{'en': 'Night hypoglycemia', 'es': 'Hipoglucemias nocturnas'} Image

Night hypoglycemia

biza's profile photo   01/29/2020 3:39 a.m.

marge_bouvier said:
ricki21 said:
You have to keep going down the slow until you have hypos.To overcome hypos there are glucose pills that act very fast.What has the endocrine recommended?

Nothing, he told me to do what I am doing: if I still have hypos, lower the slow 2 IU and try for 2-3 days.I started by putting 20 IU and today I have dropped to 14 IU, but I don't know if it's enough.

On the other hand, with the fast I am not able to control the high peaks.For example at breakfast, I drink coffee without sugar milk and a 100% integral bread with cheese or turkey.With that I easily reached the 200 glycemia even putting 5 UI quickly.Of course, as soon as I get up, it also lowers me, and in the middle of the morning I am already in hypoglycemia again.I am unable to maintain my graphic in horizontal.Anyway ...

If at breakfast you upload you and then you lower you very quickly is that you act before breakfast that insulin.That is fixed click before, so that you fit the maximum breakfast peak with maximum insulin action peak.The problem of that is that sometimes you get off too much before eating.I recommend that you start trying different breads and fillings until you give with what the peak fits you with insulin.
After a thousand tests (I spent like you) I saw that what is best for me is half a bun of a cereal bread of the merca with tuna and hard egg.With that I do not do peak, I usually stay between 120/140 maximum and then quite stable.
With white bread, for example, I put me in 200 and then in a while I was in hiccup.I came to half block my peak, but I had to prick an hour before.With what breakfast now, 20 minutes is enough.
I have come to the conclusion that insulin does not work for everything.There are things that cannot be eaten.For example, watermelon.Go up and down so fast that it is impossible to square it with insulin, I will have yes or yes peak and downturn.
Then other things too slow (fats) are also very difficult to control, since they take so long to climb that you don't know when you click.
This is a daily struggle ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/14/2023 3:27 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.