{'en': 'Diabetes and vital optimism', 'es': 'Diabetes y optimismo vital'} Image

Diabetes and vital optimism

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/24/2017 8:41 p.m.

= D>, how well you explain @"sigsauer" :);)

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/27/2017 4:47 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"SIGSAUER" If you review the comments you will see that not only do you recommend that you eat the donut but it tells you that she prefers ice cream, apart from affirming that two ounces of chocolate are eaten daily because that's what insulin is for, thatOn the one hand, on the other, of course it is greatBeing little responsible and @"Anaisabel" say that if a non -diabetic reads it, I may understand how I have told you but that if a diabetic reads it that understands and controls its disease, no.It seems very little supportive for your part since, I suppose you will have noticed, that here many newly diagnosed people enter that has no pajolera idea of ​​anything, but nothing hears, you continue with your challenge of "good" advice and advice and advice andWith your "good" control that surely goes from pearls;)

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/28/2017 9:30 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

The first thing I have not recommended that a donuts be ordered, I have ordered it;) and the second I do not give advice I have expressed what I think and I will continue to do it because I know that I do not do badly to anyone: \ ">.
Each interprets the words as they want and of course it is also valid :)

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/28/2017 10:09 a.m.

Hello.I have not read you for a long time (two months ago I work from Monday to Sunday).I was diagnosed on December 28 of last year (type I).Today I remain in honeymoon.I put only slow insulin before dinner.I do not feel less diabetic for getting only slow but I try to extend this situation as much as possible (if it is in my hand) because I feel a little more "free" (very in quotes, because having to control in detail what it is like as it isFar from helping me free).I have tried to face the disease with a positive attitude, I have fought daily to get it as well as possible but the truth is that I am worse.Yesterday I entered the supermarket and found myself in front of the Christmas nougat.It gives me ashamed to recognize it, but it was the drop that filled the glass.Christmas was the only moment of the year in which it allowed me to give me the pleasure of eating, for example, "both nougat and I felt."Of the rest of meals/dinners that are made at that time I did not abuse anything ... The truth is that, until before diagnosis, I have never been a person who enjoyed a lot eating (except for the sweets).I approached and took several boxes to read the carbohydrates ... No comments.
It has been almost a year since my diagnosis.I knew this would be hard, but I expected to learn to cope with it better and better and ... it has not been so.Maybe it's excess work and stress that I am living that make me more vulnerable to deal with the disease, I don't know.I am sad, disappointed, demotivated.Over the years I have learned to be a more optimistic person, I even told myhands.I am writing to you and my eyes are filled with tears.I have managed to leave on the sidelines all those ideas that were around my head about possible future complications, I told myself that it was absurd to overwhelm myself for something that I do not even know if it will happen or when it can happen but ... it is still hard.I don't know if it happened to you, but I have enough anxiety.I suppose it is a consequence of carrying such a strict regime, of not being able to happen to me anything in the quantities and to see that I get up with 115/120 when I did before with 80 or 90. I do not know when I am hungry ...If I never have it or if I have it 24 hours.
The only time I have for me is the afternoon-night on Fridays, two or three hours in which I take the opportunity to go for a walk and chop something with my partner and, however it is that time, in the end, the simple fact ofI cannot take a dessert (because I would happen to my 5 portions to which I am entitled, or because I have no idea how many damn carbohydrates there are in chocolate brownie) I am bitter.
I have discovered that the black chocolate magnun (I love black chosolate), "only" have 2 rations of carbohydrates.I have them at home and on Saturdays I "give" a dessert (I don't know if it's excessive or not ... but I think at least I calm anxiety a little).
I know that each of you has the best that this daily struggle can.Some with more "success" than others.I am sorry to share so unpleasant sensations with you.

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
10/28/2017 11:16 a.m.

@Amelie, now only slowly, you are very tied.But if they make you fast, you can eat that brownie on Friday.
And nougat at Christmas,. It has hydrates and insulin.
There is why add unnecessary anxiety for food.
I don't know about abusing, just normalize life as much as possible.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/28/2017 12:52 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@amelie, now only slowly, you are very tied.But if they make you fast, you can eat that brownie on Friday.
And nougat at Christmas,. It has hydrates and insulin.
There is why add unnecessary anxiety for food.
I don't know about abusing, just to normalize life as much as possible.

