the sensor, try to make it more or less stuck by matching half of the fixomull with half of the sensor.Then it is to squeeze well and then remove the part of the protector from above.At least I do so.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
06/28/2016 3:49 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

gemater said:
@pgs_cs does not need to put anything under the fixomull.I cut what I need and leave it in round to avoid leaving corners that are lifted.You remove the protector from underneath and paste directly on the sensor, try to make it more or less stuck by matching half of the fixomull with half of the sensor.Then it is to squeeze well and then remove the part of the protector from above.At least I do so.

But something will have to put on the sensor, no? Pq but when the sensor is transparent ... you have already hit and already?

pgs_cs's profile photo
pgs_cs
06/28/2016 9:35 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@pgs_cs in my case is that I don't care that it is seen, so if I leave it as is and the sensor is seen.But I have seen that for children they sometimes put them with colors overdwrites with animals, flowers ... etc.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
06/28/2016 10:48 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Albertot said:
@ruthbia in Grifgrips There are models for oval form for example.I recommend them are well especially for water.The tape that of physio should also go well, in the end it is the same material (I think).
If it is for the TB arm, the Decathlon elastic band that lemurdiabetic said.

ruthbia said:
@fer the pagin gramfrips is great for kids but at forty and ... I don't see myself with that in the arms or buttocks.

Hi @ruthbia.A few days ago I made an order in Grifgrips of some oval stickers for the Dexcom and have stayed in the customs.They say they are medical products and that they cannot be imported and that they return them.
For shipping mode I chose Fedex (more expensive, I thought it would arrive before).How did you do it?
What a snap.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
06/29/2016 12:52 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Answering your question @ruthbia (forgive the delay ...) I do not take it in the 14 days, but when removing it when the sensor has already been exhausted, it does not lift it, in fact the sensor is catchy, but I thinkThat is for the time it has been stuck, I tried the first time and when removing the tape did not take off from the whole sensor but lifted it a little, so I decided to leave it and so it never moves to me

MarMourenza's profile photo
MarMourenza
06/29/2016 12:56 p.m.

We change the Fixomull because our daughter starts to chop and leave it a few hours without him.In the first protection we put a slice of gauze to facilitate the being able to take it off without taking the sensor behind, in the Sengunda we already do it directly because we already leave it until the sensor ends.And we do as a gemater, we round the corners, endure better.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
06/29/2016 1:24 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Aandres I have not asked for anything.I only sent an email to ask for Shipping to Spain and they told me that without problems but you have to pay fees in customs.
I don't know if someone from the forum has asked the USA

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/29/2016 2:30 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@aaandres I have asked in Grifgrips and I have not had any problem.Grips work very well.

To avoid VAT payments in customs, I think the amount must be less than € 20 (or € 22 I am not sure).Below this amount is exempt from VAT.The thing to retain it for being medical material ... is laughing .... it is a simple sticker ...

You always have to choose the cheapest shipment, never Fedex, UPS etc ... There are much less possibilities that they stop it in customs because they are assumed that they will not get a lot of tajada in taxes.I asked the people like that and they didn't stop it either.

Ask Grifgrips to return the money and when you have it repeat the order (maximum 2 packs - € 20) and choose ordinary shipping (the cheapest)

albertot's profile photo
albertot
06/29/2016 3:31 p.m.

Thanks @albertoT.Let's see if I'm lucky the second.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
06/29/2016 6:24 p.m.

Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

@albertot good is knowing about € 20 ... I take note in case I ever ask, but I don't see the need for the moment.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/30/2016 4:03 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello, I bought a cohesive bandage because they told me at the hospital, she sticks herself but not a wonder my daughter is 7 years old, it costs € 4 as pieces are cut a lot

Sergiopr's profile photo
Sergiopr
06/30/2016 11:09 p.m.

fer said:
I copy here a comment from @albertot that I think is of your interest, I have recently bought in the store that comments and the offer of patches for children is bruuuutal!;)

Here link to the store: Link

Here link to the original theme: Link

Albertot said:
Hello, I have bought is this oval model with dexcom cut.When asking for it with the cut, it comes with perfect hole to leave the transmitter out:
Link

It is material is elastic, type the strips that the physiotherapists put.I have already left OPSITE, Tegardem etc On the side and use this.I really like it.For perfect water.Now I put the Skin Tac hunts on the skin, then the sensor and then the grip is on top.Maybe it's a coincidence ... but the sensors were lasting 20 days on average and the latter, with the grip, yesterday he did the 6 week and continues to measure perfectly.Maybe it's a coincidence ... and I've been lucky.Of course, a few days ago I trimmed with a fine scissors the edges of the grip, which were getting up, and put a new one on top.I mean now I have 3 layers: sensor + grip trimmed edges + new grip on.It is very important to cut as much as possible the edges of the previous grip that is being lifted before putting a new one on top, because if the new grip does not take clean skin to paste, we will not do anything to us.

Maybe the cheapest is to buy a physio grip roll, and cut it manually.But look for 1 $ grip, I don't complicate myself and buy it already cut and ready to put.But I think the material is the same.

