{'en': 'Low carbohydrate diets could help people with type 1 diabetes (study)', 'es': 'Dietas bajas en carbohidratos podrían ayudar a personas con diabetes tipo 1 (Estudio)'} Image

Low carbohydrate diets could help people with type 1 diabetes (study)

fer's profile photo   05/09/2018 10:23 a.m.

I also notice that when lunch was everything, hehehe is faded.And at breakfast, because taking 7 rations imagine if it costs, so I look like touching it a little, because every lack of control is distressed.

If one day it takes longer to have breakfast and I go somewhere before, I can have gotten up well, that by the time I measure myself just before breakfast has risen me a lot, without taking anything.

Also when as a puree of vegetables and potato, I think it makes me peak, although then it goes down.I do not know if it will be because being quite liquid it occurs as with the juices, which requires little digestion and then shoots.I'm about to leave them.

Thank you.;) :)

Tyler's profile photo
Tyler
05/25/2018 1:28 a.m.

DM1 desde 2015 | Accu - Chek Aviva Expert | Fiasp + Toujeo

That of climbing if you have breakfast late or not breakfast, it also happens to my daughter.I think the slow thing takes to act and that day it is not covered by the rapid.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/25/2018 2:44 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Tyler is still slow or more fast units?We are supposed to have more insulin resistance, what I do is click faster and 10 minutes before starting breakfast and avoid the beak, I take 6 rations of HC.If without eating anything you start to raise the blood glucose I think you are slow.

All the best

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
05/25/2018 10:24 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Yesssica_a said:
@"luvi" we have very different opinions regarding this topic ( as I have already commented I do not see badly, I do not like to say diet, a reduction of HC, but it is confused to reduce HC with restricting or even suppressing and I think that all good food or hall food must contain HC, and each one who chooses the one who best assimilates, as well as neither preached with eating everything because for that is insulin ) But I am not indoctrinating anyone ( Link ), I just give my opinion and talk about my experience.He has asked a question and I have answered him based on my experience, which is what is done in this forum for everything.But of course when someone is advised about changes in medication without being a doctor, nothing happens but when you do it on food and you don't go in the line of what most thinks. ( happens exactly the same,I would even dare to say that it is shocking that many people try to look for "solution" in bad guidelines or lack of control without justified "causes" asking in the forum before resorting to their endocrine and as an appointment @"sigsauer" even parents of children with diabetes ) Anyway, I am not going to discuss this with you, I am already very tired of having to justify myself ( I do not seek to discuss or with you, or with anyone, I have notI ask you to justify yourself, I have only said that you have to be very careful when advising, whether guidelines, stop eating or that you should eat, because people are very foolish and on many occasions they get carried away by not wanting to knowOf those who because of ignorance for not wanting to know anything about my illness I did not corrected me, I put the injections that paid me and did not get out of there.Descend or restrict HC knows that an insulin adjustment is carried out in proportion and who takes and does it without more or is short when reducing or adjusting insulin being able to cause good hypo ).
If you read my comment you will see that I have told you that I do not advise you to make a cetogenesis diet first because it is very restrictive and difficult to maintain and second because you do not need to lower the hydrates so much to have good controls.But with whom he has put quite well with the typical symptoms of the first days of these diets, so I have commented in case it was his case ( as I usually say all this is older than thepissing and a lifetime for people who wanted to lose weight, because the rule is to consume less hydrates and increase aerobic exercise.that has never done and is told to start running 1 hour to 4.20 the kmAn adaptation and time ( process
I also go to the gym and I see the follies that people and many bodybuilders do in addition to diets also take other substances, the same is why someone dies ( of course, I have not said the opposite, some forpass in the use of insulin ).
I have not put it on good or bad, I comment because there is a huge fear that if you do not eat when the clock tells you, something will happen to you and it makes no sense ( as far asI am fasting, it has nothing to do with eating when the clock tells you, rather it is not to eat anything voluntarily for a period of time and usually at least we are talking about 24 hours, which I see an aberration for anon -diabetic person and a meaningless savage for a diabetic, no matter how much basal insulinsFrom now on, they are not eating for a long time, but let's not forget that even these basal insulins do not prevent hypoglycemia ).Like when I'm hungry and if one day I leave a foodB> I do not agree, you may jump a meal to get high and just correct yourself to have an optimal level but not eat, another thing is that it is indisposition or disease and another in a voluntary way, because no one does 1 makes 1or 2 very copious meals to be 24 h.It is not that I am doing fascinates like this, if I'm hungry like and if I don't have it.What seems like crazy is having to eat without hunger because the clock tells you that it is time to eat.
And I don't read anything on the Internet, tense enough criteria to know what is reliable and what is not.What Leo are scientific studies and blog and books written by doctors, nutritionist or people with sufficient training.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/25/2018 7:39 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