Thank you.

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
10/28/2017 1:56 p.m.

regina said:
I think that eating a sweet from time to time or causing, controlling the dose, helps to be better psychically and removes the anxiety and frustration of not being able to eat them.In the end everything is normalized and you do not have the feeling of feeding with prohibitions.That helps.

Totally according to what you say @"regina"
On Sunday without going any further, I had a bad day, for several stories, and I had anxiety ... I bought a chocolate palm, which I divided into 3 pieces, and I only took one.I click 4 units of fast, and the glucose did not go up because I obviously know my body and the units I have to put.

Logically I will not be daily, or continuously eating sweets ... but occasionally or when the body asks for it, controlling the amount and dose, I think it helps us to be better psychologically and control anxiety, in my opinion.

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
10/31/2017 12:12 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992, con 9 añitos; Tresiba 10, Apidra en función de HC
Freestyle Libre

Of course, sugar does not contain any essential amino acid, with eating hydrates of very slow absorption type legumes or according to what fruits we have left.Refined flours, bread, rice, potatoes, let's not fool ourselves are fast hydrates that cause peaks in blood glucose levels in addition to being inflammatory, nothing good.Of course, absolutely unnatural processed food.
Lately I have lowered my carbohydrates a lot and replaced by good fats.This has involved lowering the insulin, to lower doses minor failures and I am very happy.That of dinner, not clicking and forgetting of descent or uploads is wonderful ...

david29's profile photo
david29
10/31/2017 1:19 p.m.

Lantús 0-22-0 Novorapid 3-7-0
Hemo 7

@"David29" It happens to me more or less the same.Since as little hydrate I have a hem and very good glucose with little effort.Rarely, I get over 150. I don't have to walk exact rations, such as the amounts that I feel like (it doesn't matter if you eat a little more or less because the difference in amount of hydrate is minimal) and I don't worry much about theBasons because the few I have are soft (we rarely 60).And the total flat nights, just as I go to bed.He has only given me a downturn if I'm still sleeping with active fast and I haven't calculated well.When using little quickly minimizes the possibility of a downturn.I am wrong because I change the sensitivity to insulin on certain days of the month and when I am a few days without doing sports.Those days of change I make some mistake but the rest I am perfect.
I really are delighted eating like this, I give me more freedom, I enjoy more eating and I have better control than before.And once you spend the first days you get the taste and you appreciate the flavors of real food.I no longer give me sweets of sweets, the cravings are from other things such as meat, pickles, fruit ... it is more if one day I try a dessert having dinner out there knows me too sweet.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
10/31/2017 1:41 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@"Amélie" I also keep exclusively with slow insulin but I use the fast at specific moments and nothing happens, for example two days a week as rice and noodles, and I have to get quick to be HC of rapid absorption, orWhen I go to some celebration, or simply that I once give me a whim.In other words, you can normally keep the slow one and use fast for specific moments.But you cannot be with states of anxiety as a result of the food because it will end up spending emotionally, and when to calm your anxiety a piece of nougat does not enough but that you would eat it whole, it is that you already have problems and maybe youIt would be good psychological help.You have to know how to get to a solution solution between physical health and mental health.
@"David29" If you exercise you should not restrict hydrates much or would enter a ketone diet and it seems that there are people who have kidney problems to follow those diets.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
10/31/2017 8:36 p.m.

Hi Runing, I think that many times we confuse "ketosis" with "diabetic ketoacidosis" both very different concepts.In the case of ketosis, our body uses fats as the main fuel by not eating carbohydrates appearing ketonic bodies that are used as a source of energy (they are not dangerous at all because they are used, they do not accumulate).It is what we call otoadaptation.It is what has happened throughout our history, our grandparents resorted to fats as a source of energy by not having carbohydrates.How many times he opened heard my grandmother say "with a chulla (pork fat) we endured all day" and died 90 years ...
Diabetic ketoacidosis that is very dangerous appears for an important insulinic deficit, with very high blood glucose figures, accumulating ketone bodies in blood in a very dangerous way that as we all know can bring bad consequences.
But we are going for my part only to restrict the rapid action hydrates, (bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, cookies and sucrose, except lows that I will logically have to ingest) and I will continue eating the slow action and in the most natural waypossible.

david29's profile photo
david29
10/31/2017 11:43 p.m.

