{'en': 'Overwhelmed', 'es': 'Agobiado con esta enfermedad'} Image

Overwhelmed

Gset's profile photo   05/11/2017 3:01 a.m.

Good morning @"ctomasc", welcome to the forum.42 years are many years!You will have many experiences to share.Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
05/23/2017 10:56 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Hi Gset, it is the first time I write in the forum and I have been encouraged to do so because your comment has reached me to the bottom.
I am sixty years old and I have type 1 diabetes mellitus since the age of ten.
In all this time I have had thousands of experiences related to the disease and the person I am today is a product, among other things, of that relationship that I had to establish since I was a child with it.
When I started my mother, they told him that it would not go from forty years unless a cure was found to the disease, and here I am.
My first compliment was told by an ophthalmologist, like at the age of twelve, who went to school to a routine test and when I told him it was a diabetic, with a pity face he told me: "What a shame with the beautiful eyes you have", I didn't know why I said it and I didn't stop until it was because it was because I could be blind.I have not been blind, I have a very lifting start of retinopathy in one eye, stabilized for more than ten years without any treatment.So I am here.
When I had the rule and in my adolescence I was told that I could not have children, that was in those prehistoric times where they did not become self -control and injected me with swine with glass syringes.When I became pregnant with my first child, the header made the shout in the sky for "irresponsible" and little less that urged me to abort so as not to bring another diabetic to the world.I had two children who are now 35 and 33, healthy, without diabetes, intelligent and horny like them alone.So here I am and here they are.
In short, a non -anecdotes and events that have constantly influenced my life.But do you know something I learned?I wanted to live above all, with diabetes or as it was and I planted all the bad omen that were false, I did not believe it.Because what does anyone know about each of us and what we are, of our capacities, our resources, our will and determination?They have no fucking idea, nor will they have it.Against all forecast I have survived and lived.I am much more than the disease so I have to observe it, discover it, know it and if helping is needed to get ahead because it seems, it only seems, that it can always ask for professional help.Most of our processes are mental, because this disease is much more bearable when we are mentally safe and calm, we stop falling into the circle of obsession, anxiety and depression.It is in the mind where we can radically change our way of dealing with the disease.And with diabetes we do what we can, not everything is in our hands, there will always be a part that escapes our control and with that we cannot do anything, just accept it.
There was a moment in my life that I started the practice of yoga and meditation, and this has made me stay very stable in recent years, mentally and physical.
This roll that I have started, is a minimal part of my experience throughout 50 years of illness and going through vicissitudes of all kinds: affective, labor and spiritual, but that is already another story.
You have a lifetime ahead, but if you compare yourself with others and instead of living on a day -to -day basis, you live imagining a horrible future, you will live a hell.I decided to live and live the best I could with what I had, and I feel that my life is a blessing with or without diabetes, with better or worse days, with lights or shadows.
Look before, as a young man, I had conflicts with my endocrine, with doctors, with those idiocy that people tell us that they don't know anything about us or our history.
Now my endocrine, in the last review he told me "is that you are a very powerful woman" ... and I stayed that I am actually and that possibly diabetes has had something to do with it.
A hug ofheart

uma's profile photo
uma
05/28/2017 2:37 p.m.

DM1 desde 1967-
Tresiba 12 - Novorapid: 4-6-2 última Hemo: 5,9
FreeStyle Libre 2 desde noviembre 2020

"Nunca dejes que el futuro te perturbe. Lo enfrentarás, con las mismas armas de la razón con las que hoy enfrentas el presente." Marco Aurelio.
"Un gramo de práctica vale más que una tonelada de teoría" Swami Vishnudevananda

Apapel19 said:
greetings to all in the forum.
I want to share with you what many consider the discovery of the century and that is revolutionizing the treatment of immune diseases such as diabetes achieving unprecedented results diabetes if it has a cure and is in ourselves Link

Diabetes has the same cure, as did your intellectual coefficient.That link that you have put it to your family and friends, which will surely have understanding towards you.I would like to know if this miracle also serves to deflate the Bemolea part that causes me people like you.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/01/2017 5:45 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

:)) :))

