{'en': 'Cover Freestyle Bathroom patch', 'es': 'Cubrir parche de freestyle para baño'} Image

Cover Freestyle Bathroom patch

mjjm1's profile photo   06/20/2016 2:37 p.m.

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
08/24/2022 12:36 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

diabetic said:
needles are of a single use, both in hospital and nursing and at home.They should never be reused because they lose sterility after the first use.

Another thing is that the health center (administrative and sanitary personnel) saves costs and selling your motorcycle.

In my health center, Madrid, give me a needle per puncture, those that are needed.Another different thing is the strips, since I use a sensor they no longer give me.

When I lived in Toledo they also gave me all those that were needed without restrictions.

The issue is that you cannot tell you that you do something contrary to the manufacturer's instructions (that is, reuse them).But they tell you, go if they tell you.The obsession to save in budget (and then take incentives).A disgust.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/24/2022 12:47 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

diabetic said:

I was going to say that I have seen my brother's needle at a reused microscope many times and it doesn't look like this.But come on, that if they are of a single use it is not legal to tell us to reuse, but they do.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/24/2022 12:49 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Everyone can do what I considered but the needles are like sterilized gauze, once despised they lose sterility and increase the risk of infection of anything.If one could "sterilize them" great, we could use them as much as we wanted even if they stand out because they are very, very thin.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/24/2022 5:33 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I certainly prefer not to use it more than once that what was missing would be to take an infection because health save a few euros

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/24/2022 5:51 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

@Ruthbia but they don't give you strips for free, right?Because if you have your old glucometer or ask for a glucometer, they have to give them to you.
They give me sensors and apart from the usual glucometer, yes, less strips than before.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/24/2022 6:28 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@nigiri is that my glucometers are Abbott the three I have and in Madrid they have no brands for this brand.They canceled orders in 2020. It coincided just when the sensor financing began.
They gave me a "Nisu" brand, very bad and returned it.
I buy the online Opium strips for freestyle, 100 strips about 45eur;Expenditure few.I spend less than when I bought the sensors.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/24/2022 9:27 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

A daily needle, for 37 years (except when some of those damn bad needles that they give now stand out).Zero infections.

I take the opportunity to ask about a physical phenomenon that have explained me more than once and that contradicts what they taught me in primary, high school and even in the university: in theory, one of the reasons why they cannot be reused is because they are stuckand "pass less insulin."I already say that I am not a degree in Physics, but if the conduit becomes narrower, the only thing that happens is that you have to do or more pressure or the same for a longer time to be going through the entire dose, and the proof that theFinal has passed the same amount of liquid is that the plunger reaches the end.It is me that I have very crazy ideas, or is there a whole promotion of nursing that do not understand physics?

12mas37's profile photo
12mas37
08/26/2022 8:28 a.m.

You do not see if the subject has changed, of adhesives to protect needle sensors.

Luckily in my health center they give me what I need, needles, lancetas, reactive strips ,,,,, the only thing that does not prescribe to me are the transparent stickers Tegaderm Professional Care, which they recipe in other places, in fact they do not know them.

Throughout the months you know people who put the sensors in many sites, either in the back of the arm that in theory is the only one where it can be put, or in the gluteus, belly, thigh, middle part highfrom the chest, even an Englishman took him in the twin .......

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
08/28/2022 7:52 p.m.

Hello good!I use dressings that I always have adhered, since at the beginning I took the sensor at approximately 10 days.I leave the link to buy them online Link alt = "" class = "img-fluid mb-3" src = " Link "Style =" Max-Width: 300px;

ocd93's profile photo
ocd93
08/30/2022 2:20 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.