Lantús 0-22-0 Novorapid 3-7-0
Hemo 7

@"Runing50", how is it possible to restrict fast insulin abitual and just use it on the same chances?

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
11/01/2017 12:05 a.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

@"Runing50" It is not so easy to enter cetosis.You have to be eating very little hydrate (it depends on the person but less than 30 or 50gr) and for a few days to enter ketosis.For restricting the food that says @"David29" you will not go into ketosis.I about 50-60gr a day (someday) and do sports and I don't enter Cetosis.

Yessica_A
11/01/2017 12:14 a.m.

@"David29" and @"Yesssica_a" I have not talked about ketosis, but of ketone diet: ketone diet = intake of hydrates equal to or less than 50 gr.newspapers;Low diet in HC = HC intake between 50 and 100 gr daily.The danger is in the diet of less than 50 gr daily, that there are people who make it and can produce renal complications;People who make a low diet in hydrates, obtain the same benefits and are not explained to these complications.

@"Dalu" I maintain a only daily injection of slow insulin doing sports, but also the endocrine passed me the fast to slow units, that is, I get slower and in return I do not wear quickly.I gradually started first eliminating the rapid of dinner and uploading more than slow p.Example and so on with the rest of the meals letting several months pass between changes so that the body is getting used.Additionally, the daily intake of hydrates practically keep it the same.While in periods that I do not do sports (injuries, trips, etc.) I have to make low diet in HC to keep me with a puncture only slowly.But that does not imply that I get quickly when I occasionally need it.Advantages: a lot of stability, a single daily puncture and very rare and mild hypoglycemia, almost non -existent, and the same with the night.Disadvantages: You have to have quite regular meal schedules, and be a bit strict in food, although that less because at a certain time you can use the fast.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
11/01/2017 8:53 a.m.

runing50 said:
@"amélie" I also maintain exclusively with slow insulin but use the fast at specific times and nothing happens, for example two days a week as rice and noodles, andI have to get quick to be HC of rapid absorption, or when I go to some celebration, or simply that I once whip.In other words, you can normally keep the slow one and use fast for specific moments.But you cannot be with states of anxiety as a result of the food because it will end up spending emotionally, and when to calm your anxiety a piece of nougat does not enough but that you would eat it whole, it is that you already have problems and maybe youIt would be good psychological help.You have to know how to get to a solution solution between physical health and mental health.
@"David29" If you exercise you should not restrict hydrates much or would enter a ketone diet and it seems that there are people who have kidney problems to follow those diets.
>

Thank you @"Runing50". During Christmas the dinners are more copious.I did not repeat or "happen" with fish, meat or seafood because I don't like almost anything.Yes repeated the dessert.I have always been very sweet (I referred to that of being able to "abuse").Anyway, it is true that I have anxiety.I hope things at work do not take to return to normal and maybe that also helps me to manage everything better.There are days when I accept this backpack that has had to carry and others in which I find it much more difficult.Saturday was one of those days.I was frankly wrong.I thank you very much for the time you have taken to advise me.Thanks again.
I do not seem a bad idea to get quickly only timely as you do.The truth is that my educator has not proposed it to me.He told me that I am very sensitive to insulin and the day my honeymoon is finished I will have to start 0.5 fast units (for that reason I dare not "self -medicate").I am only worried about one thing: the body would not get used to and would demand more and faster?

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
11/01/2017 10:19 a.m.

