{'en': 'Low carbohydrate diet', 'es': 'Dieta baja en carbohidratos'} Image

Low carbohydrate diet

errepena's profile photo   06/14/2019 4:10 a.m.

maritxu22 said:
I have been with diabetes for 16 years, and if I only take fat and proteins and I really do not take hydrates I do not put any insulin and blood glucose does not vary if there are no other factors.So I can tell you that in all these years some fillets, chuleton, barbecue or similar have affected me glymia, when I have not accompanied them with bread, potatoes, etc.In recent years I have been dexcom and there is no alteration.So it will depend on people and bodies too.

it's right.Proteins (meat, chicken, turkey, fish, shellfish, eggs, etc.) also become glucose, but in a much smaller degree than refined carbohydrates and starches.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
07/28/2019 10:12 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

@matrix .... "Studies show that there is a close relationship between carbohydrate consumption with excessive insulin production."
@matrix, diabetics 1 do not produce insulin.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
07/28/2019 10:33 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

solar said:
@matrix .... "studies show that there is a close relationship between carbohydrate consumption with excessive insulin production".
@matrix, diabetics 1 do not produce insulin.

I know, in DT2 the pancreas does not produce anything or very little insulin.Well, my comments are for type 2 diabetes.

However, I have read in recent publications that DM1 complications could be prevented with a low carbohydrate diet.

I share an article of interest:

"... more recently, A Large Observational Study of 1020 European Outpatients With Type 1 Diabetes Reported That A Lower Intake of Total Carbohydrate Was Associated With Lower Levels of HBA1C"
Link

My comment is only my personal opinion, the appropriate thing of course will be what the doctor indicates.However, doctors are also wrong, they are human!Proof of this is a relative who for a bad diagnosis now cannot go to the bathroom, he will live all his life with a bag hanging.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
07/28/2019 10:49 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Hello!!Good that you have been able to improve your levels, I agree that the diet must adapt to the needs of each person according to the context in which it is, until it is given with the one that feels better.Particularly, I follow a diet of approx 160/180 CBH per day, only complex hydrates and nothing simple.During my first months with DBT, I avoided eating any type of CBH completely and I felt very tired, I even lost a lot of weight because of course, having enough energy, my body used the reserves and muscle mass that I found.Little by little I was informing and testing meals until I found the diet that best suits my situation, I guess that's what it is about.If that way you feel good and your values ​​are better, I see no problem that the amount of insulin decreases, we must precisely inject ourselves according to the amount of hydrates consumed ..

Geodesia's profile photo
Geodesia
07/30/2019 5:04 a.m.

Diabética tipo 1 desde marzo 2018
Lantus 16u por la noche, Humalog según cantidad de Hdc
Actividad física tres veces a la semana
Sensor Abbott cuando puedo. Última HbA1c: 6.1%

lizgor said:
nuria biopowerfit said:
exact Pedro, I don't use insulin.
Yesterday I had revision with the endocrine and as my glyd is 5.9% have left me with the metformin 2 more months, for the moment.
I follow a low hydrates diet since February, my analysis has come out, cholesterol and triglycerides even touching low values.
I find myself perfectly.And the problem of losing weight is because the thyroid had a little altered, but I have lowered the dose of the eutirox and I hope to take a couple of kilos

Hi Nuria,

I am surprised that being type 1 you have beta cells that still generate insulin and that you only take metformin (which in theory makes cells that are resistant to insulin) to assimilate the hydrates that are not few (integral rice, wheat bulgur andSarraceno, integral bread of mother dough) in all meals.

I have read the use of metformin in type 1 diabetes accompanied by insulin to improve poorly controlled diabetes, but never to remove insulin at all as is your case.BRAVO!!

