{'en': 'ABBOTT free freestyle problems', 'es': 'Problemas con FreeStyle Libre de Abbott'} Image

ABBOTT free freestyle problems

ReLeo's profile photo   08/04/2017 1:47 p.m.

Hello.I have been using free freestyle 2 for more than a year, they give them to my health center, 6 in 6. So far everyone had gone well, but the last ones that have given me, all of the same lot (KTP005055),They are defective.At first they go well, but everyone ends up doing the same, one night stay 56 tooooda the night, flat line, and then giving 40-50 values ​​below normal.The first two failed at 12 days, but the last one did not reach 24 hours and LibreLink directly told me that the sensor is defective and replaces.However, with Diabox it continues to work, and calibrate it (with 3 measurements) it can continue to be used.Of course, it is seen that the sensor is not able to read values ​​below a certain threshold, for example, with calibrated Diabox does not read values ​​lower than 68, even if it has 30 brand 68, so the alarm of hip does not work.

I communicated it to Abbott and I was surprised by the answer: that for this reason it cannot be replaced, since it is "little margin of error" ... They replaced me the first two because, searching in the history, both gave the typical "error ofEscane, reinstate in 15 minutes "on occasion.

Carlos1979's profile photo
Carlos1979
05/26/2023 8:23 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I was also working for a defective sensor with the diabox but I began to worry that the diabox readings were not correct and replaced the sensor for a new one

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
05/26/2023 1:05 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Hello good!!My son does not normally have problems with the sensors, except a few days ago, which fell two in a row.The fight that my son has is that for a few months about 5 months or so, he loses the constantly Freestyle 2 signal, at first he had an android and has changed to iPhone and loses it even more, we comment with people and it does not happen to them,Or it once happens ... now it has not been alarm or hyper for 3 weeks. Calls about and tell him to do things and supposedly everything is right, but they don't give him a solution, someone happens to him that he constantly losesThe signal of loss of notifications?

Memedt1's profile photo
Memedt1
08/08/2023 6:27 p.m.

Carlos1979 said:
Hello.I have been using free freestyle 2 for more than a year, they give them to my health center, 6 in 6. So far everyone had gone well, but the last ones that have given me, all of the same lot (KTP005055),They are defective.At first they go well, but everyone ends up doing the same, one night stay 56 tooooda the night, flat line, and then giving 40-50 values ​​below normal.The first two failed at 12 days, but the last one did not reach 24 hours and LibreLink directly told me that the sensor is defective and replaces.However, with Diabox it continues to work, and calibrate it (with 3 measurements) it can continue to be used.Of course, it is seen that the sensor is not able to read values ​​below a certain threshold, for example, with calibrated Diabox does not read values ​​lower than 68, even if it has 30 brand 68, so the alarm of hip does not work.

I communicated it to Abbott and I was surprised by the answer: that for this reason it cannot be replaced, since it is "little margin of error" ... They replaced me the first two because, searching in the history, both gave the typical "error ofscan, reinstate in 15 minutes "on occasion.

Carlos1979 said:

I communicated it to Abbott and I was surprised by the answer: that for this reason it cannot be replaced, since it is "little margin of error" ... They replaced me the first two because, searching in the history, both gave the typical "error ofscan, reinstate in 15 minutes "on occasion.

Good, exactly the same thing has happened to me with a game

javiertierno's profile photo
javiertierno
08/09/2023 10:47 p.m.

Good I will comment for those who fail the sensor, I have put five sensors, three have failed me and Abbot have replied it, because none of the three has been the fault of the sensors, the fault was mine when not for one thingIt has been on the other, curiously, the first one came to the fourteen days without problems, from that one that put an adhesive tape and I do not hit well, I wanted to change it and I brought the sensor with it, the second hit him a blow against himA door, and the third when putting it with the transparent fils I wantedSport by bicycle because I am constantly monitored, now I have the fifth and for the moment eight days of use and without problems, I hope to meet the fourteen days will be a good signal that I encourage and try to improve the installation technique

Algameca's profile photo
Algameca
08/13/2023 11:15 a.m.

algameca said:
good I will comment for those who fail something the sensor, I take five sensors, three have failed me and abbot have replaced me, because none of the three has been the faultOf the sensors, it was my fault when not for one thing has been for another, curiously the first one reached the fourteen days without problems, from that one that put an adhesive tape and is not hit well, I wanted to change it and II brought with her the sensor, the second hit her against a door, and the third when putting it with the transparent fils I wanted to rectify the fils and brought my sensor with him, so for now if it is not for my clumsiness the sensors goVery good and I am happy, especially when it comes to sport by bicycle because I am constantly monitored, now I have the fifth and for the moment eight days of use and without problems, I hope to meet the fourteen days will be a good signal so I encourage andTry to improve the installation technique

