{'en': 'New insulin "Fiasp" by Novo Nordisk', 'es': 'Nueva insulina "Fiasp" de Novo Nordisk'} Image

New insulin "Fiasp" by Novo Nordisk

DiabetesForo's profile photo   07/09/2017 11:49 a.m.

My experience with Fiasp has not been quite good.They have put it on me on the 12th and since that day my glycems do not go down from 200. I have been increasing basal and bowling and there is no way.Yesterday after I had injected 70 units of FIASP throughout the day and my bloodless blood glucose, I changed the puncture site and injects me manually and there was no way.I do not know if I will be doing well or badly but with my complications I spend days in 400 seems suicide.I will talk to my endocrine in my next appointment, I suppose it will not be worth all of the world or I am not giving it the opportunity, but the anxiety and overwhelmed that the FIASP generates and I want to give it to it.

Jess's profile photo
Jess
02/24/2019 2:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello 141946 I do the esso and that disappointment at 4 hours of putting it had 219 and with the mine novorapid I had 130 has and that I continue with novorapid I do not know why these lies say you cannot play with diabetes

141946's profile photo
05/16/2019 11:01 p.m.

I have been trying it for a week and I don't see improvement in action time.
I use the same amount that Novorapid and my glycemia are the same with FIASP as with Novorapid but I do not notice the 5 min of fast action, it takes the same or more than novorapid.
So I use them interchangeably.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/17/2019 6:59 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

It takes time to take more than five minutes.It avoids me to have the breakfast peak because it starts to take effect before the fast.Since I use my glycemia in the morning they are controlled, almost too much because it drops down.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
05/17/2019 3:42 p.m.

Hello good morning, you will see I have changed Humalog to Fiasp, because first puncture and hypoglycemia practically after dinner, eye!In glycemia before dinner of 170, ration of hydrates 30 grams of slow absorption (rye bread basically with few addressed sugars (that of the mercadona that comes in slices)), with humalog this type of slow absorption hydrates do not usually make peaks,Well, I finish dinner and in less than 60 minutes pum hip, control the hypo and then all normal during the night in rank and without declines.My question is, as I have read for the forum various opinions:
- It has a very fast effect as soon as my diet is basically based on slow absorption hydrates (whole wheat/ rye, legumes, rice, vegetables, proteins, occasionally some pasta, pizza or hamburger), for this reason you see a good ideaThat insulin puts me after eating or practically seeing the foods that have more hydrates have, so that I do not give me the hicc as or just after eating?My feeling is as if insulin was faster than the absorption of food by the intestine.
- When is its maximum action peak?On the Internet he says that at 20-40 min.But from experience when you notice that it starts to go down in a more abrupt way?
- How much does it usually last active in the body, the theory is the usual, but when you see convenient if it is necessary to correct, when doing it at 2 hours would be safe, I with Humalog did it at two hours, but this insulin say thatDo you have a shorter active life?
- And finally and forgive for the beating, but I have a hard time starting from 0 again hahaha. When could sports with this active insulin, let's say that at 1h and 30 min - 2 hours after clicking it?

vigante92's profile photo
vigante92
07/18/2023 10:19 a.m.

in force92 said:
hello good morning, you will see me changed my humalog to fiasp, because first puncture and hypoglycemia practically after dinner, eye!In glycemia before dinner of 170, ration of hydrates 30 grams of slow absorption (rye bread basically with few addressed sugars (that of the mercadona that comes in slices)), with humalog this type of slow absorption hydrates do not usually make peaks,Well, I finish dinner and in less than 60 minutes pum hip, control the hypo and then all normal during the night in rank and without declines.My question is, as I have read for the forum various opinions:
- It has a very fast effect as soon as my diet is basically based on slow absorption hydrates (whole wheat/ rye, legumes, rice, vegetables, proteins, occasionally some pasta, pizza or hamburger), for this reason you see a good ideaThat insulin puts me after eating or practically seeing the foods that have more hydrates have, so that I do not give me the hicc as or just after eating?My feeling is as if insulin was faster than the absorption of food by the intestine.
- When is its maximum action peak?On the Internet he says that at 20-40 min.But from experience when you notice that it starts to go down in a more abrupt way?
- How much does it usually last active in the body, the theory is the usual, but when you see convenient if it is necessary to correct, when doing it at 2 hours would be safe, I with Humalog did it at two hours, but this insulin say thatDo you have a shorter active life?
- And finally and forgive for the beating, but I have a hard time starting from 0 again hahaha. When could sports with this active insulin, let's say that at 1h and 30 min - 2 hours after clicking it?

