{'en': 'Stop Labor Discrimination Public Employment', 'es': 'Stop discriminacion laboral empleo público'} Image

Stop Labor Discrimination Public Employment

Pinipon88's profile photo   09/23/2018 12:27 p.m.

Nachhetee said:
There is no discrimination to be an official.In fact there is reservation of places for disabled and we are.Another thing is that for certain professions access to these places is limited, for obvious reasons.We are disabled and we have to assume it.Otherwise they will stop considering us as such, with all the consequences.
By the way ... I am a public employee and I accessed my place thanks to that reserve for disabled.

I totally agree with you. I am also an official and by the way of prisons and agreed like everyone else because there was no reserve of places and I understand the existing limitations in certain groups, as a police, for firefighter I am not sure and rural agent I think not that notIt is limiting.
And it is not because you are not trained is because of the theme of hypoglybemias, you could put your in danger and others. You cannot use a weapon if you can give you a low sugar downA meter or pilot a plane simolently for honesty with the other. We have a functional disability with its limitations, it has touched us and as soon as possible we accept it better, with its good parts as the advantage of the Plaza Reserve and other bad ones that we all know

begoirina7515's profile photo
begoirina7515
10/07/2018 1:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Let's see, for having diabetes, they do not give you a disability with which to access positions of official and other benefits.You have to reach 33%.

Class 3: between 25% and 49%.It requires that you had to be hospitalized for acute decompensations of your diabetes, up to three times in a year and with a duration of more than 48 hours each.

Therefore, having diabetes is not synonymous with disability.The disability will give it to you if you are with lack of control, income, complications ...

You have to individualize, each case is a world, but of course you do not have to make synonym diabetes and disability, because it is a lie.

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
10/07/2018 10:28 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

If they recognized that 33% for diabetes, as they do in many countries, the ease of contracts, both in the private and public sector, would be greater, and we would have help in life, that things are not so easy when you have toControl glucose in a job where you can't take risks of hypoglycemia.
The difficult thing is not to work as diabetic, but to have good control while working.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/08/2018 12:04 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

edited.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
10/08/2018 2:53 p.m.

edited.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
10/08/2018 3:15 p.m.

Begoirina7515 I do not understand when you say that you would work on prisons accessing without reserve of places.Diabetics are supposed to not access because they would not pass medical recognition to being an exclusive disease for that work.I have lost myself ...

JSS's profile photo
JSS
10/10/2018 5:18 p.m.

@'Maritxu22' That's why it's the fish that bites the tail.
You do not give me 33% because I am well controlled and at the same time you limit my job options because you consider that I have a risky disease.
It makes no sense and is a decrease in our fundamental rights.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/11/2018 7:18 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello everyone .This issue puts me a little nerves.There are three types of diabetes that of those who carry it very well and they believe that they have nothing and that diabetes is nothing.That of those who sink into misery for having diabetes, are sympathized by saying life is shit and I do not serve anything and the third group in which I am that we learn to live with diabetes, we assume their limitations, we take care of what we take careWe can consider challenges and if we are in our hand, we fulfill them and if we do not accept it.
You will think why this roll I am diabetic for 34 to 34 years ago diabetes was much more complicated many of you have no idea.You were a weirdo, there were no glucónetros, human insulin couldn't exercise either.They gave you nightties every two by three.My parents took me to the hospital a thousand times a lost hypoglycemic etc. .. My father got that they would give me a disability of 35 % that I appreciate I am an official and I have never missed my work for my diabetes but thanks to this “disability“ I have had moreEasy and I appreciate it since I unlike non -diabetics I have to look at my glycemia I have to watch when I drive in case I am low I have to spend part of my salary on sensors etc.And sometimes in my work they have had to put a glucosado serum or I had to stop by having a hiccup.And we cannot be firefighters, or polis, or plane pilots and you know because why can give us an asymptomatic hypo and maybe you load someone and I am not a surgeon because if it gives me a hypo in full operation, maybe they trembleHands and section the aorta unintentionally and charge the patient.Although surely some of you have never given you a hypo, lucky that you have but you are at risk of having insulin -dependent diabetes.

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
10/14/2018 4:19 p.m.

In the hospital where I pass consult there is a surgeon with type 1 diabetes, traumatologist, does not perform 12-hour operations but operates normally.- simply as data.-
As said @"Artorias" there are professions in which you cannot pretend a 5.5 6 hemoglobin and you will have to have the safety limits of 150mg/dl glycems up to be able to exercise with total security for you and for therest of citizens your work activity.- With an MCG you could do almost anything.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/15/2018 9:28 a.m.

Yaizaj@ as you explain before there were no means to properly manage the disease, and because of the difficulties it entails, it is logical to give disability.And if today a person with diabetes is not able to control in spite of everything is evident that they should give him more aid, in the form of disability or whatever helps.On the economic issue of course, MCG should be subsidized or at least.

But if there are people with type 1 diabetes who are capable of being police and they strive and are up to it, why not?

Not all people with a disease are equal, we don't determine to get into the same bag.You talk about an asymptomatic hypo .. If you eat something before doing x, and you have no fast insulin in the body, and use a slow insulin that does not have peaks like the three of example, because you are going to have a hypoglycemia, and above asymptomatic?
As they say, you cannot pretend a hem of 5.5.But if what fills you and for what you are worth and you are good is surgery, being a policeman, etc ... you can have a higher hem and enjoy life (there is only one) as you want.
It is my reflection.Each person is different.

