{'en': 'Low carbohydrate diets could help people with type 1 diabetes (study)', 'es': 'Dietas bajas en carbohidratos podrían ayudar a personas con diabetes tipo 1 (Estudio)'} Image

Low carbohydrate diets could help people with type 1 diabetes (study)

fer's profile photo   05/09/2018 10:23 a.m.

@"Regina" I have not found scientific evidence that the protein causes renal damage and also does not increase so much if you do well.The renal damage is a myth that is said because diabetics can have kidney problems but are caused by high glucose, not by protein.In people who have kidney problems, the protein cannot be increased much but nothing happens in healthy people.Of course it is not living based on chuletones as many are thought.The basis of these diets is good vegetables and fats and protein is increased a bit with respect to high diets in hydrates but is not exaggerated.Also protein needs vary greatly from one person to another.Someone who trains strength needs enough protein, a sedentary person will need less.
How everything can be done well or badly, so it is important to get well before.For example, protein as similar to what I ate before.As enough but I train strength several days a week and I climb and hiking.Practically every day I do sports and main force.So my needs are greater than those of someone sedentary.There are studies that say that in athletes who make weights you can reach the 2gr per kg of weight and there is no problem, in professionals they even need it.I am quite below those amounts.What I have increased is fat (olive oil, nuts, avocado, cheese ...).More or less 60% of calories that are from fat.
I believe that to do it well, the protein should be adjusted to the needs of each one and then play with the fat-hydrate according to the rest of the calories.And always based on real food and eliminating the ultraporcedos.How much hydrate is already a personal issue and depends on what each one finds comfortable and sustainable over time and allows him to control the glucose well.But this is a personal opinion based on what I have read and my experience, I am not a nutritionist or anything related.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
05/11/2018 7:03 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

sherpa41 said:
This of the very low diet in carbohydrates for dm1 seems a bit like going to the doctor because your arm hurts when you lift it and that it tells you, "well do not lift it".

Pussy then it is easier to adjust the insulin dose if you do not eat hardly HC.And if you are all day eating only lettuce, surely or live 100 years or you think.And if you die (disgust or whatever) it will still be easier for you to control sugar.

The question believed it was to try to make life as "normal" possible.

/>

begoirina7515's profile photo
begoirina7515
05/13/2018 5:40 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I agree with you, many food restrictions we already have to add additional. Insulins allow us to give a little more play with meals.Fable. I mean that you feed yourself. Fans to fat, either recommended for diabetics or protein atiborras of which it cannot be abused by the renal function, ... and for dessert that we eat?Forgotten Noo fruit? With the amount of sugar you have.

begoirina7515's profile photo
begoirina7515
05/13/2018 5:46 p.m.

A typical day of mine is more or less this:
Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with cured cheese or avocado (I'm varying depending on the day).Black coffee.
Food: eggplant lasagna.It is a lasagna of vegetables with meat and instead of pasta wears eggplants.Instead of Bechamel I put more cheese or make a Colifor Bechamel.Depending on the day I include a natural yogurt or sometimes a small fruit or nothing.
Dinner: Any grilled fish with salad of several lettuce, tuna, onion, asparagus ... (I'm throwing it every day what I feel like or I have home).And for dessert a small fruit with peanut cream.And if I am hungry a little fresh cheese or a little chocolate of 90% cocoa.
Between hours rarely like nothing but if I get hungry like a handful of nuts.
All cooked or allyed with extra virgin olive oil.
To eat outside there is almost always an option to ask for vegetables or first -fold or fish salad.And for dessert or coffee or fruit or natural yogurt or nothing.Nor is it mandatory to eat dessert.That is usually, I for specific occasions such as what I feel like, nothing happens to skip it one day from time to time.

Yessica_A
05/13/2018 6:31 p.m.

Link

This "miracle" diets is bringing a lot of controversy and what is more serious@ will generate serious damage.I do not know where that post departed, but the truth is that it has focused as an option to have good control or normal controls and gly, in the end someone will have a scare.You cannot give so happily advice with only with the slogan of what you read online or because it does well, because there will be those who take it with smoking paper and leads to consequences, that when they affect health, which for me areVery serious.It is like recommending an overweight person and who has never exercised that runs every day 20 km and does not eat HC and will lose weight.When all or the vast majority of medical professionals in nutrition coincide in a balanced diet will be because statistically they are right.It is said that these types of diets were used to formerly control diabetes, that does not mean that it was good and had no serious consequences.The insulins were also of animal origin or to measure the sugar was through a reactive urine strip and with colored stripes.Everyone can do what they want in order to be or better possible, but to make it extensible as something for general application and encourage, encourage and induce to try it, it is something else and more when you do not want to be responsible through "with an each oneadjust it to your convenience. "This is very serious and is the health of more people that can be put at risk by a bad advice or recommended without having academic knowledge or reliable scientific foundations.Without creating controversy, controversy, offense, or media war.All the best

