{'en': 'Diabetes and vital optimism', 'es': 'Diabetes y optimismo vital'} Image

Diabetes and vital optimism

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/24/2017 8:41 p.m.

I imagine that everyone speaks from their own experience.Mine is that I cannot afford inadequate foods for a diabetic, not even exceptionally trying to metabolize them with extra doses of insulin.
Doing it is an insured lack of control, with the consequent discomfort.

Conclusion: I totally agree with the Nigiri approach.

Thanks Nigiri, for this documentary you indicate.It seems superinteresenant.

Greetings.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
10/26/2017 12:17 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

At all @Sortido I think is very good and that although they are things that to a greater or lesser extent almost everyone knows it, it is worth remembering.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/26/2017 12:37 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@Anaisabel everyone carries their food as they want, it would be more!What the books say does not help me to cope with my illness, to copeTwo ounces of chocolate or either in a soda, it does not fit with what is considered a healthy eating either for a diabetic or for a non -diabetic but we are not intended to convince anyone.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/26/2017 12:42 p.m.

@nigiri the black chocolate did not say it was good ...?:-?

As you say, I think we are all hostages of food and brutal companies and their brutal campaigns on the benefits of a given food, read, wine, beer, chocolate, oatmeal and even olive oil that is supposed toMiraculous properties, I summarize it in a word, money !!!

@nigiri uhmmmm donuts !!The same has not proved one for 3 years, you have already done that I cannot remove it from my head.- :))

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/26/2017 12:54 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

hahahahaha so sorry @"sigsauer"

Regarding the theme of chocolate, it is supposed to have a high cocoa index, more than 70 or 80% cocoa, when I talked about chocolate, I was referring to the typical Milka or Nestle that is mainly all fats and sugars

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/26/2017 12:59 p.m.

@"Nigiri" Thank you for the documentary, I have not seen that in particular, I sign it for when I have a while.I am more to read so documentaries I do not know many.I have seen some of those in Netflix and a couple of them of the thematic night about cholesterol and sugar that are very good.I normally inform myself for books and online and social networks.Now I am very hooked to Instragam where I follow several nutritionists who put stories every very interesting day answering people's questions and promoting real food.Many of them also have websites, books, they collaborate in radio programs.I do some in case someone is interested in Carlos Rios, Aitor Sanchez (Midietacojea), Gabriela Uriarte (Gu_nutrition), Rorto Vidal (Elcoachnutritional), Juan Llorca, Bannedenutrition, dietitian -in -Furecida.

@Anaisabel sugar is not good for the brain or at all.The brain needs a certain amount of glucose but there are many healthy food options (vegetables, fruit, legume ...) that provide that glucose without causing damage that sugar.That an argument that the industry uses to create doubts and that people buy their products.

@sigsauer as @"nigiri" tells you black chocolate is good whenever it is with a high percentage of cocoa (the majority of the one they sell as black is not).To know it you have to look at the ingredients and see that the percentage of cocoa is 70% or more.When more percentage better evidently.I eat it 81% and I have tried some of 90% and if it is of good quality it is very rich.If the poor quality chocolate with those cocoa percentages know very badly.Everyone has a little sugar but if you are only going to eat a throne, it does not reach 5gr in most chocolates so it doesn't matter too much.

I do not want me to be misunderstood, I do not try to tell anyone to eat or not.Each one who eats what he wants.What I do not like is that they continue to give no fundamental arguments to defend food that is known that they are harmful to health.It is that the industry does very well and manages to reach many people, we do not make consumers part of the work.There are very shameful things, the industry plays very dirty buying scientific societies to put their stamp on their products that are pure shit, advertising for children using their favorite drawings characters to buy their shit, etc.And that's how we are.This week I read an article in which I said that in Madrid 40% of children have overweight or obesity and over 80% of parents of those who are overweight do not consider it a problem.It is that we are overweight and that will eventually bring us a lot of generations that will live less and worse than the previous ones and see it a great tragedy.It is that much of these children will be in the future diabetics and is something that could be avoided eating healthy.That is why I believe that any things we can do to try to stop this madness is already something and I will never defend the consumption of certain foods.That although eating them from time to time nothing happens they are still unlink and we should all be aware of them.We all eat them sometimes (I also also have a drink from time to time) but it seems to me to say that nothing happens to do it.Enjoying a sweet from time to time is fine but saying that nothing happens to eat when you feel like it does not do any good to people considering how things are.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
10/26/2017 1:16 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@"Sigsauer", commits the donuts .... I have not been like one.An ice cream I feel more: D

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/26/2017 2:11 p.m.

Fuck how difficult you are putting it !!Today I am going to dream of a donuts 8- |

The truth is that more or less I know that when I do a moderate-high intensity exercise in the next breakfast, food or dinner I can give myself a whim of these even lowering the insulin that touches me, once I hit it but theMost of the time the insulin ratio and as similar because if every time you can afford it for having done it, you get fine, the one that in the long run is the weight and health, cholesterol etc, etc..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/26/2017 3:56 p.m.

Logically @sigsauer, if we all give ourselves whims from time to time but introduce something a priori that is known for sure that it is not healthy because I personally do not find any logical sense, the truth, but an eye that I say it are diabeticOr do not be ... I am one of those who think that the less insulin we inject, the better, but there are many people in this forum that advocates to eat what comes out of the Pepe and putting insulin to Mansalva, it seems like amadness but insist, everyone is each and I am not here to highlight anyone [-x

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/26/2017 4:07 p.m.

Insulin is for what is.It doesn't matter to get much or little.Insulin you have to know how to use it and period.

Anaisabel
10/26/2017 6:30 p.m.