You can review my comments because I think I have never said anything to eliminate hydrates, I have always talked about reducing.If someone understands to eliminate I am not to blame.In a forum you cannot control what people understand what you put.I am not going to stop answering people about these issues because someone understands things wrong or gives them follies.I think that when I have put advice on these things, I have always said that it is necessary to inform yourself well and do it little by little.If then comes an unconscious and decides from one day to stop eating hydrates is my fault?Because I didn't say that at any time.It is that if we follow that rule we do not respond to anyone beyond speaking with your doctor.The same if someone asks here is because your doctor has not given you an answer or a solution.And less about ketosis or low hydrates diets that seem to be a taboo subject and many doctors do not know how to distinguish ketosis of ketoacidosis.

You can understand the fast of fasting.Fasting is not eating whether or not, that is the same.If someone is not hungry in 16 hours daily and does not eat at that time (for example, not breakfast or not dinner) is doing a fast 16/8 even if it is not voluntarily.There are many fasting formats, on the 16/8 daily, 24 hours every certain days, or there are even people who make some longer fasting once a month.From 72 hours it has already been seen that the body begins to have problems, stress hormones are triggered, it begins to consume muscle ... the people who do these things do not do it suddenly, to be several days withoutEating without bothering you need an adaptation.Not eating for 24 hours may seem crazy but it doesn't seem to me whenever you are not hungry.That you are not able to be 24 hours without eating without going hungry does not mean that there are people who can and that it is not annoying or even what the body asks for.When you have the body very adapted to burning fat, you are not hungry very frequently and if you make any stronger food than you can spend 12 hours without having anything like eating and if you spend another 9 or 10 sleeping you are almost almostThe 24 without finding out.It is not something that I do in a regular basis but in cases like the one I have described and I do not seem crazy or not diabetic.The body is perfectly prepared to be without eating many hours without problem.In a diabetic obviously if the glucose goes down, it will have to eat even if you are not hungry but if it remains stable I do not see the problem.It is not something to force voluntarily but I think you have to respect the signs of hunger and satiety that gives you your body.There is much written about the fast of people with many knowledge and academic training if you are interested in knowing more about the subject.There are books and there are also many scientific studies in which health benefits have been seen.If you are interested I can recommend readings or blog on the subject.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
05/25/2018 8:53 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

The rise if it took breakfast clarifies that it happens to me if I have come out and put myself in activity, it is like the body is spending and needing that glucose that you do not give it, hence it goes up (this is my assumption).Being more still does not go up that way.Sometimes I think that on the topic of peaks it is a fast issue, I take many surprises because I find no stable dose, although I have breakfast the same, because there are days that I come from sports the previous afternoon and I am still very sensitive to breakfast, and others that I come from being more still, then then I see that the dose quickly that was worth it, because there would be short.For that, be wearing a routine traced schedules and exercises, but you can't always.

For the rest, I do not want to bother anyone but I think this is reaching an absurd level, I will repeat myself but it was that it was the one who asked the doubt, I am clear that if hydrates are lowered little by little and adjustingInsulin and observing changes, I don't feel like crazy.No one has told me to leave them, we know that without a minimum we cannot live.And I see the endocrine every 700 years and is very stretched and classic in terms of many issues.So I think the forum is to help in these issues and contribute experiences, then each one is responsible for whatever.What is not logical is to see that there are things that fail in terms of control and not worry about trying to improve them.From there, to see and see what makes us better in all aspects.