I asked for a Grips package and following the route with the follow -up number they give, he arrived at El Prat airport, yesterday they had to make the delivery and now I get that they have returned to the sender and do not say why.Has anyone ever happened to you?Cusando I have seen it I have been quadriculated!If I will not try the physiotherapy tape.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
07/05/2016 11:04 p.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

On page 2 of this thread there is an entrance that I hit you:

"Aaandres I have asked in Grifgrips and I have not had any problem. Grips work very well.

To avoid VAT payments in customs, I think the amount must be less than € 20 (or € 22 I am not sure).Below this amount is exempt from VAT.The thing to retain it for being medical material ... is laughing .... it is a simple sticker ...

You always have to choose the cheapest shipment, never Fedex, UPS etc ... There are much less possibilities that they stop it in customs because they are assumed that they will not get a lot of tajada in taxes.I asked the people like that and they didn't stop it either.

Ask Grifgrips to return the money and when you have it repeat the order (maximum 2 packs - € 20) and choose ordinary shipping (the cheapest) "

@aaandres had the same problem.As I commented with the economic shipment and an order of $ 20 I have not had problems.I don't know if Aaandres can tell us what he has done

albertot's profile photo
albertot
07/05/2016 11:19 p.m.

Well, for now, wait.
The package is still in customs in Madrid, a week and peak since it arrived.
In Fedex they have told me that he will soon make the way back and that the sender is up to date.
But the sender makes 'mutis for the forum'.He has not answered any of my emails.It smells bad.
By the way, my order was also $ 20.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
07/05/2016 11:36 p.m.

aaandres said:
then, wait.
The package is still in customs in Madrid, a week and peak since it arrived.
In Fedex they have told me that he will soon make the way back and that the sender is up to date.
But the sender makes 'mutis for the forum'.He has not answered any of my emails.It smells bad.
By the way, my order was also $ 20.

My order is also 20 dollars and I came for Fedex, I think they didn't give me another option.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
07/06/2016 6:55 a.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

I don't understand ... I don't know if I have had a good luck or it is because of the shipment I chose ...

Of course it is important to choose the economic shipment, they sent me with USPS (emails in the US).As we choose the shipment with UPS or Fedex .... they will stop us.

I think @fer had also asked.Fer can you tell us if you also had problems?

I spend my use of USPS in photo, as you see I had no proves:

When they have returned it, ask the store to return the money, there should be no problems.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
07/06/2016 11:21 a.m.

I just arrived the freestyle and the sensors but I think I am going to wait for after the summer to put it on, I am to be soaked, next week I will take a surf course, then in August I am going toThe beach, I prefer not to have to be as pending and measure myself as until now, yes, I invad me a doubt, to shower you also have to cover the sensor?Let's see if someone can answer me.

Greetings to all and happy summer!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/06/2016 2:38 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I wear it at the top of my arm and I have bathed on the beach without covering it and nothing has happened or fespegafo

MigueVik's profile photo
MigueVik
07/06/2016 3:13 p.m.

ruthbia said:
@rociollinares if I have called for something else but I threw the packaging and references and I cannot return it to the laboratory to analyze it.Anyway at the end of July I return to the beach and I will check the salinity, if another fails, I will give you a detailed report of when it has failed and why.
It is curious because the needle did not get out of its accommodation, it simply began to measure Low, Low and Low and at the time and peak I got into and put another one.On Abbott's Facebook there is a message from another person who has just happened to him.

@Ruthbia, two things:
-When you have communicated with Abbott, have you done it via face or via contact form on your website?Have you answered you?(I have not needed for the moment, but it is good to know ...)
-In relation to Low, Low, Low ... Well, that happened to me with my second sensor (I'm going for the third) in the first 24 hours, for several hours;And since in blood I marked me well, I ignored him and I did not take it off (although I did turn the thing about whether they would be sensor failures, or unbalanced issues in my body ... 8- |
The fact is that he later operated correctly ... it costs too much pasta (which is just to pay us, and other times you cannot) to discard it to the first change ...

As for the beach , I haven't gone yet.In the shower none of the three sensors has given me problems.And if the problem on the beach is a matter of blows or trips, I understand that a bracelet that covers can go very well.But if the problem is that the adhesive spoils if it gets wet, the bracelet does not avoid the wet (which Abbott says it can immerse for a maximum of 30 minutes).Do you pull hours inside the water?:-)

fer said:
I copy here a comment from @albertot that I think is of your interest, I have recently bought in the store that comments and the offer of patches for children is bruuuutal!;)

Here link to the store: Link

I love them!:-)
I bathe in a nudist beach, so look at what grace, naked and with butterfly or stars patches, or puppies ... :))

imara's profile photo
imara
07/06/2016 7:05 p.m.

@imara, send a message and called me by phone apart from an email.The low, Low, Low was very rare because he was stable at that time and had been working well for many hours, we are in the office curraizing all day to spoil because he does.
In the shower he has never given me problems or sweat because I do not turn, I think it was the beach because I had never taken off before, moreover, it is hard for me to remove them.Now I carry them with tape in the buttock and good for the pool, of course I am no more than 20 min in the water.
With this one that I have new, a jet of blood came out through the encapsulated, through the center;It has been the first time.I have had to catch a chubby vein;But it was cut right away.

Yesterday I was with a French colleague to which the patches are paid by my company there ... I will see if I get the same in Spain.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/07/2016 2:16 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.