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/13/2018 7:07 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Each chooses the way of life and food mode that he thinks most convenient depending on their thinking, their way of life or their convictions.There are those who enjoy eating and thanks to the fast insulins today you can eat almost everything and there are those who prefer to lead a life, theoretically healthier, with a hypocaloric diet, low in hydrates or vegetarian, and among these almost extreme states there are infinite statesIntermediate, but the important thing is everyone should know how your body reacts to each type of diet and which one is best for you, so that you are comfortable in your day to day.I personally follow a low diet in HC in certain circumstances, such as in situations of low insulin sensitivity, simply because I recover much before and better than injected more insulin, and although I usually take HC of slow absorption (although almost always fruit), that does not mean that you take pasta or rice from time to time.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
05/13/2018 7:19 p.m.

For those who are interested in seeing the full study is here:

Link

Who does not know English, the pediatrician Jorge García-Dihinx makes a very complete analysis of the content in his blog Lameteoquevene.Look for "a better handling of type 1 diabetes with a very low carbohydrate diet".

Yessica_A
05/16/2018 12:13 a.m.

Yesssica_a said:
For those who are interested in seeing the full study is here:

Link

Who does not know English, the pediatrician Jorge García-Dihinx makes a very complete analysis of the content in his blog Lameteoquevene.Look for "a better handling of type 1 diabetes with a very low carbohydrate diet".

Thanks Yesssica_a for the link.

I totally agree that a low -CH diet helps you maintain the most stable glucose levels.Any diabetic can experience it in your body.The probability of hitting the amount of insulin to inject is greater, (including in this the counting, the sensitivity to insulin at that time, the way of injected, etc.) and if there is error, neither the rise nor the descentIt is as strong as when large amounts of CH are ingested.

I have a hard time understanding why people believe that a low d diet is a bad diet.I also apply it to most doctors, I hope this is changing for the good of the people who start and is given wrong information that with diabetes you can eat everything.

To get pregnant and during pregnancy it is highly recommended glycosilades between 4.5 and 6. I could only reach this with a low cho diet where the Russian mountains of glycemia practically disappear.Despite having Flash pump and measurement.It was then that I realized the mistake we made eating so many daily hydrates.

Vita's profile photo
Vita
05/16/2018 12:54 p.m.

If nobody says they are bad, which perhaps a bit excessive is to eliminate things like legumes and fruits from diet, which I feel in my soul, but they have a lot of carbohydrates, and change that for fatty things, notI say it is bad but in the end to perfect one thing we will spoil another ...side ... but it is clear that everything lies in carrying a balance, which seems to me to take many hydrates, is probably very little for others and vice versa.Anyone telling me to eat few hydrates but eat fruits, vegetables and legumes I understand that they are not as few as it says ...

erpla's profile photo
erpla
05/16/2018 1:19 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

@"Vita" totally agree with you.I am also with the subject pregnancy, now I have had to delay it for medical tests but in a few months I will try again and to maintain a hem of less than 6 without almost hypos, restricting hydrates is the only way I have achieved it.I have been between 5.5 and 5.9.With pump the same is easier but with bolis I see it very difficult considering what changes the sensitivity with hormones and more during pregnancy that should be crazy.To me and the ovulation and the rule changed me a barbarity, I do not want to imagine pregnancy with the whole hormone party.
The low hydrates diets comes because of the fear of fats, if you take away, in the end you have to put hydrate or protein and the protein cannot be uploaded much so there is no other.All this comes from a study that was done in the 50s (study of the 7 Keys Ancel countries) in which a relationship between diet fat and cardiovascular diseases were seen.The problem is that Ancel Keys selected only the data of the countries that square with their theory.If you took into account all the data I had there was no relationship.There were countries with high consumption of fats and very low rates of cardiovascular disease.After this, many more serious studies have been published that do not see relationship, there are only with trans fats that are very harmful.Thus the recommendation to reduce fats makes no sense.
I believe that little by little the thing will change as they are updated.In fact, the ADA in its last review already speaks of low -meter diets and says that there is no ideal macronutrient pattern:

(Translator Translator):
"The evidence suggests that several different distributions of macronutrients / feeding patterns can lead to improvements in glycemic risk factors and / or ECV (88). There is no" ideal "conclusive feeding pattern that is expected to benefit allPeople with diabetes (88).The availability of food, the perception of the health of certain foods and preferences, culture, religion, knowledge, health beliefs and access to food and resources (eg, budget / income) of the individual (95), these factorsThey should be considered by individualizing food patterns recommendations. "
Taken from here: Link

So it is already a step, little by little as there is more scientific evidence, it will change.

