{'en': 'I tell you everything about freestylelibre 2', 'es': 'Os cuento TODO sobre el FreestyleLibre 2'} Image

I tell you everything about freestylelibre 2

mama con diabetes 's profile photo   03/05/2020 9:58 a.m.

I think that alarms can work with the 2, you have to have Android 8.0 or higher or an iPhone 7.0 or higher with iOS 12.1 or higher.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/19/2020 10:56 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

meginer said:
the mobile app is already prepared for the 2, no?, or did I understand because I have the application and I have the 1, and the option of the alarms comes, only onlyWhat if you put the limits above and below tells you later that it is only prepared for 2.
But I think it only cake with the mobile, the reader is not worth the alarms, so I imagine that you put it on you have to start it with the mobile and not with the reader as in the, 1, isn't it?Blockquote>

The Android application has to be version 2.2.xx or higher, but the play store updates you without problems.
The glucometer can be updated by lowering the program from the program.EYE!!!that if you update it you can no longer use for free 1.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/19/2020 5:04 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia It seems that Das has understood that if you update the glucometer, you will not be able to use the free 1. I have not yet used any free sensor 2, but I have updated the reader at 2.4.8 through the program and I amusing the free sensor 1 without problems together with the application of the mobile that is also updated to 2.4.0.5417.

txitxo's profile photo
txitxo
03/19/2020 6:29 p.m.

I don't care Ruthbia, I don't use the reader, I use the mobile with 1 all the time.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/19/2020 11:06 p.m.

txitxo said:
@ruthbia seems that das has understood that if you update the glucometer, you will not be able to use the free 1. I have not yet used any free sensor 2, but I have updatedThe reader at 2.4.8 through the program and I am using the free sensor 1 without problems together with the application of the mobile that is also updated to 2.4.0.5417.

It's true.In fact, from Abbott they recommend updating the reader to use it with free freestyle 1, as their precision with the update increased considerably.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
03/20/2020 12:08 p.m.

Call Abbott a few days ago (because I want free 1 and they don't sell it anymore) and they explained that if I updated the glycometer for free 2, it would not work for free 1. He also told me that only the glucometers could be updated fromThe SW 2.2.xxx version (I have 2.2.13 in one that I will migrate for free 2 and 2.1.2 in another that I will not be able to update and leave for free 1)

@Davidag2000 It is not true that they increase precision.I have the glucometer without updating and measures the same as the mobile application to be updated because I have it automatic with WiFi mode in the play store.
The most reliable according to my experience is Glimp

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/20/2020 3:27 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
Call Abbott a few days ago (because I want free 1 and they no longer sell it) and they explained that if I updated the glucometer for free 2, it would not work for free 1.He also told me that only the glucometers could be updated from the SW 2.2.xxx version (I have 2.2.13 in one that I will migrate for free 2 and 2.1.2 in another that I will not be able to update and leave for free1)

@Davidag2000 It is not true that they increase precision.I have the glucometer without updating and measures the same as the mobile application to be updated because I have it automatic with WiFi mode in the play store.
The most reliable according to my experience is Glimp

Hi @ruthbia, I recommend that you do not demonstrate my comments without a base.Again, what you say is totally false.

I leave you capture its official page:

And apart, I take the opportunity to ask you a question: why do you think if they took the update for the free freestyle reader 1?

With that update increased the accuracy in free freestyle 1, and with free freestyle 2 they have improved it even more.And I do not say it, but Abbott with empirical data that they have obtained through various studies.

All the best.

DavidAG2000
03/20/2020 3:33 p.m.

Forgive @davidag2000 I do not dema what you say, and it is not false what I have commented;I show you when you want.I have also declared it to Abbott, documented and sent for analysis.Here in the forum I have put several photos demonstrating that they measure the same.

I have 2 freestyle glucometers without updating, right now I have in use the one that has SW 2.2.13 and it measures the same value as the free application that is updated (SW2.4.0.5417).And of course, quite far from the capillary measure.