All the best!

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
10/16/2018 1:04 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

anaisabel said:
there are positions that we cannot access, but I work for the public function and I have never had any problem.
I think we have this disease we are disabled, but if they do not give you 33%, it is not useful in an official.
Exact .. not just because you are diabetic@ you are disabled .... for that you must reach 33% as you say

maríajosé33's profile photo
maríajosé33
10/21/2018 5:10 p.m.

I think they will never recognize a disability of 33% except very specific situations.The evolution of technology, medicine goes in another direction and will not precisely give disabilities to millions of people.The idea is equality in the public function to be able to work like the rest.Ask the following question: Why do people with diabetes who debuted as an official do not pre -retire or fire?The answer is simple, they can work the same as the rest, with more control but like the rest.There will be no general disabilities.There will be equal access with diabetes.Time to time.

Pinipon88's profile photo
Pinipon88
10/21/2018 5:20 p.m.

I stay in pictures reading some comments, we are not disabled and in fact we can lead a normal life, who does not get it to look at it, because something is not doing well

diabetika1's profile photo
diabetika1
08/19/2021 11:33 p.m.

If the pictures remain too, the one who believes that it is like a non -diabetic to look at it too, because it still needs more than insulin….

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
08/20/2021 8:04 a.m.

I also see that everyone wants to be officials,, then go to construction to work ten hours or to the mine, or to cut wood for private companies, you will see what it is to work and then tell me if we are the same that the non -diabetics,, then we would surely ask for other things, because the same as one that measures 1.60 cm cannot be a policeman and will say if I do the same as the one that measures 1.90cm but it is the law and do not let him present themselves

andrespmat
08/20/2021 2:07 p.m.

It can already be opposed with diabetes.As you can see by power if you can, the same as working on works of a certain physical demand.You can request the disability that you wanted but the reality is that they will never grant it because it does not interest.Adapt or die.The same is the problem of some is the bad control and that they do not know how to manage their diabetes well.From athletes to masons with diabetes I know and keep working.

Pinipon88's profile photo
Pinipon88
08/20/2021 4:57 p.m.

It can be opposed with diabetes for many things but not for everything and not everyone is in the same situation with their illness, some will be able to perform their work and others do not, for control or problems.In addition, if a diabetes is overshadowed in those professions, you don't stop working for being.It seems unfair to me.If you are not qualified because it does not take good control or whatever it is, but even in those professions there are many positions to occupy being a police or civil guard or whatever.

Or will there be no people with diabetes working in the field, work ... are we all in offices?I started opposing before the diabetes were diagnosed, because what a grace would have made me if after so many years and before taking out the fixed square they had told me that it was not suitable for that for that reason ... but if I take it out a yearBefore diagnosing myself, nothing happens and I can continue working, I would see it absurd.There it is seen that it is not invalidating for it because if it were that you should stop working and that does not happen.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/20/2021 5:02 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

If we are going to blame the diabetics for being diabetic, bad control, not all diabetes are the same, and if there are diabetic masons, but ask them how they are and the time they leave them control, and if they have still hypos they are stillThey say goodbye toThat, if a diabetic is going to leave and it will tell you, that it is better than one that does not have diabetes, but in the forum I only read, I have many descents and I have to prick an hour before for breakfast ,,, or thisNight rectify three times with fast and there was no way to lower it ,,, hahajajaja that wonderful to be diabetic ,,, because to me that they return my life before even if it does not take care of me, that they return it to me ,,,,,,,,

andrespmat
08/20/2021 5:13 p.m.

Athletes who play basketball in wheelchair, already tell you, that does not mean that everyone has to do it, let's not compare, that comparisons are hateful ,,,,

andrespmat
08/20/2021 5:38 p.m.

From my point of view it depends.

For example, my case excluded me 15 years ago to access the CNP for suffering from daltonism and it was a tremendous stick, in fact I discovered it in the medical examination there when I got the Isihara test and confirmed it by appointment with a private doctor.

The difference is that my daltonism was mild, perfectly distinguish the red of green and most chromatic ranges, however, it is true that certain ranges does not distinguish them well.

The fact is that it depends, you have to graduate.The mimo that an acromata understands that cannot be a policeman, I do not believe that a person who does not distinguish the orange from the brown of clear ceases to be.Everything is not black or white, life is full of grays.

The problem with diabetes is that it is not a disease that remains the same in time, quite the opposite, it tends to get worse over the years, with age and can cause you other derived complications and there is the problem.With 25 years it can be controllable and can be very problematic with 52.

Come on, my opinion is that in these things you have to value according to the case, which they will never do in a selective process in which so many people are presented.It is easier to take away people from top to the minimum excuse.

The same to grant a disability, if the court understands that it significantly restricts your day to of course, if, if it does not restore it because it will be granted.

This and much background movie theme

Colt's profile photo
Colt
08/20/2021 5:52 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde enero 2021.
Insulina Toujeo 10 u dia, Crestor 1 u dia.
A1C: 5,7 % Agosto 2021

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.