{'en': 'Overwhelmed', 'es': 'Agobiado con esta enfermedad'} Image

Overwhelmed

Gset's profile photo   05/11/2017 3:01 a.m.

Good to all.

I am 23 years old, diabetic since I was 9 years old.I am very overwhelmed with this disease.I am starting to notice bad things in my body as a result of the disease.The HG is usually around 7, it is not at all evil.The controls, some up or down, but in general well.

But I notice things in my body.Headaches, tired view, palpitations, sexual problems, the psychological part (see how people do normal life and you always have to carry the machine to measure sugar and insulins ... see that there is no end, thatIt is for life ...).

I am quite embajado, sometimes I spend the nights crying seeing how physically deteriorated, and seeing the lifestyle that this disease entails.

I don't know if there is someone who can advise me something, or I don't know, I don't really know what my goal is in this forum.

Thank you all.

Gset's profile photo
Gset
05/11/2017 3:01 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the club of the other face of this disease because although it is an immunological disease it is also equal or to a greater extent.

When the head does not go well, it affects everything else (what you say about the symptoms you have is part of the examples), those moods are more frequent than usual in this disease perhaps because there is no second, minute, time or dayDo not keep it in mind, that you do not have to allocate thought in it, it is a cross on our shoulders that despite having to weigh relatively alike, the reality is that it is not so and once it seems to weigh 3 times more.

I would like to tell you that doing this or the other would be solved, but it is not so, I would only be lying to you.The pure truth that is misfortune is eternal for the rest of our life and that today there is nothing palpable or punishable that says otherwise or suggests a short or long term change.

We are a very small percentage (type 1), in relation to type 2, it may be wrong in this very personal opinion, but in my opinion all these new insulins and others develop and do for type 2, the ads ofPrevention is for type 2, controlling obesity, food and exercise, only by affected platforms children's diabetes is known, but adolescence diabetes and adults nothing.

Maybe I talked from the resignation of seeing how little that is progressing in quality efficacy and effectiveness in type 1 diabetes and in those who, unfortunately we suffer from it.

Finally give yourself to continue fighting and this in response to you asks what you do in this forum I will give you a single answer: "Know that there are many more people like you, with your same concerns, concerns and doubts, where to find comfort, opinionAnd advice to find support and offer it "greetings

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/11/2017 10:23 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

@"Gset".Good day.Your diabetes control is very good, your problem seems to be tiredness and expectations.These feelings are shared with many people.This disease is very p **** and everyone lives them according to their circumstances.To me, it does not overwhelm me so much, but of course, the gift came to me at age 46, I mean that I had already lived more than half (the best half) of my life expectancy.Many moods Gset, cries everything you want ... but not at 3 in the morning.Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
05/11/2017 10:55 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

I think that diabetes is producing an anxiety with associated depression.
Those symptoms that you comment, I also had them when my daughter debuted. I went to the psychiatrist, and put me an antidepressant treatment that helped me a lot.
If you have that hemoglobin, you can be calm, but eat the doctor how you feel, do not let the depression take over.
Welcome to the forum!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/11/2017 4:01 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Here another one that occasionally has lows like you and like everyoneAnd you compare yourself with the life of the "normal" people or with the one you carried before having this heavy companion.
They are times, sometimes better other worse so I encourage what happens and when you want to disagree, talk or whatever you want there are a few to listen to and comfort you

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/11/2017 4:12 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@"Gset", everything you express, the burden, fatigue, be burned, all those feelings that sound so much to us are accumulating and as @"gala" there are worse times in which everything weighs more, to theAfter all, this, like everything chronic, is a war of wear.Above all you do not feel alone, support and vent, here and in the people who love you, emotional support is basic.For the rest you do it very well and your control is good, the symptomatology that you describe (headache, palpitations) often accompanies anxiety, and in a kind of fish that bite the tail, the being aware of those alterations issource in turn more anxiety.While you continue with good control and all periodic reviews (background, analytics etc.) are most likely that the complications do not appear or that if they appear as soon as they give their face they can get hand and stop them as well as possible.Much encouragement and a hug, as far as possible try to disconnect and rest, maintain a high level of anxiety can with anyone and it is the worst of the worst.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
05/11/2017 5:44 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Thank you very much for your messages, the truth that I have felt wrapped talking to people in my same situation.Today I have a little more forces.
I will start collaborating in this forum, to help who needs it and share experiences.
Thanks really @"luvi" @"solararia" @"regina" @"gala" @"ainhoa"

Gset's profile photo
Gset
05/11/2017 10:53 p.m.

hello,..
It is normal as you feel, as most of them put here, almost all of us have those feelings.But the important thing, is not falling, looking forward and the most important "live", has it touched us but is there worst right?Take care of ourselves, check but very important, not let this disease take away the desire to do things and "live" kisses

marnie's profile photo
marnie
05/11/2017 11:04 p.m.