Thanks for the contribution but to me, the truth, of those who are failing me lately none has been for bad installation technique, since I carry them, none has fallen by accident or I have taken it ahead

javiertierno's profile photo
javiertierno
08/13/2023 11:45 a.m.

algameca said:
good I will comment for those who fail something the sensor, I take five sensors, three have failed me and abbot have replaced me, because none of the three has been the faultOf the sensors, it was my fault when not for one thing has been for another, curiously the first one reached the fourteen days without problems, from that one that put an adhesive tape and is not hit well, I wanted to change it and II brought with her the sensor, the second hit her against a door, and the third when putting it with the transparent fils I wanted to rectify the fils and brought my sensor with him, so for now if it is not for my clumsiness the sensors goVery good and I am happy, especially when it comes to sport by bicycle because I am constantly monitored, now I have the fifth and for the moment eight days of use and without problems, I hope to meet the fourteen days will be a good signal so I encourage andTry to improve the installation technique

Hi @algameca, I have a problem and it is that it is a long way why the patches or tapes that I put do not last for 14 days, to be able to change the tape without bringing my sensor I have found these protectors that the truth works very well.

BaradDurr's profile photo
BaradDurr
08/13/2023 1 p.m.

DM2 mal diagnosticada en 2017, realmente LADA diagnosticada en Enero de 2023.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Here in Mexico there are only freestyle 1, there are not 2 or 3. The 2 has Bluetooth, the 3 no idea.The 1 - which only has NFC, that they sell it everywhere (Sanborns, MercadoLibre, Amazon, Costco) but the social security government does not give it to anyone, you have to pay each one in their pocket, so youAn economic issue returns.

I have used only 5 sensors to date so far this year and it has helped me a lot.

By the way, a week ago I studied blood (in laboratory) and gave me 114 on an empty stomach.In the Diabox app he gave me 115 and in the Abbott's free app gave me 125.

In my case and with the sensors here on this side of the puddle, the Diabox always gives readings closer to blood readings (capillaries with strips) and the ABBOT app always gives me 10 more points, at least with the sensors thanI have used.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
08/20/2023 5:15 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

baraddur said:
algameca said:
good I will comment for which the sensor fails something, I have been put in five sensors, three have failed me and abbot meThey have replaced it, because none of the three has been the fault of the sensors, the fault has been mine when not for one thing has been for another, curiously the first reached the fourteen days without problems, from that one that I putAn adhesive tape and I do not hit well, I wantedSo for now if it is not for my clumsiness the sensors are going very well and I am happy, especially when it comes to bike sports because I am constantly monitored, now I have the fifth and for the moment eight days of use and without problems, I hope to meet the fourteen days will be a good signal that I encourage and try to improve the installation technique

Hi @algameca, I have a problem and it is that it is a long way why the patches or tapes that I put do not last for 14 days, to be able to change the tape without bringing my sensor I have found these protectors that the truth works very well.

Good idea!Where do you buy them?In Amazon?

Llopmesquer's profile photo
Llopmesquer
08/21/2023 11:58 a.m.

llopmesquer said:
baraddur said:
algameca said:
algameca said:
good I will comment for which the sensor fails, the sensor fails,I take five sensors, three have failed me and Abbot have replaced me, because none of the three has been the fault of the sensors, it was my fault when not for one thing has been for another, curiously the first one came to theI fourteen days without problems, from that one that put an adhesive tape and is not hit well, I wanted to change it and I brought the sensor with it, the second hit him against a door, and the third when putting it with the FilsTransparent I wanted to rectify the FILS and I brought the sensor with him, so for now if it is not for my clumsiness the sensors are going very well and I am happy, especially when doing sports by bicycle because I am constantly monitored, now I have beenThe fifth and for the moment eight days of use and without problems, I hope to meet the fourteen days will be a good signal so I encourage and try to improve the installation technique

Good idea!Where do you buy them?In Amazon?

Hello good...

Buy them here and the truth is that they are great.

BaradDurr's profile photo
BaradDurr
08/21/2023 1:46 p.m.

DM2 mal diagnosticada en 2017, realmente LADA diagnosticada en Enero de 2023.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Perfect!Thank you so much!I will try it!

Llopmesquer's profile photo
Llopmesquer
08/21/2023 5:08 p.m.

Hello, I have been with the freestyle sensors for almost two years and last summer the whole summer failed me, I believed that for the heat.This spring began to fail me, about 6 or 7 in a row, I did everything correctly and I got in a message of "sensor error" or "replace sensor."In May I changed from Android to Apple (I make the readings with the mobile) and I have not had problems again.With this I do not mean that you necessarily buy an iPhone but I think the problem is in the Android app and this should take note of Abbott.
There are other threads in which the problem has already been exposed and there are people who use other applications for reading and monitoring.

ana80's profile photo
ana80
08/27/2023 11:28 a.m.

DM 1 desde noviembre de 2021
43 años
Freestyle 2
Abasaglar + Novorapid

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.