{'en': 'How much is it normal to raise sugar when eating?', 'es': 'Cuanto es normal que suba el azúcar al comer??'} Image

How much is it normal to raise sugar when eating?

Leticia21's profile photo   07/31/2016 12:50 p.m.

At breakfast and at lunch after eating the freestyle I marked some peaks of 200 but at 2h I arrive well ... even low or fair many times.What should I do?Change the dose of the basal or bowling?

Always breakfast a glass of milk with 3 Maria cookies and a little turkey and white cheese ... With respect to lunch it is more varied ...

I don't like to see those peaks and I don't know when it will be in normal.

Another issue ... Pineapple cans in your juice get sugar a lot?I shoot me !!

Thank you!

Leticia21's profile photo
Leticia21
07/31/2016 12:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Having a peak after ingesting food is the most normal.What do you see weird?At two hours it is when it must have come down.
I have never eaten canned pineapple, but if you shoot you, you need more insulin.You get more and ready.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
07/31/2016 6:16 p.m.

If you are fine at two hours, you have succeeded with the dose.
If the curves go up, it is because the action of the insulin we have is very slow compared to the insulin produced by a healthy person, what acts at the moment.

You can try to prick for example 15 minutes before ingesting hydrates that are fast absorption, or click on eating if they are very slow hydrates.
This is done to try to coincide the action peaks of our rapid insulin with the release of glucose of what we ingest.

But for many juggling we do, current insulins are shit, the effect takes too long to appear, the peak of action is not quite powerful and the action is extended too much in time (3 hours).

Unless a low diet is made in HC and very meticulous there will always be peaks in the graphs of continuous meters.

In the end, to import it is to have a hem less than 7 and with the least possible hypos.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
07/31/2016 7:30 p.m.

@Arotorias if I have it well to prick 10/15 minutes before eating ... but I had not taken into account the slow or faster HC.That is to say that if I get up with 110 I start having breakfast cookies and milk and then when I ended up clicking?

Leticia21
07/31/2016 8:36 p.m.

No, to avoid the peak it is better to prick before.
What interests is that this peak is short -lived
Sometimes it can be avoided with a little fat or protein at breakfast, butter?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/31/2016 11:24 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It is short duration ... I get up and at 2h it plummers ... That's why I don't know if that is good

Leticia21
07/31/2016 11:46 p.m.

Try another breakfast that has more fiber, nuts and yogour?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/01/2016 2:06 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

It would be a question of trying that ... a yogurt and cereals or roasted bread with turkey ... although the truth is that I love a cup of coffee with very hot milk in the morning ... but we will have to look that goes better in thebody of one

Leticia21
08/01/2016 2:25 a.m.

Coffee does not rise much.You have to look if you have enough basal at that time.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/01/2016 8:16 a.m.

Breakfast can also be fractionated in two shots.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/01/2016 8:24 a.m.

I put on the three at 14.30 ... so that at breakfast I would have to have yet ... and as they also say that it lasts more than 24h ... although I do not know ... because at first I put it to the11 at night and my endocrine told me to spend it in the morning being one night if I click and dawn with 300

Leticia21
08/01/2016 9:41 a.m.

Today breakfast a cut, two slices of roasted bread with turkey and cheese and some nuts ... Let's see how it goes.It is true that I have also left home and had to walk 10 minutes lightly

Leticia21
08/01/2016 9:46 a.m.

@Leticia21 What the peak uploads is the toasted bread;Although it is integral, it rises a lot.I no longer have those peaks since I changed to a low glycemic index but it is not very good to taste or in the palate, it is a bit gummy.

Another option is to take only the milk and at two hours the bread, I personally do better anything that I eat after 10:00 more or less.Before it is a safe peak and lasts 3 hours according to the free;The rest of food without peaks, eat what it eats.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/01/2016 2:47 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Today's breakfast ... peak up from 190 and not low ... I had to correct with 1 unit and at 2h 200, another unit put myself and then at half an hour dropped 89 and ate a peach and followedGoing to 65 and I had to take a gluc 15. It is seen that the toasted bread in the morning does not feel ... instead at night I always have a salad, a slice of roasted bread and milk and does not peak me any

Leticia21
08/01/2016 3:03 p.m.

Hello, the cut, the bread, and the cookies upload it a lot, sometimes I drink coffee and a banana

Juani_53's profile photo
Juani_53
08/01/2016 3:04 p.m.

Today fatal ...: (((

Leticia21
08/01/2016 3:07 p.m.

@Leticia21 Do not worry, it is the positive part and the negative part of carrying a free or a dexcom, it gives you a very great freedom and security but now you see things that you did not even find out because from breakfast you made a blood glucose in thefood and if you were well you said, pussy, perfect !!But with the continuous meters you see the whole movie and you say pussy, go a piece of peak !!
For me to see a peak between 200 and 220 after breakfast enters normality if it is 1 hour or less.I would not give it more importance, it seems that breakfast peaks for what I see here and what my educator tells me are the X files of diabetes ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/01/2016 3:22 p.m.

Yes ... that seems ... jijij.It is that since I have been making it fatal so many years, now that I am taking it seriously because I am analyzing everything more.My educator told me not to have breakfast later than 10 ... but I don't know why ...

Leticia21
08/01/2016 3:34 p.m.

Breakfast when you come best and what you see is doing better.There are no standards here, the one who rules is the glucometer.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/01/2016 8 p.m.

It goes up to 170 - 180 maximum when having breakfast and then starts to go down and at two hours if everything goes well to be in 100, yes, always breakfast the same, or a slice of rye bread with rye withSomething of a colder (I avoid turkey because the sugar rises a lot) or two corn cakes of these that seem corchopan with some cold.Apart from a tea or infusion but without milk.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/01/2016 9:19 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.