{'en': 'Night hypoglycemia', 'es': 'Hipoglucemias nocturnas'} Image

Night hypoglycemia

biza's profile photo   01/29/2020 3:39 a.m.

casssie said:
@ dandy the sensor being diabetic@ type 1 give you safe, do not waste time to go, you will gain peace of mind sleeping.They have to adjust the fast and lower units of the slow (if you go down so much at night is that you carry too many units of slow), staying with 210-230 is not good, nor is it the solution ... when you carry the doseSlow-appropriate you will see that you can go to sleep with 115 and you will not have hypos.

Hi @Cassie Thank you very much for everything I have learned from all your advice.
Today I have toujeo with 30 units and the hydrates now upload the glucose now comes the fast adjustment with a novorapid ... today I went for a walk with 172 glucose and threw an hour and a half and a half and a half andA good rhythm because when I get home I had it in 109, that is, the 30 Toujeo units are already using me that the blood glucose does not move so much to see tonight.
I have never come to sleep with 115 to see if I get it, with 30 from Toujeo I think it is still a lot to see if I stay with 25 and now to work with the rapid that is more complicated.
Tomorrow I will tell you to tell me if the thing is going well.
Scheme or espabilo or my HB will go to more than 7.5% and I do not want to start having any complication derived from high glycosylated hemoglobins like the last one that had 9.7% if I notice the nerves very tense and trembling but alreadyI corrected with a vitamin B complex and magnesium and a diet throws X that I am a cook.
I still have to ask for the steering wheel for the endocrine but I am waiting to see if I give at least 7% glycosylated hemoglobin.
The diet is helping me a lot and that every day I walk a lot of an hour and with your advice this promises.
Like many varied vegetables and fruits and high quality proteins and complex carbohydrates such as legumes, integral rice, quinoa..etc ... integral oats for breakfast with its nuts and an apple and yogurt that I make homemade.

dandy's profile photo
dandy
02/20/2023 10:10 p.m.

DM1 hace 7 años 18u de Toujeo y lo que venga de Novorapid 8-8-4
Hemoglobina glicosilada: 9,7% el 25/10/2022
Sin complicaciones.

@dandy: You have to go to the endocrine now !!!

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
02/21/2023 9:20 a.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

@dandy What you have to aim is how much insulin you need for x grams of HC.Write down starting glycemia, what you eat and blood glucose 2 hours later.If you can calculate the novorapid for each XG of HC.
Exercising helps the body metabolize carrier in another way and lower insulin needs.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/22/2023 8:36 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

dandy said:
I don't know how I have to ask for 3 and a half years ago that I do not appear for the endocrine consultation, but I know that if they finance it in cases of diabetis that are controlledbadly
And I have been 6 and a half years and I am not able to put it in ranges.
I have diabetes 1.
Toujeo 38
Novorapid does not use it much has given me several death scares.

Well, I don't know why I have not been given PQ for years all type 1 have them financed.Here in my community since last November they are also financed by type 2 whenever they have insulin, even if it is only the basal.
I do not know your economic situation but you can try and buy one or two and see how you are doing, you learn a lot about how your body works, what goes up more or less and learn to manage many things.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
02/22/2023 8:51 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

meginer said:
dandy said:
I do not know how I have to ask for 3 and a half years ago that I do not appear for the consultation of the endocrine,But I know that if they finance it in cases of diabetis that are controlled badly.
I have diabetes 1.
Toujeo 38

Well, I don't know why I have not been given PQ for years all type 1 have them financed.Here in my community since last November they are also financed by type 2 whenever they have insulin, even if it is only the basal.
I do not know your economic situation but you can try and buy one or two and see how you are doing, you learn a lot about how your body works, what goes up more or less and learn to manage many things.

What community were you from?

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
02/22/2023 10:28 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
meginer said:
dandy said:
dandy said:
for now I don't know how I have to ask for it3 and a half years that I do not appear for the endocrine consultation, but I know that if they finance it in cases of diabetis that are badly controlled.
I have diabetes 1.
Toujeo 38

What community were you?

Andalusia

meginer's profile photo
meginer
02/22/2023 10:35 p.m.

meginer said:
isabelbota said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
dandy said:
dandy said:
dandy said:
dandy said:
I don't know how I have to ask for 3 and a half years ago that I do not appear for the endocrine consultation, but I know that if they finance it in cases of diabetis that are badly controlled.
I have diabetes 1.
Toujeo 38

What community were you?

Andalusia

Ok, then I am going to ask, because I use slowly and quickly.I told the endo and told me to call a number to ask, that it did not depend on it.
I will call tomorrow.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
02/22/2023 10:46 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Hello, I have not yet given me the X sensors that I have not been to the endocrine for 4 years.
I had a very bad time lately since I stopped supplying insulin and well very bad ... I have beenAnd I have practically not had a diabetic school just a couple of days to learn to put the insulin and the counting of hydrates and a diet and little else, thanks @ruthbia @meginer and all the others X interest you.
I tell you that I now puncture 27 units of toujeo and novorapid 2-2-2
Now x the night I still think that glucose I will have but from 170 I already stayed in 100. I sleep much better but I think I have still lowered the slower but I will wait for the sensors. I called to ask for a steering wheel for the endocrine.
Greetings to everyone!:)

dandy's profile photo
dandy
02/26/2023 3:05 p.m.

Sin complicaciones.

