{'en': 'Stop Labor Discrimination Public Employment', 'es': 'Stop discriminacion laboral empleo público'} Image

Stop Labor Discrimination Public Employment

Pinipon88's profile photo   09/23/2018 12:27 p.m.

Hello,

I would like to express my support for the Stop Discrimination campaign that the Spanish Diabetes Federation is doing.They are collecting signatures so that all people with type 1 diabetes can be public officials.

I would also like to face this situation and tell you 3 real cases that I have seen through the media.Their names are Pablo (he cannot be a national police), Alberto (he could not continue for prison official) and the last case I have met is José Manuel (also for police).José is doing the Camino de Santiago from Huelva to demonstrate the physical abilities of every person with diabetes.Everyone could be officials but they don't leave them.

If you know anyone else in this situation, friends, family, acquaintances etc ... It would be a good time to join them and the Federation for society to know this situation.I am sure there will be many more people, they need more cases to be known and put pressure on the current government.

I would not like my son, in the future, I would like to be an official and could not.It is unfair and we need that we all change the outdated law.

Greetings,

Pinipon88's profile photo
Pinipon88
09/23/2018 12:27 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

There is no discrimination to be an official.In fact there is reservation of places for disabled and we are.Another thing is that for certain professions access to these places is limited, for obvious reasons.We are disabled and we have to assume it.Otherwise they will stop considering us as such, with all the consequences.
By the way ... I am a public employee and I accessed my place thanks to that reserve for disabled.

Nachetee's profile photo
Nachetee
09/24/2018 9:59 p.m.

The problem is that they do not give you disabilities if you have good glucemic control.It is the fish that bites the tail

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/25/2018 7:56 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

There are positions that we cannot access, but I work for the public function and I have never had any problem.
I think we have this disease we are disabled, but if they don't give you 33%, it is not useful to present yourself in an official.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
09/25/2018 11:04 p.m.

Totally agree with you we are disabled for certain works, and I think it is common senseSaving a life will not be able, because at that time you can not take care of yourself.It is only a matter of responsibility and I understand that we all want to be the same, pro repeat common sense, thanks

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
09/30/2018 11:43 a.m.

With all my respects but this last comment I do not understand much and I explain because it turnsA sport like football with the wear and tear of my sister and with respect to the dowers my sister that this perfect state of health a few months ago is so quiet talking to me and I am dizzy and went to the ground to ask for knowledge for a few minutes a dizziness a dizzinessVasavagal of those what happens to a diabetic can pass any other person a diabetic with good glycemic control can meet any standard the physical level crystal to enter any security body or any other of the State as is the caseof diabetics that rise eighty or that satisfy the very high physical performance of an elite athlete of Real Madrid

Garci's profile photo
Garci
09/30/2018 12:02 p.m.

Humble opinion, I think what happens to a diabetic cannot happen to anyone, simply, a healthy person is not a chronic patient, but it is better to be diabetic, flat?

andrespmat
09/30/2018 1:16 p.m.

Central of Real Madrid do not save lives, in any case if failures mark you a goal but no one dies !!

andrespmat
09/30/2018 1:23 p.m.

The stress The stress The nerves greatly influence diabetes, no matter how good control that you have influences more than physical effort, I would not like to see that firefighter who will save lives and when he reaches a seventh floor they have to attend him to him, not because of the effortbut because due to the tension of the moment and the stress situation gives him a downturn, we always tend to compare the athletes with normal diabetics and the real danger situations are different. I think they are often opinions of relatives of diabetics who, howeverThat they want will never know what a diabetic of their illness knows I am DM1 diabetic from the 35 years and my life has nothing to do with the one before having diabetes, with this I do not want to offend anyone, if I had a diabetic child tooI would like it to be presented to all works, but I repeat common sense !!

andrespmat
09/30/2018 1:53 p.m.

That diabetics are disabled !!

Incredible!!
The diabetics throwing them stones against our own roof ...

I have been diabetic and I have 0% of disabilities for 22 years, diabetes as the only disease does not have a hundredth of disabilities unless it is accompanied by other diseases.Of course, I can't introduce myself to disabled positions or free square positions, but every time I read this does not surprise me at all.

They should create another category of diabetes, type 1bis diabetes for all those who create in an inclusive society and consider ourselves disabled.

Anyway, unfortunately and seen what we have seen, we have what we deserve.

Of course, for my part and that of many, all those diabetics who fight day by day with different types of challenges to achieve a more just society do not cease in the effort, for you and for all your diabetic companions.Although the diabetics type 1bis are not visible enough we will be very grateful !!

P.S.You have convinced me, I was going to go to the beach but I will walkHIP swimming I go to the other neighborhood ... although if I stay at home, the diabetic firefighter is burned, we burn the 2 !!!!

JSS's profile photo
JSS
09/30/2018 4:28 p.m.

Who goes up an eight thousand does not have stress?, Who plays a final of a EuropeStressing profession also vetoed for the in -trained diabetic trained looks at the only problem that there are in those places to the QQ do not let them compete X to Fish with diabetes is that they take two places and show up 1000 even for prison official they vetDo not throw sand in losoojos,

Garci's profile photo
Garci
09/30/2018 5:08 p.m.

By having uncomplicated diabetes they value you with a two or three disability, therefore we are disabled by having a chronic disease.This is so, you like it or not.
Another thing is whether or not we can exercise certain professions.I personally think we should not be excluded from any.

Anaisabel
09/30/2018 11:38 p.m.