And how much do you have type 1 diabetics?

lizgor said:
nuria biopowerfit said:
nuria biopowerfit said:
exact Pedro, I don't use insulin.
Yesterday I had revision with the endocrine and as my glyd is 5.9% have left me with the metformin 2 more months, for the moment.
I follow a low hydrates diet since February, my analysis has come out, cholesterol and triglycerides even touching low values.
I find myself perfectly.And the problem of losing weight is because the thyroid had a little altered, but I have lowered the dose of the eutirox and I hope to take a couple of kilos

Hi Nuria,

I am surprised that being type 1 you have beta cells that still generate insulin and that you only take metformin (which in theory makes cells that are resistant to insulin) to assimilate the hydrates that are not few (integral rice, wheat bulgur andSarraceno, integral bread of mother dough) in all meals.

I have read the use of metformin in type 1 diabetes accompanied by insulin to improve poorly controlled diabetes, but never to remove insulin at all as is your case.BRAVO!!

And how much do you have type 1 diabetics?

Irmaladulce's profile photo
Irmaladulce
07/31/2019 11:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!I've been reading you for some time, I like the forum.Finally I encourage writing, I have type 1 for 30 years, I have 39. I have always taken it more or less well, but for three years or four I have relaxed in the control.Has anyone done the glycosylated hemoglobin test in pharmacy?Is it trustworthy?I did it today and it came out 7’7.In January it was 7’2.I thought I would have improved.Thank you, I'm still reading you.🙌🏼❤️

Irmaladulce
07/31/2019 11:23 p.m.

@Irmaladulce, greetings and welcome.On glycosylated in pharmacy, I imagine that it is the same device that my doctor uses in your consultation.And yes, it is more or less reliable.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
08/01/2019 6:09 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Thank you very much, solar 😊

solar said:
@irmaladulce, greetings and welcome.On glycosylated in pharmacy, I imagine that it is the same device that my doctor uses in your consultation.And yes, it is more or less reliable.

Irmaladulce
08/02/2019 8:54 a.m.

Each doctor is world and each body works differently to the Mass food and lifestyle.
My endocrine, I have had several, bet for at least 130GCH.I consume 75 gch approx, but I have many protein and fat hyperglycemia;So I replenish insulin if as cheese or any type of meat.
Of course, my glyc is 5.5%.

Lowcarb diets are going well for diabetic control, but in my case they make me fat because fat and proteins are all for me, they go to my particular roll and I need insulin on top.

I have been 4 days of intensive tourism, 14 hours without stopping and bike, we are bursting ... eating and having dinner half salad and a fish, between 60-85 of blood glucose, I had to lower the basal.I should have lost, 1 kilillo at least, right? Well, I have brought 1.5kg extra .... It must be water because I have drunk the sources of the heat that passes.But there is my extra holiday that stays with me forever.

Sometimes I want to move from insulin and return to be at the beginning of the debut, there I burned fat or whatever.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/02/2019 1:56 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

That HB is very good!If something works for you, don't change it

When I return from Vacances I always bring at least 1 kilo of more, but it is usually accumulated liquid.The meals out often have more salt than necessary and TB accumulates liquids during the trip.And for some other culinary excess.But it doesn't seem like your case.

Maybe you've done some muscle!, Tb weighs.You never know.Get to you again a few days

good weekend

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/02/2019 2:49 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I retain liquids from before being diabetic.The bad thing is that they take away very badly.The fat before burned very quickly with any regime, but the liquids were not shape.
Now with diabetes there is no way to remove fat or liquids.With the exercise in addition to growing muscle, they give me low sugar because I am not constant, I do it when I can with what I do not reduce basal in time.So what I burn by exercise, I replace it with hypoglycemia.

My father has bought a scale of those that impeded you and liquids.I have Normapeso according to the BMI but I have 2.4kg of fat and 5.6kg of fluids.A disgust.Let's see how I take off 8kg with an endocrine that finds me great and does not guide anything.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/06/2019 2:45 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia

Oh !
I have one of those swingings, but it gives me ranges in %, it doesn't tell me exactly what I have left over or missing.I imagine that they give you an approximate idea.

