{'en': 'Delay honeymoon', 'es': 'Retrasar la luna de miel'} Image

Delay honeymoon

smartinez's profile photo   03/12/2021 9:32 a.m.

From the first day my diagnosis was type 1 diabetes and I also had reservations, I do not remember how much they lasted, more than a year.I prick insulin from day one.I became very little and came to think that they had been confused, that Iluse!

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
03/14/2021 5:29 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you Anaisabel, until I do not send me to prick I have hope to be type 2 diabetes, but ... I think it will be that.

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
03/14/2021 6:20 p.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

@Smartinez for the punctures do not worry, I had panic to the needles before the debut and with 17 years I debuted and I started from the first day to click alone.They practically do not find out because the needle is very small, it is more the impression of doing so than the puncture itself, but you get used to it and in a short time you do it automatic.Try to learn about counting hydrates and how to use insulins because if it is lada it will touch you at some point, you lose your fear.To more knowledge less fear.
You can also look like the needles so you can see that they are super small and finite and you will see how you are losing fear (surely your doctor has some out there to teach you or in the health center they can teach you some).It is thinner than a pin and you can ask for the smallest of 4 or 5mm that are very short.And how it is put in areas with some fat is rare that it hurts, you usually do not even find out, you notice a small puncture for catching a nerve or something but it is a second.Don't imagine it as analysis or vaccine injections because it has nothing to do.

The Covid can be, autoimmune diseases are usually fired by stress episodes or viruses when there is already a predisposition.So it is likely that Covid was the trigger, but in the end you don't care, it could have appeared for anything else, it is no use around that.

Type 1 or Lada are detected by blood antibodies, if you have positive there is not much doubt (I don't remember names but the doctor will know how to tell you).It is an autoimmune disease, your body generates antibodies that attack the beta cells of the pancreas, in type 2 there are no antibodies.Ask the doctor what they have looked at you exactly in the analytics and if you have not made antibodies that ask you to get out of doubt.

And well I encourage that although it is an annoyance it can be carried out without problems and continue to make normal life.Of course, a lot of training is essential for good control, so take advantage before using insulin and learn everything you can.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
03/15/2021 9:10 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thanks Yésica, you are right that I should not turn it to if it has been for the Covid, it is true that I had gestational diabetes and ... sooner or later it could happen.I will ask the endocrine about the antibodies.By the way, reading your comments about the needles helps me lose my fear ☺️☺️

smartinez
03/15/2021 9:34 a.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

-

Colt's profile photo
Colt
03/15/2021 7:52 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde enero 2021.
Insulina Toujeo 10 u dia, Crestor 1 u dia.
A1C: 5,7 % Agosto 2021

Hello!!!I debut in the same way as you with 8 years, and with strict diet, manage to be without insulin for 2 more years, until I finally needed it.A professional should help you with meals to delay the use of insulin.Anyway, the reserves fall and at some point surely so it would be good for you to become familiar with the idea.Exercise is also very helpful!so that your body better receives the little insulin than your secret pancreas at this time.Good luck and calm !!

Eugenia Firus's profile photo
Eugenia Firus
03/16/2021 12:07 a.m.

Oh!!!!!That is what I was looking for !!!Someone who tells me that that can happen, that if I take care of me and exercise can delay.So far the people who have answered have given me many spirits and have taken away my fear of needles but it is true that all have been punctured insulin from the beginning.Today I go to a nutritionist, he says that if my pancreas works something can be stimulated.

smartinez
03/16/2021 8:20 a.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

Hello good.I debut in December and from the first moment I am with slow and quick insulin of that with good values ​​and you establish, then they confirmed that it was type1 diabetes and then they have already told me that I was on a honeymoon, for what I have read can lastMonths or up to a year but I am still very new in diabetes JJ I am taking advantage of this time to learn to read this forum a lot and a doubt that I have TB is to know how the honeymoon can be extended, I send you all my spirits that I am a littleequal.

cesareu's profile photo
cesareu
03/21/2021 11:37 p.m.

Thanks @Cesareu and a lot of courage tb for you.What has made me a mess is Q at the moment I do not need insulin and almost all of you have answered me from the beginning, I do not know.On April 9 I go to the endocrine again, to see what it tells me.Now I have been scared of two or three hours after breakfast to 54, 55, 59 ....

smartinez
03/22/2021 8:16 a.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

smartinez said:
hello everyone,

They just diagnoses type 1 diabetes with 42 years.

My endocrine says that I still send me insulin because I have some reservations, but very few, it is a matter of time for my pancreas to stop working.

Does anyone know how to delay the honeymoon?

All this has happened to me after passing the Covid, I do not know if someone has happened to me as me.

Thank you!