From there to be an unconscious, take for granted that I have not had tropecient visits and consultations to endocrine and educator and see that they do not get out of the manuals and stay stagnant, there is a stretch and I think it is not well to argue according to what without knowingThe case of each one.

I am very grateful for the help and advice that I have always received from this space of all good faith from everyone and if we cannot contribute to this kind of thing, that they explain to me what this exists.

The same is me the one who does not find out.And if so, I'm sorry, really ... and in the end in these discussions you reach a point that touches the absurd, it is no longer debating, it is to see who has more arguments and "wins" the discussion without getting off thedonkey.Because in hydrates and fast we have opinions of all positions to fart.

Tyler's profile photo
Tyler
05/26/2018 3:08 a.m.

DM1 desde 2015 | Accu - Chek Aviva Expert | Fiasp + Toujeo

tyler said:
otherwise, I do not want to bother anyone but I think this is reaching an absurd level, I will repeat myself but it was that I was the one who asked the doubt, I am clear aboutThat if hydrates are lowered little by little and adjusting insulin and observing changes, I don't feel like crazy.No one has told me to leave them, we know that without a minimum we cannot live.And I see the endocrine every 700 years and is very stretched and classic in terms of many issues.So I think the forum is to help in these issues and contribute experiences, then each one is responsible for whatever.What is not logical is to see that there are things that fail in terms of control and not worry about trying to improve them.From there, to see and see what makes us better in all aspects.

From there to be an unconscious, take for granted that I have not had tropecient visits and consultations to endocrine and educator and see that they do not get out of the manuals and stay stagnant, there is a stretch and I think it is not well to argue according to what without knowingThe case of each one.

I am very grateful for the help and advice that I have always received from this space of all good faith from everyone and if we cannot contribute to this kind of thing, that they explain to me what this exists.

The same is me the one who does not find out.And if so, I'm sorry, really ... and in the end in these discussions you reach a point that touches the absurd, it is no longer debating, it is to see who has more arguments and "wins" the discussion without getting off thedonkey.Because in hydrates and fast we have opinions of all the positions to get fed up.

At no time have I mentioned, nor have I implied that my answers are for your post, much less.In the same way I can assure you that I will not reach any absurd level or intend to be right and hold on to the donkey.Perhaps the title of the news is not successful, such as that of many others in which there is an attractive emphasis of novelty and then they are patrañas.For all it is known that in one way or another the human organism needs HC, eating more or less, one or the other, it already depends on each one.No one has said that you do not answer, nor help .... but if you read comments to restrict or not eat hydrates, I think it is necessary to answer and clarify.Because in fact the first is to say that it is criticized for the mere fact of being different from the "normal", etc ... when it turnsbut they consume the same ones that advise against consuming, it is a bit paradoxical.It's like saying I don't drink alcohol, but once from time to time I drink to the water of the vases.Apart from that then concepts of moderate HC consumption are mixed in relation to daily weight /need /activity, with low hydrates diet +ketone and ketogenic diet (the latter I think that for us are not very effective).For my part I will not say more about it and clarify that I do not seek to be right or similar.I have only wanted to imply that there were things that would have to clarify.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/26/2018 10:07 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

To all my fellow Foros I already love them and if we are sharing this space it is because we want to do things well.I of ketogenic diet do not say or pio because I ignore the subject.And it is very respectable and I hope that from the responsibility everyone does what they want, what I do not understand is why someone voluntarily does not want to eat
(Make fast)? !!Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
05/26/2018 12:43 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

I don't understand how you can burn fat if you have basal insulin in the body.

I agree not to eat if you are not hungry and the glycemic level is good.I can only say that more than 6 hours for the day I cannot be without eating.I fall and hypoglycemia.At night without problems, up to more than 12 hours, normal because I am in a state of consumption of minimum energy.

I would love to be able to make a low diet in hydrates but I am starving when I try and I am not very carnivorous ... Of course as "healthy" but hydrates hydrates

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/28/2018 12:55 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@"Ruthbia" enters the blog lameteouqueva that a pediatrician specializing in obesity and explanation well how insulin works is written.They have some diabetes input too.If you look at the ticket index per month you will see the titles and get an idea.It also has mountain tickets so to look for the best is the index.
It gives very detailed explanations and with schemes.You learn a lot about how the metabolism of different nutrients works.