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/02/2017 2:57 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

uma said:
Hi Gset, is the first time I write in the forum and I have encouraged to do it because your comment has reached me to the background.
In all this time I have had thousands of experiences related to the disease and the person I am today is a product, among other things, of that relationship that I had to establish since I was a child with it.
When I started my mother, they told him that it would not go from forty years unless a cure was found to the disease, and here I am.
My first compliment was told by an ophthalmologist, like at the age of twelve, who went to school to a routine test and when I told him it was a diabetic, with a pity face he told me: "What a shame with the beautiful eyes you have", I didn't know why I said it and I didn't stop until it was because it was because I could be blind.I have not been blind, I have a very lifting start of retinopathy in one eye, stabilized for more than ten years without any treatment.So I am here.
When I had the rule and in my adolescence I was told that I could not have children, that was in those prehistoric times where they did not become self -control and injected me with swine with glass syringes.When I became pregnant with my first child, the header made the shout in the sky for "irresponsible" and little less that urged me to abort so as not to bring another diabetic to the world.I had two children who are now 35 and 33, healthy, without diabetes, intelligent and horny like them alone.So here I am and here they are.
In short, a non -anecdotes and events that have constantly influenced my life.But do you know something I learned?I wanted to live above all, with diabetes or as it was and I planted all the bad omen that were false, I did not believe it.Because what does anyone know about each of us and what we are, of our capacities, our resources, our will and determination?They have no fucking idea, nor will they have it.Against all forecast I have survived and lived.I am much more than the disease so I have to observe it, discover it, know it and if helping is needed to get ahead because it seems, it only seems, that it can always ask for professional help.Most of our processes are mental, because this disease is much more bearable when we are mentally safe and calm, we stop falling into the circle of obsession, anxiety and depression.It is in the mind where we can radically change our way of dealing with the disease.And with diabetes we do what we can, not everything is in our hands, there will always be a part that escapes our control and with that we cannot do anything, just accept it.
There was a moment in my life that I started the practice of yoga and meditation, and this has made me stay very stable in recent years, mentally and physical.
This roll that I have started, is a minimal part of my experience throughout 50 years of illness and going through vicissitudes of all kinds: affective, labor and spiritual, but that is already another story.
You have a lifetime ahead, but if you compare yourself with others and instead of living on a day -to -day basis, you live imagining a horrible future, you will live a hell.I decided to live and live the best I could with what I had, and I feel that my life is a blessing with or without diabetes, with better or worse days, with lights or shadows.
Look before, as a young man, I had conflicts with my endocrine, with doctors, with those idiocy that people tell us that they don't know anything about us or our history.
Now my endocrine, in the last review he told me "is that you are a very powerful woman" ... and I stayed thinking that I am effectively and that possibly the diabetes has hadSomething to do with it.
A hug from heart

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience!In the end I got excited!A hug!!

mrastra's profile photo
mrastra
08/06/2017 4:56 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Gset! We all go through difficult times; but do not discourage you, the health personnel that attend you can help you a lot, I, thanks to them I carry my illness much better and from every time I go down my gyrhed which makes me feel better the lastI had it at 6'8, yours is also great, therefore

rafaelcaballero's profile photo
rafaelcaballero
10/15/2017 8:31 p.m.

@"uma", the only thing I can do before you is to applaud you.Seeing your story gives me energy to continue fighting for a wonderful life for my little girl

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
10/16/2017 10:02 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

For @uma
A hug from heart too

Today I seem that I am being able to get out of a dark tunnel where my future looks all black.
To the point that a participant of this forum reveals my state and surely overcome my negative state.
He gave me encouragement to write to him why he considers as a hardship partner who would be easy to understand my state.
Now I see that reading your experience also randomly motivates me to have more hope, although things remain the same in my life.
It will be that due to my personality I must read those experiences that are very positive and credible because they are based on results in view, from your 60 years.
You would have had bad times, but what counts is the positive thing you have.
If I start reading experiences where the complaint and desazon are what is told, it seems that a part of my likes to read it and increase the shame towards me.
Nothing more comfortable and that surely leads to self -fulfilling prophecy.
The other is more laborious, because you have to fight against it.
This requires intelligence, will and some luck, such as having read your comment.
I will have to avoid reading or choosing negative comments, as well as dealing with people who suck you good energy
I will have your article hand to reread it and modify my behavior, likely to mimic myself with the negative.
In my life I read a lot of positive things but also absorb many news, not only local, but the international with conflicts everywhere and that arrive from any point by the network.
I would not want to live in an ignorant cloud of everything is excessive what is in my country.
I was happy when I stopped reading newspapers and watch TV for 2 years ago 15
Being strong and doing the same, no more cable or internet
Or for the network to find an algorithm that leakes the reading and eliminates those with many words referring to negative things.
I will begin with this forum by discarding the own and others' comments when you glimpse a content that can make me fall into hopelessness.
And pray followed
Thanks for your comment