@"Gset" This disease is that ... a disease.There are better day, there are worse days.

Do not let you seize your head and feelings.You are very young with a future ahead.
In this forum there are very old people who have not had any sequel to be diabetic, and you with HG of 7 are one of them.
Surely everything you have told us has a psychological origin.Dare man and if you need a professional, go to him.You will see how everything will be better.We are not stone ... Sometimes we have to recognize that we need extra help to move on.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/12/2017 3:13 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I understand you perfectly.A year ago I began to feel exactly like that, and apart I felt a lot of anger for having this "injustice" disease, and I felt alone because around me, no matter how much they tell them, they have no idea what it is.There were times in which I also wanted to cry, without strength.Today I am fine, comfortable with myself and giving a few laps to diabetes.They are times and I think it is normal to feel like this (and we have the right to feel like that).I even believe that it is sometimes necessary, to vent.And little by little, following your life and transforming your thought to a more positive one, you learn to relativize.And as they have said, if you see that you need professional help, do not hesitate to ask for it.

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
05/12/2017 5:29 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Let's see, tired view, headaches ... they don't have to be diabetes problem directly.Before having diabetes I have had headaches and it was for the view and sight I have lost a little (enough to not need glasses but to hurt me) after being with computer, mobile, studying oppositions ... weirdHe is the opponent who does not end glasses as I ended, flickering less, dries his eye, he looks tired ... and the rest of things (sexual problems for example) can also be derived from a psychological problem because you are not right.You carry good controls but you feel that your body deteriorates, I do not think it is the cause of diabetes but of the overwhelming that you have, stress, which also produces other added problems.You are very young and there are many type 1 diabetics that make their lives, we all have problems in addition to diabetes, stress or other health, all.There is no one who is 100% always, so it is a shame that you let diabetes affect you so much and associate everything that can happen to you.It is a roll to have to load with the glucometer, the insulins ... but if you think about that as a problem instead of thinking that it is something that helps you have a higher quality of life, as you have told you, you have to learn toRelativize things because otherwise you will spend your life bitter for everything, it is normal that there are moments of wanting to send everything to shit, but in the end, it is better to relativize and continue with your life than to be bitter and lose many other things thatIn normal conditions you could do.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
05/16/2017 9:24 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

luvi said:
welcome to the club of the other face of this disease because although it is an immune disease it is also equal or to a greater extent.
Finally give yourself to continue fighting and this in response to you asks what you do in this forum I will give you a single answer: "Know that there are many more people like you, with your same concerns, concerns and doubts, where to find comfort, opinionand advice to find support and offer it "greetings

I am 100% agree with @"luvi" my fight with type 1 diabetes is more in the psychological sphere than physical, it is very hard to question everything you do based on how the body will react, either with a climb orGlucose drop, because the dose of insulin, etc ... is a psychological torture that we have to cope with the best possible way.

That is why it is so important that we can talk about it free, express what we feel, the experiences that we have happened, ask other people who are in the same situation, help what we can, in short, to support each other, andThat it is very difficult for someone who does not pass through this experience, comes to really understand it, that is the fundamental reason that the forum keeps in progress, because it is useful for this support between us, many mood @gset, that you are not just!!!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
05/16/2017 9:44 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Ah! And I almost forget, let me share the link again to the myth that I think we better explain how we feel with diabetes, here it goes!

