{'en': 'Medtrum S7 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Medtrum S7 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Medtrum S7 - Everything you need to know

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo   12/19/2018 8:50 p.m.

erpla said:
hahahaha that reason is @sigsauer! It gives me perez every time I have to walk cutting up.
@"Niñaburbuja" I am looking forward to your experience, also about the application of mobile, the reports it offers etc.The transmitter size ... thank you very much for all the info!

Erpla, technology helps :) Link Here the sponge for a dexcom with a laser (with this machine many more things are done to "tune" Dexcom).

The Medtrum looks excellent, it is true that the transmitter is a bit brick, I think even more than the already brick G5 and first G4 (the fat version).On the other hand, the duration of the sensors, is about to specify ... in the manual they speak of up to 14 days, which is different from 14 days, at the guarantee level I mean."Until" Dias da Carta Blanca so that it enters or not to guarantee if it fails before.But what has been said, will have to be making a means of duration that is what interests, and if it can be compared with other MCG (the same person) to make numbers, it is perfect.

And speaking of theory, that the practice is something else, but I quote it, the Medtrum sells it as a 9%MRD, which is the same as the G6, which is the same as the G5, which is the same asThe G4 with 505 software.

Shortly that the sensors last (to amortize the price), the cost of the transmitter seems assumed and reasonable, it can be an option of the most interesting, and incidentally, make the competition "land" with its prices (if reallyCheck that it is cheaper ... cheaper is already, but you have to see if it is cheaper and yields well).Because the alternative has a high price but the cost "unofficial" can be reduced a lot, depending on the person, the desire to complicate, etc ... so that in the end the lion is not so fierce as they paint it (they paint it (In many cases, in others, if it is).We will put the calculator in the coming months, and hopefully it can match or improve the G4 (the most economical Dexcom, +- 1 transmitter per year) and the "hacked" G5 ("recycled" transmitter ").At the outset I think it is very easy to leave it out of play, it is not and it was not MCG (except for the one given by the SS, that seeing the Medtrum, and if the cost is similar, they could already let it change it and have an MCGReally, but laboratories play very strong, and also dirty)

Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
12/22/2018 4:45 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

If the thing is that it competes in the price with the Free, it seems difficult to believe but we are many who cannot/we want to pay for a dexcom, hopefully!I with Free and Miao am happy but of course having an alternative is wonderful.The 14 days is true that I thought it was the minimum, not maximum duration we will see how events develop ...
The truth is that I walk around because I don't know what to ask for kings, haha

erpla's profile photo
erpla
12/23/2018 8:58 a.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

@erpla I have made a G5 with changed batteries (3D printer cover) and buying sensors by alternative media, I get cheaper than the free.And most importantly, with an accuracy that Free would like.To me in concrete the free only I make it work with alternative software and not with that of the house.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/23/2018 10:10 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

erpla said:
If the thing is competing in price with the free, it seems difficult to believe but we are many of us who cannot/we want to pay for a dexcom, hopefully!I with Free and Miao am happy but of course having an alternative is wonderful.The 14 days is true that I thought it was the minimum, not maximum duration we will see how events develop ...
The truth is that I walk around because I don't know what to ask for kings, haha ​​

I believe that the difference between an MCG, designed as such, and the free with the "additions" is very important (without addition to a type 1, by operation, it does not interest him, I think).The more elements introduce into a system, the more possibilities of failures and problems of all kinds (they are still "Apaños").An MCG that works, as soon as I get it out of the box, is perfect, and if the price accompanies the results (sensor duration and reliability), I think it will give many joys.

The pity is that the Medtrum does not sell the loose sensors, because to start and try, it is a minimum investment (a 60 euros sensor and 1 60 euros transmitter), and from there you decide.I am very happy that this device has reached our country, hopefully it is well and you begin to take clients of the competition, I have it clear, and Dexcom, seen the paths, economically, that you have taken, too.

Greetings

pabloj2000
12/23/2018 10:52 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Carlos71 said:
@erpla I have got a g5 with changed batteries (3D printer cover) and buying sensors by alternative means, I get cheaper than the free than the free.And most importantly, with an accuracy that Free would like.To me in concrete the free only I make it work with alternative software and not with that of the house.

I think the same, and many more people get the same results ... Dexcom has a high "official" cost, but with a desire and a bit of a morning (and more desire), a little lucky to last acceptable sensors, thanI think most of them get it (never the official durations, so little can be done) it is greatly reduced, becoming cheaper than a free one, being a real MCG and that goes like a clock.

That is why this Medtrum, results, sensor duration and if there is a possibility that they last more (although they last 14 days are not bad, at least in my case, others who take months to some sensor, sure notcompensates them) ... of the transmitter hardware theme, in the absence of gutting and analyzing it -which everything will go -, surely many things can be done (the 3D printer, the CNC machines, lasers, etc ... give a lot of game:)), but given the cost of 60 euros, I don't think it compensates and eliminates a source of possible problems.Let's say you could really have a MCG, for everyone, and without complications or alternative means, that you have to admit it, many people are what they want and need (buy it and use it, nothing more, they do not want to "get back", or eatThe head with configurations, etc.).

Greetings

pabloj2000
12/23/2018 10:59 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

I understand that everyone knows that Medtrum is a Chinese company, that is, it is the almost exact copy of the Dexcom G4 and G5 at a reduced price.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/23/2018 5:37 p.m.