mario69's profile photo
mario69
10/17/2017 8:53 p.m.

Diabetes 2, pero insulinorequiriente, con resistencia a la insulina y pancreas agotado.
HbA1c: dic '16: 12,8; mar '17: 10,9
Fallece mi madre oct '17
Ida a Paraguay feb '18
HbA1c: oct '18: 8,7; ene '19: 6,5; abr '19: 6,2 abr '19: 6,5; jun '19: 7,5; set '19: ???
Detemir 26 7:30 y 20 19:30
Aspartica 4 antes desay y mer y 5 antes alm y cena.
200 a 250gr de HC diarios, 80gr Prot y 80gr Grasa. Segun actividad.
71 años 88kg 1,72.

@ "Dalu" and @ "Mario69" To face this disease, from my point of view, courage is necessary, which means "throw your heart ahead".The human heart has an immense and unknown power, and in my case I have seen that the life that alive arises in the way I see the world and I see myself, the rest is a matter of technique and constant learning.The events come and go and are not controllable almost ever, but the way I am sorry and alive depends on me.
"Courage or courage is a human virtue, which can be defined as the willpower that a person can possess to carry out an action despite the impediments. Courage is the ability to overcome these impediments and probably persevere withthe action that was intended to perform. "(Wikipedia).
So always, without hurry but without pause.We are all together in this, and thanks to initiatives such as this forum we can share, which is very appreciated, especially for those who come from the prehistory of diabetes.
A big hug from the heart.:-*

uma's profile photo
uma
10/18/2017 9:55 a.m.

DM1 desde 1967-

"Nunca dejes que el futuro te perturbe. Lo enfrentarás, con las mismas armas de la razón con las que hoy enfrentas el presente." Marco Aurelio.
"Un gramo de práctica vale más que una tonelada de teoría" Swami Vishnudevananda

Hello:
@uma, your story is very moving;I applaud you, but ...
And there must be a but;Is not very little fast insulin (Novorapid) the one you use in one day (especially during dinner; two units !!! or during lunch; only 4 units)?
In my particular case, with 28 years of DM1 and being very thin (BMI between 18 and 19), I am needing about 41 units in one day.Nor is it that it has a mega-super good hemoglobin (6.5%), but it is not so bad either.
It seems as if this were the necessary dose for a 10 -year -old boy and on honeymoon.
I know that each one is a world, but this is a bit weird (needing so little insulin in a person with type 1 diabetes from childhood and an age of 60 years today).

Call me weird or badly, but I didn't just believe it.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
10/18/2017 12:42 p.m.

mamarvazq said:
hello:
@uma, your story is very moving;I applaud you, but ...
And there must be a but;Is not very little fast insulin (Novorapid) the one you use in one day (especially during dinner; two units !!! or during lunch; only 4 units)?
In my particular case, with 28 years of DM1 and being very thin (BMI between 18 and 19), I am needing about 41 units in one day.Nor is it that it has a mega-super good hemoglobin (6.5%), but it is not so bad either.
It seems as if this were the necessary dose for a 10 -year -old boy and on honeymoon.
I know that each one is a world, but this is a bit weird (needing so little insulin in a person with type 1 diabetes from childhood and an age of 60 years today).

Call me weird or bad-thought, but I didn't just believe it.

