{'en': 'ABBOTT free freestyle problems', 'es': 'Problemas con FreeStyle Libre de Abbott'} Image

ABBOTT free freestyle problems

ReLeo's profile photo   08/04/2017 1:47 p.m.

At this time I am, in addition to very disappointed, quite angry and in full battle with Abbott, because I have triedThird sensor (replacement) has not worked either.

All were scanned correctly by the reader and waited 1 hour, but when I tried reading first a message of error of the sensor came and finally a message saying that I had to change the sensor.

It happened 3 times with 3 different sensors.They insist on sending me new replacement sensors, but I do not want, because I simply do not trust this system and these failures generate anxiety.

I also live in Gran Canaria and take an eternity to arrive orders.

But they do not accept to return the money.

Greetings,

ReLeo's profile photo
ReLeo
08/04/2017 1:47 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"I re -re -" I have more than 35 sensors and that has never happened to me, give us more details, where you put it etc etc, do you place it well ..?

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/04/2017 2:16 p.m.

sigsauer said:
@"re -re -"Blockquote>
Hello, yes, after failing the first sensor we review the placement process at home and we see that I follow the instructions correctly.First clean the area in the arm, in an area prepared for this purpose (I removed the hairs to facilitate adhesion).It is the same area that appears in the videos of the device.Then the sensor's glass and unscrew the applicator's glass.Both align through the black line and press to the top.The sensor is in the applicator.I finally put it in the arm.I spend the reader and this scan on a sensor and tells me to wait 60 minutes.Wait.After the time I try to read and the failure I have described appears.The sensor does not give me any reading and must be removed.

ReLeo's profile photo
ReLeo
08/04/2017 2:25 p.m.

@"Re -re -" pussy !!(with forgiveness) Well, I don't understand it, that it happens to you with 1 sensor, but that it happens to you with 3 different sensors, I only see that what fails is the "reader" or file x;The only thing I can advise you to rule out the reader is that you scan the sensor with the applications that exist for mobile phone, the ABBOTT officer (LibreLink) or the unofficial glymp or LIAPP because if with these they would work, it would be clear whereThere is the problem.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/04/2017 3:21 p.m.

sigsauer said:
@"re -re -" pussy !!(with forgiveness) Well, I don't understand it, that it happens to you with 1 sensor, but that it happens to you with 3 different sensors, I only see that what fails is the "reader" or file x;The only thing I can advise you to rule out the reader is that you scan the sensor with the applications that exist for mobile phone, the ABBOTT officer (LibreLink) or the unofficial glymp or LIAPP because if with these they would work, it would be clear whereThere is the problem .-

Well, I do not intend to worry anyone, just try to understand what may be happening in my case.The reader is not, because the first sensor tried to use with LibreLink and failed.It was my initial idea, using LibreLink, but precisely as they failed they offered me and then sent the "official" reader.Nor did it work for me.That is, the result is the same with the reader and with LibreLink.Finally, from Abbott, they suggest that the problem is me, but I don't think I have telekinetic powers to influence electronics.I have been managing my type 1 diabetes and I have handled all kinds of gadgets without problems.I come from an era when the reactive strips had to be dry with a paper scarf and then compare the color with a palette of values.But I read in this forum things that make me think that this device is not yet very developed, because there are those who say that the sensor should be put when blood glucose is in a certain way, or that the sensor stopped working after several readings, I don't know... It seems to me a bit confusing for a device that is expensive.And Abbot's website says nothing about one moment or another of the day is better to put the sensor.In my left arm there is nothing (wrinkles, scars, moles, etc.) that prevents the sensor from getting into contact with the interstitial fluid.In fact, a continuous meter to do a study years ago at the hospital for 1 week and there were no problems.For what I read, it does not seem to me that what has happened to me is so weird.

ReLeo's profile photo
ReLeo
08/04/2017 5:21 p.m.

I still think that that it has happened to you with 3 sensors if it is very, very rare, there are people who have given it problems with the differences in the glycemia or with the adhesive but that does not make any reading in 3 sensors in a row, hereI have never read it.It only occurs that you have very little fat in the part of the arm in which you place it or put it in muscle but I do not know, I would try it in another place, ass, gut but little more I can advise you....

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/04/2017 6:48 p.m.

:-?~ X (~ x (

Good!I have placed a sensor a matter of an hour ... I have left it for a while before activating it ... and what has been my surprise, that I have taken off even before starting it ... I will call Abbott tomorrow so thatThey change it to me ... have this ever happened to you?
I hope they change it without problems!because if they are not going to have Raquel for a while ..
I really had no problems with any sensor

all the best!

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
08/08/2017 11:44 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992, con 9 añitos; Tresiba 10, Apidra en función de HC
Freestyle Libre

@"Rake" happened to me with a sensor but I recognize that it was my fault, I had the irritated area and the day before I put on the new sensor I threw a cream for my skin and when I put on the new one I forgot to clean myself with alcohol,I was stuck in what took to go to the gym and shower ... I called and did not put any problem, I obviously did not say anything about the cream, and it will not be very good but it seems to me that Abbott the ethics and the ethics and theMoral care a pepper except for the annual benefits ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/09/2017 1:10 p.m.