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
05/16/2017 9:46 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@fer, I recently read a study in which they calculated that a person with diabetes makes between 50 and 100 decisions a day related to their diabetes (how much I wear, that I am going to eat, where I am going to go, what am I going to do,With how much intensity, how many rations this has, how much I hope to see if I have traced) and thus continuously in an endless loop.The psychological pressure is tremendous.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
05/16/2017 10:47 a.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

I totally agree with everyone, it is a very large psychological backpack that how many more years are they going more and can overwhelm and can overwhelm a lot, that is clear.- From time to time it is necessarywith a professional like those who put the associations at our disposal.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/16/2017 11:06 a.m.

Ainhoa ​​serves as a starting point for what I want to tell you.I started with 30 years and I have 28, throw the accounts.Reading the comments of this thread, I could not do better.In all this time, imagine.I agree that the pressure or better the mental fatigue that causes you to make all those decisions that you speak, daily, every hour almost, it is the worst.Desperateness spreads more and more often, when you realize that the main problem, even saving great complications with acceptable control, is physical deterioration.

You think that treatment, based on insulin "chute" is not adequate.You consider it archaic when you understand how this is going.It would be necessary to put an insulin continuously in our body, and do it based on our glucose figures.What I am saying!I am asking for a pancreas or at least a gadget to do these functions.And I wonder, many times, what do you expect to get this gadget at once, we will call it "artificial pancreas."We improve if they get new insulins, but we continue to administer them to "Chutazos".
That every year that passes you more.That you feel with fewer strength and encouragement to continue.That you realize that despite such care and sacrifice we will never live up to a "non -diabetic".
There are studies that quantify everything.I would like to know how many years of life this disease takes away, in the best assumptions: that a serious complication at the circulatory level does not take us ahead.It is obvious that this continuous concern has a price in terms of health
Enfin, sorry for the roll.They are the reflections of a quite tired fifty of this.

All the best.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
05/16/2017 5:43 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

GSET encourages those who suffer from it are the same, to a greater or lesser extent you can not go into the burden of what this disease entails but as a friend told me on one occasion you have to try to live in the best possible way, that if you areYou can, that does not mean that there will be better days and other worse, the important thing is to take it the best controlled you can.
As for the stress and anxiety problems what they have said in the forum, it must be taken into account that you can have diabetes and live, or have diabetes and above stress problems, anxiety etc. That is a decision of yours.
cheerlead

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/16/2017 8:52 p.m.

gset said:
good to all.

I am 23 years old, diabetic since I was 9 years old.I am very overwhelmed with this disease.I am starting to notice bad things in my body as a result of the disease.The HG is usually around 7, it is not at all evil.The controls, some up or down, but in general well.

But I notice things in my body.Headaches, tired view, palpitations, sexual problems, the psychological part (see how people do normal life and you always have to carry the machine to measure sugar and insulins ... see that there is no end, thatIt is for life ...).

I am quite embajado, sometimes I spend the nights crying seeing how physically deteriorated, and seeing the lifestyle that this disease entails.

I don't know if there is someone who can advise me something, or I don't know, I don't really know what my goal is in this forum.

Thank you all.

gset encourage those who suffer from it are the same, to a greater or lesser extent you can not get into the overwhelm of what this disease entails but as a friend told me on one occasion on one occasion on one occasionYou have to try to live in the best possible way, that if you can, that does not mean that there will be better days and other worse, the important thing is to take it the best controlled you can.
As for the stress and anxiety problems what they have said in the forum, it must be taken into account that you can have diabetes and live, or have diabetes and above stress problems, anxiety etc. That is a decision of yours.
encourage and forward

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
05/22/2017 11:51 a.m.

Hi, I'm Yaiza and unfortunately I carry with my diabetes 32 A and I have lived everything and it happened to me.I understand that you are overwhelmed and anxious to me has tried to lead my life in another way and do not consider yourself different from others try to do everything that others do and exercise to me helps me.You have a good control I am at 7 and I have 30 without complications and if one day it comes to me because I will face it and give me go down one day yes and another TB but I try to live with them.I encourage that life is very short and you still have a lot to live and me tb

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
05/22/2017 11:56 a.m.

Good to all !!!
I am Type I diabetic and almost 42 years ago of my debut ... At first I did not realize what it was, since I had my parents helping me in everything, little by little, when making me older there were many days that I was supernegative since my mind told me ... "It is that everything happens to me !!!"I understand your mood @"gset" I have had many high and low in these 42 years ... So encourage and move on !!!

ctomasc's profile photo
ctomasc
05/22/2017 1:46 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.