{'en': 'Glucoangel, Freestyle continuous reader', 'es': 'GlucoAngel, lector continuo Freestyle'} Image

Glucoangel, Freestyle continuous reader

Ilicitano's profile photo   06/13/2017 6:34 p.m.

Good afternoon,

First of all greet you and thank you for the info you always give.I usually read, but now I keep a doubt and I would like to know your opinion.

A few days ago I read in a local newspaper that a group from the Miguel Hernandez University in Elche had taken for sale glucoangel ( Link a bracelet that reads the freestyle and freeSend the info to any mobile even if it does not have NFC.

It allows you to configure alerts and a thousand more wonders (according to them), I have sought info and the truth does not find much about it.

Does anyone know this device ???Is there something similar ???

I am in charge of my father -in -law and sincerely something like this would come to me wonderful, I would free me a little more and could be quieter.I am valuing to buy it, it is worth 140 euros and although it seems a bit expensive I think it would be very good.

I have contacted them and everything is advantages (which they are going to say .....), I sincerely appreciate any comments.

All the best,

Ilicitano's profile photo
Ilicitano
06/13/2017 6:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Link

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/13/2017 9:54 p.m.

It does not look bad.

Raulgc's profile photo
Raulgc
06/14/2017 9:33 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1.
Debut en 2002 con 23 años.
Medtronic 640g
Freestyle libre.
Última hemo 6,3.
Hipotiroidismo.

sigsauer said:
Link

Thanks for the answer.
I didn't know him either, but if my English does not fail, I think you have to change it every time the freestyle is changed, which comes out even more expensive than the one I mentioned before.Another paste that I see who you recommend is that it overlaps the freestyle and although in the photo it looks wonderful I think it will be somewhat more annoying.
Anyway I will continue asking and waiting to see if someone has bought any of the 2
Thank you

Ilicitano
06/14/2017 11:24 a.m.

@ilicitano The system seems somewhat rudimentary but they are € 140 for the device and the protector and that money is the only one you have to pay does not seem so bad.What I do not see is how it will respond to the water, seeing the device I intuit that it will have to be removed so that it does not get wet.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/14/2017 12:56 p.m.

Sometimes ... to convert a system that is not continuous measurement, in continuous measurement ... you spend money and "orthopedic inventions", added of doubtful result, etc ... and in the end, it is better, andUntil almost equal expensive, move directly to the continuous measurement (which is already more than proven and works perfectly).It is my opinion.

Abbott needs to take the next step, invest more in the product and much less in marketing, since that only benefits them, and users pay.

Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
06/14/2017 7:09 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Good morning everyone
@ilicitano I have bought one of these glucoangel.The final price has been 174 euros including VAT and transport costs.I tell you my impressions ....... But I already anticipate that in our case they are good.
We live in Cáceres and we have a 9 -year -old girl, diagnosed for 3. We used freestyle for 8 months
It is a bracelet with an electronic plaque inside, the plate is rigid in the area where it carries the charger and the battery and the rest that is the antenna is of a flexible material.The loader and the ignition and off button is next to the velcro that closes access to the plate.It has cost us a bit to get to put and get the wire out of the charger and locate the ignition button without having to open the velcro, but it is easy if you are not a patán like us.Put in the arm is not uncomfortable to the girl and in passing offers some protection to the freestyle that always seems to us that hex will fall.
It works with an application for the mobile that is called Glucuard, it comes with an instruction manual and the truth is that it has been easy for us to configure everything, having activated the mobile bluetooth, the bracelet connects only to the application.Logically, our first test was to compare the reader reading with that of the Freestyle reader, and are identical, at some point a point below, but nothing significant.At least for us.
The fire test was done on Tuesday night, we put Sara the bracelet before going to bed and we tried where we gave us home coverage, to the room well and to our room as well.So we had a good time doing readings every minute or every 5 minutes to see nothing fails.We set up the alarms and went to sleep, we got up the same times or more than usually to verify that everything was fine and that the bracelet had not been disconnected in some Sara movement, everything worked great.
Wednesday night we repeat the operation and this time we have rested better, Sara called us at midnight and we took the opportunity to verify that everything worked well, all on and correct.The rest of the night we have ever looked at the mobile to see the reading, but already for vice.
Conclusion and forgive for the will.
In these 2 days we are happy, it does what we expected and we believe that our sleep quality will improve a lot.It is difficult to remove bad habits in a few days.
We dare not say who should use it and who does not, each one to value their situation and decides.In your Ilicitano case for an older person I would not know whether to recommend it or not, if you were in our same situation if I would.
I hope I have helped you in something.
All the best.

oeste's profile photo
oeste
06/15/2017 9:59 a.m.

Thank you very much to everyone.Especially to @este.
If I can take advantage of you a little more I would like to ask you 2 questions:
- Can that bracelet get wet ?????That is showering with him.
- It is not overwhelming now in summer ????
Again thank you very much

Ilicitano
06/16/2017 10:35 a.m.