That is not so @"Anaisabel" but as it seems to me that I tell you what I tell you will enter you through a ear and it will come out for the other because I prefer to refrain.All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/26/2017 6:47 p.m.

@"Anaisabel" the same does not give.Not only in diabetics, in non -diabetics with poor diet that need to be every bit releasing insulin to compensate for intake also passes.They end up being insulin resistant and can develop type 2 diabetes and many other problems.In addition, insulin is the fat storage, if there are high levels you do not let the stored fat be used and new is still stored to remove glucose from the blood.

Here explains some of the problems that hyperinsulinemia can cause:

Link

In type 1 you can also develop insulin resistance, which complicates the disease much more, makes you easily gain weight and you can develop other problems such as fatty liver or those commenting on the link.

Yessica_A
10/26/2017 6:48 p.m.

I still think the same.Insulin is for what is.

Anaisabel
10/26/2017 6:50 p.m.

In the end the key is to maintain balance in everything."Mess healthy in corpore healthy."Although I am quite strict, because they taught me when I started, my endocrine for fifty years ago told my parents that it was preferable to take an ice cream to have anxiety, but not as a custom but occasionally.Times and therapies have changed and we must learn what suits us most to maintain our physical and emotional balance.It is part of the daily challenge of our lives.
Now it is much easier to maintain this balance thanks to modern insulinas and blood glucose controls, which did not exist before and drifting.I make a very healthy life, as healthy, very healthy by conviction the same as the exercise and for the mental theme practical yoga and mindfulness.Come on, I want to be immortal-
But what I see is that everyone must learn how to take care of the option you choose and know your body and your reactions as well as possible.For me it has also been very important that when the body gets out of control, without me being able to do anything about it, accept it and not panic or anxiety, and that is where all the therapies that try relaxation etc.because it helps me to return to both internal and external balance before
Long and happy life to all.
A hug

uma's profile photo
uma
10/27/2017 10:38 a.m.

DM1 desde 1967-
Tresiba 12 - Novorapid: 4-6-2 última Hemo: 5,9
FreeStyle Libre 2 desde noviembre 2020

"Nunca dejes que el futuro te perturbe. Lo enfrentarás, con las mismas armas de la razón con las que hoy enfrentas el presente." Marco Aurelio.
"Un gramo de práctica vale más que una tonelada de teoría" Swami Vishnudevananda

@Uma, I love your approach, always from respect and education in addition, which today is something that shines for its absence.It shows that you do mindfulness hehehehe I do too, the problem here is what I usually say on many other occasions and that is that here a lot of different people, with more or less experience, with more or less age, with more or less doubtsAnd according to what things, I think you should be a little care when it comes to saying whether it is good or bad.If this conversation thread reads it, to give an example, a teenager, newly diagnosed, who still renounces a little of his illness, of all this what will make clear, probably, he can eat what he wantsConstantly and forgive me all, but that is not so.That can be done as occasional, of course, but on a daily basis, it is not to wear a good control of diabetes no matter howDonut or an ice cream seems to me that not only does your illness give you exactly the same but it doesn't matter to influence someone who may be reading this.
Greetings and thanks for your UMA contribution :)

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/27/2017 11:01 a.m.

If this reads someone, it does not conclude that you can do and eat what you want.If it is not diabetic, but if it is and you understand your illness, no.
Insulin is to use it properly, you can eat what you want in a controlled way, knowing what you do.

Anaisabel
10/27/2017 11:26 a.m.

@"Nigiri" and give him I hit you with the donut, if I no longer take it from my head !!!: D

The beautiful thing is diversity and different thoughts, if not this would be very boring and there would be no debate, we would not be human, we would be robots ....

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/27/2017 2:03 p.m.

The important thing is to have the controlled, and acceptable levels, no matter what you eat, you can eat salads all day and have high levels (due to ALBA climbs, for rebound effects, etc.) or you can eat everything and exercise, and insulin, have them well

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/27/2017 2:42 p.m.

I think that in addition to having controlled glucose levels it matters quite a lot.But not only in diabetics but throughout the world.Insulin is to use it but that is why it must not be said that you can eat what you want while controlling the insulin doses to have blood glucose well.Sweets and defendants cause many health problems and it does not seem good to me that their consumption is recommended in diabetics or non -diabetics.That for eating them from time to time nothing happens and we all eat them sometime, but say that you can eat anything while you put insulin to compensate it seems to me a mistake.If healthy people usually eat these foods can cause them type 2 diabetes imagine those who are already diabetic the damage that can cause us.
Everyone has our opinion and our way of seeing and carrying the disease and I like to discuss who you think differently because it always gives you another vision of things.But I think that with certain things you have to be careful and recommend to others who eat things that are demonstrated that they are not healthy does not seem very good idea.It is as if I start recommending people smoking because I like to smoke a package every day and it has not caused me any damage.I can do what I want, but something that I know is harmful I can not recommend it to anyone.With things like tobacco we all have quite clear but with food it seems that it doesn't matter one thing.
According to death statistics in the developed world, those heading the list are diseases related to a greater or lesser extent to poor diet and could be prevented in most cases.There goes a list with the 2015 data:

Link

Diabetics we already have more risk of almost all so if we buy more ballots because in the end some touches us.

Yessica_A
10/27/2017 3:16 p.m.

@"Yesssica_a" I think that in this thread nobody has recommended eating anything to anyone.Or I have lost some comment, each one who eats what seems, wants or feels better, each one has their vision of food and way of life and we respect everyone, this is not a sect !!!

And I repeat that if I trust all the campaigns about food or some of the links you send, I would go to live in a cave to the mountain or would not leave home.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/27/2017 4:02 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.