{'en': 'Freestyle Freestyle Sensor does not work', 'es': 'Sensor freestyle libre 2 no funciona'} Image

Freestyle Freestyle Sensor does not work

ignaciolorenzo's profile photo   09/28/2020 3:33 p.m.

Good afternoon everyone.

My name is Ignacio, I am 36 years old and I am diabetic type 1 for almost 30 years.

For three months I am using the free freestyle sensor 2.

I expose you a topic that is happening to me with the great novelty of this sensor: the warning alarms for hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia.

Put the patch, activated the permits and the notifications, I do not know these alarms.

Nor does it appear on my device (iPhone 7 with iOS 14), in the Bluetooth, none of the "sensor" type to match.

They tell me from Abbott that if you use other devices with Bluetooth intelligent bracelet, in the car to talk with hands -free, ... even bank applications, which do not ´Iltan´ the alarms.

Waiting for your experiences and thanking your help in advance.

all the best!

ignaciolorenzo's profile photo
ignaciolorenzo
09/28/2020 3:33 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@ignaciolorenzo

I think I remember that freestylelibre, at least sensor 1, only worked with the iPhone 8 or higher.I had an iPhone6 ​​and it didn't work.I had to use Abbott's reader, but my wife with an iPhone8 could read my sensor.But maybe with sensor 2 that has changed it.

I hope I solutions!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
09/28/2020 8:25 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel

The first thank you very much for your answer.

I do not find much support to what you have commented because the sensor goes by operating system and not by terminal.I explain myself.They demand minimum an iOS (I have it updated to 14).It doesn't matter if you have the iPhone 6 while it supports the operating system.

All the best!

ignaciolorenzo
09/29/2020 12:45 p.m.

The Abbot are the cock, how will they force you to have only 1 Bluethooth device for the free to work?

I am not being able to help you because I have Android, in that case I had to put me in settings and look at the APP settings to give permission to everything.

Try there to see if you are lucky or someone from the forum that has iOS can help you.

marine's profile photo
marine
09/30/2020 11:41 a.m.

@marine

I will review it but everything was allowed ... the fact is that I have been three months and I do not find out about hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia ...

All the best!

ignaciolorenzo
09/30/2020 1:11 p.m.

Surely you have it but review the notification options for the ABBOTT app and have the sounds activated.

It also reviews the Bluetooth options and the sensor appears.I imagine that the alarms are sent by the Bluetooth sensor and the connection may be lost.

All the best

jldiazdel
09/30/2020 4 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel
I wanted to know that ... The sensor does not appear in Bluetooth ... What appears?
All the best!

ignaciolorenzo
09/30/2020 7:43 p.m.

@ignaciolorenzo

It only occurs to me that maybe the alarm system only works well with Free Style Free 2 reader and does not work well with an iPhone.

I already told you that Abbott's sensor never worked on my old iPhone6 ​​and my wife's iPhone8 worked.And both had the same operating system!.But that was free 1.

All the best

jldiazdel
09/30/2020 8:47 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I am not being able to help you.With Android they are doing well, so well that he does not stop whistling and I do not use them.
As you are scheduled at x value and are fluctuating between X-10 or x+10 continuously, it spends all day with the active alarm.
It should be scheduled to jump once when it goes up x if it is a hyper or casualty value to x if it is hip, not that it is a signs -ethy -ever every time it passes through x.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/01/2020 2:31 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia
In Bluetooth I don't have the sensor ... What appears?"Sensor"?"Freestyle"?
All the best!

ignaciolorenzo
10/02/2020 1:22 p.m.

I have not used alarms months.
I use only the NFC to measure, in the Bluetooth, in its day I did not have to do anything.I had to give the app to all the permits to read the sensor and work.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/02/2020 1:26 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Ignaciolorenzo said:
@ruthbia

In Bluetooth I don't get around the sensor ... What appears to you?"Sensor"?"Freestyle"?

Greetings!

The sensor appears in the Bluetooth (name: Abbott#ns#) but it takes a long time (3 minutes if everything goes well; keep in mind that the sensor's bluetooth is the worst thing you have seen and it is also slow).
Although you have nothing to do with the mobile;The app does everything.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
10/02/2020 9:36 p.m.

@Ruthbia

Thank you so much!Well, on my iPhone, in adjustments> Bluetooth does not appear Abbott#ns#.I'm going to call Abbott ...

All the best!

ignaciolorenzo
10/03/2020 2:34 p.m.