I do not believe what Abbott publishes on its website and less having objective and proven facts that it is not true.The same as putting only the sensor in the arm or that the tolerance thresholds are so large that the same is worth the same as 45 if you are in an average of 100mg/dl that the operators tell you.

They advertised to hype and saucer of the SW update because their sales were lowered by running through the networks the lack of precision they have with respect to other brands.It has not improved and there are many users who say it continuously.Now if you call Call Center, the first thing they ask is if you have needed medical attention because of your flash system. Why do you think they ask?For the complaints that have open in courts around the world.

Have you seen your technical data?What group of patients have they made?What population mass have you used?how long?What variables measure?How have the algorithm "designed"?Have you tried it for functions or components?How have the HW tried?How have the SW tried?What tests have you done of HW/SW integration?What entity has it certified?
I can think of many things to ask them based on my experience and work scope.

I hope Abbott subsidizes the sensors for free.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/20/2020 3:57 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hi @ruthbia, I understand your concerns.

I inform you that I have seen with which population and how the algorithm have improved.I also tell you that it is normal for you to ever give you the same (the algorithms can coincide), but that will not always happen.

Its algorithm is based on AI, which is a technology that is changing the world, and is evolving very fast.Taking advantage of this, and thanks to analysis performed from Abbott through AI, they have improved the algorithm and that is what they have updated.

The improvement in the algorithm is an improvement in precision and yes, it is not a marketing thing, as you think.It is real.

In fact, when I called Abbott the last time because of a problem that I had with a sensor, the first thing they asked me was if I had it updated, to rule out problems about blood glucose values.

If you want a more extensive analysis, to know what and how they have improved, here you have it: Link

Again, I would thank you for not questioning what I comment and take advantage of the updates that are made from Abbott.It is very difficult to improve that type of algorithms and you should thank the work they do, which is only to improve our health.You speak one of computer engineering ...

The next time it would be appreciated to inform yourself about what is really saying.

Again, take the opportunity to update your sensor and greetings.

DavidAG2000
03/20/2020 4:14 p.m.

The page that references is not trusted;That person lives from his diabetes and that his body is a laboratory;I have seen the broth to Abbott and after two months praise them.
Pass me the medical magazine where the endocrinologist has published its results and with which European entity he has certified them.Forum where they have discussed them, protocol, etc.

I do not tell you about casual moments, I have made a Cross-Check in Excel of the data of one and the other, and coincide at 95%.I tell you more, in most cases, my glucometer if updating is closer to capillary, in 85% of the time more than free application.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/20/2020 5:54 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
the page that references is not trusted;That person lives from his diabetes and that his body is a laboratory;I have seen the broth to Abbott and after two months praise them.
Pass me the medical magazine where the endocrinologist has published its results and with which European entity he has certified them.Forum where they have discussed them, protocol, etc.

I do not tell you about casual moments, I have made a Cross-Check in Excel of the data of one and the other, and coincide at 95%.I tell you more, in most cases, my glucometer if updating is closer to capillary, in 85% of the time more than free application.

That the page is not trustworthy?Wow, what I needed to read.It is not Abbott, it is true, but although I sent you an Abbott link, you do not find them either, as you have shown before.

For your information, I have not sent you the page for you to read a particular opinion (which in fact, is an opinion of one of the greatest diabetes and technology experts applied to diabetes in Spain), but for Viesses who managed to reduce the MRDconsiderably.Do you know what the MRD is?I believe that it is not necessary or explain, but I will remind you that the minor Mard, greater precision of blood glucose.I don't think you are going to discuss the Mard figure too ...

DavidAG2000
03/20/2020 7:21 p.m.

The true reason why Abbott has updated his free app at 2.4 is not the improvement of the MRD, but rather to prevent us from patching it and using xDrip ..., turning the system into a true McG ... something that bySome reason, Abbott does not want to do it yet in his hands ... (Everyone who wonders why, I say nothing, but I have it clear).

