{'en': 'Delay honeymoon', 'es': 'Retrasar la luna de miel'} Image

Delay honeymoon

smartinez's profile photo   03/12/2021 9:32 a.m.

Hello everyone,

They just diagnoses type 1 diabetes with 42 years.

My endocrine says that I still send me insulin because I have some reservations, but very few, it is a matter of time for my pancreas to stop working.

Does anyone know how to delay the honeymoon?

All this has happened to me after passing the Covid, I do not know if someone has happened to me as me.

Thank you!

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
03/12/2021 9:32 a.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

It is a temporary state, it cannot be delayed.

marine's profile photo
marine
03/12/2021 12:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thanks Marine for answering.It is that as I feel so good and I see that the pills keep me at good levels ..... I have not just believed that in a matter of time I will need insulin😔

smartinez
03/12/2021 1:10 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

@Smartinez

Do a lot of sport, reduce bread -type carbohydrates, pasta, rice, potatoes, juices.Control regularly and little else you can do !!

Do not worry, it has a solution thanks to insulin.That if daily life is complicated "a little" more.But we can move on.

I started later and do exactly the same as before and the same sport as before.That if a sensor is vital.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/12/2021 1:58 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Curious because what the endocrine told us went to revenge that helping reserves with insulin would last more and in fact we maximized it until 2 years

evacf's profile photo
evacf
03/12/2021 2:24 p.m.

I have not sent me insulin yet, so I still hope to be type 2 diabetes but according to her ... it is a matter of time that needs insulin.I don't know, this is a sinvivir and a sea of ​​doubts.

smartinez
03/12/2021 2:39 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

Thank you all for answering.It is appreciated being able to talk to people.This is an unknown world and I have a lot to learn.

smartinez
03/12/2021 2:40 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

@Smartinez
Have you done or sent you the tests?
I am a bit like you although I sulked me slowly in the morning and I take metformin in meals.According to my head doctor I am type 2, according to the endo, type1 (Lada, I am 52 years old and they detected this 3 months ago).I am also very well, super controlled with the treatment.The fact is that for April they do the tests and we will leave doubts about whether I am type 1 on honey or type 2.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/12/2021 2:51 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

They have made me an analytical where I suppose they will have asked for what is necessary to know the type of diabetes, I do not know if those are the tests to which you mean or there are others.The result is that I still produce some insulin but I have very few reservations although some tests still did not have them.The month that comes when I will have them all but according to my endocrine when I have few reservations, I will be type 1 and TB for my morphology, I am thin, I have no hypertension or high cholesterol.The case is that with the pills of me, I have regulated me, in the morning I usually have 96, ... 106

smartinez
03/12/2021 3:39 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

@Smartinez
Yes, I think they should be those tests.I still don't know my insulin reserves.And I am thin and with low cholesterol.I will tell you when they do them.
Anyway, do not overwhelm the future.I passed it (I suppose like everyone) fatal at the beginning.But then I thought you have to keep the good.At the moment we are controlled and that is today.The future will come and adapt to anything, like everyone else.It is a gift from the human being 😉
Of course, I take care of myself much more than before, in the account that brings me ...

isabelbota
03/12/2021 4:03 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Jo, thank you very much.It helps a lot to talk to people.On Tuesday I will go to a nutritionist so that I teach me to eat well, I take much more than before.Just think that I will not eat suchard or donets ..... 😭😭😭.But I know there are worse things and I'm assimilating it

smartinez
03/12/2021 4:10 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

@Smartinez
I was addicted to sugar, that's why my doctor (even me) thinks that I can be type 2 and have exhausted my pancreas.But when you have to leave things, they leave.I already tell you, we adapt to everything.
Now from time to time it gives me a bass and I eat some jelly and enjoy them as if there was no tomorrow 😂😂😂
And I think that everything I have eaten these years, enjoyed.

The forum has helped me a lot, much more than doctors.Because he who lives it is the one who really knows how things are going.Go here whenever you need and you'll see how everything is going well.😘😘

isabelbota
03/12/2021 4:38 p.m.

A glucose low, I mean 😉

isabelbota
03/12/2021 4:39 p.m.

Wow, like me.42 years, reserves and peptide C above 1. In the end of age by age, but it is Mellitus 1.
The reserve has lasted me about 5 years.I still generate a little but basal insulin use from the debut and a year I started with insulin in the meals, 1 unit and then a little more.Now 4 units or 6 according to the feast 😀

Don't scare.Thanks to insulin we can eat what we want, with pills it costs a lot to have good control.There are people who know how to accommodate insulin to sweets and do not deprive themselves of anything.

Life changes a bit but we do everything: sports, work, travel, etc. without problems.Of course, we are quasinutritionist.

At the moment I imagine that they will not include you in the Abbott's flash system, if you can afford it, buy the sensors.You will learn to know your body and how foods affect you.I bought it to the year of debut and it has been a good investment.

I encourage, here we are here to help and comfort ourselves.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/12/2021 5:37 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

But ..... were 5 years of insulin reserves?Did you take pills?Can that happen to me?Joo, if so ........

smartinez
03/12/2021 5:59 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

No, no ... basal insulin every night from the debut.And fast insulin from 160mg/dl before meals, but the first year I arrived with 100 or less and I did not need.
The endocrine that is considered a honeymoon the reserve time is considered because little insulin is used and the C peptide does not give 0. (It is the "meter" of the reserve)
Now I have 0.44 and the minimum is 0.81.Geno very few insulin 6 years later, but I use very little exogenous insulin (Basal 14 and between 4-6 at meals)

Do not be afraid of insulin, it is much better than the pills and it will give you a lot of autonomy to eat whatever you want.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/12/2021 6:25 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, if it panic.The prick gives me dread but I hear you all and ... I take away my fear 😊

smartinez
03/12/2021 7:05 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

At first it hurts because with your nerves the skin gets hard, but as soon as you learn to relax it is
blandiblAlso with 4 or 5 mm needles or find out.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/12/2021 8:41 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

To my TB I have recently diagnosed DM1 after spending a few months before the covid.
At the beginning in the private they prescribed me metformin, which fuck my stomach.When 3 months after passing through the head doctor I received the endocrine of the SS, with the private analytics he told me to insulin.6u slow and fast according to pre -enter -end values ​​(I have barely used it) I still have some pancreatic reserve.I do not understand how with a 9 glyc and seeing blurry, they did not attend me before.In fact, the header was the one who told me that if I had private insurance, it was for the private one that was going to be faster.
At first it was reacting to insulin but the truth that my stomach thanked it, the metformin killed me and barely did anything to control levels

Trebsil's profile photo
Trebsil
03/14/2021 10:04 a.m.

I believe that Covid has had to see, surely there are more people like us.At the moment the pills do not feel bad but of course, I have not been a month.And I have the glucose controlled, today I have risen with 90 on an empty stomach.But I listen to everyone and I know that this is going to last me shortly, the pills will stop working and .... insulin to the song.Damn Covid !!!!!

smartinez
03/14/2021 12:58 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.