{'en': 'I tell you everything about freestylelibre 2', 'es': 'Os cuento TODO sobre el FreestyleLibre 2'} Image

I tell you everything about freestylelibre 2

mama con diabetes 's profile photo   03/05/2020 9:58 a.m.

davidag2000 said:
matt said:
the true reason why Abbott has updated its free app freeLink at 2.4 is not the improvement of the MRD, but moreGood to prevent us from patching it and using xDrip ..., turning the system into a true McG ... something that for some reason, Abbott does not want to do it yet having it in their hands ... (each one who wonders why, II don't say anything, but I have it clear).

When the 2.4 has impossible the patching (adding garbage code), this forces to stay in 2.3 if you want it to work.

With this movement, all mobile phones that do not have Android 8.0 onwards haveI would miss that I was related to making things even more difficult for DIY.

I understand that all this could easily be thrown before a European court, since our legislation not only allows the obtaining of databases for own use, but is explicitly president to impose this option in the company's marketing company softwares ...At the end, our glycemia are ours (although we have to give them to Abbott mandatory), which is not allowed with this system, although we do allow them ...

Anyway, it is an issue that gives for many discussions

Greetings

Hello,

In spite of the modifications in the FreeLink 2.4 app, through advanced inverse engineering and hacking techniques, the app can be modified to deliver the unprocessed and processed results to XDRIP+, but it is not something that Abbott will allow, orLet it be legal.

I, having knowledge in computer science, I plan to do it when I have my free freestyle 2. I will tell you results.

And yes, a pity that does not offer it abbott ... 😥

What do you mean with unprocessed and processed data?Pre and post algorithm of Abott?I am using 2.3 patching and the data that sends to XDrip are not exactly those of the reader (10 ~ of difference as much, better than with mine without a doubt) it would be fine if xDrip was more accurate, but I do not know if it collects the data beforeLibreLink applies your own algorithm.I will have to investigate more.

I saw in Github's repo that the script downloaded the 2.4 too, but the DIFF is only valid for 2.3

Foxandxss's profile photo
Foxandxss
04/05/2020 11:19 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

foxandxss said:
davidag2000 said:
matt said:
matt said:
the true reason why Abbott has updated its appLibreLink at 2.4 is not the improvement of the Mard, but rather to prevent us from patching it and using xDrip ..., turning the system into a true McG ... something that for some reason, Abbott does not want to do it yet having it in hisHands ... (Everyone who wonders why, I say nothing, but I am sure).

When the 2.4 has impossible the patching (adding garbage code), this forces to stay in 2.3 if you want it to work.

With this movement, all mobile phones that do not have Android 8.0 onwards haveI would miss that I was related to making things even more difficult for DIY.

I understand that all this could easily be thrown before a European court, since our legislation not only allows obtaining databases for own use, but is explicitly president to impose this option in the company Softwares Marketers of Products ...At the end, our glycemia are ours (although we have to give them to Abbott mandatory), which is not allowed with this system, although we do allow them ...

Greetings

Hello,

In spite of the modifications in the FreeLink 2.4 app, through advanced inverse engineering and hacking techniques, the app can be modified to deliver the unprocessed and processed results to XDRIP+, but it is not something that Abbott will allow, orLet it be legal.

I, having knowledge in computer science, I plan to do it when I have my free freestyle 2. I will tell you results.

What do you mean with unprocessed and processed data?Pre and post algorithm of Abott?I am using 2.3 patching and the data that sends to XDrip are not exactly those of the reader (10 ~ of difference as much, better than with mine without a doubt) it would be fine if xDrip was more accurate, but I do not know if it collects the data beforeLibreLink applies your own algorithm.I will have to investigate more.

I saw in the Github repo that the script downloaded the 2.4 also, but the DIFF is only valid for 2.3

>

Indeed, everything you said is correct.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
04/05/2020 11:22 a.m.

Novabur Una, yes, I use the 2 with an xiaomi lite

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/16/2020 11:29 p.m.

Niñaburbuja meant

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/16/2020 11:30 p.m.

ruthbia said:
forgive @davidag2000 I do not dema what you say, and what I have commented is not false;I show you when you want.I have also declared it to Abbott, documented and sent for analysis.Here in the forum I have put several photos demonstrating that they measure the same.

I have 2 freestyle glucometers without updating, right now I have in use the one that has SW 2.2.13 and it measures the same value as the free application that is updated (SW2.4.0.5417).And of course, quite far from the capillary measure.

