{'en': 'Low carbohydrate diet', 'es': 'Dieta baja en carbohidratos'} Image

Low carbohydrate diet

errepena's profile photo   06/14/2019 4:10 a.m.

I take a handful of nuts in mid -morning, 1 avocado in salad every day ... and try to take slow absorption hydrates (whole rice, bulwur and sarracene wheat, integral bread of mother dough) in all meals to take somethingWeight, but I find it difficult.
I've never been chubby but I always had those 3-4 k
Since January I have lost 11 kg

Nuria Biopowerfit's profile photo
Nuria Biopowerfit
06/30/2019 8:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Nuria Biopowerfit" I also use many fruits that are rich and very caloric and add quite a lot of oil to all meals.The meat always as with all the fat, fish soil eating more blue that also has more fat.
You can also try almond flour cakes that are quite caloric and usually eat a lot.
There are people who put a teaspoon of coconut oil into coffee, give a touch and are quite a few calories.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
06/30/2019 11:29 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thanks Yesssica.I take note of your annotations and put them into practice to see how.

Nuria Biopowerfit
07/01/2019 8:35 a.m.

Hello!!No risk, quite the opposite.I is the method that I have followed since I was diagnosed, well, 2 months after being diagnosed.The first 2 months followed the indications of conventional doctors, and I pooked quickly in each meal and a lot of slow.Until I discovered the option to deal with this empowerment in this other way, much less aggressive and relaxed (at least for me).Low carbon and sugar diet.I carry almost 2 naos, and I just sulked 8 units of slow.Another story, come on, that apart from the strictest diets, I lead a completely normal life, without living pending insulin, desulin, increases, etc ... I think the most mentally healthy way of dealing with this disease, come on, I can't imagine dealing with her in another way ... well, if I imagine it, because I did it for 2 months, and it was an infiernite.Bineve to the Type 1 diabetic club with strict diets, exercises.You will be a great body and your quality of life will improve substantially.Congratulations

Leti's profile photo
Leti
07/01/2019 5:53 p.m.

nuria biopowerfit said:
hello.I have been with a vague diet in carbohydrates since January.My diabetes is type 1. with this diet stopped clicking quickly and I managed to download 2 units in the morning.
In April my endocrine changed me to metformin for the good results of glyd hemoglobins.
The only problem, I'm losing weight.Does anyone happen to anyone?

I understand that you do not click insulin now?Do you only use metformin?

Pedro Páramo 's profile photo
Pedro Páramo
07/07/2019 10:33 a.m.

Hello.In my case I am prediabetic and I am following a low carbohydrate diet and I am wonderful.My glucose levels have been adjusted, I have gone down, they have improved my cholesterol levels, lipids, triglycerides.The glucose before eating and 2 hours after eating is very good, but I still have something high when I get up.I hope that within a couple of months it is better and that they continue to adjust the metformin.I know that with DM1 it is different but I wanted to share.By the way I am from Mexico and in the nights with hunger what I do is take a product called glucierna and help me with the change of habits.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
07/07/2019 10:42 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

It is sad that the doctors do not save the Low Carb diabetics, because that way types 2 would go into remission if they did sports and type 1 we would use less insulin, but ... much misinformation in professionals, little update and atrocious fear of fatsand passion for carbos.

The low carbage diet is another diet, neither the best nor the worst, depends on the context but it is that in our case it is the best diet to use less insulin, which leads to less hyperglycemia for not "jarting" to eat hydratesand to suffer much less hypoglycemia when using very little insulin.

Bravo for those brave ones who read and update and realize that it has remailed towards the wrong direction for years.

lizgor's profile photo
lizgor
07/09/2019 3:12 p.m.

DM 1 desde Enero 2017:

• Con dieta low carb y deporte: Toujeo 8ui noche y 2ui Humalog (1-2 veces semana)
  • Con dieta cetogénica y deporte de alta intensidad: no uso insulina

A1c: 5,8%

It seems like a super good diet to control glucose but not the only one.A doctor should not guide her because it is still a way of life, it is like the one that becomes a vegetarian or follows a paleo diet ... as much as I can recommend, at least I think so, what we want most is isBring a life as normal as possible.You can have perfectly controlled diabetes eating hydrates at all meals .... to which we take insulin pump in fact, we are not recommended to make the ketogenic diet.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
07/09/2019 4:51 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

@erpla is not the same a low carbohydrates diet than a ketogenic diet

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/09/2019 6:37 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Pedro Páramo said:
nuria biopowerfit said:
hello.I have been with a vague diet in carbohydrates since January.My diabetes is type 1. with this diet stopped clicking quickly and I managed to download 2 units in the morning.
In April my endocrine changed me to metformin for the good results of glyd hemoglobins.
The only problem, I'm losing weight.Does anyone happen to anyone?

I understand that you do not click insulin now?Do you only use metformin?

Nuria Biopowerfit
07/09/2019 8:30 p.m.