@"Erpla" I have not completely eliminated fruits and legumes.In the end it is not about eliminating to delete, everything you can't get to avoid it after eating it is removed.I can eat the legumes without leaving my range of 70-120 at any time so I keep them.Do not like them but 1 or 2 times a week.And I include the fruit at night after training that I can put more hydrate without affecting me so much.Of course, like a small or medium piece.And the red fruits have very little sugar so they can also be added normally without rising.I of the people I have seen with these diets each do so in their own way, test and see what to leave and what to eliminate.What does eliminate everyone are very high things in hydrates and that rise rapidly like cereals (which are also 100% expendable).Then there are much more strict people and eliminate more things.Nor is it that it is well defined that Low Carb is and what not.
And the ketone bodies is not true that they are toxic, they are only in excess and that onlyIt happens in the absence of insulin.The body is able to control production perfectly, in fact those who are adapted to this type of diets are absence of urine bodies even if we are in ketosis and are only seen in blood and at normal levels.The body controls those that have to produce for the needs it has, only the first days occur during adaptation.And yet it is not a problem if you have enough insulin and normoglycemia.

Yessica_A
05/16/2018 2:27 p.m.

Well, it seems very good, but when I became pregnant, and I have a hemoglobin of 5.2% without restriction of food, or hypoglycemia, they told me that I should not be more than 4 h without eating carbohydrates and that the bodiesketone are toxic and pass through the placenta, then each one is free to do what they want, as if you want to smoke pure.I say again that if you eat legumes and fruit it seems very healthy but it is not low in carbohydrates.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
05/16/2018 3:49 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

I do not like legumes or cooked vegetables, for now I am eating only protein, raw vegetables and fruit (only strawberries and raspberries at the moment) then as nutos, avocado ... and once a week I put some potatoes that for nowIt does not affect my levels.Nor do I say that I do Low Carb, I only have what does not affect me negatively.

johannez's profile photo
johannez
05/16/2018 4:16 p.m.

@"Erpla" congratulations on the hemo, if you have achieved that hem without declines because great.I already tell you that with Bolis it has been impossible for me to get it without taking certain things, but for those who get it, great.
And about the ketone bodies I do not say that they would not tell you.The majority of doctors confuse ketosis with ketoacidosis and many endocrine or are not clear or do not explain it well and is very different.If you are interested here, it explains it perfectly:

Link entere-cetosis-y-cetoacidosis/

And eating a small apple per day and one day a little legume does not make the diet high in hydrates, it is still low carb.Most of the days I am about 50gr of hydrate, someday and I can reach 70gr the day I put legume.It is still quite low in hydrates.I who, as more than 2000kcal a day, is only 10% of the calories the days of less hydrate and 15% of more hydrate.If you do not consider that in hydrates, I give you the reason, but for me it is.

Yessica_A
05/16/2018 4:29 p.m.

Obviously people have reading comprehension capacity 0, I wouldn't bother me anymore @"Yesssica_a"
At no time no one has said that the lentils and fruit and swell to a bacon have to be eradicated 100%.To good understanding, few words are enough.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/16/2018 10:09 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

That each one eats what he wants and does well.I like fruits, vegetables and legumes.And of protein only the fish is doing well.
When I should not, because I am wrong that day, for example, cheese, apples or meat.Its fat and protein gets great glucose.The apples was a case study between my endo and the nurses.They hallucinated with my results and the 300 peaks, now only as if I do sports

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/17/2018 2:32 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Indeed @nigiri each understands what they want, because we still mix diet low in carbohydrates (30-35 gr per day) with a perfectly normal diet in weight and complexion (60-80 gr per day).

erpla's profile photo
erpla
05/17/2018 10:39 a.m.

@"Ruthbia" happens to me with the fruit, I can only eat it when I am going to do sports but this happens to me for a few years here, when I was younger I ate a lot of fruit and had no problem and I no longer talk to you when I wasLittle ... Everyone feels good, diabetes is not an exact science and much less the human body that each is a world.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/17/2018 12:13 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

If @'' nigiri "I am precisely realizing that as the months go by it costs me more insulin everything and my body metabolizes worse foods that before me were fine.
I have not done the peptide c ... surely it has lowered me.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/17/2018 2:52 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

:)) :)) :)) To your friend I don't know, I could help me ..... Take a dental beauty treatment.> :)> :) Manda belloles with advertising wedges.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/17/2018 8:42 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

The truth is that I see very little effective entering this type of forums, asking for supposed help and in the end put your business, what they want is to never go to that dental clinic, it seems like a hesitation come on.

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
05/17/2018 9:47 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.