Onmicron and Diabetes Mellitus I

Ruthbia's profile photo   12/30/2021 6:26 p.m.

@Jmjpn, I'm glad you will recover well and keep improving.Did you get after vaccinating?Are you already diabetic when did you get you?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/17/2022 5:29 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

That of generalizing and saying that if we positive we will have a very slight, @ruthbia, it seems somewhat daring.
Each person is a world.
I am right now in my last day of quarantine and I feel quite well but the first 3 - 4 days I have had a badly badly, as if I had spent a truck above and with the saturation a bit to the limit.Pretty pulsations, 100 per minute.
I am vaccinated with Pfizer, two doses and from the third they have not told me that I save it for having caught it, they have told me that I expect a minimum month and a half to put the reinforcement dose.
Regarding glycemia, high all the time and having to correct.Today that I am on the seventh day since I took it, it seems that they begin to regulate themselves.
In short, that diabetics happens to us as non -diabetics, there will be people who pass it without symptoms, there will be people who have a bad time but recover naturally and there will be people who have to be admitted.If I have learned something after more than 30 years of diabetes, it is that 2 + 2 are not always 4 and that each body is a real world so it should not be generalized.
All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
01/18/2022 12:23 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I just read you and I hope you have been able to recover.
Now many people are seen with the symptoms that you are describing, I do not know if it really will be the OMICROM or it is the cold that we have had in autumn.
I hope we can endure this spherry

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
01/18/2022 7:28 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

My husband has tested positive for enough symptoms and for the moment I have not infected.I hope it happens soon this week: s.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/18/2022 10:10 a.m.

Courage to all who are passing the covid with symptoms or you have spent it like that.There is no other to take care of us.I have been putting the third reinforcement dose for 10 days.Hopefully everything is better, even if it is little by little.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
01/18/2022 10:20 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

@vanessa30 I had not had it in my life, moreover, I have never had a flu and at most a cold but totally bearable.What I have had these days, in my body, of course it is something totally new.
Today I have already given negative.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
01/18/2022 11:07 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

nigiri said:
@vanessa30 I have not had it in my life, it is more, it is that I have never had flu and at most a cold but totally bearable.What I have had these days, in my body, of course it is something totally new.
Today I have already given negative.

Congratulations 👏, not of course that this new strain exists as the colds are.
I am very happy that you are already better

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
01/18/2022 11:32 a.m.

I emptied three weeks ago for my profession.And yes, Nigiri, for the third dose you have to expect at least a.Mes from the remission of the symptoms.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
01/18/2022 11:32 a.m.

@nigiri I hope you are better.
I was lucky to be asymptomatic but it is true that the diabetics study the same as those that are not, that my endocrine and my family doctor told me.And this strain is mild, they say it in all news sources.I don't say it.
I am few or any vaccine since I was a child, I don't know now and I put on the 2 doses to travel, not for fear of covid or by third parties (call me insolidaria, but nobody sympathizes with me in other things and everyone looks for yourself).
My family doctor told me that passing the Covid was the best to immunize, better than vaccines, so the third dose does not see it necessary for the moment.I will trust the antivirals and the nasal that is being developed in Spain.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/20/2022 12:06 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

In the end, I have not infected, I have been with the 3 doses for a month, maybe it has something to do.
I am more afraid now than before to spread: S

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/21/2022 2:05 p.m.

I do not know if it will be worrying or not, if we are a population of risk or not, but in Spain there are approximately 10% of diabetics and those killed by COVID a 30% were diabetics, I invite you to "investigate" these figures and the motifsOn the Internet

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
01/21/2022 3:43 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Hello good morning,
I am Type 1 diabetics for more than 30 years, every year I beef against the flu and it is the best I do since a year I do not empt and picked it and did not lower a disaster from the 400 sugar, the covid also alsoI took it in December of this last year and I can also say that thanks to the vaccines you get ahead, I have the diabetes very well controlled after more than 30 years of course, and yet having passed the covid during the course of the disease the diseaseglycemia go up, if you get it well controlled there is no problem like flu

barry's profile photo
barry
01/23/2022 11:49 a.m.

alberto_13 said:

Yes, of course, diabetic elderly people with many more problems than diabetes.We all know that.

