{'en': 'Bike glucose control or other sport', 'es': 'Control de glucosa en bicicleta u otro deporte'} Image

Bike glucose control or other sport

JordiV's profile photo   03/03/2021 6:40 p.m.

Hello colleagues.

I explain my doubts about the initial topic.
I have type 1 diabetes 36 years ago, and I have already gone through free freestyle 1 and now I carry in 2 (by the way it fails a lot).
In the mobile I carry the freeLink app for glucose control, and that percent is very good to be able to control easily at any time, but every time I have to look at my glucose I have to take my mobile and pass it where thesensor.

For some time I usually get by BTT bicycle for 2/3 hours, and to control the blood glucose level, I have to stop, get the mobile from the backpack, control blood glucose, and put everything back in place to continue, andSo much time, since I don't have another system to see it without stopping.

I have seen that there are some watches to be able to see and control with different systems the sugar levels (Miao Miao, XDrip, PARCHADA APP, etc.) but I am not very clear which one can do well for what I need (cycling, and running).

Now I was informing myself of the Miao system, but I see it a very bulky device, and perhaps difficult to put and remove at each output.

What is your opinion about the written "brick"?

What watch materials and models, app, etc., would you need to go well controlled, quiet and without having to stop?

What do you advise me?

Grateful for your help.

Greetings.
;)

JordiV's profile photo
JordiV
03/03/2021 6:40 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good, Miao Miao discards because the free2 when wearing Bluetooth is not necessary.

I currently use Diabox that you don't need anything else but I don't know how to take it to a smartwatch.

Normally what I read about that is the use of XDrip.

PD: I totally agree with the free2 fails more than a fair shotgun

marine's profile photo
marine
03/03/2021 7:26 p.m.

I also use Diabox, it is an application that what it does is make continuous measures, that is, it makes free 2 a continuous meter, every minute gives you the value of blood glucose, if you put active notifications is the mobile blocking screen, you don't have to scan, just give the right button and see glycemia, if you want that value to also go to a clock, you need to make a page in Nightscout and XDRIP if you have an Android and do a few things to link the clock.I have the Miband bracelet and I am happy.There is a page on Facebook that is called Nightscout Spain, there are all kinds of information about all this.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/03/2021 8:16 p.m.

Meginer, I understand everything you say.
The problem is in the amount of app or applications needed to link the free sensor 2 with the clock.In addition "when the connections between them fail so much, I do not trust a clock and then I cannot use it for this."
It seems that with the number of athletes we are, that we cannot have a "reliable system" to control glucose while we do sports.
What a pity.

JordiV's profile photo
JordiV
03/03/2021 10:03 p.m.

jordiv said:
meginer, I understand everything you say.
The problem is in the amount of app or applications needed to link the free sensor 2 with the clock.In addition "when the connections between them fail so much, I do not trust a clock and then I cannot use it for this."
It seems that with the number of athletes we are, that we cannot have a "reliable system" to control glucose while we do sports.
What a pity.

The uncle problem is that the meter is CGM ... because of the alarm but Abbot likes Money Money.

That is why Free2 is not even ... 2 years?And there is the Free3 just around the corner.

marine's profile photo
marine
03/04/2021 9:01 a.m.

I use diabox by bike.I leave as minimum 2.5 hours.
I put my mobile in my arm with a running bracelet and active at the Diabox the alarms and voice to sing my glucose.
It is phenomenal.I have the siren alarm if it drops from 70 and you do not see how it sounds.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/04/2021 5:34 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I don't know Diabox.
And I do not finish understanding its functioning, nor this speaks.
Well, explain it?

JordiV's profile photo
JordiV
03/04/2021 6:54 p.m.

ruthbia said:
I put my mobile in my arm with a running bracelet and active at the Diabox the alarms and voice to sing my glucose.
It is phenomenal.I have the siren alarm if it drops from 70 and you do not see how it sounds.

Nucelarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

marine's profile photo
marine
03/04/2021 7:44 p.m.

ruthbia said:

But it is a scare of death, hahaha, you can put another alarm a bell etc, you can do it down

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/04/2021 9:58 p.m.

In adjustments, more alarms, local and choose the one you want, once it sounded at night the default and almost gives me a infarction

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/04/2021 10:01 p.m.

jordiv said:
I don't know diabox.
And I do not end up entering its work, nor this is what speaks.
Well, explain it?

It is difficult to explain here, get on the page of Nightscout Spain.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/04/2021 10:02 p.m.

jordiv said:
What a pity.

Everything is doing very well, nothing is disconnected, ever but it is weird.The continuous measurement is a pass and be able to see it on the clock.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/04/2021 10:04 p.m.

marine said:
jordiv said:
What a pity.

The uncle problem is that the meter is CGM ... because of the alarm but Abbot likes Money Money.

That is why Free2 is not even ... 2 years?And there is the free3 just around the corner.

Yes, when the 3 better comes, although I think it will still take to get here and more to finance it.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/04/2021 10:06 p.m.

@Jordiv
Diabox gets off the Bubble website, is a .Apk file that you keep on the mobile to install it.
Bluetooth connects to the mobile.
Configure the thresholds: low, very low, normal, high and very high blood glucose.
The alarms that one wants, not only for the thresholds, also trends and you can activate that when it measures, say glucose: Speech Readings

You can also configure whether the sound overlaps that of other mobile applications or not.

Only the Speech if I go by bike so as not to have to look at the mobile.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/05/2021 4 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@jordiv
Diabox gets off the Bubble website, is a .Apk file that you keep on the mobile to install it.
Bluetooth connects to the mobile.
Configure the thresholds: low, very low, normal, high and very high blood glucose.
The alarms that one wants, not only for the thresholds, also trends and you can activate that when it measures, say glucose: Speech Readings

You can also configure whether the sound overlaps that of other mobile applications or not.

Only the Speech if I go by bike so as not to have to look at the mobile.

Yes, it's very good, what happens is that with the clock I don't need the Speech Reading

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/05/2021 5:56 p.m.

Now I have found a way to calibrate it with capillaries.Brilliant!

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/06/2021 11:35 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
now I have found a way to calibrate it with capillaries.Great!

what are you saying !where !

marine's profile photo
marine
03/06/2021 2:53 p.m.

Yeah.You enter the srnsor icon, "details" and clicks 5 times in calibration mode, a submenu opens where you write "Godmode" (for me it is a coña of the developers) and a +appears in a fuchsia circle.

You give the save icon.

Ready

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/06/2021 9:58 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia Thank you!

marine's profile photo
marine
03/07/2021 10:12 a.m.

Hello everyonePerfect the only thing that the sensor sends data every minute to the mobile and the mobile does it every 5 minutes to the clock but it is no problem.

skiman's profile photo
skiman
03/08/2021 12:19 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.