Hoa @Mamarvaz, because I don't know the truth.It may be weird but I have never had the opportunity to compare and if it is true that my endocrine says that I do not know the luck I have.Apparently my diabetes is very stable, if that exists, so she says.I have never put on the amounts that you wear, only when I was pregnant that put me 200 NPH units twice, 35 years ago. But now for the rations I eat and my ratio, it is sufficient insulin.The nights that I go for an hour in a row I don't even put quickly.I ingest less rations than I would ingest as a young man, what did make me more insulin and there I have been really inflexible because I do not want to eat anymore, my goals are achieved, my weight is normal and the other TB variables.It is true that as of strict diet for comfort and because at this point the food matters to me a cucumber.I am of Spartan life, I do not know if for diabetes or because my whole family is like that.In the end I could not explain it.In lying I have no interest because what can I win or lose if I do?
I have given my testimony without more, and since this is not an act of faith, each one is free to believe it or not.Alright.As each body and each diabetic forum are said, it is a world, and this is what has touched me.
A hug

uma's profile photo
uma
10/18/2017 1:15 p.m.

DM1 desde 1967-

200 insulin units 35 years ago = 5 milliliters (at that time insulin was a concentration of 40UI/ml).
What syringe did you use?

mamarvazq
10/18/2017 1:27 p.m.

Isn't it that you really have MODY diabetes (family heritage) but they have told you that you have type 1 diabetes because you started during your childhood and also, at that time (50 years ago) this category of diabetes was not known?

mamarvazq
10/18/2017 1:33 p.m.

I used glass syringes, I think they were morphine, some little ones with metal needles, remove and put.He kept the syringe in a kind of boat with alcohol, airtight closing that had some small departments for several needles and thus could vary until he played everything and start over.Totality and injected it, left the needle hanging and so until the dose is completed.It is what there was.With my second child I already started with the plastic syringes, the finite, but at first I did not give them the SS and since the pasta did not reach us, I could not always use them until they were dispensed by the SS.
As for Diabetes Modly, I don't know.From the first day of the diagnosis they already put me insulin.The disease began with the classic symptoms after a very large infection that I had in one hand and it was very fast.In the analytics it was detected with a blood glucose of about 300, my mother recalls, because of course, I have no idea.Already the day they put me insulin I felt revived, because the only thing I remember is that I could not with my soul, at night I got up to urinate seven or more times and in a very short time I stayed in my bones, I couldn'tEating how dry his mouth.That is why I was never afraid to click, since that day I associated insulin to feel good compared to how requemal I was.So the diagnosis was from the beginning children's diabetes that it was as they called it in my time.But I think my diabetes is of autoimmune origin, both because of the appearance after an infection, and because I have other autoimmune processes in the latent phase, antibodies.Anyway after so many years the thing seems that it has no discussion for my doctors.
Curious, all this has reminded me of such a distant times since another person was lived by them ...

uma's profile photo
uma
10/18/2017 10:41 p.m.

DM1 desde 1967-

Well, it seems typical type 1.You will get little fast because you eat few hydrates, right?
When did you debut, did they put you on hydrates diet?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/18/2017 11:57 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

uma said:
Hi Gset, is the first time I write in the forum and I have encouraged to do it because your comment has reached me to the background.
Now my endocrine, in the last review he told me "is that you are a very powerful woman" ... and I stayed thinking that I am effectively and that possibly the diabetes has hadSomething to do with it.
A hug from heart

Beautiful.Thank you very much for sharing your experience.

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
10/19/2017 1:59 a.m.

@"Uma" What a history, you are a fighter.You are an example for those who still have many years with this disease.Those who have been diagnosed in the times of the Bolis are sometimes not aware of how complicated it was all a few years ago.I have never used syringe although my sister when she started but they were already plastic and there were glucometers.
Sometimes I think about it and I realize that despite everything we are very lucky because now we have many advances that make us more comfortable life.A few years ago when they diagnosed you it was all very complicated and rudimentary.And a few years before it was even worse, there was not even treatment for type 1. my great -grandfather died of very young diabetes because of that type 1 diabetes was a death sentence.
Today we have the option of living and doing anything we want despite diabetes and that is something we should value as positive.We cannot let diabetes take away the desire to do things and enjoy life because with current treatments we can do it, although sometimes we have to strive more than the rest.
Hopefully all after 50 years with diabetes we can have those desire to live and that positive attitude towards life because it is certainly the most important thing to face a chronic disease that does not give you free days.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
10/19/2017 9:48 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