In your place I would make low food in hydrates, without white bread or rice or pasta and with fair legumes and fruits another is a very personal issue.
Personally I think that with pregnancy or without it (with pregnancy even worse), it is impossibleIt seems a lot 30 g in a single meal but I already say that it is something very personal and to that conclusion I have arrived after much try to try to have a gyrose around 5.7 or so, always in less than 6 q is how future complications are avoided,and little glucemic variability.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/19/2023 1:11 a.m.

in force92 said:
hello good morning, you will see me changed my humalog to fiasp, because first puncture and hypoglycemia practically after dinner, eye!In glycemia before dinner of 170, ration of hydrates 30 grams of slow absorption (rye bread basically with few addressed sugars (that of the mercadona that comes in slices)), with humalog this type of slow absorption hydrates do not usually make peaks,Well, I finish dinner and in less than 60 minutes pum hip, control the hypo and then all normal during the night in rank and without declines.My question is, as I have read for the forum various opinions:
1 - It has a very fast effect as soon as my diet is basically based on slow absorption hydrates (whole wheat/ rye, legumes, rice, vegetables, proteins, occasionally some pasta, pizza or hamburger), for this reason you see goodidea that puts me insulin after eating or practically seeing consumed the foods that have more hydrates, so that I do not give me a hiccup as long as or just after eating?My feeling is as if insulin was faster than the absorption of food by the intestine.
2 - When is its maximum action peak?On the Internet he says that at 20-40 min.But from experience when you notice that it starts to go down in a more abrupt way?
3 - How much does it usually last active in the body, the theory is the usual, but when you see convenient if it is necessary to correct, when doing so at 2 hours would be certain, I with Humalog did it at two hours, but this insulin sayWhat has a shorter active life?
4 - And finally and forgive for the beating, but I have a hard time starting from 0 again hahaha. When could sports with this active insulin, let's say that at 1h and 30 min - 2 hours after clicking it?

1- With slow absorption hydrates I usually divide fiasp into 2, if for example you have a 10gr HC ratio by 1 insulin.I would make 2 + 1 optional.Taking into account that in my case I have a greater sensitivity at night.(Fiasp acts faster at night than in the morning due to insulin sensitivity).

2- Although it begins to take effect soon between 5 'and 20', I have proven that my peak of action is at the time.

3 - Active 90 'But in my case I do not expect if I see that I need correction.

4- I understand that it is aerobic sport, starting at 90 '

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
07/19/2023 9:12 a.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

@Josemibi Buah!Very complete your answer, you have resolved many doubts, I will follow her as I am doing, I will tell.Thank you very much to both !!!

vigante92's profile photo
vigante92
07/19/2023 10:49 p.m.

@meginer and you don't have many hypos with a gyrus of 5.7 ??I see it very low for a type 1 diabetic, type 2 is another story, I get to have it at 6.2 and the last one is 6.7, but between 5 and 5.9 that is of a non -diabetic person uffff, I always prefer to have aProfile of less than 150 and more than 120 and less after a while I almost always make hypos, since I have good control I have or I have had enough hypos

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
07/20/2023 4:34 p.m.

rogerix said:
@meginer and you don't have many hypos with a gycy of 5.7 ???I see it very low for a type 1 diabetic, type 2 is another story, I get to have it at 6.2 and the last one is 6.7, but between 5 and 5.9 that is of a non -diabetic person uffff, I always prefer to have aProfile of less than 150 and more than 120 at least a while I almost always make hypos, since I have good control I have or I have had enough hypos
>

No, if you eat a few hydrates and you have the basal well tight, there is no too much glycemics variability, I can once be in 65 but then go up.
As for what you say that it is a very low figure for a diabetic, to see, that is not what we aspire?, To try to have normoglycemia most of the time?, We have no right to have normal glycems those who havediabetes?Is it the only way to avoid important future complications, or is it that we have to resign ourselves to having them?Well, from 6 of gly, complications are seen with the time so I try to be in less than 6 and what is more impote, with little glycemic variability because the very pronounced ups and downs are equal to harmful that a gly in more than 6.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/20/2023 4:53 p.m.

@Meginer than more gastronomically speaking life has had to live, and do not release the "I like everything" that is not so and you know it, but it is the unfair price that we have to pay so not to have complications.Anyway, glyds in type 1 diabetics of 5.7% are of a very strict diet and you have margin because I think up to 6.2% are the normal levels in healthy people from 4.7 to 6.2 I think it varies according to laboratory, I from 6.2 I have never loweredIn these 2 years that I have strict control, before I was between 7 and 8, now I have never gone from 6.7 in these 2 years

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
07/21/2023 12:19 a.m.

I lead a normal life and my last Glyc was 5.6.
In June I ate 2 paellas and until next year.
It is a matter of knowing how to manage the days that one passes.
I "play" with advantage because I do not like pasta and little or nothing legumes, and the meats little.I am of grilled fish and vegetables, my only sacrifice is fruit.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/21/2023 8:41 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

rogerix said:
@meginer than more gastronomically speech life speaking has had to live, and do not release "me as everything" that is not so and you know, but it is the unfair priceThat we have to pay for not having complications.Anyway, glyds in type 1 diabetics of 5.7% are of a very strict diet and you have margin because I think up to 6.2% are the normal levels in healthy people from 4.7 to 6.2 I think it varies according to laboratory, I from 6.2 I have never loweredIn these 2 years that I have strict control, I was always between 7 and 8, now I have never gone from 6.7 in these 2 years