Yessica_A
05/28/2018 9:29 a.m.

Hello everyone, I am of type 1, debut with 49 years and it is costing me a lot to control myself, I am lost with the HC, I do not know what I should take, they put a diet that my thinking is too much, every month fat more ..I have reached a point that I no longer know how amount of insulin put myself, I have changed the endocrine and it is for worse, today for example I got up with 245 a little high to be in the morning, although between the day II move in those values. I am afraid not to take hydrates because if I do not give me down ... ufff..encima in a short time I have the farewell and wedding of a great friend and I think I am not going. If you can advise meI would appreciate a lot.

AJM's profile photo
AJM
05/28/2018 11:16 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"AJM" If you have recently debuted you have to start by learning to count hydrates and adjust insulin.That is basic before trying to introduce changes in your diet.If you don't know how to make adjustments in your medication you can't change the diet they have given you.
Start weighing things and consulting tables of amounts of hydrate and point everything you eat and the insulin you get and glucose.With all that that the educator or the endocrine is teaching you to make adjustments.And the values ​​you have are very high so they will have to make adjustments the doctor if you don't know yet.
Learning to bring your disease control is a long learning process but it is the only way to carry good control.So patience and encouraged and go slowly learning.Once you have enough knowledge you can go by making adjustments but for the moment you do not make changes, follow the indications of the doctor.

Yessica_A
05/28/2018 12:43 p.m.

@"Ajm" 245 is not a bit high, it is very high, you will have to regulate insulin and learn to count HC depending on the insulin you wear.What treatment are you scheduled?

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/28/2018 12:56 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@Ajm, do you get fast before meals?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/28/2018 1:10 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks for answering me ... the problem is that the HC will not be counted ... how do I?And if I get fast before meals ..desayuno 4-6 ... 12-14 food and 12-14 dinner along with 18 slowly..thanks a hug

AJM's profile photo
AJM
05/28/2018 2:07 p.m.

I have started looking on the Internet and created several doubts on the Internet ... when I am going to buy on the labels I only look at the sugar that contains I had never noticed the HC ... the HC is more important than thewhat sugar does it contain?
How many rations should be taken from HC a day or at each meal?
I hope you can clarify this ... because I feel more and more lost.
I do not buy danones for the sugar who carry and now I discover that if I can take?
Thanks in advance

AJM's profile photo
AJM
05/28/2018 2:36 p.m.

@Ajm you should not take things that carry added sugar, but neither you nor anyone since they are not usually healthy products.I leave you several threads that may interest you and in which you can solve some of these doubts:

Link
Link

On the other hand you should go to diabetological education classes, these usually occur in outpatients or health centers, where are you from?

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/28/2018 5:03 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Nigiri ... Thank you very much for your information, right now enter the link, I'm from Alzira-Valencia... Anyway I will ask at the health center. Thank you I send you a kiss

AJM's profile photo
AJM
05/28/2018 6:15 p.m.

@"Ajm" sugar is the best known HC, that's why we talk about it but HC is much more.
Apart from the labels of the products elaborated you have to take into account the fruits and vegetables, according to which and the amounts you eat have more or less HC.
Try to point out that you eat: product and quantity, and how much fast insulin you use for that meal.The basal insulin you use is also important.
With that we can help you a little but it is important that you have a diabetological education in your center, but in the association of diabetics that you have closer.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/29/2018 7:46 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@"Yesssica_a" yesterday I had an educator to lose weight and I only managed to scold me for not pointing to the free rations and the capillaries.I do few if Free works well (I almost always do to my capillary) and the nurses intend to do one before each meal.
Total that eats more when I exercise, every 30 min (to see how it thinI don't plan it.

The best thing is that my gut mollita (which I have from before being diabetic) according to them is lipodystrophy or as I say because I have the part under my chest ... I laugh at not crying because I have always been like that.
Ah!And most interesting ... women with hips and little waist we have the ideal body for not having cholesterol :))

Total that I stay as I am.I will start taking more protein but I don't like the meat and the eggs little.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/29/2018 7:58 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.