When the 2.4 has impossible the patching (adding garbage code), this forces to stay in 2.3 if you want it to work.

With this movement, all mobile phones that do not have Android 8.0 onwards haveI would miss that I was related to making things even more difficult for DIY.

I understand that all this could easily be thrown before a European court, since our legislation not only allows the obtaining of databases for own use, but is explicitly president to impose this option in the company's marketing company softwares ...At the end, our glycemia are ours (although we have to give them to Abbott mandatory), which is not allowed with this system, although we do allow them ...

Anyway, it is an issue that gives for many discussions

Greetings

matt's profile photo
matt
03/22/2020 12:24 p.m.

The free reader 2 can be purchased in Spain, since so far you cannot, and in some countries you can buy the reader, does anyone know anything?

txitxo's profile photo
txitxo
03/24/2020 9:46 p.m.

matt said:
The true reason why Abbott has updated its freeing app at 2.4 is not the improvement of the MRD, but rather to prevent us from patching it and using xdrip ...,turning the system into a true MCG ... something that for some reason, Abbott does not want to do it yet in his hands ... (Everyone who wonders why, I don't say anything, but I have it clear).

When the 2.4 has impossible the patching (adding garbage code), this forces to stay in 2.3 if you want it to work.

With this movement, all mobile phones that do not have Android 8.0 onwards haveI would miss that I was related to making things even more difficult for DIY.

I understand that all this could easily be thrown before a European court, since our legislation not only allows obtaining databases for own use, but is explicitly president to impose this option in the company Softwares Marketers of Products ...At the end, our glycemia are ours (although we have to give them to Abbott mandatory), which is not allowed with this system, although we do allow them ...

Anyway, it is an issue that gives for many discussions

Greetings

Hello,

In spite of the modifications in the FreeLink 2.4 app, through advanced inverse engineering and hacking techniques, the app can be modified to deliver the unprocessed and processed results to XDRIP+, but it is not something that Abbott will allow, orLet it be legal.

I, having knowledge in computer science, I plan to do it when I have my free freestyle 2. I will tell you results.

And yes, a pity that does not offer it abbott ... 😥

DavidAG2000
03/25/2020 12:16 a.m.

txitxo said:
The free reader 2 can be purchased in Spain, since so far you cannot, and in some countries you can buy the reader, does anyone know anything?

Hello, in fact, now in Spain only free freestyle is sold 2 🤷

DavidAG2000
03/25/2020 12:17 a.m.

davidag2000 said:
txitxo said:
The free reader 2 can be purchased in Spain, since so far you cannot, and in some countriesYou can buy the reader, do anyone know anything?

The sensor does, but the reader does not

cgs's profile photo
cgs
03/25/2020 12:36 a.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

cgs said:
davidag2000 said:
txitxo said:
txitxo said:
the free reader 2 can be purchased in Spain, andthat until now you cannot, and in some countries you can buy the reader, does anyone know anything?

The sensor does, but the reader is not

It's true.The reader will sell it soon, as announced.I would have put it all at once, but things of Abbott and commerce ...

DavidAG2000
03/25/2020 12:41 a.m.

Hello,

In spite of the modifications in the FreeLink 2.4 app, through advanced inverse engineering and hacking techniques, the app can be modified to deliver the unprocessed and processed results to XDRIP+, but it is not something that Abbott will allow, orLet it be legal.

I, having knowledge in computer science, I plan to do it when I have my free freestyle 2. I will tell you results.

And yes, a pity that does not offer it abbott ... 😥

It will be interesting to know your advances when the case comes ..., keep us informed ...: wink:

matt's profile photo
matt
03/25/2020 11:53 p.m.

They told me in Abbot that Free 1 will stop manufacturing, but I imagine that Social Security will have bought a good roughness and that is why they are still giving the 1st. At the time they will end, they will give the 2nd patience.

patcrpt's profile photo
patcrpt
03/29/2020 8:11 p.m.

Hello!Are anyone using free sensors 2 with xiaomi?

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
04/04/2020 3:23 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.