{'en': 'Low carbohydrate diet', 'es': 'Dieta baja en carbohidratos'} Image

Low carbohydrate diet

errepena's profile photo   06/14/2019 4:10 a.m.

Hello everyone,

I am 40 years old and DM type 1 diagnosed for 6 years.I do not finish controlling my blood levels and I have decided to try a diet with less hydrates.

I have been maintained between 80 and 160 ... in this sense I am happy.

However, I have a question: I used to use a slow insulin (three -targe) dose and about 4 fast (Humalog) before meals.

The fact is that with what I have currently had to lower the slow to 28 and I have stopped putting myself quickly, because if I wear even 1 you give me hypoglycemia.

Is there any problem or risk for not injected with any insulin in meals?

I appreciate any contribution.

Thank you so much!

errepena's profile photo
errepena
06/14/2019 4:10 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

There is no problem or risk for not putting insulin in meals.
Another thing would be the quality of your low carbohydrates diet (low car), which will surely be very good, especially with the figures you have indicated.
Anyway, there are more people in the forum (@yessica_a) who know a lot about this issue.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
06/14/2019 12:11 p.m.

There is no inconvenience ... My son has been food for 10 months and it is with 7u three and nothing in meals ... since it is healthy proteins and carb.It is a success and you have to leave that old thought that carb without necessary there are thousands of studies of the subject where they explain.

patriciavecchia's profile photo
patriciavecchia
06/14/2019 12:17 p.m.

@Mamarvazq.Thanks for your answer.After your recommendation I have read some wire of Yesssica_a and if you see what controls.All the best.

errepena's profile photo
errepena
06/14/2019 12:19 p.m.

@patriciavecchia Thank you for your answer.At the moment the thing looks good ...

errepena's profile photo
errepena
06/14/2019 12:21 p.m.

errepena said:
hello everyone,

I am 40 years old and DM type 1 diagnosed for 6 years.I do not finish controlling my blood levels and I have decided to try a diet with less hydrates.

I have been maintained between 80 and 160 ... in this sense I am happy.

However, I have a question: I used to use a slow insulin (three -targe) dose and about 4 fast (Humalog) before meals.

The fact is that with what I have currently had to lower the slow to 28 and I have stopped putting myself quickly, because if I wear even 1 you give me hypoglycemia.

Is there any problem or risk for not injected with any insulin in meals?

I appreciate any contribution.Thank you so much

Hello, I'm new here and in this disease. I greet everyone.
I was diagnosed with Lada in January and my first HBA1C was 7.5%
and the last result was 5.2% in June.My antibody results came out very high and wanted to start treating me with insulin.The doctor believes that not how they have improved my results.My theme is whether I could keep me like this all my life without the need to deal with insulin?
I don't know if I am writing is in the right place :) It's my first forum.
Thank you so much
greetings
Juan p

juanp78's profile photo
juanp78
06/14/2019 3:23 p.m.

@Juanp78 normally newly diagnosed you will not need insulin in meals, little by little you may need any unit.
The low hydrate diets are going well but they personally exhaust me.
The alternate, in the end like everything as I feel like, yes, I do not try the paste or rice or sweets or potatoes in return I drink soy milk, little red meat, fish and little legume that goes up a lot.Rationed fruits and a lot of vegetables.
Each finds their balance.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/15/2019 9:40 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Ruthbia thanks for your message.
You could tell me how much your glycemia were before starting with insulin please.It is simply to see how my evolution is going, I'm a little lost.thank you so much

juanp78's profile photo
juanp78
06/15/2019 3:40 p.m.

The first year I did not put a novorapid only Lantus 6-8 UDS, Glico 6.4.
From the second 1ud Novorapid in meals, the same glyc.
I am in my fourth year of Lada with Glyc of 5.5, with 18 UD of Toujeo and 3-4 UDS of Fiasp or Novorapid, I use them as I see the time of eating.I mean that if it were use fiasp because they bring the dishes quickly, at Casa Novorapid because I put it when I start cooking.
What has helped me most to meet me has been Freestyle.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/15/2019 4:13 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you very much Ruthbia.I am as if I had the freestyle that, I take blood glucose every two for three to know how it affects what.Sometimes about 10 times a day.When I see that it starts to climb a little I start weight and go down for the moment.Let's see when I can last in this way.

juanp78's profile photo
juanp78
06/15/2019 5:39 p.m.

