{'en': 'Low carbohydrate diet', 'es': 'Dieta baja en carbohidratos'} Image

Low carbohydrate diet

errepena's profile photo   06/14/2019 4:10 a.m.

@Aaron, each one has its postpandrial glycemia roof.I would like to do the HC/ insulin calculations well and not pass from 180. The base of my diet is CH.
I suppose that of not clicking insulin is in lowcarb diet.Although it is well known that at different times, but proteins and fats still upload glycemia.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
07/22/2019 3:49 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

solar said:
@aaron, each one has its postpondrial glycemia roof.I would like to do the HC/ insulin calculations well and not pass from 180. The base of my diet is CH.
I suppose that of not clicking insulin is in lowcarb diet.Although it is well known that at different times, but proteins and fats still upload glycemia.

Interesting, I will try to learn more about it

In my case, if not as ch I do not click and my levels are usually very good until the next food, yesterday for example I only click on breakfast because I only ate meat and vegetables during the day, and I did not get out of the range in anymoment (70-160)

What the world this ... Look that I have studied these months and it seems to me that I will never stop learning, thanks for your comment

Aaron's profile photo
Aaron
07/22/2019 5:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Aaron
Maybe you are still in what they call "Honeymoon."The pancreas still works a bit.They say I could last for months or years.Each body is a world.Maybe you don't get basal at night.I have to put some fast at meals with a factor of 0.8 breakfast and 1.0 at food and dinner.To sleep only 4 u.of basal.
According to my endocrine, I'm still in some Honeymoon.Although I tell him that he works for me is the sport every day.
Greetings from the German Germany - today at 33 degrees

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
07/22/2019 5:22 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

The fats rise a lot of blood glucose at 3 hours after the effect of insulin passes, at least they explained it to me when I debuted, and 4.5 years later I am experiencing it.(I love cheeses but I end in 200 longs and replenishing insulin)
Red meat protein too.

To know if you are on honeymoon, ask you to measure you pectide C in the next analytics;As you take care of it lasts more or less.I still continue in Honeymoon, I use little insulin according to my endocrine, it is also true that as few hydrates, below the medical criteria that do not generally share the low hydrate diets.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/22/2019 11:45 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

That I know neither fats nor proteins rise glycemia.The only thing that glycemia rises are carbohydrates, whether complex or simple.Another thing is that fats affect the absorption speed (if there is a lot of fat the absorption is slowed).
And also that there are few foods that only have fats only, only proteins or only hydrates.
I of course, if I'm going to eat a chuleton (red meat) without bread or potatoes, I don't need fast insu.

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
07/24/2019 11:10 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

nigiri said:
@erpla is not the same a low carbohydrate diet than a ketogenic diet

it's right.What does the most damage to diabetics, prediabetics and in general to the feeding of the human being are carbohydrates: bread, rice, pasta, etc.The ketogenic diet I think eliminates them completely but more than a diet you have to look for the change in habits and lower the consumption of these foods as much as possible.Little by little one gets used to ... sometimes the body "asks" some carbohydrate but you have to understand the damage it does, and therefore, limit it to the maximum.

I have just been in a hotel in Mexico in the Riviera Maya where everything is included, the hotel with 10 restaurants, 3 of them buffet and thanks to the change of habits, my diet was delicious but controlled.In 8 days and after 24 buffetts (3 meals a day) I went up 2 pounds (1 kilo) only, which is really a success.

And back I resumed my normal diet (+ glycena reinforcement) and I still lose weight and improve glucose values, LDL cholesterol, lipids, etc.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
07/26/2019 9:03 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

I think there is no "demonizing" anything.You have to eat a little of everything but with balance.Each must adapt the food to their daily spending needs.