For liquids, I can onlyYou do it!).If they don't work at least they hydrate you.The coffee (in moderation) TB can help you.Then there are those compression socks (horrible).They say they are very effective, but I think they are rather for people with circulatory problems in the legs.
Cheer up !

all the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/06/2019 2:58 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hello everyone, in this regard, I want to leave my testimony.
5 years ago I had trouble controlling my blood glucose, which was always over 140 and my weight was 123 kg.
I followed the indications and diets recommended by my doctors but everything was getting worse, glycemia, pressure, etc.
For a pyelonephritis I was hospitalized for almost a month and there, hospitalized consuming only the foods they gave me in the hospital I had the glycemia shot so they began to inject me insulin before each meal, imagine my mood, but a doctor appeared (AI tell him that he is my angel) and I talk about the ketogenic or low -carbohydrate ketogenic diet.I had to promise him that he would never disseminate his name because he told me he could lose his job.I looked for information, a lot of information and decided to follow this ketogenic diet, the result is that 5 years later weight 84 kgs, of such a 56/80 and I am not taking any medication, just a multivitamin, a magnesium supplement, an omega 3 up and enough water supplement.I do not use any sweeteners because there are several of them that do not provide calories but the organism assimilates them as sugar in the same way.I hope my story can help someone, hugs

Carlosalbertus's profile photo
Carlosalbertus
08/14/2019 4:16 a.m.

matrix said:
hello.In my case I am prediabetic and I am following a low carbohydrate diet and I am wonderful.My glucose levels have been adjusted, I have gone down, they have improved my cholesterol levels, lipids, triglycerides.The glucose before eating and 2 hours after eating is very good, but I still have something high when I get up.I hope that within a couple of months it is better and that they continue to adjust the metformin.I know that with DM1 it is different but I wanted to share.By the way I am from Mexico and in the nights with hung

Hi Matrix, be careful with glucose consumption in a 200 ml vessel you have 20 grs of carbohydrates, try to take the habit of reading the nutritional information of everything you consume to keep carbohydrate consumption under control.My case is very similar to yours but I no longer need any medication for quite some time and my controls are perfect (glycemia, pressure, glycosilada).I follow the ketogenic diet, low in carbos, which limit an intake of 25 to 30 grs per day.Greetings

Carlosalbertus
08/14/2019 4:28 a.m.

@Carlosalbertus congratulations !!You are on the right track to reverse your diabetes (well with the data you put you could already say that you have no diabetes).It is a pity that most doctors continue to recommend high diets in HC and low to diabetic fats that all they do is make their illness worse and cause serious complications in the future.DT2 can reverse the disease if they do the opposite and also win in health because they usually improve other parameters such as triglyceride, cholesterol, blood pressure ... as in your case.Luckily there are more and more doctors who realize and change the recommendations and more patients who do it on their own.But much remains to be done until the clinical guides are changed and low diet is recommended in hydrates to all diabetics.You luckily have realized on time.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
08/14/2019 9:56 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thanks @yessica_a!The same reason to leave my testimony, I have many acquaintances, who follow the medical indications and that are complicated with their "uncontrolled" DT2.
I quote you textually "but there is still much to do until the clinical guides are changed and low diet is recommended in hydrates to all diabetics." I had the great fortune that,By chance, that doctor will advise me to change my eating habits in this way.But it causes me many feelings for the doctor's words, "if here, in the hospital, they find out what I am advising you could lose my job."
That I find it terrible, I think of how many people would revert their DT2 if this information came to them.I send you a big hug

Carlosalbertus
08/14/2019 7:12 p.m.

Yesssica_a said:
errepena said:
@mamarvazq.Thanks for your answer.After your recommendation I have read some wire of Yesssica_a and if you see what controls.Greetings.

If you want there is a group on Facebook "Diabetes low in hydrates" where we share a lot of information, experiences, recipes ... there are people with years of experience with low -diets in hydrates and diabetes and we help each other with doubts.You just have to request to enter and answer the admission questions.

Hi Yesssica,
There are 2 FB groups that are called like this, which is from the 2. One is from Madrid.
thank you so much

begoirina7515's profile photo
begoirina7515
08/25/2019 7:16 p.m.

@begoirina7515 I pass the link by private

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
08/25/2019 9:12 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Yesssica_a said:
@begoirina7515 I pass the link by private

thanks a lot

begoirina7515's profile photo
begoirina7515
08/26/2019 7:17 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.