I do not believe what Abbott publishes on its website and less having objective and proven facts that it is not true.The same as putting only the sensor in the arm or that the tolerance thresholds are so large that the same is worth the same as 45 if you are in an average of 100mg/dl that the operators tell you.

They advertised to hype and saucer of the SW update because their sales were lowered by running through the networks the lack of precision they have with respect to other brands.It has not improved and there are many users who say it continuously.Now if you call Call Center, the first thing they ask is if you have needed medical attention because of your flash system. Why do you think they ask?For the complaints that have open in courts around the world.

Have you seen your technical data?What group of patients have they made?What population mass have you used?how long?What variables measure?How have the algorithm "designed"?Have you tried it for functions or components?How have the HW tried?How have the SW tried?What tests have you done of HW/SW integration?What entity has it certified?
I can think of many things to ask them based on my experience and work scope.

I hope Abbott subsidizes the sensors for free.

More reason than a saint.

marine's profile photo
marine
04/17/2020 8:52 a.m.

davidag2000 said:
hello @ruthbia, I understand your concerns.

I inform you that I have seen with which population and how the algorithm have improved.I also tell you that it is normal for you to ever give you the same (the algorithms can coincide), but that will not always happen.

Its algorithm is based on AI, which is a technology that is changing the world, and is evolving very fast.Taking advantage of this, and thanks to analysis performed from Abbott through AI, they have improved the algorithm and that is what they have updated.

The improvement in the algorithm is an improvement in precision and yes, it is not a marketing thing, as you think.It is real.

In fact, when I called Abbott the last time because of a problem that I had with a sensor, the first thing they asked me was if I had it updated, to rule out problems about blood glucose values.

If you want a more extensive analysis, to know what and how they have improved, here you have it: Link

Again, I would thank you for not questioning what I comment and take advantage of the updates that are made from Abbott.It is very difficult to improve that type of algorithms and you should thank the work they do, which is only to improve our health.You speak one of computer engineering ...

The next time it would be appreciated to inform yourself about what is really saying.

Again, take the opportunity to update your sensor and greetings.

Please @davidag2000 I would like to know that knowledge of the algorithm since I also analyze and develop applications;).

" thanking the work they do, which is only to improve our health ."Remember also that it is not an NGO, for them health is money that we pay users.What improves life?Yes but we must not forget that small detail.

marine's profile photo
marine
04/17/2020 8:56 a.m.

marine said:
davidag2000 said:

I inform you that I have seen with which population and how the algorithm have improved.I also tell you that it is normal for you to ever give you the same (the algorithms can coincide), but that will not always happen.

Its algorithm is based on AI, which is a technology that is changing the world, and is evolving very fast.Taking advantage of this, and thanks to analysis performed from Abbott through AI, they have improved the algorithm and that is what they have updated.

The improvement in the algorithm is an improvement in precision and yes, it is not a marketing thing, as you think.It is real.

In fact, when I called Abbott the last time because of a problem that I had with a sensor, the first thing they asked me was if I had it updated, to rule out problems about blood glucose values.

If you want a more extensive analysis, to know what and how they have improved, here you have it: Link

Again, I would thank you for not questioning what I comment and take advantage of the updates that are made from Abbott.It is very difficult to improve that type of algorithms and you should thank the work they do, which is only to improve our health.You speak one of computer engineering ...

The next time it would be appreciated to inform yourself about what is really saying.

Again, take the opportunity to update your sensor and greetings.

Please @davidag2000 I would like to know that knowledge of the algorithm since I also analyze and develop applications;).

" thanking the work they do, which is only to improve our health ."Remember also that it is not an NGO, for them health is money that we pay users.What improves life?Yes but we must not forget that small detail.

To work, I referred to the improvements of the algorithm.No one forces them to improve it and yet there they are doing it.

On the other hand, as you know, the ABBOTT algorithm is private and it is illegal to distribute it or modify it for use in apps such as XDrip+.For more information, I recommend you contact the company itself.

DavidAG2000
04/17/2020 11:53 a.m.

davidag2000 said:
marine said:
davidag2000 said:
davidag2000 said:

On the other hand, as you know, it is a private algorithm that of Abbott, and it is illegal to distribute it for use in apps such as XDrip+, or modify it.For more information, I recommend you contact the company itself.

Yes, but for your comments I understand that you have a lot of internal knowledge of Abbott.In my opinion it is not that they need to improve the algorithm ... It is that the current one is not working properly, hence it wants to understand how it is done internally.