Then we should be able to opt for places for disabled.
But we are in a limbo ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/01/2018 4:42 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

There is the problem, @"Regina".To the disabled places you have access if you have a 33 or more.

Anaisabel
10/01/2018 5:01 p.m.

I think that with good control you should be able to opt for all kinds of work.I also believe (I have already said on other occasions) that the posture of "sick" is very comfortable.I can't do this because I have such a disease ... Sometimes they are excuses.Obviously the effort is different from someone without diabetes.Or it is a different effort.It depends on how demanding you are.
Getting up to Everest is no joke ... or being an astronaut ... or neurocircajan@... why don't police?Prison official?Oh really?With strict control a hypo does not catch you of surprise ... and something unforeseen can always happen to everyone ... if it has to do with diabetes you can anticipate.

Greetings

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
10/01/2018 6:03 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

I think it is a problem that on the one hand has diabetics asking for disability and on the other we ask to let us access certain professions.Or one or the other but both see it incompatible.For me diabetes is not a disability.The same in some specific case is but for other things added not by diabetes.If in addition to diabetes you have other problems or the diabetes itself generates anxiety that does not let you do what the rest is because it is a disability.But by itself I don't believe it.It has never prevented me from anything and I look perfectly trained to do any work I could do if I had no Diebetes without needing to give me help or advantage of any kind.
That we have to strive more, of course, but it is not an impediment.Also the one that is less ready has to strive more than what is a genius.Or the short will have more difficulties for certain evidence than the high.
And the hypos do not see justification so that they do not let you do a job.Nonbetics can also give a decrease in tension or dizziness and are in the same as us.In addition, in our case we would already take the necessary precautions to avoid it because it is something that we already expect to happen.
As an example to me in my life has given me a hypo with loss of consciousness, I have not even become that I did not know what I was doing.I have always noticed them and I have never reached a state in which I cannot continue with what I was doing.And I have not had dizziness for other causes.Instead I have healthy friends who have been semi -unconscious due to tension drops and it happens from time to time.
In the case of aircraft pilot I can understand it a bit.Because although the risk of hiccups can be very low is irrigation and there are many lives at stake.Nor do they leave you if you wear glasses even if you see perfectly.But police, firefighter or prison officer I think it is not an impediment.Anyone who without diabetes could do the job with well -controlled diabetes can also.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
10/01/2018 6:23 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Uffffff !!!It is a very complicated topic for very specific professions for those who are already simply not having a minimum height of 1.65, you can not opt ​​for these places, it is fair .. ??Well, the people who do not reach that height will tell you that they can perform the work like someone of 1.90, a visual acuity less than a percentage is also exclusive although for this, if you have approved everything they give you the option to operate;What has been said for professions for which simply not having a certain height you are automatically outside the selective process is already sufficiently discriminatory, they are professions with very determined requirements for which it will be very difficult for the law to change for people with diabetes.- I was lucky to debut later.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/01/2018 9:30 p.m.

If it is a complicated issue but well in the end who is interested in entering and does not leave him for X because he will have to complain.The same is rethinking at some point.But well in the specific case of diabetes, asking for two things that I think are incompatible does not help to get either.But it is something that we will never agree because each one lives the Diebetes differently and according to their experiences it changes a lot as limitation sees the disease.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
10/02/2018 11:14 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Andrespmat said:
from Central del Real Madrid do not save lives, in any case if failures mark you a goal but no one dies !!

Precisely for opinions such as yours I stopped participating in this forum, since my point of view is totally contrary to the defeatism of many who feel disabled and feel to see how doors are closed that do not close to any other collective of diseases evenWorst.
I answer and disappear again.

After the ordeal of being diagnosed while pursuing my dream, I decided to continue trying that despite writing medical exclusions dozens of years ago they say that we cannot do that work, and finally I managed to access a job that many think we cannot do.Because of the little strength we do as a collective I had to hide my illness, and what I suffered for that I don't want anyone.If I had not had to hide it during the selection process and the training process would not have had a major problem, it would have taken it naturally, that it would have been normal in a civilized country.
Put some barrier to the celiac and you will see what happens, Roma burns, with the force whose collective is they give.

Now I am enjoying what was achieved without diabetes to give me a greater problem than having to prick after eating, for all other technology paid by myself that makes me not have a single hypoglycemia, always leaving the proper safety margin in theDose, what cannot be pretended is a job of physical demand and responsibility, and at the same time having hemoglobins below 6 so that the endocrine gives you palmaditas.

As @yessica_a says you cannot ask for disabilities and aid, and at the same time wanting to access all jobs.That by the way, in the oppositions in which there are physical tests there is no reservation of disabled places, so you will never be able to enter through that route or 100% disability.
I have my position clear, that each case is individualized, whether you have complications or fail to do with the control of the disease: disability and state aids;Otherwise, no barrier for absolutely nothing.

By the way, I have already saved a life, and they will give me a medal for it ... people with diabetes-t1 yes we can save lives .

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
10/02/2018 3:06 p.m.

I do not believe that any diabetic is disabled, simply the social system in which we live allows access to some advantages if you have the appropriate certificate.
Everyone chooses their option but of course if I will oppose the State, I would try to go through the disabled places to eliminate competition.But of course, with good glycemic control like mine, they don't give me any disabilities but I have to renew the driving card more frequently than when it was not diabetic.
To my supersordo father, who does not see man already very well, he goes and renews him for 5 years with 74 age.????The disgust that we take at home because there is no one who gets out of the car and sometimes it is a danger.

It seems unfair to everyone, people with good control and people with needs who do not grant it.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/03/2018 11:48 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.