Good competition!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/23/2018 5:45 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

sigsauer said:
I understand that everyone knows that Medtrum is a Chinese company, that is, it is the almost accurate copy of the Dexcom G4 and G5 at a reduced price .-

I did not know for sure, if it seems but I did not want to give anything for granted.Thanks for finishing confirming it, I still had the doubt 😅

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
12/23/2018 6:18 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

Hello!
I just uploaded 2 videos to YouTube so you can see how the first steps have been.Tomorrow I will continue to climb more, especially what you are interested in, but for now I am trying to be meticulous so that everyone can see everything and take a long time.
All the best!
unboxing medtrum s7 : Link
insertion and first steps in the app with the first calibration: Link

NiñaBurbuja
12/23/2018 11:04 p.m.

Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

Thank you for the videos.A priori, it looks very good.Let's see how measurements and duration.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
12/24/2018 2:46 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

I believe that the Mard percentage, measurements, duration, reliability etc is important but as important as that is customer service, website, contact medium etc. For the purchase of the system, information and different problems that we can have with them.-

I also believe that if the system is reliable and improve customer service, they will do a lot of damage to Abbott and Dexcom

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/24/2018 3:31 p.m.

sigsauer said:
are going to do a lot of damage to Abbott and Dexcom

Hopefully, let's see if they force the first to finish the "invention" (they left him halfway, to our misfortune), and force the second to get off the clouds.On customer service, the truth, I do not have the most remote idea (I think it still remains to know if the sensor has to last 14 days, or it is "up to" 14 days), and in the worst case, toThe bad, if I am not mistaken, it is the seller who has to take care (of the guarantee I say).But well, that will be seen, I suppose, in addition the competition seems to make it easy, floating ... (how if these things were free).Greetings

pabloj2000
12/24/2018 6:40 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Well, in the end I have decided to buy it, I intend to compare it with the Free+Miao to see how.I am the typical person with an "bad" interstitial fluid because with the free I can not get it right for more than 1 year, I will tell you.I made the order yesterday, I don't know how long it will take.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
12/25/2018 10:40 a.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

erpla said:
well, because in the end I have decided to buy it, I intend to compare it with the free+miao to see how it.I am the typical person with an "bad" interstitial fluid because with the free I can not get it right for more than 1 year, I will tell you.I made the order yesterday, I don't know how long it will take.

I had never heard bad interstitial fluid, perhaps it is not exactly your interstitial fluid that fails.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/25/2018 11:40 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

jconegar said:
erpla said:
well, because in the end I have decided to buy it, I intend to compare it with the free+miao to see how it is.I am the typical person with an "bad" interstitial fluid because with the free I can not get it right for more than 1 year, I will tell you.I made the order yesterday, I don't know how long it will take.

I had never heard bad interstitial fluid, perhaps it is not exactly your interstitial fluid that fails.

Hahahaha now, what happens is that there are people who always are always going and I always go fatal, I do not think it's just the fault of the device ... I imagine there must be something in each individual that makes the results differ,.... It is like the duration of the Dexcom sensors, it depends on each person, right?

erpla's profile photo
erpla
12/25/2018 9:06 p.m.

erpla said:
jconegar said:
erpla said:
erpla said:
well, because in the end I have decided to buy it,I intend to compare it with the free+miao to see how.I am the typical person with an "bad" interstitial fluid because with the free I can not get it right for more than 1 year, I will tell you.I made the order yesterday, I don't know how long it will take.

Hahahaha now, what happens is that there are people who always are always going and I always go fatal, I do not think it's just the fault of the device ... I imagine there must be something in each individual that makes the results differ,.... It is like the duration of the Dexcom sensors, it depends on each person, not?

No, hahaha you are not different, I assure you, our blood is special but everyone's is the same.

If you use a Dexcom and the calibrations are correct, I assure you that you are already like everyone else.And if you hit your skin with additional adhesives such as Skin Tac and another apartment the duration of it is much higher than you do, why?Well, however, the filament moves less or idea.This is the case of the dexcom G6 that its glue is quite good and endures without any problem the 10 days that give warranty using it in extreme situations (to call it in some way), and you can stretch it "very easily" but if you use that adhesiveIt lasts less than if you use it and it shows and the difference is not little.In Dexcom if you have glycemia peaks the sensor also usually lasts, why?Well, no idea either but it is so.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/25/2018 11:05 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I have already uploaded the video of the first impressions with the Medtrum S7: you can see the video here

NiñaBurbuja
12/26/2018 12:30 p.m.

@"Niñaburbuja" congratulations on the video!A question that occurs to me is that such connectivity, that is, if you are without the mobile near and go to the kitchen for example, lose the signal ..?And if you lose it, you get it easily again ..?Thank you.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/26/2018 1:41 p.m.

Thank you very much @"Niñaburbuja" !!Great video wishing to see the next!A question, is there no way to silence that low glucose alarm?Silence of notifications I imagine that if not?At night with which it is already enough it is not enough to wake up to everyone hehe.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
12/26/2018 2:25 p.m.

sigsauer said:
@"niñaburbuja" congratulations on the video!A question that occurs to me is that such connectivity, that is, if you are without the mobile near and go to the kitchen for example, lose the signal ..?And if you lose it, you get it easily again ..?Thanks .-

In principle you have up to 10 meters to forget about the mobile.

On the other hand, if the app is in the background and has lost the signal easily and alone, without having to do anything.

And since the subject comes out, you don't even think about closing the app, which has already happened to me a few times.I have the habit of closing all the windows ... and of course, it closes and does not work.Always in the background!

NiñaBurbuja
12/26/2018 2:58 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.