As I have already indicated and for the explanations of the manufacturer both Via Telefónica and its website.

The trend arrows are not acting correctly.a 2mg/dl drop at minute and the arrow indicates "-& GT;"

marine's profile photo
marine
04/17/2020 12:07 p.m.

A question from ignorance, they just given me the 4 sensors that give you in Cantabria every time, but the administrative did not know if they are from 2 or 1, in the box only says the expiration date of 2021, how to differentiate them?

Greetings

xdr's profile photo
xdr
04/17/2020 2:03 p.m.

xdr said:
a question from ignorance, they just given the 4 sensors that give you in Cantabria every time, but the administrative did not know if they are from 2 or 1, in the boxIt only says the expiration date of 2021, how to differentiate them?

Greetings

DavidAG2000
04/17/2020 2:05 p.m.

From 1 then, thank you very much David

All the best

xdr's profile photo
xdr
04/17/2020 2:13 p.m.

foxandxss said:
davidag2000 said:
matt said:
matt said:
the true reason why Abbott has updated its appLibreLink at 2.4 is not the improvement of the Mard, but rather to prevent us from patching it and using xDrip ..., turning the system into a true McG ... something that for some reason, Abbott does not want to do it yet having it in hisHands ... (Everyone who wonders why, I say nothing, but I am sure).

I understand that all this could easily be thrown before a European court, since our legislation not only allows the obtaining of databases for own use, but is explicitly president to impose this option in the company's marketing company softwares ...At the end, our glycemia are ours (although we have to give them to Abbott mandatory), which is not allowed with this system, although we do allow them ...

Greetings

Hello,

I saw in the Github repo that the script downloaded the 2.4 also, but the DIFF is only valid for 2.3

>

Hi @foxandxss.I wanted to tell you that you are wrong in which XDrip values ​​are not equal to those of the reader.They are exactly the same, the issue is that XDrip makes an average every 5 minutes and that is what it shows, while the reader updates every 1 minute.If you want to see in XDRIP the measures every minute enters settings / less common settings / advanced settings for free 2 and there activates show raw Values ​​in graph.Now you will see in the graph a smaller white points over the graph.Those are the values ​​that pass the freeLink application to XDRIP (of course already with the ABBOT algorithm) and if you click on them you will see the value and you will check how exactly the same value as if you escapes with LibreLink.

Another thing is the issue of improvement in version 2.4 is true, it measures more precise in that update because it implements the temperature and pressure control (yes, the sensor carries inside these sensors).I know because I have read it from people who make the XDrip app and who has studied the internal algorithm of the app and because I have another mobile with the official version 2.4 to be able to upload the reports to LibreLink and when comparing with the 2.3 actually the readingsThey are different.Of course, I stay with XDrip long for many reasons.All the best.

etogonza's profile photo
etogonza
04/19/2020 8:21 p.m.

ethogonza said:

Hi @foxandxss.I wanted to tell you that you are wrong in which XDrip values ​​are not equal to those of the reader.They are exactly the same, the issue is that XDrip makes an average every 5 minutes and that is what it shows, while the reader updates every 1 minute.If you want to see in XDRIP the measures every minute enters settings / less common settings / advanced settings for free 2 and there activates show raw Values ​​in graph.Now you will see in the graph a smaller white points over the graph.Those are the values ​​that pass the freeLink application to XDRIP (of course already with the ABBOT algorithm) and if you click on them you will see the value and you will check how exactly the same value as if you escapes with LibreLink.

Another thing is the issue of improvement in version 2.4 is true, it measures more precise in that update because it implements the temperature and pressure control (yes, the sensor carries inside these sensors).I know because I have read it from people who make the XDrip app and who has studied the internal algorithm of the app and because I have another mobile with the official version 2.4 to be able to upload the reports to LibreLink and when comparing with the 2.3 actually the readingsThey are different.Of course, I stay with XDrip long for many reasons.Greetings.

Interesting.I'm going to look at that option.

About what you say from another phone with 2.4 ... can I with another phone and 2.4 Read the sensor without annoying the one with 2.3 Pathers and XDRIP?

And since we are .. we are not at all happy, sometimes (especially at night) stops updating unless the mobile passes through the sensor.And of course, 7-8 hours without updates do not grind.It is supposed to be due to alarm issues, but everything is supposedly fine, removed battery savings and things like that.

