{'en': 'A new drug could cure type 1 diabetes', 'es': 'Un nuevo fármaco podría curar la diabetes tipo 1'} Image

A new drug could cure type 1 diabetes

fer's profile photo   12/02/2016 6:51 p.m.

Well, call me ignorant, Xara, but I still think the same, as a mother I need to have hope, I can't, nor do I wantI need to have hope in a possible cure, in a better treatment ..... just like I have hope that one day the cure of cancer will arrive, because I don't want my daughter to suffer what we have suffered with my mother ....And so with a lot of diseases.And I am more than aware of all the interests behind all disease.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
02/20/2017 4:56 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

I agree with you Rocío

FANAFREZZA's profile photo
FANAFREZZA
02/20/2017 6:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Exact there is nothing more bleak and terrible than not having hope.

"I lost all hope that you enter!" "It was shown at the door of Dante's hell.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
02/20/2017 6:30 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Many chronic diseases are cured, as hepatitis C ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/20/2017 10:38 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I do not hope that science will cure diabetes, but I have faith in which there will be better means and financed to control it and have a better quality of life.An artificial pancreas, for example, to do all the control we do now in a "manual" way;That would allow us to make normal life without always measuring, eating, correcting, etc.
Beta cell generation will arrive, but as long as the antibodies that attack them are not controlled, we will not achieve much for diabetes mellitus 1.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/21/2017 1:06 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

As @"Rociollinares" I wait for a cure for my son, I need to think that there will be a cure even though I have read you and I know that a lot of time has been hearing the cure.I need it because I need hope for him.And but a cure a more easy life as @"ruthbia" says.If about 20 years there were hardly mobile phones because we are not going to improve in this, because there will be no more means and better to have a much better quality of life ...:

Enma's profile photo
Enma
02/21/2017 1:37 p.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

ha ha ha.News from these are struggled.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
02/22/2017 6:12 p.m.

We must not lose hope and truth is that the quality of life of the diabetic is getting better, but I agree with Xara, as long as another solution is profitable, there will be no cure.
I always have been hearing the same thing: in ten years there will be a priest ... but at the moment nothing.

enriquec's profile photo
enriquec
02/22/2017 7:07 p.m.

Today is the worst moment of the rest of our life with this scourge.The priest will arrive, and if I do not live to see her sure I live to improve my life every day, and if there are days that I think it is not worth after 22 years, I look at my daughters and happen to me immediately.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/23/2017 4:13 p.m.

Less bad.I see, finally I am not the only one in the forum that this news is not believed by possible priests.
In 37 years I have not seen the cure and I do not think I can see it and you can spend a few years cheating yourself but then wake up and realize what there is.
Whoever wants to continue so if I know that it is not the fashion current in this forum.
It seems that you have to comment otherwise because it is well seen now and many have three days counted on diabetes.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
02/28/2017 5:56 p.m.

We do not expect the cure of the disease, we are likely not to see it, but we do believe in a functional cure, that is, you can make normal life without thinking about the disease, either with encapsulated beta cells or with intelligent insulin or withWhatever, this would not be enough?, if they managedI'm very sure, the total cure is not known but we don't think about that now

FANAFREZZA's profile photo
FANAFREZZA
02/28/2017 6:24 p.m.

@Ajd here each one thinks what it seems to him that for that is a forum, and we do not need anyone to give us the diabetic card for seniority.By the way, I am 42 years old, 22 with this shit, and I am not a better diabetic than anyone.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/28/2017 6:43 p.m.

The problem I have seen in my 22 years too, is that most diabetics are very depressive on this issue and that does not help fight to advance faster.And although it is surely not their intention, this type of "passive" patients is great for pharmacists and their business.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
02/28/2017 7:06 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

sherpa41 said:
The problem I have seen in my 22 years too, is that most diabetics are very depressive in this issue and that does not help fight to advance faster.And although it is surely not their intention, this type of "passive" patients is great for pharmaceuticals and their business.
I am not passive ill or those bullshit.I do everything possible to take care of myself, but I have not seen any significant progress in all these years that I dare to think otherwise.With me they had no qualms about fooling me and I was also a child, who was three years old when they diagnosed me, and what is it true that here, in the forum you cannot think otherwise that the one that the forum has and is demonstrated in how you haveJobsidated all at the same time for which the same does not think so that they do not take away the illusion.Quiet that time is in charge and that has given me the experience.
Good afternoon.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
03/01/2017 3:32 p.m.

ajd said:
I am not passive ill or those bullshit.I do everything possible to take care of myself, but I have not seen any significant progress in all these years that I dare to think otherwise.With me they had no qualms about fooling me and I was also a child, who was three years old when they diagnosed me, and what is it true that here, in the forum you cannot think otherwise that the one that the forum has and is demonstrated in how you haveJobsidated all at the same time for which the same does not think so that they do not take away the illusion.Quiet that time is in charge and that has given me the experience.
Good afternoon.

