{'en': 'New insulin "Fiasp" by Novo Nordisk', 'es': 'Nueva insulina "Fiasp" de Novo Nordisk'} Image

New insulin "Fiasp" by Novo Nordisk

DiabetesForo's profile photo   07/09/2017 11:49 a.m.

He is already being marketed, they told me that until next year it did not come out?I use Apidra and told me the endocrine that was better than that one you only earned a few minutes before and lasted less you will say like such
thank you

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/30/2018 8:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

antonimar said:
is already being marketed told me that until next year it did not come out ??I use Apidra and told me the endocrine that was better than that one you only earned a few minutes before and lasted less you will say like such
Thanks

I believe that the duration is the same in personal study, in graphics after what we were told in the Lantus I prefer to say but to see personal opinions.

Well, if you win not to wait to eat, in an issue you can see what people comment, I am not very happy, but I prefer this to Humalog.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/30/2018 9:04 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Good morning,

Let's see, I tell you how it works to me:
-To lower peaks I have noticed the difference.Before with Novorapid, in values ​​of 200/250, perhaps it took hours to go down and the curve was very little pronounced.With Fiasp, the curve is has a lot of slope, perhaps in 15 min.I have already noticed how to go down.
-On the other hand, in the case of starting to eat without waiting with values ​​between 140/160, I have not noticed any change.In a short time I already put myself in the 200 and I ended up correcting.This morning for example, I got up around 150 and how I was in a hurry, I have not waited at breakfast.Result: 203 right now.
My conclusion (at least in my body), is that the performance is faster, but you must wait to have good levels to eat.

MireiaB's profile photo
MireiaB
10/31/2018 9:59 a.m.

Hello
Today they have changed to this new insulin.At the moment I will only use it for breakfast.I'm scared, but I'll try it.I am lazy to control everything again since I do not use continuous meter and it is more Latino to analyze, value, rectify, etc.
I am very happy because I have achieved a 7th hem. I had to say it :)

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/13/2018 3:08 p.m.

anaisabel said:
hello
Today they have changed to this new insulin.At the moment I will only use it for breakfast.I'm scared, but I'll try it.I am lazy to control everything again since I do not use continuous meter and it is more Latino to analyze, value, rectify, etc.

Hello, I have been using it for a month and it shows that it is faster, so you avoid food peaks.I have not dropped units, that is, I still use the same amount of insulin, since the biggest difference is that at noon I always put a multious bolus, use pump.I hope you do well, and congratulations for your glycosilada.

TATO's profile photo
TATO
12/13/2018 7:15 p.m.

Diagnóstico DM1 - 1993
Tandem t: slim X2 - 2019, Novo Rapid
Dexcom G5 - 2017
Última glicosilada 6,5

Congratulations @anaisabel, I think it will be very good for breakfast peaks.You tell us.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/13/2018 10:16 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I am from the opinion of not touching anything if it goes well.With effort, but without complicating my life I have managed to lower my hem and maintain my weight and even go down a little, change insulin only in the morning is very much because my mind already has to be with another story, but I will tryTo see if that breakfast peak is lower.
Thanks @regina @Tato.
Tell your experiences can always help someone.

Anaisabel
12/13/2018 10:56 p.m.

anaisabel said:
hello

Of course you had to say it !!!!To continue fighting with illusion even if this is not easy!

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/14/2018 8:48 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

@Anaisabel already tell us how you are doing and the one who is also using it, your experiences will come to us.I have an appointment in January (bad dates to lower the hemo for Christmas: '() And according to what you will try FIASP or I will continue with Novorapid.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/14/2018 7:13 p.m.

@Anaisabel already tell us how you are doing and the one who is also using it, your experiences will come to us.I have an appointment in January (bad dates to lower the hemo for Christmas: '() And according to what you will try FIASP or I will continue with Novorapid.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/14/2018 7:13 p.m.

As we always say, it is a world, but in my case I am very happy.
I have my good range between 70-160 and these are my levels of three months before FIASP and then, the last month and a half.