You have nothing to thank.

To what you ask me, we only have been using it for 3 days, today is the fourth.

Wetting I don't think it can be wet, the electronic plate is separated from the skin by neoprene and does not affect sweat, but on the other side the fabric is much lighter and if wet, I suppose it will be spoiled.

But I don't see the need to take it when it comes to showering, for 10 minutes that you live without it nothing happens.On the issue of overwhelming, more of the same, Sara is put only to sleep and does not find it uncomfortable, last night he made a heat of death and did not complain that he would bother him, nor did he mark or anything like it.

I hope my answers serve you something.

All the best

oeste's profile photo
oeste
06/16/2017 3:34 p.m.

Hello good,

I buy the freestyle, it can be wet, it is synchronized with Android phones and with its reader, etc.For the price you tell me and € 20 more buy the reader and two patches, I would not complicate.

Joaquijr Lop's profile photo
Joaquijr Lop
06/18/2017 12:42 p.m.

Joaquijr Lop said:
good,

I buy the freestyle, it can be wet, it is synchronized with Android phones and with its reader, etc.For the price you tell me and € 20 more buy the reader and two patches, I would not complicate.

Hello.I think the advantage is that you synchronize it with the mobile and configure alerts, for me very important, and must have iPhone like me and we cannot connect the free with the mobile.All the best

diegomiquel's profile photo
diegomiquel
06/18/2017 6:09 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde hace 25 años 6,4 Hb1aC

The glucoangel bracelet I would say that it cannot be wet.But removing it to shower is more than enough.
What it really does is pass the information of the freestyle that requires a mobile with NFC (which I do not have) to any mobile with BluetoOht that is much more common, whether iPhone or Android.
I repeat, I find it useful because I set the alarms and I can be at a distance from my daughter.I don't have to be passing the mobile or reader by the arm every time I want to see their levels.
And the Fresstyle you have to continue buying it, the bracelet does not replace freestyle, simply and in my opinion it brings greater functionality.
All the best

oeste's profile photo
oeste
06/18/2017 7:05 p.m.

It paints very well, and that price is forever, right?I mean you do the expense and it already serves you for all the sensors that I buy.Forgive my ignorance

Is it known if the info can be sent from the mobile for example to a Pebble?The truth was that I planned to ride it with the Sony and the Pebble but seen so it is much more comfortable, it only remains to be confirmed if the app could be configured to show the information on the clock.

Let's see if anyone knows anything.

IreneMV's profile photo
IreneMV
06/18/2017 10:27 p.m.

DM1. Debut: 1998 / Bomba de insulina 2007 / Últ. glico.: 6,7% febrero -2018 / Sin complicaciones.

I have decided to ask for one, I think it is a good system, especially when you sleep. A question took a long time to send?
Thanks greetings

acinco's profile photo
acinco
06/19/2017 9:52 a.m.

Irenemv The bracelet theoretically buy it and it serves you to "always", regarding the other, I have no idea what is Pebble, forgive my ignorance.
Acinco I asked for it in May and they sent it to me last week, they already notified it on the web.An acquaintance has bought this week and told me that they have confirmed that they are delivered before Friday, so apparently it does not take long.
And I already take advantage and if any person in charge of Glucoangel reads this .................... Hehehe is a joke

Greetings to all

oeste's profile photo
oeste
06/19/2017 2:11 p.m.

The Pebble is a clock where the app, receives the information that reaches the sensor's mobile, but I do not know if that app serves for that, the truth is that I do not have much idea.

IreneMV's profile photo
IreneMV
06/19/2017 2:26 p.m.

DM1. Debut: 1998 / Bomba de insulina 2007 / Últ. glico.: 6,7% febrero -2018 / Sin complicaciones.

If confirmed I will receive it at the end of the week now goes faster.
The Pebble clock I do not see information about respect but if it is more comfort, I will investigate, if someone finds information that puts it thanks.

acinco's profile photo
acinco
06/19/2017 6:01 p.m.

I sent an email to know the compatibility with a clock and answer myself
The glucoangel mobile application for the moment is only compatible with the IWatch.We are preparing a new update of the app to be compatible with any smartwatch regardless of the operating system you use.But today it is only compatible with the IWatch.

Being just an app update, it will not be necessary for you to make any change in the future so that your bracelet is compatible with your smartwatch, we will promptly inform the modifications and advances that occur in the future.

acinco's profile photo
acinco
06/20/2017 1:35 p.m.

Finally I have also decided to buy one.It fits quite a lot to what I want.Like the fellow Acinco they have confirmed that he will arrive this week.
Thank you all for your answers

Ilicitano
06/20/2017 3:04 p.m.

If it is how they paint it that it is a good purchase, just for the peace of mind of knowing that they have alarm one goes to sleep quieter and if they update it and we can see our glucose level in a smartwatch and a luxury.
We already tell how the invention is going greetings.

acinco's profile photo
acinco
06/20/2017 6:15 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.