I feel so identified with @uma that it would be to rewrite its beautiful and correct lines explaining our "sweet adventures of antho" !!D Diabtcs Q We have more d 56ans d dbts !!Actually, when we comment on our path and some may not imagine that it can be so and put it in doubt or see the insulin quantity a bit weird, I can assure you that it is a simple system that, after so many years and experienced thousandsD Changes to achieve an acceptable glycemic level, we reach the conclusion that those amounts with a very attentive care in food, can be achieved!For my part, I use the storage only 16u more novorapid 5u, so I spend the whole day and to dinner plus/less 18h, only novorapid 4u;I make a salludable way and I never go to restaurant, (if I accompany my flia, I do it in my house, before leaving)
I understand that it is a way of life that instilled at the beginning the doctors of antanWe continue !!!My glycosilee gave: 6 Therefore ........... I am very happy and as we take it like this !!!I hope and surely the "new" are decided to apply similar and appreciate the good RSULTADO!
A strong and sweet hug D ani>: D <

ani's profile photo
ani
10/19/2017 7:45 p.m.

regina said:
Well, it seems typical type 1.You will get little fast because you eat few hydrates, right?
When did you debut, did they put you on hydrates diet?

@Regina Yes, in my time they put you strict, heavy and measured diet.At that time I had a diet of 2500 calories until I reached the normal weight because it had been skeletal and always ate the same, varying between types of vegetables, fruit, meat without fat and fish, boiled potato and legumes cooked with vegetables.For being a girl I took quite dairy.Cooked all boiled or grilled.Like DM2 diets.Keep in mind that glycemia could not be measured more than once a month when they did the analysis in the hospital.The exercise always at the same time and the same time.Now calculating by eye I can measure with a more-less error two grams the bread rations, for example.When the history of the portions arrived I already had been weighing food for a long time.Surely "Ani" could also talk about this.
From my 30 years the number of calories were lowering, also due to my professional activity, quite sedentary.With menopause they went down again, especially at my request because I was beginning to gain some weight, and now I have a low carbohydrate diet, in total 9 portions a day, except two days in a week that I take legume and go up to11, adapting the quick clear.We have designed this diet between my educator, my endocrine and me, adapting it to my physical and social circumstances and I find myself with sufficient and controlled energy.Really if I compare with other women in my environment as much more than them, who eat as little birds so as not to gain weight and conviction, all yogis hahahaha.This today, later it will be seen, because here, as you know very well, you have to adjust and change with some frequency.By the way, I have the immense luck that the greases give me disgust, I do not support red meat, nor sausages, nor the processed food, nor the pastries, all healthy and ecological.On the other hand, the diet simplifies my life, I have little free time, the truth is that almost nothing, to buy and cook, so I ask online and cook as easy as I can, that is, steam, iron and raw andwalking !!!!!I suppose that after so many years I am conditioned as the elephant of the story.
Well thanks for allowing me to tell all this that is serving me as therapy, since I had never shared it with anyone.
A big hug

uma's profile photo
uma
10/19/2017 7:51 p.m.

DM1 desde 1967-

ani said:
I feel so identified with @uma that it would be to rewrite its beautiful and correct lines explaining our "sweet adventures d antano" !!D Diabtcs Q We have more d 56ans d dbts !!Actually, when we comment on our path and some may not imagine that it can be so and put it in doubt or see the insulin quantity a bit weird, I can assure you that it is a simple system that, after so many years and experienced thousandsD Changes to achieve an acceptable glycemic level, we reach the conclusion that those amounts with a very attentive care in food, can be achieved!For my part, I use the storage only 16u more novorapid 5u, so I spend the whole day and to dinner plus/less 18h, only novorapid 4u;I make a salludable way and I never go to restaurant, (if I accompany my flia, I do it in my house, before leaving)
I understand that it is a way of life that instilled at the beginning the doctors of antanWe continue !!!My glycosilee gave: 6 Therefore ........... I am very happy and as we take it like this !!!I hope and surely the "new" are decided to apply similar and appreciate the good RSULTADO!
A strong and sweet hug D Ani & Gt ;: D<

@"Ani" How right you are, is that in the end we become addicted to being well and in the simplest and most comfortable way possible.A survivor survivor hug.

uma's profile photo
uma
10/19/2017 7:56 p.m.

DM1 desde 1967-

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.