@dandy great, you'll see how you are fine again.With the sensor you will sleep very quiet because it warns you.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/26/2023 9:09 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@dandy great, you will see how you are fine again.With the sensor you will sleep very quiet because it warns you.

Hello @ruthbia, how are you?
I am already with 21 units of Toujeo already sleep more quiet and of novorapid I go on the fly. But with the care of the hypoglycemia that I have already had some during the day ... the glycosylated hemoglobin I have already had to lower it a lot because the body meIt responds very well with little insulin and the truth is that almost every day I walk 60 MINS to quick march.
I want to leave the slow to 18 or less but when I have the sensors.
From here I thank everyone who has somehow participated in my learning and others. My best wishes for all
Of 38 toujeo units that I put now I put 21 and I will try to lower it more.
And I already take away the fear of the rapid which almost kills me years.
I am very happy with that

dandy's profile photo
dandy
05/02/2023 8 a.m.

Sin complicaciones.

How good @dandy congratulations !!!
The important thing is to be well, reducing toujeo you will avoid many hypos, the rapid lasts a 2.5h so it is easier to control its peaks.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/02/2023 11 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you @ruthbia I have it in 18 of toujeo and fast 8 each time as, more or less.
The worst thing that can happen to a Dabetic person is not being able to sleep at night thinking that he will not get up.
Everyone who reads this if he has nocturnal hypoglycemia because the slow one who is possibly getting a lot is looked.
A hug!: blush:

dandy's profile photo
dandy
05/12/2023 2:33 a.m.

Sin complicaciones.

@dandy: Have you already gone to the endocrine to prescribe your sensors and adjust the insulin doses?

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
05/12/2023 8:30 a.m.

ricki21 said:
@dandy: you have already gone to the endocrine to prescribe the sensors and adjust the insulin dose?

Hi @ricki21 I have for the early June, exactly I don't remember seeing if I see the letter.
I already want to catch the sensors.
Greetings!

dandy's profile photo
dandy
05/12/2023 10:29 a.m.

Sin complicaciones.

Isabelbota said:
meginer said:
dandy said:
dandy said:
for now I don't know how I have to ask for it3 and a half years that I do not appear for the endocrine consultation, but I know that if they finance it in cases of diabetis that are badly controlled.
I have diabetes 1.
Toujeo 38

What community were you?

Hi @meginer my autonomous community is Castilla and Leon.

dandy's profile photo
dandy
05/12/2023 10:42 a.m.

Sin complicaciones.

dandy said:
isabelbota said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
dandy said:
dandy said:
dandy said:
dandy said:
I don't know how I have to ask for 3 and a half years ago that I do not appear for the endocrine consultation, but I know that if they finance it in cases of diabetis that are badly controlled.
I have diabetes 1.
Toujeo 38

What community were you?

Hi @isabelBota My Autonomous Community is Castilla and Leon.

dandy's profile photo
dandy
05/12/2023 10:43 a.m.

Sin complicaciones.

Hello!!!I am new, I debuted in DM1 it sentences 10 days ... I am also pregnant (19s) and this is costing me a lot.

Right now I am having many problems with the nocturnal hypos.When I'm going to sleep I am about 110 glucose but it goes down very quickly.At about 1 am I already skip the sensor for hypoglycemia to less than 65, so I eat 3 cookies and a bit, up to 90-100 at most.But 3 horns later the same thing happens to me again, and so on up to 3 times during the night ... it is impossible to rest, I am from the cookies to the bun.

I am going down the long insulin doses.When I left the hospital, I put 20, a few days later I went down to 18 IU, then 16 IU and today I have returned to 14 IU.Any recommendation that you can give me for dinners to hold me more?Or if I should change cookies for something else that better and longer aid the night hypos?

Thank you very much

marge_bouvier's profile photo
marge_bouvier
05/14/2023 9:24 a.m.

DT1 desde mayo 2023 🍭
Hipotiroidismo subclínico, normopeso, 33 años
Toujeo + Novorapid 🖊️🖍️

You have to keep going down the slow until you have hypos.To overcome hypos there are glucose pills that act very fast.What has the endocrine recommended?

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
05/14/2023 10:56 a.m.

biza said:
hello, good!

A question, what is the best way to avoid night hypoglycemia?

Thank you!

The recommendations of my endocrine when I started 8 years ago was that to bed to sleep I had to have approximate values ​​of 180, and then it depends on the rapid that you put on the dinner and slowly so that you take it into account, but with 180 IWake well in 110 or 105.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/14/2023 11:01 a.m.

ricki21 said:
you have to keep going down the slow until you have hypos.To overcome hypos there are glucose pills that act very fast.What has the endocrine recommended?

Nothing, he told me to do what I am doing: if I still have hypos, lower the slow 2 IU and try for 2-3 days.I started by putting 20 IU and today I have dropped to 14 IU, but I don't know if it's enough.

On the other hand, with the fast I am not able to control the high peaks.For example at breakfast, I drink coffee without sugar milk and a 100% integral bread with cheese or turkey.With that I easily reached the 200 glycemia even putting 5 UI quickly.Of course, as soon as I get up, it also lowers me, and in the middle of the morning I am already in hypoglycemia again.I am unable to maintain my graphic in horizontal.In the end…

marge_bouvier's profile photo
marge_bouvier
05/14/2023 11:38 a.m.

DT1 desde mayo 2023 🍭
Hipotiroidismo subclínico, normopeso, 33 años
Toujeo + Novorapid 🖊️🖍️

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.