Foxandxss's profile photo
Foxandxss
04/19/2020 8:27 p.m.

Interesting.I'm going to look at that option.

About what you say from another phone with 2.4 ... can I with another phone and 2.4 Read the sensor without annoying the one with 2.3 Pathers and XDRIP?

And since we are .. we are not at all happy, sometimes (especially at night) stops updating unless the mobile passes through the sensor.And of course, 7-8 hours without updates do not grind.It is supposed to be due to alarm issues, but everything is supposedly fine, removed battery savings and things like that.

Without problem, you can scan with a second mobile that has an official FreeLink 2.4 without damaging the sensor ... Thus, in addition to obtaining perhaps more accurate reading, you also go up to Abbott's servers the information for subsequent consultation by your endo ...

As for the disconnections, it is difficult for the patching app to fail, it is very stable and reconnects almost immediately .., therefore, I would recommend that you check that you have the system ready, that is, that the concrete apps (XDRIP andpatch), have all the permits granted (mobile adjustments, applications), which always are in the background (put the lock), which do not have activated battery optimization, etc ....
And on the other hand, it controls that you have the parameters well placed as when you activated the sensor (date and time of the mobile in automatic, GPS and location activated, activated notifications, minimum establish an alarm, NFC and Bluetooth activated)

Luck

matt's profile photo
matt
04/20/2020 4:15 p.m.

txitxo said:
@ruthbia seems that das has understood that if you update the glucometer, you will not be able to use the free 1. I have not yet used any free sensor 2, but I have updatedThe reader at 2.4.8 through the program and I am using the free sensor 1 without problems together with the application of the mobile that is also updated to 2.4.0.5417.

I am also using both versions (reader and free) that you comment with the free 1. In addition also use XDrip with Miao Miao and without problem.

I also make another note of something that you commented that the first thing they ask you now when you call Abbott is if you have had to correct because of a wrong measure.I point out that this question has always been asked from the beginning (before free2 or software improvements) when you called for a problem with the sensor you were using.I have been using Freestyle 3 years and is a questionnaire that they have as a protocol to document the sensor you have to send for your study.

Greetings.

Anikadm's profile photo
Anikadm
04/20/2020 5:54 p.m.

Very good!!

andresbarcelo's profile photo
andresbarcelo
04/23/2020 5:48 a.m.

Wow Cock!
I have started my first free 2 and does not work with Glimp.
Free 2 gives me a difference of 60mg/dl which has not given me free 1 in almost 4 years.
I am going to try another app from those that you suggest, I do not need alarms just to be able to calibrate with the capillaries.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/30/2020 10:01 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
go chasco!
I have started my first free 2 and does not work with Glimp.
Free 2 gives me a difference of 60mg/dl which has not given me free 1 in almost 4 years.
I am going to try another app from those that you suggest, I do not need alarms just to be able to calibrate with the capillaries.

I just put on the first free 2 and I need to calibrate, if you find out how to do it, please warn

You know if I change mobile can you continue scanning values ​​of the old sensor with the new mobile?I remember, 3 years ago, with free 1 if I could

fer123's profile photo
fer123
08/23/2020 6:43 p.m.

hello good!I am new here ... my mother how much information, so the first thing is ... thanks to all the people you share here your knowledge.

I wanted to ask you a question, until now I have been financed the free freestyle 1, but the last time they already gave me the 2, but without the new reader.:/

I have a mobile that is a potato, without NFC and I want to buy one with NFC, necessary to use the app and receive alarms (I think I understood this of my talk with the operator: without mobile with NFC and without reader 2 the new sensor makesThe same as the old one) and by step 5g because teleworking from many places and I am interested in improving connectivity

I have no idea of ​​technology, I have looked at the Xiaomi little f2 pro and the network my note 9 ... I don't want to spend much on the phone.I have gotten into the sensor page on the list of compatible mobiles and Xiaomi doesn't come.

Do you know if they are not compatible with the application? Or do that list update it from year to year ...?

I would appreciate any help, I would not like to change your mobile, especially to be able to use it with the free freestyle sensor 2 and then it does not serve me.

Thank you very much

aurorasweet's profile photo
aurorasweet
10/20/2020 7:28 p.m.

Good to everyone!
With the idea of ​​unifying the freestyle themes that begin to take weight, we will close this thread and you can continue talking and complaining;) of the freestyle in:

Link

Thanks for your understanding.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/22/2020 5:18 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.