Liabilities as an active counterposition in the fight for medical improvements, other diseases have very active groups that follow researchers and help them press politicians and government agencies to advance the investigation faster.

Among the diabetics there are hardly any of that.Among those who say they are superfelices with diabetes and make blogs and manifestos that seem to want to demonstrate that nothing is needed because you live superb with diabetes.

And those who say that there will never be a cure or anything (most of the diabetics that I have met) and that therefore it is not worth investigating anything, nor fighting for anything, you have all the reason in which we take it raw.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/01/2017 4:47 p.m.

@"Sherpa41" I give you all the reason, if we do nothing, nothing will change.As long as they have calmaditos with these pseudo -tracts it will not improve anything.What could we do?I ask him honestly, I want to do something, but I do not know what to do and how.I contacted in his day with the Association of Diabetics of Catalonia for the issue of continuous meters and did not get anything at all

FernandoGR's profile photo
FernandoGR
03/04/2017 5:30 p.m.

If I also remember my first visit to the Diabetics Association of Catalonia where they had posters from Elly Lilly that said "insulin is the best friend of the diabetic" with that it was quite clear who really subsidized them.

A couple of years ago, when I told them about the cheap strips of Codefree they told me that I would not talk about it, that they sold those of official pharmaceuticals that were worth 5 times more expensive and did not want to know anything about strips that were not of those pharmacists.

And many things could be done to accelerate endless investigations in animals and spend faster to humans.But for them to do so, I think it would be essentialAnd what limits you to have this disease.

As @fanafrezza says in this same thread and does not surprise me that your message has 9 likes.

My son was diagnosed 11 months ago, but we have realized that people in general are not aware of what it is to be a type 1 diabetic, therefore they think that taking care of themselves a little and not eating sugar we are super happy,
No, we know no and I think that if people knew what this really is, they would have cured it ,.Not in dreams 11 months ago I could imagine that a child clicks 5 times of insulin and many other or more of blood glucose and sometimes the glucose does what happens to the p ......, go shit withSorry is this

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/04/2017 6:17 p.m.

Let's see, I do not understand you sincerely, what is the difference between a healthy person and another with type 1 diabetes, who puts insulin, because often problems, there are people who take medications daily, this well -careful disease does not kill anyone, I understand thatThe novel people are "afraid", but do not be scared, you can do what you like is the guy, yesterday, I learned that Nacho Defense of Real Madrid is D of Dabitic 1 since I was 12 years old and there it is, in one of one ofThe biggest teams in the world and the, is great.
Regarding the drug, do not fool yourself, ID counting as many times as you read or listen to this news.
Come go to all and keep throwing.

xara's profile photo
xara
03/05/2017 3:32 p.m.

@Sherpa41 you are right
I thought when I watched a television program that at the beginning towards one SamantPeople would have known what diabetes is but the chain managers did not occur to them.Look I leave an idea in case you do it.
Although without insulin, well without her but that they had experienced what a hypo is.(I am becoming bad)

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
03/05/2017 9:20 p.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

@"Xara" please, do not compare me to a football player of one of the teams with the most money in the world, Nacho will have at his disposal a team of 20 doctors among endocrine, cardiologists, physiotherapists etc, etc. Each time he goes totrain or play and the best materials and technological improvements in the world;Do not compare it to the thousands of 20 -year -old kids with type 1 diabetes that are going to do sports on their own for not having hypoglycemia or bad milk because they have hyperglycemia and with the only help of a capillary glucometer andThe goodwill of his teammates ...

What for him is a whore for the rest of mortals is a great whore .. !!!

I don't know if you have diabetes, about "what a problem" I prefer to refrain from answering ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/05/2017 10:53 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.