{'en': 'Delay honeymoon', 'es': 'Retrasar la luna de miel'} Image

Delay honeymoon

smartinez's profile photo   03/12/2021 9:32 a.m.

I have been since February 2021 in what they call honeymoon.Three months after the Covid passed, the glucose was in 272 and with pills it got off.Negative antibodies but 0.90 peptide.They told me that they would need insulin in a time but they didn't know how much.Because of what mine is very slow or the covid accelerated it.Estraño case

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
10/07/2022 10:15 p.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

Damn Covid ... My son has debuted with type 1 diabetes and only 18 months of age.He had Covid, of course.There is no one to take away from my head that Covid has had something to do ... but we can't do anything, this is forever.If he comforts you already lets me click and barely complains :) On the rest I don't know anything, we are starting to learn.Cheer up!

MotherMom's profile photo
MotherMom
10/09/2022 12:36 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Mothermom every time I listen to someone who has debuted being so small I think that I shouldn't complain.Much encouragement.

smartinez
10/09/2022 10:04 a.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

Hello, I also debuted in the year 2021, in full covid, but I do not know if I passed it or not, the fact is that I am type 1 ladThe private one told me that in this way I would prolong my reserves in time and the honeymoon, the endocrine of the SS agreed and here I am putting insulin, although in a small amount, 6 of slow, abasaglar, and 2-1-1 breakfast, food and dinner.Of course lowcarb diet and exercise.
What I do not understand in many cases that I read is why they do not do antibody tests from the beginning.As they have commented, without antibodies it is not type 1. greetings and luck

Aalmu's profile photo
Aalmu
10/09/2022 8:07 p.m.

aalmu said:
Hello, I also debuted in the year 2021, in full covid, but I do not know if I passed it or not, the fact is that I am type 1 ladPrinciple, although I have a good reserve of peptides, the private endocrine told me that in this way I would prolong my reserves in time and the honeymoon, the endocrine of the SS agreed and here I am putting insulin, although in littleQuantity, 6 slow, abasaglar, and 2-1-1 breakfast, food and dinner.Of course lowcarb diet and exercise.
What I do not understand in many cases that I read is why they do not do antibody tests from the beginning.As they have commented, without antibodies it is not type 1. greetings and luck

Well, not doing tests is to save ... 😡😡😡😡
Nor will they pay from their pocket ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
10/09/2022 9:47 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Thank you very much for continuing to comment.
Much encouragement to the 18 -month -old baby family.Much encouragement and strength.
As for whether Covid causes diabetes, my endocrine said that without any doubt.You can read a lot about it.
From my humble opinion, if Covid causes a new diabetes, we will have to wait to see what its diagnosis and evolution is, which opens a door to hope
My daughter is still the same.Already 2 months without insulin and almost a month without a sensor.
The glycemia of the day are perfect, even eating hydrates.Only when awakening in the morning offers values ​​that range between 95 and 125.
Desire of heart that you all do very well.
A hug

jorge123's profile photo
jorge123
10/10/2022 1:28 p.m.

@Jorge123 is great that it is not diabetic.
In my debut they told me different endocrine that my pancreas had been attacked by my antibodies for years and as I had never been sick, with serious infections, I kept well until an urine infection of nothing, multiplied all the antibodies and the pancreas that already alreadyHe was weak .... He pat at 42.

By this I want to tell you that you are aware because you can debut more Andelante.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/11/2022 11:29 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Ufff I am reading you and I had not fallen into that of the Covid.My child debuted in August with 17 months and at home there was no covid “Q we know“ but his pediatrician and we did not settle for the diagnosis.We took August, in Seville, thus that of falling bad in August….8imaginaos The follow -up and the Paseo de Medicalos X the hospital.The analytics made weeks later and the antibodies were done last month.I do not know if it will be a coincidence but the doctor told me there is a flood of diabetics in babies this year and Covid told me nothing but now I extend xq !!!My child has no history in the family and 0 symptoms.What hurts me the most, according to doctors, it has been code before the debut and everyone said that in 1 or 2 weeks it would enter the honeymoon, and 2 months like this.With serum dilutions and syringe to put between 0.10-0.20.0.20 slow….It will seem to you a mess but they are shooting that.The same needs that I collapse….Honey lina ?????Well, the only solution that puts me is to put the bomb and it is 19 months old 😭😭😭

rachel86's profile photo
rachel86
10/12/2022 10:44 a.m.

The trigger for type 1, infections, stress, etc. is really not known.I had to ask.In my family there are no diabetics of any kind, but they told me that there are more and more cases in adults.The normal thing is in children, that's why he was called childish.

During the honeymoon little or nothing insulin is used.I was year and not long, I started from peptide C to 1.19.That year does not use fast, nothing, only slow and 8 units.
@Rachel86 I would not put any insulin to the baby, 0.5uds diluted is nothing, little by little the blood glucose lowers.When you eat,
He then plays with him to run and burn the carbohydrates.
I would expect more weeks to be clear about a guideline based on your glycemia.
A pump, sensor and others is not suitable for babies;Change pediatric/endocrine, ask for more opinions.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/12/2022 11:19 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia that thought, change doctor but I have gone to three and one paying a lot and everyone tells me exactly the same.X misfortune is click very little but it is too sensitive to everything for what literally 1 tablespoon of rice is climbed the clouds and lowers it with no insulin.X misfortune is very lazy and still does not run or play enough to burn loq.Above it is quite glutton
At night they tell me that this maximum in 180 but as I stay below 250 it does not arrive at 5 in the morning without giving it a downturn that without slow (I had to change it in the morning) and with 0.25 fast… .. so old is that it stays in 280 and goes down to 9.00h ??Esq in the hospital or admitted they did not give importance because I was fasting and they dedicate me to go down like this, but his pediatrician insists that that cannot be and I am unable to get to me in the range.
My mother, there are many people who debut without background or anything 😱

rachel86's profile photo
rachel86
10/12/2022 10:54 p.m.

