{'en': 'New insulin "Fiasp" by Novo Nordisk', 'es': 'Nueva insulina "Fiasp" de Novo Nordisk'} Image

New insulin "Fiasp" by Novo Nordisk

DiabetesForo's profile photo   07/09/2017 11:49 a.m.

Hello good,

The news that is going to market the new faster and more stable insulin has come out, I don't know if there is someone who has already tried it and can tell us how such?

greetings.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/09/2017 11:49 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Let's see..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/10/2017 4:10 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

We are going to see when it comes out, it seems that it is much faster and disappears before the body so it can avoid peaks, they say it is similar to inhaled insulin AFREZZA, of which we cannot see it in paint, it is approved butIt does not go on sale yet.

FANAFREZZA's profile photo
FANAFREZZA
07/10/2017 9:05 p.m.

In the US it has been in the market for a while.

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
07/11/2017 6:05 p.m.

They could have put another color ... It looks a lot like threeiba!

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
07/15/2017 7:05 p.m.

They said it would arrive by May-June, but hey, these things are waiting.Personally, I see this very interesting insulin for several reasons.

JVH's profile photo
JVH
07/16/2017 10:19 a.m.

Hi, I wanted to.The endocrine introduce any novelty systematically rejects it, it seems that now I will get the child to be able to try to solve the problem that supposes that abasaglar ends in the middle of the afternoon with the consequent peaks, no if you have achieved from your endocrineChange in the end forgive yes.

Garci's profile photo
Garci
07/16/2017 11:25 a.m.

The Levemir is quite old now this three, toujeo, I have used to lift for 2 years and I am doing very well I have tried threeiba but I did not finish working, I have proved.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/16/2017 12:51 p.m.

Hello Antonimimar I hope this time is true and get that this time the endo makes us some change to solve the problem of the afternoon peaks to be shown every 12 hours not?And replaces Abasaglar?

Garci's profile photo
Garci
07/16/2017 4:58 p.m.

Hello!Can the toujeo use children?

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
08/25/2017 4:22 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Some endocrine are not in favor of using toujeo in children.
How is the arrival of Fiasp in Spain?

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
10/09/2017 12:18 p.m.

I tell you, I know an endocrine who has already tried it, they have brought it and used, it has told me that the difference with the Humalog and other quick now when it comes to making effect is exaggerated.In addition, it is tested to be used with insulin pumps.You already want them to market it in Spain and not have to wait so long to start eating.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/11/2017 5:41 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Will you remove the breakfast peaks?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/11/2017 6:50 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
will take away the breakfast peaks?