BEFORE

AFTER

What I have is to be careful with the bolus of the food so as not to have a hiccup, I put a multiont with an immediate amount of insulin depending on my initial glucose, and the rest distributes it by 1 hour and a half.

All the best.

TATO's profile photo
TATO
12/15/2018 11:19 p.m.

Diagnóstico DM1 - 1993
Tandem t: slim X2 - 2019, Novo Rapid
Dexcom G5 - 2017
Última glicosilada 6,5

I have already bought the Fiasp insulin, but I have not used it yet.
Today I have controlled myself several times and this has been the result with Novorapid,
8,30h 121
9,30h 186
10h 168
11h 162
13h 142
I hadn't controlled me so much just at breakfast and at eating.I thought the peak was very high because I could see it when I wore the freestyle.Now it doesn't happen !!!
I will keep looking at how I'm going a couple more days.

Anaisabel
12/18/2018 1:40 p.m.

Hello, a question, today in consultation they have recommended the change to Fiasp, the problem is that I use the 1/2 Junior Humalog Unit.I have been given a Junior Star pen, reusable device to administer insulin in half -unit interval, but of course, for that I need cartridges and in the pharmacy they tell me that in Spain it is not yet marketed, can anyone tell me if it is so?I have seen that it exists .. ( Link but maybe here right?

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
12/19/2018 8:56 p.m.

merchem said:
Hello, a question, today in consultation I have recommended the change to Fiasp, the problem is that I use a lot of the 1/2 Junior Humalog Unit.I have been given a Junior Star pen, reusable device to administer insulin in half -unit interval, but of course, for that I need cartridges and in the pharmacy they tell me that in Spain it is not yet marketed, can anyone tell me if it is so?I have seen that it exists .. ( Link but maybe here right?

In Spain at the moment only PEN, and in February if everything goes well in Vial, referring to the cartridge the laboratory in Spain would not have two weeks.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/19/2018 9:16 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Well I've been using Fiasp for a month.The balance is good.I need one unity less than a novorapid in general, there are times that I doubt if I have 100 and for example.130 If I put a more downturn.
At the moment I put it only for breakfast.I will see if I use it at food and dinner.I doubt a lot since now I have it more or less controlled and I do not want this streak to balance without the need: P

Anaisabel
01/19/2019 2:34 p.m.

@Anaisabel I would like to try it but above all to be able to prick after eating in those days that you are in descending curve and you do not do any peak at meals, when you eat very slow absorption hydrates or simply to correct.- On Tuesday I haveCheck to see what endocrine tells me.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/19/2019 2:47 p.m.

Nothing happens to try ... you tell us :)

Anaisabel
01/19/2019 2:53 p.m.

I use the novorapid cartridges for half a unit (Novopen Echo), the endocrine was recommended because especially in the morning I need half units but I am on the test.
I think the FIASP would be good to have it for the high peaks in my case.But I do not know if they can prescribe the two types of fast insulin, another doubt is conservation, since if only used at specific times, would the ball be discarded equally at 4 weeks?

091975's profile photo
01/19/2019 9 p.m.

Diabética tipo 1:Tresiba 13u por las mañanas
Novorapid sobre: 2-5-3. Modifico según Hidratos y mediciones
H.G. (1/12/18): 6,3

They can be prescribed both at the same time.If you need two, why don't I have both of them in the electronic recipe plus the three.He put the heart doctor a guideline and when I need more I will tell him and increase what is necessary.
Give sorrow, but I'm afraid I'm going to throw the bolis ... now I only use 3-4 units.
Do not imagine that glucose plummeted, it is not so.It works like the novorapid but acts before.

Anaisabel
01/19/2019 9:27 p.m.

It is that sometimes it seems that they have a hard time releasing ... Well, you have clarified me because otherwise it is very effective for slow peaks or digestions in my case the truth is not interesting, since I usually put the fast in half food or at the end.Thanks @anaisabel

091975's profile photo
01/19/2019 9:50 p.m.

Diabética tipo 1:Tresiba 13u por las mañanas
Novorapid sobre: 2-5-3. Modifico según Hidratos y mediciones
H.G. (1/12/18): 6,3

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.