@Rachel86 I didn't have a history either and I didn't have a honeymoon

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/13/2022 10:07 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

A lot of patience and a lot of encouragement.The truth is that the first months are hard and then gets better.I wish you the best of the best.
I imagine that you will be aware but just in case I mention it.
If I remember correctly, on November 11 it will be available on television platforms "The Human Trail".This documentary gets into the bowels of the clinical trials of Viacyte, which has just been acquired by VERTEX Pharmaceutics (which seem to be the closest to the solution) and is directed by a diabetic.The truth is that this path seems hopeful.Hopefully and soon a cure is, even halfway, and we all benefit us soon in some way.
The trailer is now available, as well as an interview with the director where he offers his opinion about it.You can see it on YouTube
The documentary I think can be seen in streaming paying, but in English.
Greetings and a hug to all

jorge123's profile photo
jorge123
10/13/2022 8:50 p.m.

@Jorge123 thousand thanks !!The truth that I did not know those studies because I just landed and I do not give my way to sit calm and see these things.I will look for it and as you say we trust that those advances help us and improve all this all this.
@nigiri I see that it is more often what I expected.In generations or cases.Here is cat locked up 🤦🏻‍♀️ thank you very much and many encouragement !!

rachel86's profile photo
rachel86
10/13/2022 11:48 p.m.

@Rachel86, I think you put Lantus in the morning, but if you go down so much at night, it is too slow.And if it is high after dinner, you will have to increase the quick of dinner ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/14/2022 1:32 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Jorge123 said:
much patience and a lot of encouragement.The truth is that the first months are hard and then gets better.I wish you the best of the best.
I imagine that you will be aware but just in case I mention it.
If I remember correctly, on November 11 it will be available on television platforms "The Human Trail".This documentary gets into the bowels of the clinical trials of Viacyte, which has just been acquired by VERTEX Pharmaceutics (which seem to be the closest to the solution) and is directed by a diabetic.The truth is that this path seems hopeful.Hopefully and soon a cure is, even halfway, and we all benefit us soon in some way.
The trailer is now available, as well as an interview with the director where he offers his opinion about it.You can see it on YouTube
The documentary I think can be seen in streaming paying, but in English.
Greetings and a hug to all

Thanks for recommending the documentary.I tried yesterday to see the trailer and the interview but it is in English and I do not find out.I will wait for you to translate it, JJJJ.Many encouragement to all !!!

smartinez
10/14/2022 7:27 a.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

regina said:
@rachel86, I think you put Lantus in the morning, but if it goes down so much at night, it is too slow.And if it is high after dinner, you will have to increase the fast from dinner ..

That is my problem @regina that I had to spend the slow in the morning because it went down too soon x the morning and when I put the fast x the night or it stays high or I put a little more and I got off thejerk.Yesterday I went from 0.25 (Q was staying in 260) and I put 0.30 and at the time after having drew it at 60 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ it is very sensitive and in the dilutions toknow what enters

rachel86's profile photo
rachel86
10/14/2022 10:22 a.m.

I have put it in another thread.The slow one does not cover 24 hours and how you put it at 7:00 am between 8:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.At the time of Picharla begins to act and lasts about 3 hours since it is injected).
I would try to put 1 unit of slow at 20:00 of reinforcement, to see how the nights are going and how it gets up at 7:00;But at 7:00 you have to put 1 unit less because you put it later.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/14/2022 11:35 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia, can last 24 hours the lantus putting it in the morning, my daughter comes to her, click on the buttock and is doing well.
I understood Raquel that he went down a lot at night and was still P borth in the morning, so he also covers him 24 hours.If so, you can't increase slow, it would come down even more.
In such young children the most important thing is to avoid hypos .., I don't know if the bomb will do better.
As soon as they grow and take weight, insulin doses are controlled.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/14/2022 7:24 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Regina I have understood that the nights are very high when it ends in effect of the rapid and that the time of Lantus for the night hypos.
The rapid acts in the short term, without metabolizing the food and enters hiccups if the dose rises.

You should ask the endocrine whether or not to leave the basal.And if this always happens or was a specific fact.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/14/2022 10:01 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Sorry and thank you.What happens to the child esq with the quick of the night stays in 230/270 and goes down slowly but always gives him the downturn at 6. If by chance I put the fast ones, it is lower and better but better butThe downturn hits me before.You can see that it can't stand more than 5/6h without eating.
I asked the doctors X to leave the slow in two as you tell me but they refer me at all times to wait for the bomb x the sensitivity of the child.It gives me the feeling that at the time of the food no longer left but if I upload a little more x little that they give it hypos in a row before noon.
For the day it is relatively "good."It is from the snack and dinner what begins to get out of all.
In the snack before I click anything, or giving him fruit but now he shoots me.I put 0.20 quickly or less and at the time I already enters hiccups.If I don't put anything on me, he shoots me but dinner goes to 130 or so.
To what point it is bad that the fruit x example rises to 270 without clicking if the dinner arrives well ???? It goes up but then lowers him.There is not 3h high….
X That same reason I say that the only way that I hold x night is whether I stay high
What despair😭😭😭

rachel86's profile photo
rachel86
10/14/2022 11:38 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.