Well, as you see it, I really enjoy life, not eating sweets or paste or rice or white bread, I don't care too much, I don't suffer for it, I've never been a candy, I enjoy a chuleton, a good ham, prawns, prawns, prawns, Fish of the great that we have in Andalusia, a good dry white wine, some tomatoes from the Sierra de Aracena ...
All of that can be eaten without having peaks, and it is a matter of knowing you and having a lotWhat no.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/21/2023 9:08 p.m.

rogerix said:
@meginer than more gastronomically speech life speaking has had to live, and do not release "me as everything" that is not so and you know, but it is the unfair priceThat we have to pay for not having complications.Anyway, glyds in type 1 diabetics of 5.7% are of a very strict diet and you have margin because I think up to 6.2% are the normal levels in healthy people from 4.7 to 6.2 I think it varies according to laboratory, I from 6.2 I have never loweredIn these 2 years that I have strict control, I was always between 7 and 8, now I have never gone from 6.7 in these 2 years

6.2 Ne seems a lot, 5.5 is the limit for a non -diabetic, from 5.6 to 6 is prediabetes and more than 6 diabetes.
It is true that in older people it could be more flexible and have a wider sleeve for the diagnosis but in people from 60 down, what do you want to say?
6.2 means an average high blood glucose, around 160 or so, it seems a lot.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/21/2023 9:16 p.m.

rogerix said:

I just saw the table and 6.2 is an average of 143 mg/dl of glycemia.For my high for the ADA, it is considered good control and it is not bad, I have had a lotI work because of diabetes

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/21/2023 9:21 p.m.

@meginer depends the diabetes, to me 6.2 I find it very good glycosilada, I preferNormally if I get to 80 I take something to go up a little and avoid the hypo, but he has happened to you like me that you have been more than 7 and one day you realize that there you are not goingWell, 5 to 6 in a diabetic it seems to me for me very difficult because I have a tendency to hypoglycemia, I am 100 ending up going down to 70 and I start seeing bad and sweating, that's why I ask you if you did hypos with a hemOf 5.7 in a diabetic it is quite difficult, I have an average of 149 in 90 days that is the time that the sensor with the app is averaged, if you are lucky to average 120 whenever they would be 5.5% without making hypos and I tell youGood luck

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
07/22/2023 12:23 a.m.

rogerix said:
@meginer depends diabetes, my 6.2 seems very good glycosilada, I prefer to be around 120-140, if I am between 90-110 I do safe hypoglycemia, inI change in 140 or 120 I have margin to go to 100 and normally if I put to 80 I already take something to go up a little and avoid the hypo, but hey it has happened to you like me that you have been more than more than more than7 And one day you realize that in there you are not doing well, 5 to 6 in a diabeticSwear, that's why I ask you if you did hypos with a 5.7 hemo in a diabetic is quite difficult, I have an average of 149 in 90 days that it is the time averaged by the sensor with the app, if you are lucky enough to average120 Whenever they would be 5.5% without making hypos already tell you you are very lucky

It is a matter of that your body gets used to, how you get used to being in a range of 70 to 140, there is a time in which you can get it.That is difficult? Of course, but not impossible, a matter of time and much knowledge, I can assure you, and it is not based on hypos, I can ever have but I can assure you that it is not usual.And it is not luck as you say, it is a matter of forming well, knowing how every insulin affects you, the tpo that takes you to take effect, when you have more insulin resistance, how each food affects you, to know how to act, at firstIt is a bit farroso, in the end you end up doing it almost without thinking, a matter of much learning but it is worth it because it is your health.
If you say that you have a tendency to hypos we will have to know why, if from 100 passes immediateIf that usually happens to you, the same is that you have plenty slow, or you have to set it, or you get too fast, or do you exercise important when you still have fast active insulin ... they can be many factors, it has meTaked decades and keep learning.I give you an example, how do you get pregnant, they put an objective range between 70 and 140, and even up to 120 maximum.Why?, PQ higher is harmful, for you and for the baby.Therefore it means that the objective without diabetes is that and to avoid important complications, it is also that, I do not use what the ADA says to be in less than 7, I am tired of seeing diabetics with serious complications due to controls with older glysof 6 held in the TPO and with evolution of 12 or 15 years.And I can have them, I have beencapable of getting normal ranges and I think we are in our right to get them.Or is it denied a hypertensive to get normal levels of blood pressure or an asthmatic control to control its crises?

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/22/2023 1:01 a.m.

But with sugar it is more difficult than an asnatic or a hypertensive, I also have something because of sugar

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
07/22/2023 10:22 a.m.

rogerix said:
but with sugar it is more difficult than an asnatic or hypertensive, I also have something because of sugar

Well, more reasons to be stricter.
And well, it is more difficult ... and we put excuses, I assure you that it is very in our hand, many variables influence but it is no excuse to take care of us as much as possible.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/22/2023 10:48 p.m.

You are all right @meginer I have always been between 6 and 6.6 only on one occasion llgue at 7.3 and in five years of DM I have developed a peripheral neuropathy, now my goals are below 6

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
07/22/2023 11:53 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.