I do sports every day (1h-2h), I am walking to work 2 km and I return in the afternoon also walk.I need a minimum of carbohydrates (CH) to feel good.In my case, with about 10 be (120 gr ch) rind well.But always as a bit of everything: ch, proteins and fats.I avoid choons with high glycemic index, and I try to drink ch "slow", no white bread, white rice, juices.Do not do it before diabetes, and now less.Like ch, I take fruit, vegetables (by the debago of the 200 gr do not count them), whole wheat or sarracene wheat, comprehensive paste, yogurt.

On fats, I prevent food from having many saturated fats.And I make very light dinners and about two and a half hours before bedtime.
I agree with @maritxu22, an excess of fats in a meal to me a lot of the absorption of ch.In my case, after discussing it with endocrine and nutritionist, when I take a meal that is passed from fats, they are sometimes inevitable!(Chuleton type, piglet, cooked, which also has chickpeas that are very slow ch) I put half of the insulin that would correspond to me (for the ch q I have eaten) around medium/three quarters of an hour after finishing eating.Sometimes I wait for even an hour and check it with the sensor.It works well for me.Fats cause me very slow digestions.And over the years I have noticed that every time I tolerate them less.If I can avoid them and if I choose balanced dishes.And if they bring me more food, I don't like it.There are sites that bring huge dishes.It is a shame.But the dishes that they bring are rather for people who work on construction!

But respect for all who make very low chu or ketogenic diets.If your body is doing well and are aware of what they eat, and the possible consequences (the kidneys and the liver will probably have to work more), then perfect.The important thing is to know what is eaten and in function of your needs and your metabolism and activity.It is not easy!

A good weekend!

jldiazdel
07/26/2019 9:38 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@Maritxu22 30% of the protein is metabolized in blood glucose and fats as well.
Go to a barbecue and eat only protein and fat, do not put insulin because according to you there is no HC, then measure glycemia and tell me.

I have been in diabetics 4.5 years, and fat adds together with the protein.There is a calculation factor for insulin.I do it by eye.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/26/2019 11:13 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I put two links that can be useful.I hope they work

Link
Link

jldiazdel
07/26/2019 11:24 a.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I have been with diabetes for 16 years, and if I only take fat and proteins and I really do not take hydrates I do not put any insulin and blood glucose does not vary if there are no other factors.So I can tell you that in all these years some fillets, chuleton, barbecue or similar have affected me glymia, when I have not accompanied them with bread, potatoes, etc.In recent years I have been dexcom and there is no alteration.So it will depend on people and bodies too.

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
07/27/2019 12:37 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

I follow the advice of my endocrine, we can eat everything and the more varied better, always calculating HC rations, healthy fats, proteins, adjusting insulin according to our lifestyle, they have also informed me that very little protein andAn excess of this for a long time, would cause serious damage to the kidneys and much more in diabetic people, each one is free to take care of themselves.

Marybe  Days's profile photo
Marybe Days
07/27/2019 2:30 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Marybe Days", on my diagnosis my endo told me two things;No products "suitable for diabetics", and ordered eating according to my gastronomic culture, 3 meals.And it recommended 60% carbohydrates, 25% fat and 15% proteins.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
07/27/2019 4:09 p.m.

It seems to me total irresponsibility recommend 60% HC and more to a diabetic.And only 15% protein is another barbarity.Protein The first must be measured in GR by kg of body weight and adapt it according to physical activity.Someone who does sports, especially strength needs a lot of protein to repair the fibers that break during sport and build muscle (which is what makes you old in good condition).It is also a myth that causes renal damage, if there is already damage if it is restricted but healthy kidneys have no problems with high protein consumption.What causes kidney damage in DT is high glucose and that is what must be avoided at all costs.
Glucose is not an essential nutrient, the body can produce what needs and only serves as energy.Protein and fat is used to repair tissues, form hormones, etc.That is essential for life and there are several amino acids and fatty acids that are called essentials just because the body cannot produce them and should be consumed regularly with food.It is important to ensure good fat and quality protein intake, in addition to vitamins and minerals.The problem is the nutrition training that doctors have (except those that are formed later on their own) is very unfortunate.They teach them 4 basic things very outdated.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
07/27/2019 5:50 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@Yessica_a, the doctor was the endocrine expert in diabetes 1 and nutrition Dr Isaac Levy, an entire institution in Barcelona.Then he made a personalized diet the equally institution in Nutrition Serafín Murillo.Bold by Dr Daniel Figuerola, another institution.All of them pioneers in research, therefore very updated.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
07/27/2019 6:15 p.m.