Injecting or not injecting insulin is not bad, each one has their needs and their ways of carrying diabetes, as long as it is healthy.For example, your way of carrying it is incompatible with my rhythm of life, I also like to eat everything without depriving myself of anything and I prefer to count rations and put insulin to not eat certain products: wink:

sil's profile photo
sil
06/15/2019 8:57 p.m.

FreeStyle Libre + MiaoMiao / Tresiba + Fiasp
DM1. Última HbA1c: 5,7%

Totally agree @Sil each finds their balance.
If you find yourself well, don't change.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/15/2019 11:14 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Good I have been lada for 2 years, for the moment without insulin or medicines with 5.5 the last analytical.I am with low carbohydrates diet and the truth is that very well.The only thing is that they caught me very soon since three months before the diagnosis I had another analytical in which the sugar went well.I imagine that at some point I will have to use insulin but for now I continue.Not clicking for me is important because Drone's pilot work and unjustly removed the license if I was insulin -dependent.

Pedro Páramo 's profile photo
Pedro Páramo
06/16/2019 10:45 a.m.

errepena said:
@breast.Thanks for your answer.After your recommendation I have read some wire of Yesssica_a and if you see what controls.Greetings.

If you want there is a group on Facebook "Diabetes low in hydrates" where we share a lot of information, experiences, recipes ... there are people with years of experience with low -diets in hydrates and diabetes and we help each other with doubts.You just have to request to enter and answer admission questions.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
06/25/2019 11:34 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Yesssica_a said:
errepena said:
@mamarvazq.Thanks for your answer.After your recommendation I have read some wire of Yesssica_a and if you see what controls.Greetings.

If you want there is a group on Facebook "Diabetes low in hydrates" where we share a lot of information, experiences, recipes ... there are people with years of experience with low -diets in hydrates and diabetes and we help each other with doubts.You just have to request to enter and answer the admission questions.

A magnificent group, I attest to it 😊

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
06/26/2019 4:43 p.m.

A group with taliban of diabetes ... criticize all the diets of healthy non -diabetic people.
There is a crazy one that states that each tenth that you go up with glycosilada is 3 years less life and on top of the guy is not diabetic, his son with a hemo of 7 and gives palms!
It is only worth the recipes.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/28/2019 12:43 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
a group with taliban of diabetes ... criticize all the diets of healthy non -diabetic people.
There is a crazy one that states that each tenth that you go up with glycosilada is 3 years less life and on top of the guy is not diabetic, his son with a hemo of 7 and gives palms!
It is only worth the recipes.

I don't know if we are talking about the same group.I have never seen what you say.The information that is shared is based on science (with links to scientific studies or posts of blogs that have references to studies).This does not mean that from time to time someone writes some nonsense of their own harvest as everywhere.
And the criticisms of the feeding of non -diabetic people I do not know where you see it, one things is that it is said that eating donuts is not healthy for anyone (which is true) and another that is a criticism of anyone.Sometimes facts are confused with criticism and it is not the same.To say that something is not healthy when it is true is a fact not a criticism of those who eat it.

Yessica_A
06/28/2019 3:08 p.m.

If it is true that there is very interesting scientific information and recipes but it occurred to me to go out in defense of healthy children, without diabetes that to lunch at recess gave them a ham and orange sandwich and the crazy man said that saying that they were a lotof hydrates and what more unpreprising parents, etc.
I got out of the group

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/28/2019 11:31 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello.I have been with a vague diet in carbohydrates since January.My diabetes is type 1. with this diet stopped clicking quickly and I managed to download 2 units in the morning.
In April my endocrine changed me to metformin for the good results of glyd hemoglobins.
The only problem, I'm losing weight.Does anyone happen to anyone?

Nuria Biopowerfit's profile photo
Nuria Biopowerfit
06/30/2019 5:13 p.m.

@"Nuria Biopowerfit" does not happen to me but I am that at most.You can try to climb a little fatty which is what brings you the most with less food.With a handful of nuts you already put a few extra calories per day it is easy to eat them.

Yessica_A
06/30/2019 8:14 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.