Hello t commented my expiration x If t can serve I have a normal samsung of 150 euros to understand us, the sensors usually do well but some have had that the alarms did not work or that the linked applications did not smoked either, I think that the problem comes because theblutuz or (or how it is written) did not detect it.With most have worked quite well

Garci's profile photo
Garci
10/04/2020 11:04 a.m.

Ignaciolorenzo said:
Good afternoon to all.

My name is Ignacio, I am 36 years old and I am diabetic type 1 for almost 30 years.For three months I am using the free freestyle sensor 2.

I expose you a topic that is happening to me with the great novelty of this sensor: the warning alarms for hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia.

Put the patch, activated the permits and the notifications, I do not know these alarms.Nor does it appear on my device (iPhone 7 with iOS 14), in the Bluetooth, none of the "sensor" type to match.

They tell me from Abbott that if you use other devices with Bluetooth intelligent bracelet, in the car to talk with hands -free, ... even bank applications, which do not ´Iltan´ the alarms.

Waiting for your experiences and thanking your help in advance, greetings!

----- 0 -----

My answer is a bit ironic, I hope I don't bother you.Welcome to the free world2.I have been diabetic for 20 years and since March I use the free2.I can tell you that from the beginning, because of a problem that I had, which was not the fault of the free2 (everything must be said), I began to review them well.And when I say that is in every sense I could and investigate.Actually any other company gets the free2 to the market and it would have taken them to withdraw them.The first months were disconnected and connected when they wanted.I have sensor records that even disappeared 5 days and then returned (I spoke of Bluetooch), others that the entire sensor failed (the famous warning of "Error attempt at 10 min") that adding the time of those failures in the 14 days arrived atbe even 3 or 4 whole days.I have to say that they have never taken off, that has been criticized by many people but it has not happened to me.By the way, those who say that the Bluetooch does not fail because the message does not come out;The message admitted by Abbott only leaves after more than 20 min of connection loss.And I don't know about you but a diabetic who wants to be sure that an apparatus can be failing 20 minutes in a row and being in hypoglycemia and not knowing it is something big.Of course the failures have evolved.Bluetooch connection failures are currently being still.But they have overcome precision failures.That I mean.Because to values ​​that even give NFC of 270 when you make a series of capillaries and is even rising by 189 (that is, neither by the delay with the capillary nor anything).And I have not seen it in a single sensor.First I paid them to me and now I am given the Spanish Social Security and I have to admit that I have seen is error in the last 5 sensors I have had (discrepancies records between 30 to 80 units; fear gives me to connect to ainsulin pump and put insulin thinking that I am in 120 and in reality this in 70 stable, registered values).I have really seen serious sensor failures in 100% of the free2.That the free1 had them, yes, but one or two.You claimed, they gave you another and solved.Currently with the free2 if you do what they give you is exactly the same.With this I do not mean that the free are bad, but the free2, yes.I have even talked to Abbott people who first denied me to record those mistakes.And then in the same conversation say "we are aware of those mistakes you have said they happen in a percentage that has made us think. But they are already fixed for free3."That is, how can they fix something they say they don't know?in which of the two lie?However, if I am a connoisseur that free3 seems to have solved the vast majority of those problems, because it is not based on the free2 (something reasonable for the change of size and technology).

What I want to tell you, calm gives connection problems, yes.That they will say that it is for other connected things, because that day it rains or doesSun, etc.Well too.But the reality is that the only free2 that work 100 % well are those that are not reviewed.However, they are a great preview that people who have no problems suffering hypoglycemia without noticing them, they are very good.But those of us who seek that point of quality of life and security, cannot trust them, today.I really hope that the free3 fulfills what they say, although what they say of them is almost the same as they said of the free2 (unless the 3 did not carry NFC)

Nosft's profile photo
Nosft
10/04/2020 4:50 p.m.

Ignaciolorenzo said:
@jldiazdel

I do not find much support to what you have commented because the sensor goes by operating system and not by terminal.I explain myself.They demand minimum an iOS (I have it updated to 14).It doesn't matter if you have the iPhone 6 while it supports the operating system.

All the best!