With all respect for those doctors, these proportions seem to me an excess of CH!Except you are preparing for a marathon.

I don't know the type of daily activity that you do, but I would now increase in fat (not saturated) and proteins and go down in ch.

It's just a suggestion!

If the % who recommended you are going well for you, ignore my suggestion

jldiazdel
07/27/2019 6:27 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel greetings!.Here we are in this forum to make consultations, suggestions and talk about our diabetes, which we already know that everyone has their own.Regarding my diet I have always followed this and my glucosiladas rarely reach 7, so I guess I am doing well.Ahhh and I am more sedentary than a cactus plant!

solaria's profile photo
solaria
07/27/2019 7:44 p.m.

:)
If you are at ease and they work for you.Perfect.Each body is a world.

Many greetings

jldiazdel
07/27/2019 7:49 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@Solaria very updated in diabetes does not mean very updated in nutrition.If they recommend 60% of HC to a diabetic I doubt that they are very updated in nutrition.That is a barbarity except that you are elite athlete, which you still need all that energy in the form of glucose, but for someone sedentary it seems like a mockery.Do not get to 7 from Hemo I suppose you mean between 6-7 that is another barbarity that tells us that this is good control.That "good" control that they tell us ends in complications with the perfectly avoidable years with normoglycemia that is achieved much easier how much less HC consume.But of course each one is free to choose the option you consider better.If you think that with that diet you are well then great.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
07/27/2019 7:53 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@Yessica_a, I know you study a lot about diabetes and the lowcarb diet and keto.I can't contradict you with scientific arguments because I don't have them.But yes, this diet makes me feel that I lead a life as normal as possible.Remember that I have countless limitations and my mental health would be more affected if it was even more restrictive.
Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
07/28/2019 5:25 p.m.

solar said:
@"Marybe Days", the day of my diagnosis my endo told me two things;No products "suitable for diabetics", and ordered eating according to my gastronomic culture, 3 meals.And recommended 60% carbohydrates, 25% fat and 15% proteins.

Excuse me but I think your endocrine is wrong.Diabetic products are safe because the glycemic index is very low or zero and if it sent you 60% carbohydrates in your diet, because it is wrong, very bad.Carbohydrates: all carbohydrates, with the exception of fibers, become glucose and are the main cause of the lack of control of diabetes.Diabetes control depends largely on the control of the consumption of refined carbohydrates, starches and sugars.

While it is true that each body is a world, it is also that studies show that there is a close relationship between carbohydrate consumption with excessive insulin production, and therefore:

Consumption of excess carbohydrates = high glucose levels are produced (above 130 mg/dl) -& GT;The liver converts excess glucose into triglycerides -& GT;Triglycerides create insulin resistance -& GT;Pancreas is required to produce more insulin -& GT;Beta cells of the pancreas are "burned" - they are destroyed

Foods that produce little glucose and require little insulin: meat, chicken, turkey, fish, stays, eggs, seafood, vegetables, vegetable juices, salad, almonds, nuts.These are type A foods (friends / lose weight).

However, foods that produce a lot of glucose and require a lot of insulin are carbohydrates or sugar foods: bread, pasta, flour, rice, banana, potatoes, tubers, cereals, sugar, sweets, chocolates, milk, fruit juices, sugary soft drinks, tortillas, toasts, sopes, tamales, etc., these are food e (enemies / fattening) foods

matrix's profile photo
matrix
07/28/2019 10:08 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.