Exact Pedro, I don't use insulin.
Yesterday I had revision with the endocrine and as my glyd is 5.9% have left me with the metformin 2 more months, for the moment.
I follow a low hydrates diet since February, my analysis has come out, cholesterol and triglycerides even touching low values.
I find myself perfectly.And the problem of losing weight is because the thyroid had a little altered, but I have lowered the dose of the eutirox and I hope to take a couple of kilos

Nuria Biopowerfit
07/09/2019 8:35 p.m.

nuria biopowerfit said:
exact Pedro, does not use insulin.
Yesterday I had revision with the endocrine and as my glyd is 5.9% have left me with the metformin 2 more months, for the moment.
I follow a low hydrates diet since February, my analysis has come out, cholesterol and triglycerides even touching low values.
I find myself perfectly.And the problem of losing weight is because the thyroid had a little altered, but I have lowered the dose of the eutirox and I hope to take a couple of kilos

Hi Nuria,

I am surprised that being type 1 you have beta cells that still generate insulin and that you only take metformin (which in theory makes cells that are resistant to insulin) to assimilate the hydrates that are not few (integral rice, wheat bulgur andSarraceno, integral bread of mother dough) in all meals.

I have read the use of metformin in type 1 diabetes accompanied by insulin to improve poorly controlled diabetes, but never to remove insulin at all as is your case.BRAVO!!

And how much do you have with type 1 diabetics?

lizgor's profile photo
lizgor
07/10/2019 10:31 a.m.

DM 1 desde Enero 2017:

• Con dieta low carb y deporte: Toujeo 8ui noche y 2ui Humalog (1-2 veces semana)
  • Con dieta cetogénica y deporte de alta intensidad: no uso insulina

A1c: 5,8%

lizgor said:
nuria biopowerfit said:
exact Pedro, I don't use insulin.

Hi Nuria,

I am surprised that being type 1 you have beta cells that still generate insulin and that you only take metformin (which in theory makes cells that are resistant to insulin) to assimilate the hydrates that are not few (integral rice, wheat bulgur andSarraceno, integral bread of mother dough) in all meals.

I have read the use of metformin in type 1 diabetes accompanied by insulin to improve poorly controlled diabetes, but never to remove insulin at all as is your case.BRAVO!!

And how much do you have type 1 diabetics?

I debuted in November 2018. I left the hospital with 20 Unid de Lantus in the morning and Fiasp before meals.And with a diet full of hydrates !!!!
In 1 month I took the food on my own and was decreasing the HC rations and at the same time those of both slow and fast insulin.In January I only click 4 units of Lantus and nothing quickly.
My controls were maintained within the limits, as maximum 140.
I even click anything and my levels were maintained within the range.
Therefore, my endocrine went to metformin and for the moment I've been thus 6 months, eating very few carbohydrates, although I try at least to eat a ration at each meal because I have lost a lot of weight

Nuria Biopowerfit
07/10/2019 1:12 p.m.

erpla said:
I think it's a super good diet to control glucose but not the only one.A doctor should not guide her because it is still a way of life, it is like the one that becomes a vegetarian or follows a paleo diet ... as much as I can recommend, at least I think so, what we want most is isBring a life as normal as possible.You can have perfectly controlled diabetes eating hydrates in all meals .... to which we take insulin pump in fact, we are not recommended to make the ketogenic diet.

Hello.Yes, they should at least give you that option and that it is the patient who decides.I wish they had told me about her when they diagnosed me.

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/10/2019 4:37 p.m.

Hello.I was following a link that closed from the
Same topic asking about the Keto and high intensity exercises.Can I give him intense with Keto?

Glyc
Metformin 500
Twice a day

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
07/14/2019 7:46 p.m.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
07/14/2019 10:36 p.m.

Hello
When do you talk about low carbohydrate diet of how many do you speak per day (more or less)?

I carry with DM1 something like a year and a half, but I still eat more or less the same and do my exercise every day as before.I take 4 be breakfast, 4 be food and 2 be dinner.Be = 12 gr carboh.That is a daily total of about 120 gr carboh.They are always yogurt, fruit, Musli de Cerales, whole wheat bread, hummus (vegetables, about 180 gr at night, never tell them).Time comprehensive paste.I do not follow any diet, simply try to eat healthy (non -saturated fats, proteins and slow carbohydrates and I avoid the preparations).Weight about 63 kg and measure 168 cm.My German doctor told me that for the German standard I go somewhat short of carboh, but that if I do not lose weight and I am going well.

Greetings from Frankfurt

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
07/16/2019 3:01 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel because there is also no very clear definition of low diet in hydrates.In the case of ketogenics are those that allow you to be in continuous ketosis and that is achieved below the 50gr of HC per day, although it depends on the person, some need to download from 30gr.
I would say that a low hydrates diet would be between 50-70 gr of HC and most vegetables, nuts, dairy and some fruit.
In the case of ketogenics you have to count the HC very well so as not to pass and leave ketosis.You even have to limit some vegetables that have more HC.
In low -hydrates diets because all vegetables, nuts, seeds, dairy (all kinds of cheeses and some entire natural yogurt would be eaten), ... you can also eat some fruit with little HC such as blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, etc.And of course avocado and coconut that are fruits with very little HC.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
07/16/2019 4:18 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Ah, less HC of those who thought me
Thanks for the answer!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
07/16/2019 4:33 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

errepena said:

Is there any problem or risk for not injected with any insulin in meals?

This doubt surprises me a bit, probably because of my lack of knowledge

Why are you always fast before meals?If you don't eat carbohydrates too?, Seems super logical to give you a hiccup

I put a little in context, I've been diagnosed with T1 for a few months but I live in UK.I have started reading this forum to see if there are differences in the way of living with diabetes, and this is one of them

I am sure that there are reasons that I do not know for that, why don't you tell carbohydrates and do you use quickly in relation to the amount you are going to eat?What benefit does not do it?From my ignorance I don't see any

Aaron's profile photo
Aaron
07/22/2019 2:18 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.