MISTAKE.Free needs your mobile to have the NFC reader, and that is only on the iPhone from 7. That is, 6, 6s and SE (old), although they can be updated until 14 do not read it.I had to change the know I had for that.You have to have at least 7, there is no other.All this is with the official app, with the pirates, the thing can change, especially with the Bluetooth.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
10/04/2020 5:54 p.m.

garci said:
hello t commented my expression x if t can serve I have a normal samsung of 150 euros to understand us, the sensors usually do well but some have had that the alarms did not work or that theLinked applications did not smoke either, I think the problem comes because the blutuz or (or how it is written) did not detect it.With most they have worked quite well

Thank you so much!

ignaciolorenzo
10/04/2020 10:05 p.m.

nosft said:
ignoranzo said:
good afternoon everyone.

My name is Ignacio, I am 36 years old and I am diabetic type 1 for almost 30 years.For three months I am using the free freestyle sensor 2.

Put the patch, activated the permits and the notifications, I do not know these alarms.Nor does it appear on my device (iPhone 7 with iOS 14), in the Bluetooth, none of the "sensor" type to match.

Waiting for your experiences and thanking your help in advance, greetings!

----- 0 -----

My answer is a bit ironic, I hope I don't bother you.Welcome to the free world2.I have been diabetic for 20 years and since March I use the free2.I can tell you that from the beginning, because of a problem that I had, which was not the fault of the free2 (everything must be said), I began to review them well.And when I say that is in every sense I could and investigate.Actually any other company gets the free2 to the market and it would have taken them to withdraw them.The first months were disconnected and connected when they wanted.I have sensor records that even disappeared 5 days and then returned (I spoke of Bluetooch), others that the entire sensor failed (the famous warning of "Error attempt at 10 min") that adding the time of those failures in the 14 days arrived atbe even 3 or 4 whole days.I have to say that they have never taken off, that has been criticized by many people but it has not happened to me.By the way, those who say that the Bluetooch does not fail because the message does not come out;The message admitted by Abbott only leaves after more than 20 min of connection loss.And I don't know about you but a diabetic who wants to be sure that an apparatus can be failing 20 minutes in a row and being in hypoglycemia and not knowing it is something big.Of course the failures have evolved.Bluetooch connection failures are currently being still.But they have overcome precision failures.That I mean.Because to values ​​that even give NFC of 270 when you make a series of capillaries and is even rising by 189 (that is, neither by the delay with the capillary nor anything).And I have not seen it in a single sensor.First I paid them to me and now I am given the Spanish Social Security and I have to admit that I have seen is error in the last 5 sensors I have had (discrepancies records between 30 to 80 units; fear gives me to connect to ainsulin pump and put insulin thinking that I am in 120 and in reality this in 70 stable, registered values).I have really seen serious sensor failures in 100% of the free2.That the free1 had them, yes, but one or two.You claimed, they gave you another and solved.Currently with the free2 if you do what they give you is exactly the same.With this I do not mean that the free are bad, but the free2, yes.I have even talked to Abbott people who first denied me to record those mistakes.And then in the same conversation say "we are aware of those mistakes you have said they happen in a percentage that has made us think. But they are already fixed for free3."That is, how can they fix something they say they don't know?in which of the two lie?However, if I am a connoisseur that free3 seems to have solved the vast majority of those problems, because it is not based on the free2 (something reasonable for the change of size and technology).

What I want to tell you, calm gives connection problems, yes.That they will say that it is for other thingsConnected, because that day rains or makes sun, etc.Well too.But the reality is that the only free2 that work 100 % well are those that are not reviewed.However, they are a great preview that people who have no problems suffering hypoglycemia without noticing them, they are very good.But those of us who seek that point of quality of life and security, cannot trust them, today.I really hope that the free3 fulfill what they say, although what they say of them is almost the same thing they said of the free2 (unless the 3 did not carry NFC) >

Read!Thank you so much!

ignaciolorenzo
10/04/2020 10:07 p.m.

Cristóbal Cortés said:
ignoranzo said:
@jldiazdel

All the best!

MISTAKE.Free needs your mobile to have the NFC reader, and that is only on the iPhone from 7. That is, 6, 6s and SE (old), although they can be updated until 14 do not read it.I had to change the know I had for that.You have to have at least 7, there is no other.All this is with the official app, with the pirates, the thing can change, especially with the Bluetooth.

Read!Thank you so much!

ignaciolorenzo
10/04/2020 10:08 p.m.

How do you do what you have when you have the freshly released patch?Do you take it with the device or with the mobile?Do you have the bluetooth at that time to link?Exactly how do you do?I have to change it next Sunday night for what I will take to read, maybe I'm doing something wrong ...

Greetings and thanks in advance!

ignaciolorenzo
10/04/2020 10:14 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.