@"Re -re -" could make an easy joke with waiting for an hour less in the Canary Islands, but I guess you are not humorous> :)

Even if it is discouraging and since they will not reimburse you, you just have to ask for replacement sensors again and continue testing.It can be a bad spicy and that has touched you (it would be bad luck), I can't think of anything else.I carry with sensors since they started and only one has given me error.

Cheer up!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/09/2017 5:41 p.m.

sigsauer said:
@"rake"skin and when I got the new one I forgot to clean myself with alcohol, it lasted stuck what took time to go to the gym and shower ... I called and did not put any problem, I obviously did not say anything about the cream, and it will not be veryWell, it seems to me that Abbott ethics and morals care about a pepper except for annual benefits ..
>
Finally I called this morning, and great because the girl has not put any problem me, she has told me that they send me another sensor. I don't even have to send them this one that took off and I did not even activate.
The truth is that I showered, the area dries and I passed the towel that the sensor brings and from the first moment I do not grab as it should...quizas has also been able to influence ... I do not have an idea.! What has become clear to me is that I do not put a sensor immediately after the shower..x if perhaps!

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
08/10/2017 12:06 a.m.

Freestyle Libre

The latter did not hit myself well from the beginning and after two days the reader said that I had to put another because I had expired.I have to clarify that I put on tegaderm and at the time of taking it off I was well stuck

Call Abbot and they will send me another without any problem

Nor do I understand what happens to you @Releo I have been with the free since it started and I have only had a few bad sensors and it was because they took off the week approximately

DiabetesForo
08/10/2017 10:02 a.m.

@"Re -re -" may have been the result of chance and the 3 defective sensors have gone to you! If you say that you follow the steps to put the sensor correctly ... I do not understand what can happen ... but by ruling out other options..xq do not tell your endocrin@? I tell you because at least in my consultation the nurse has direct contact with the commercial of the Abbot area, in fact, I "gave" the gluconometro and the first sensor.... the agent was and at the 5 that the nurse hsbia gave us and explained how to put it. I commented, to see if hopefully there are commercial and can quote you so that they see that you put it well andWhat happens at 60 minutes.

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
08/10/2017 11:17 a.m.

Freestyle Libre

Another thing, ask you ... do you buy the lancets of the glucometer bowl?They give them to me in the health center ... but they are very bad and sometimes they do not even click their finger !!I am thinking about buying another ball to click ... because it sticks some beating that leaves my fingers tuned!
On the other hand, apart from the free glycometer, I am thinking of buying another, in case I fall etc ... do you know if there is any way to get another one for free?I say it because with other glucometers that I have tended, I have been facilitated by the free educator .... But having the free ooperative, I doubt they want to give me another ..

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
08/10/2017 11:52 a.m.

Freestyle Libre

@Rake ​​If you use the same glucometer as the free and the same strips you call Abbott and send you glycometer Grátis, they gave me 2 Freestyle Neo, where they get the benefit is in the strips.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/10/2017 2 p.m.

Hurry up with asking for devices because all companies are changing politics and now try to charge them.In health centers they usually leave some nurses, you roll a little and it is easy for you to give you one.Before they asked for the guarantee of the galad team to catch our data, but not even that.

DiabetesForo
08/13/2017 12:56 p.m.

@"sigsauer" @"Juanluisjlpf" and what do I call Abbott and I tell you to send me another, ... with what reason?Why has I broken what I use ...?

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
08/13/2017 5:49 p.m.

Freestyle Libre

I have no experience with Abbott, I can tell you that with Roche the new device comes to your house almost before hanging.They sell strips, if you make 3/4 daily controls you are business, they will not let you escape by a reader.And if that fails, talk to your nurse.

DiabetesForo
08/13/2017 5:55 p.m.

@"Rake" I didn't tell them that I had broken, I told him that I had 1 glucometer at home and needed another glucometer at work and no problem, in 3 days I was at home, as @"Juanluisjlpf"They take out the strips that are used daily.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/14/2017 10:05 a.m.

@"sigsauer" @"Juanluisjlpf" Thank you!I will call Wednesday!

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
08/14/2017 5 p.m.

Freestyle Libre

rake said:
:-?~ X (~ x (

Good!I have placed a sensor a matter of an hour ... I have left it for a while before activating it ... and what has been my surprise, that I have taken off even before starting it ... I will call Abbott tomorrow so thatThey change it to me ... have this ever happened to you?
I hope they change it without problems!because if they are not going to have Raquel for a while ..
I really had no problems with any sensor

Greetings!

It happened to me a few days ago.Call and they changed it to me without problem.When I started using free, it happened to me 2-3 times and on all occasions they changed it to me.That's more than two years ago and until this time I had never failed me.Call and claim.

diegomiquel's profile photo
diegomiquel
08/20/2017 1:38 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde hace 25 años 6,4 Hb1aC

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.