But now peaks do not have to regine.Breakfast peaks can be due to the rise alba effect where the liver releases glycogen and not with tamo s with the n rose because we do not wait for it, for not waiting for enough time or taking too many HC of rapid absorption.
That insulin will avoid a little more alone in the event that they now occur for not waiting for enough time.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/12/2017 9:14 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Our Anedia Galicia companions tell us about the new insulin.
Link
(I copy and hit someone's link)
FIASP: Insulin twice faster
New tool to avoid hyperglycemia, could it be the solution for postprandial blood glucose?
On September 27 and 28, 2017, the company Novo Nordisk convened an international meeting of experts in Madrid to assess its new FIASP (Faster Aspart) insulin.In this post we summarize the most relevant information that was discussed at this meeting to try to solve your questions about this new insulin.
What is FIASP and how has it been obtained?
The new Faster Aspart (FIASP; Novo Nordisk) is an Insulin Aspart (Novo-Rapid) formulation that contains two additional excipients: nicotinamide (Vit B3) and arginine.The addiction of these two excipients ensures that, compared to Insulin aspart, it is absorbed more quickly, leads to a more early exposure and achieves a lower increase in glucose after intake.
Is the new Fiasp insulin for me?
Currently, the use of Faster Aspart is authorized for people over 18 with type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes, both for multiple dose treatment (feathers) and insulin pump.Its approval by the FDA and EMA has been done based on the results of efficacy and safety of the OSET study study in which more than 2000 adults with DM1 and DM2 have participated.In addition, there are several studies in progress to expand the authorization of FIASP in pediatric age and in combination with Insulin Degludec (Tresiba).At the moment there are no studies in pregnancies.
How does it work and what about Insulin Aspart?
FIASP insulin tries to mimicize the physiological response of insulin by the pancreas before food intake.The beginning of its appearance is twice as fastof glucose compared to Insulin aspart so it allows a better control of postprandial glucose in the first two hours.The duration is similar.
Modified of Heise et al.Clin Pharmacokinet (2017) 56: 551–559
FIASP insulin appears in blood about 2.5 minutes after administration.The time elapsed until reaching 50% of the maximum concentration is 9 minutes smaller with FIASP compared to Aspart.In addition, in the first 15 minutes, the available insulin is four times higher and, in the next 15 minutes, twice higher.The maximum ability to reduce Fiasp glucose, which we call its hypoglycemic effect, occurs between 1 and 3 hours after injection.The total hypoglycemic effect of FIASP and Novorapid are comparable.The variability of its action, both that observed between different people and and within the same person, is low and comparable to the aspart.
Does it have an impact on glycosylated hemoglobin?
Postprandial blood glucose control is an essential component to achieve the HA1C objectives of 6.5-7%, which are recommended by different scientific societies to reduce the incidence and slow the progression of chronic complications.The FIASP manages to reduce glycemic excursions without increasing hypoglycemia and on the other hand, it has shown to reduce the HA1C slightly.In the Onset 1 essay, Randomized, double-scar, 381 people over 18 years ofcompared to the use of ASPAR with an average reduction of theA1C of 0.15%.
Can it also be used in insulin pumps?
The continuous subcutaneous infusion of insulin (ISCI) with Faster Aspart demonstrated even a better absorption and action profile on its administration in multiple doses of insulin (MDI).The beginning of the exhibition with an ISCI system (elapsed time until it reached the maximum concentration) was faster with Fiasp than with Novorapid, which produced an insulin availability about three times higher during the first 30 minutes.
Modified of Heise et al.Diabetes Obes Metab 2017. 19 (2): 208–215
In which countries is it approved?
The FIASP insulin was approved in January 2017 by the EMA for the 28 EU countries for adults with MDI or ISCI treated diabetes.In March 2017, it was approved in Canada for adults treated with MDI and on September 29, 2017, the FDA also approved it in the USA for adults treated with MDI.There is still no approval for patients under 18 or in pregnant women.
Do you have side effects?
FIASP insulin carries nicotinamide and arginine, both excipients are established by the FDA as inactive for injectable products.It has no different side effects of ASPART insulin.
Does the administration zone influence the action of this insulin?
The start time of the action is similar independently of the injection region: abdomen, upper part of the arm or thigh.However, the administration in arm and abdomen achieves a faster action profile, because in these regions the maximum concentration is achieved before.The total exposure is comparable in the three injection places.
Modified of Hövelmann U et al.Clin Drug Investment.2017 May; 37 (5): 503-509
Currently in progress:
ONSET 5: Adults with type 1 diabetes in insulin pump treatment.16 weeks.Ends in the third quarter of 2017 and will be reported in Medical Meetings in 2018
ONSET 7: Children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes in treatment with multiple doses of insulin.
Onset 8;Adults with type 1 diabetes in treatment with insulin swallow.
ONSET 9: Adults with type 2 diabetes.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/12/2017 11:36 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

It seems interesting, although that "average reduction of the A1C of only 0.15%" disappoints me a little.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/12/2017 9:15 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

sherpa41 said:
seems interesting, although that "average reduction of the A1C of only 0.15%" disappoints me a little.

Let's see that hemoglobin is very relative.The important thing is the wait to start eating and nothing else.What is it worth taking effect before if other things are not done well?
How many times do we have to sit down if or if without having put the insulin before?Well, I will be exaggerated but when that has happened to me, I wait for my time depending on levels and if I have to wear a snack I take it but have peaks knowing that I will have them I do not.
For many insulins that take out if we do not do things well, it is worth it.But a great advance for these cases that we have little time to eat and we have happened to put the insulin early.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/12/2017 11:55 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Maria at breakfast if it is in normal values ​​needs 50 min waiting, if you are no longer even tell you.So I have to wake it up at 6.30 to click.And in food many days cannot wait or would always be late to class in the afternoon.So if this insulin will help us reduce waiting time will be great.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
10/13/2017 8:53 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

I never wait for breakfast and it does not give me peak but as very little hydrate (over 1 ration) and also mixed with fat and protein that is slower.Normally it does not go from 130 -140 the peak.But I need as double insulin by ration than at other times.The mornings are always the most complicated part.I think it is because the body releases reservations when you get up because I have ever skipped it and I do not wear the fast, a few hours later it starts to rise and I have to get quickly even if it doesn't eat anything.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
10/13/2017 9:38 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

I think it is a good advance, surely it is not the panacea but as @"jconegar" says for those who do not have much or sometimes patience to click and wait to eat I think it is very good, in fact, I imagine that ifYou get a little fair to food and eat some slow absorption, you will have to click after eating so I imagine that apart from prescribing it, they will have to give a small explanation or mini course so as not to cause hypoglycemia and they will not prescribe it to all thepeople without a minimum of training.Above all I see it positive for the topic of correcting high glycemias that with the current insulins you can take 3 hours to correct.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/13/2017 11:18 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.