Good diabetics that we debut with 40 years or above we are not type 1, but it is the same, I debut with 49 yearps, my endocrine that is in the Investigation Commission for Diabetes in the US (private) I send me some pillsThey are called Symjardy was the first in Spain to take them in type 1 or lad diabetes, since in the US they had already been supplyTo the maximum, (your function cannot be delayed) but the pills help, in the end I remove the puncture of the mornings, which is not little and lost 11kilos.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/22/2021 8:48 a.m.

Then I am a lada guy.I wish I last a lot how little it works from the pancreas and only with pills it is enough.Thank you!!!

smartinez
03/22/2021 9:10 a.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

Hello everyone,
I am new in the forum and I wanted to share the case of my daughter in case someone can think with knowledge.
He debuted in January this year and a week we discovered that he was on a honeymoon.
In this phase I needed less insulin but it was injected basal and fast in meals.
Progressively, from the eighth month, he began not needing exogenous insulin.He has been clicking and eating properly for a month.
So much so that the endocrine has removed the sensor.
I have found a lot of information about the relationship between Covid and Diabetes.I believe that a possible Covid infection can cause diabetes, nobody knows what kind of diabetes can cause and will occur from now on.
My daughter has no antibodies that damage the pancreas (tests done in two different hospitals and 6 months apart) and the C to 3.7 peptide.
It is all very disconcerting.
If anyone knows more cases of strange SAS clients that are happening in this pandemic would be very grateful if they will comment.
Thank you very much and delighted to meet you all

jorge123's profile photo
jorge123
09/28/2022 1:36 p.m.

Excuse me, I wanted to say similar cases and not SAS clients

jorge123's profile photo
jorge123
09/28/2022 1:38 p.m.

I have no idea but I wanted to congratulate you.A joy get rid of diabetes.
I keep the doubt of whether they diagnosed it badly (I don't know what kind of diabetes they told you but type 1 without antibodies cannot be).Nor do I know the age of your daughter who will be young to be type 2.
I understand for your comments that the Covid passed and as a result came the diabetes.How was it?What symptoms did it have?
The fact is that with a C peptide of 3.7 it is perfectly normal, I would like it (I said 0.8 more than a year ago).
What you have seems miraculous for that reason I think of a bad diagnosis ...
... or an affectation of the Covid to the pancreas and then has it cured?
I already tell you that I have no idea but I'm glad to hear such good news.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
09/28/2022 2:53 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

The debut seems to be classic.
He is 12 years old and has been sports for a long time.It is thin and very strong.
We are baffled.The endocrine says that it will be honeymoon, but she had already been in honeymoon for 8 months and suddenly her pancreas has improved considerably.
As he told me, the Covid Diabetes relationship is very clear and from there, you have to wait.
I cannot assure you that my daughter had Covid, but in my house there was three months before the debut and the debut coincided with the 2 vaccines of the Covid.
We have the heart in a fist and, although it is a reason for joy, it is afraid to be happy for what can come any day ..
When they took the sensor, they trembled to his legs.
Thank you very much for responding and a big hug to all.

jorge123's profile photo
jorge123
09/28/2022 3:19 p.m.

By the way, the diagnosis is diabetes 1

jorge123's profile photo
jorge123
09/28/2022 3:20 p.m.

Jorge123 said:
By the way, the diagnosis is diabetes 1

It would be for age, because what characterizes the type1 are the antibodies.
Do not get overwhelmed by what can come because coming, anything can come to anyone.
It is a very rare case but diabetes does not reverse (only in some cases of obesity in type2 when weight is lost) so it smells more to a temporary blockade of the pancreas or something.It's so strange that I don't know how the endocrine has not sent him a thorough study to see what happened.But stay with the good and do not put yourself in what may come because as I say anything can come and worry does not fix anything, the other way around, it suffers in the present when there are no reasons.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
09/28/2022 8:49 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Mellitus I without antibodies and 12 years .... Bad diagnosis.
Massive Covid infection has altered the pancreas and once overcome, it has recovered.
We do not generate insulin diabetics, our C peptide tends to 0.

The honeymoon can be more than 1 year.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/28/2022 9:22 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you very much for commenting my case.
The endocrine has made a complete analytical but does not believe anything else because everything is correct and it is evident that his pancreas works.
Anyway, how I tell you is disconcerting.In three more months we will have the following review and make more analytical.Let's see how we get to Christmas.
Thank you very much again for answering.
My intention is to share my experience in case someone has something similar and secondly corroborates that something rare is really happening.
Let's see if some laboratory very soon takes an important step and all diabetics are free from this slavery.
Thank you very much again for your comments

jorge123's profile photo
jorge123
09/28/2022 9:26 p.m.

4 years I have been diagnosed with me and gave me 6 months of honey ... and day d today, my doctor tells me that the pancreas still works for me a little.If the moon d can be delayed, the secret is in the vegetable and the balanced diet.
Give it hard!That lettuce also has its grace

klamare's profile photo
klamare
09/28/2022 11:37 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.