{'en': 'Low carbohydrate diets could help people with type 1 diabetes (study)', 'es': 'Dietas bajas en carbohidratos podrían ayudar a personas con diabetes tipo 1 (Estudio)'} Image

Low carbohydrate diets could help people with type 1 diabetes (study)

fer's profile photo   05/09/2018 10:23 a.m.

@"Ruthbia" Well, what a solution, sometimes you have to laugh at not crying.Ask the endocrine to see if it gives you a better solution because planning when you are going to exercise 2 days in advance is crazy.
You can try the force exercises instead of cardio.I did not like it at first but now it is what I do the most and I have liked the pleasure.If you go to a gym the monitors can teach you.I do many with my own weight, the basics: dominated, flexions, squats ... and some machine to complete.It is how muscle mass is gained and that makes you consume more calories and at least it does not affect the glucose.Someday I get up a little but never get off.So I don't have to eat before training.Then I do a little cardio but most are force exercises.And I have noticed much that I have gained strength and I am more defined.
The cholesterol is already to leave laughing, which will have to do one thing with the other.But well I am also from that club, because I have no fat from above and instead when I get a little, it is always hip and ass so perfect cholesterol hahahaha

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
05/29/2018 8:35 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Well, I also have little waist and a lot of ass and I have hypercholesterolemia since I was little so very interesting about your doctor the truth ... I can onlyA couple of people who have lost a lot in the gym doing strength exercises, which does not usually cause you hypoglycemia, and eliminating the fats of the diet, although they eat enough quantity (bread, fruit, vegetables, legume, meat, meat, fish) everythingwithout fat.The truth is that I am talking without knowing why I have never made any restrictive diet but I have seen it ...

erpla's profile photo
erpla
05/29/2018 10:30 a.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Thank you all.
Fats not like for years, alive of vegetables, legumes, fruits, fish, some meat and eggs.My "sin" are some ration of fried potatoes from there when and cookies for breakfast or climbing glycemia.
Of course, I am sedentary ... 10 hours stuck to the computer.
Before being diabetic to diuretic regimes because I retain everything I drink and how ... in 2 months I went down 8kg eating well from all 5 times a day but now it is impossible for me, I then enter hip in hiccups although I lowered basal.

Above according to nurses it is very difficult to control my glycemia because I have the pancreatic reserve and clearly insulin genre, added to the artificial and give me hypos.So there are days that I do sports as a normal person (without eating anything despite being 2 hours or more by bike) and others I stayed in 20 min.

Next month I have endocrine to see if it gives me more lights than their nurses.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/30/2018 7:53 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I fear that then you will have to wait for the pancreatic reserves @"ruthbia" to end, being diabetic can be done perfectly a hypocaloric diet as long as you are very well controlled but the surprise factor of the insulin that you have left can beVery dangerous in this case so my advice is that you wait to finish the honeymoon and if you want to lower a kilo do it but until then continue with the good control you have and girl, to enjoy the life that we have enough already withDiabetes to have to be suffering from having a couple of more kg.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/30/2018 10:15 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Hello, I encourage writing in this post.
After pregnancy I have taken a lot of weight that did not take me off or shots, I have anxiety and little willpower.
I have gone to a nutritionist and has sent me a metabolic diet, you eat everything but it is very low in hydrates.
I started yesterday and the toujeo had lowered it from 35 to 20, it has not gone badly, but it is true that neither at food nor at dinner I have injected mydinner.
Those who do this type of food that insulin guidelines do you carry?Or it is a bit of an eye according to the hydrates you consume.
Thank you!!

Marga_rita's profile photo
Marga_rita
06/02/2018 10:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I put threeiba in the morning, 16 units and the rapid on demand depending on what I will eat.There are days that I use 4 fast units.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
06/03/2018 10:36 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I have not varied it, 26 of Toujeo.I upload it only the days.Quick use less than before and depends on the day, about 13 more or less in total.But I have always needed a lot of insulin.To correct a unit I lower me 50 but then at eating I need about 2 x ration.

Yessica_A
06/03/2018 5:48 p.m.

Very good, I don't know what an age has this conversation and to date I have only read one page.As soon as I have a while I will read the rest.

In my case I am going to release my story here, and I would like to know if you have references of endocrine in Madrid, say related, or tolerant with low cho diets, especially in the southern zone (Carabanchel or surroundings)

We go that I totally agree that each one eats or does with their body whatever you want, that nobody, I think is trying to impose others who eat or stop eating.

I do a few things that I wouldn't have to do and well, compensate taking care of myself in others.

This year, in September, I fulfill 30 years with diabetes, there is nothing, of 45 that I have.I have been with a lousy control, with glycades of up to 15% and a diabetes defined by several endocrine as of very high variability.Insulins that caused me picos of huge ups and downs and huge amounts of CH.

Finally 2 years ago, when I started putting the sensors continuously I began to be much more aware of what was happening in my body before each circumstance, read hormonal ups and downs, meals away from home, house meals, family meals, dessertsHomemade, etc ... and started investigating.

As others have said, you have to live life with diabetes and period, in the best possible way and putting on the balance all the time small sacrifices and small "vices" right?Well, it's my opinion.I read a little run the book of Dr. Bernstein and began to read experiences of people following this diet and it is what is worth it, I care if the study is or not serious, I care if I try and it turns out that IIt is going well ... and now it turns out that although sometimes I do more rice, like 2 cookies to breakfast and some beer ... my gyzed walking the 7 without sacrificing a lot so, yes, it is going well for me... very good.