@"Runing50" The ketone or ketogenic diet consists of the one that takes the body to a state of ketosis.And there is no unique amount of hydrate for everyone.Each person needs amounts to arrive.It is usually below 50gr but there are people who need to go down to 20 or 30 to maintain ketosis.At the moment you increase the intake of ketosis and is no longer ketogenic diet.It becomes low in hydrates.And each person needs different amounts for this so you can talk about quantities but they are always approaches.
There are many studies on these diets and the renal risk is a bit myth and many times ketogenic diet is confused with protein high and is not the same.Cetogenics is high in fat not in protein and as everything can be done well or badly.Anyway, it is a difficult diet to keep a long time because it is very restrictive, it is usually used by the phytness world in periods of definition for a few weeks but for long term it is difficult to follow it.And it is not a diet to continue without knowing well what is done because it can cause you nutritional deficiencies if it is not well planned.
For a diabetic, of course, it is much better a low hydrates that is less restrictive and allows you to eat more things.Low in hydrates is also a bit relative, each one tells you some amounts and talking in GR does not seem the best because it is not the same someone who needs 3000kcal a day that someone who needs 1800kcal.The 3000 will eat more quantity of everything and still could be low in hydrates.I would talk more than a percentage but good that I think that gives a bit the same.The important thing is to find amounts with which it is easy for you to control glucose and feel comfortable with what you eat.The good thing about these diets from my point of view is that you stop eating prosecuted and other shit.If you put more or less hydrate it happens a little while your glucose is fine.Depending on the sensitivity to insulin and physical activity of each the amounts of food and hydrate can change a lot and continue to be low diet in hydrates.

Yessica_A
11/01/2017 10:58 a.m.

amélie said:
runing50 said:
@"amélie" only one thing worries me: does the body not get used to it and would sue more and faster?

No, calm, and less if you put it occasionally, the process of loss of insulin sensitivity is very slow with current insulins and harms the lack of control in the daily doses than following a daily pattern because the body reactsBetter with them (or similar) daily doses, so endocrine are reluctant when they say "I like what I want, with clicking more insulin is already there", occasionally it is worth and we have all done it, but more continuously to theLong usually brings episodes of insulin intolerance.To get an idea when they diagnosed me 49 years ago I started with 20u daily (above swine insulin) and I am currently in 34u daily toujeo (30u when I put me lantus), as you see the loss of sensitivity, trying to take a daily patternIt is acceptable.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
11/01/2017 6:31 p.m.

runing50 said:
amélie said:
runing50 said:
runing50 said:
@"amélie" only one thing worries me:The body would not get used to and would demand more and faster?

No, calm, and less if you put it occasionally, the process of loss of insulin sensitivity is very slow with current insulins and harms the lack of control in the daily doses than following a daily pattern because the body reactsBetter with them (or similar) daily doses, so endocrine are reluctant when they say "I like what I want, with clicking more insulin is already there", occasionally it is worth and we have all done it, but more continuously to theLong usually brings episodes of insulin intolerance.To get an idea when they diagnosed me 49 years ago I started with 20u daily (above swine insulin) and I am currently in 34u daily toujeo (30u when I put me lantus), as you see the loss of sensitivity, trying to take a daily patternIt is acceptable.

Thank you ;)
Only one more question: yesterday night he had 125 postprandial.Today I got up in 120. I usually get up in 110/105 ... I don't like these figures.I upload slow dose or perhaps the problem is that I should not?(For example, seasoned salad with virgin olive oil that I suppose slows down the absorption of carbohydrates).
Landshoge soil with a little tuna (in olive oil), slices of serrano ham, an apple (= 2 portions) and a skimmed yogurt (= 1 ration).If I am very hungry I add 1 piece of rye bread (1.5 portions).

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
11/04/2017 10:33 a.m.

120 are figures that are very good, you don't have to obsess and a seasoned salad is inside the diet of any diabetic.Anyway, as a general rule, slow insulin do not modify it, it is not like the rapid that you can modify according to the food you make.The slow needs time to adapt to the body.If you are ever at a higher than normal value, although 120 is a good figure, the hydrates diet is a bit, for example instead of taking 1.5 rations of rye bread, take 1 ration alone.I do not modify the slow insulin dose, if I am low as more and if I am high, or do sports to lower it, or resting hydrates.I don't know if you will do some sport, or even simply walk, for example 1 hour a day, it helps a lot and more to those who are alone.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
11/04/2017 6:41 p.m.

I am alone with slow insulin I see it a mystery.I see my son incapable of staying alone with ins.Slow, if you eat half ration sometimes between hours and quickly rises to 200

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
11/04/2017 10:58 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.