Now with 1.62 m I stay at 50-52 kg, like what I like, I studied a lot about nutrition and I love it and as very delicious even being low in CH and I have also learned to enjoy cooking and eating more at home.I learned that in diabetes 2+2 do not add 4, which is better small amounts of CH and small amounts of insulin and that a low weight (within the normal range) helps to need less insulin.The insulin that us administered to us produces internal inflammation and several problems that are starting to study a few years ago in Spain (many more out).An endocrine taught me once (many things but among them ...) that the SOP in women is directly related to insulin administration and produces a series of disorders such as hair drop, etc ....

It is only my experience, I do not intend to indoctrinate anyone, in case someone serves.

inmuchi_77's profile photo
inmuchi_77
05/16/2023 11:52 a.m.

31 años con DT1!!
Toujeo / FIASP y dieta baja en CH
Viva la vida <3

@Imuchi_77 This post is quite old, there are others more recent on the subject.
Endocrine I can not tell you, there is more and more that they see it with better eyes whenever you do not talk about oto and say only low in hydrates, but it still remains that the majority are updated.It is complicated because the clinical guides take years to change and on top of those that make them internationally are paid by the pharmaceutical industry.
In the end we are the patients who have to decide what to do that for that is our health that is at stake.For me with the years I have been eating under hydrates, I am clear that it is the best.

Yessica_A
05/16/2023 2:42 p.m.

After a time of this thread, what I see is that the slow insulin that is used is the one that determines the type of diet that comes in handy.
With the insulins that my daughter used more than 20 years ago, hydrates could not be restricted because hypoglycemia threatened all the time, instead the plain slow ones now work much better with low hydrates diets.
Also with the sensors the diet can be adapted much better.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/17/2023 3:19 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Yesssica_a said:
@immuchi_77 This post is quite old, there are other more recent on the subject.
Endocrine I can not tell you, there is more and more that they see it with better eyes whenever you do not talk about oto and say only low in hydrates, but it still remains that the majority are updated.It is complicated because the clinical guides take years to change and on top of those that make them internationally are paid by the pharmaceutical industry.
In the end we are the patients who have to decide what to do that for that is our health that is at stake.For me with the years I have been eating under hydrates, I am clear that it is the best.

Great, thank you very much.I was seeing it in the mobile the other day, I usually move more in Facebook groups than here

inmuchi_77
05/18/2023 4:04 p.m.

31 años con DT1!!
Viva la vida <3

regina said:
After a time of this thread, what I see is that the slow insulin used is the one that determines the type of diet that comes in handy.
With the insulins that my daughter used more than 20 years ago, hydrates could not be restricted because hypoglycemia threatened all the time, instead the plain slow ones now work much better with low hydrates diets.
Also with the sensors the diet can be adapted much better.

Yes, years ago this was unthinkable, with the pre -lined insulins and such ... now with toujeo (I see that you are also with her) and I don't even tell you those who are with a bomb is something else.

inmuchi_77
05/18/2023 4:21 p.m.

31 años con DT1!!
Viva la vida <3

Hello everyone about eating low diet in carbohydrates seems good to me but it is difficult for meThe vegetable but I do sports and the truth after running I feel like a tuna sandwich with a coffee with milk not a fried egg with avocado but each one is free to do what does well and I consider all the good options

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
05/21/2023 1:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

yaizaj said:
hello to all of eating low diet in carbohydrates seems good to me but it is difficult for me to follow it because I do not like meat and the truth we have enough restrictions to restrictplus food I have reduced bread and potato somewhat and increase the vegetables but I do sports and really after running I feel like a tuna sandwich with a milk with milk not a fried egg with avocado but each one is free to do whatWhat is good and I consider all the good options

I would say that it is not about imposing anyone to follow a certain diet.If you are doing the Atuna's sandwich well, then perfect.It also costs me to give up certain things like my tea with milk and breakfast cookies and at breakfast time I have no problems because I always have the amount of insulin quite tight.

Simply, there is talk of other options that are giving good results and I think it is positive.I read Dr. Bernstein a little diagonally, there are too much things .... For Americans with his lifestyle, his products ... but I also learned interesting things.In the end I believe that after 30 years living with this circumstance, as I like to say it :) Everyone has to find the key of what works and likes and allows you to live at ease.

inmuchi_77
05/22/2023 10 a.m.

31 años con DT1!!
Viva la vida <3

Well, I'm happy every day to take 5 years with a very low diet in hydrates.And I do sports daily, strength, athletics and background cycling.Everything is a matter of feeding well and thoroughly controlling slow and fast insulins.
Of course I see a good loaf of toast bread and I get drool, it has been many years to enjoy it, but things are as they are and not as we would like to be.Our diabetes is like this and I don't get to get a lot of insulin.Thus, with little amounts, I forgive the bun for the coscorrón.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
05/28/2023 6:33 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

@Get to me too well and although I make exceptions to adapt to meals outside, in general if I have another option I prefer not to complicate my life.And sport I don't see a problem either, it is more me when I better train on an empty stomach.Now for reasons of schedules I will train at 4:30 p.m.If I do not leave many hours of fasting, my stomach is stirring when training strong.
As you say the issue is to feed well and I would also say that Cetoadatat before training.It is true that people not cetoadaptada lack energy by not putting hydrates every few hours, but those who are used to that does not happen to us.For me it is a release to know that if I can't eat nothing happens, I will follow what I am with energy and without any problem.For non -ketoadapted people, it is a problem that having to fast for a few hours for anything.
The loan of bread happens to me the same, but in the end I have become accustomed to not eating it and I enjoy other things.I am lucky that I am very meat and eggs and they don't tire me.

Yessica_A
05/29/2023 12:32 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.