Now the mother of a friend with diabetes phlebitis that never takes care of, 78 years is admitted.He does not see for one eye, he has serious diabetic foot problems and there is no way that she takes care of or lets the children take care of and attend.As she knows several elders with similar cases.
In general, the elderly are given little before doctors and do not usually have well controlled diabetes.They do not give importance to high values.They are told that they are fine and are so happy from the consultation.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/24/2022 10:59 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well my daughter took him on Thursday of last week and how he likes to share him with his parents XD

I am by difference the worse is happening, fever that costs it to download (higher peak 38.5), chills, muscle pain and back, congestion that does not let me breathe, throat pain .... so I have beenOn Monday and the thing does not improve and xa those of 112 and the health center of mine are mild symptoms ....

I have 2 doses of Pfizer because I was missing a few days xa Fulfill the 6 months between dose xa the third.

Everyone says that omicron passes almost without symptoms xO in my case nothing is further from reality, that glycemia is not going too much, x the morning morning

Websquirtle's profile photo
Websquirtle
01/28/2022 7:28 p.m.

websirtle said:
because my daughter took it on Thursday of last week and how she likes to share it with her parents XD

I am by difference the worse is happening, fever that costs it to download (higher peak 38.5), chills, muscle pain and back, congestion that does not let me breathe, throat pain .... so I have beenOn Monday and the thing does not improve and xa those of 112 and the health center of mine are mild symptoms ....

I have 2 doses of Pfizer because I was missing a few days xa Fulfill the 6 months between dose xa the third.

Everyone says that omicron passes almost without xo symptoms in my case nothing is further from reality, that glycemia is not going too much, x fasting mornings keep me stable in the 110-120 fork>

Well, are you sure it's OMICRON?Is that you have the delta or another ...
Although most are OMICRON it can be another ...
That you get better very soon.Cheer up.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
01/28/2022 8:33 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Well, I say the Omicron for being the dominant XO sure I don't know clearly, it could be another because in theory Omicron is not so aggressive, Xo my daughter has had almost an almost asymptomatic and my wife with some cough and already, the worst has the worstgone xa mi.

Websquirtle's profile photo
Websquirtle
01/29/2022 12:31 p.m.

@Websqusquirle Men.A normal flu is that, fever and pain.
In general, the male gender is worse, women have a better immune system in the face of any disease.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/29/2022 4:57 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I have read the post, and I'm glad that those who have passed the Covid have not suffered much and have been mostly light ... the truth reassures me because I am very worried that my little girl takes it and as it is supposedly a risk group we hadStres and sequelae ... Still, I can't help continuing to have my remains of Aguona ...
Recently, in consultation with the educator, I found that I was delayed 3 times and a new educator I did not know ... I asked him and told me not to worry, that my educarra had not changed andIt would remain the same, but I was supporting it since in a short time the diabetes debuts had a lot and there were 2 new educators because ours was completely overwhelmed and did not give a coarse ... and that ??The answer it gave me: it seems that one of the side effects of the COVID is that it probates diabetes, and the pediatric debuts (I do not know what happens to adults) have increased impressively ... having 1 or 2 per week to have to have8-10 per week ... When I got home I was looking online (medical magazines) and the truth is that there are many medical articles that confirm what the educator told me ... that diabetes and Covid is aBidirectional marriage, that diabetics have more risk of infection and have a bad time and have sequelae, and that those who have passed the disease have almost triple ballots of becoming diabetics ...
In the end, they will get everyone to stay at home and do not go out even to see if it is sunny ... I do not know if it is what someone intends ... but if so, they are on their way to get it ...

Ness's profile photo
Ness
02/08/2022 midnight

Peque de 13 años
DM 1 Desde 2009 (13 meses)

ness said:
I have read the post, and I am glad that those who have passed the covid have not suffered much and has been mostly light ... the truth reassures me because it worries me a lot that I am very concerned thatMy little one takes it and as it is supposedly a risk group we would have scares and sequelae ... still, I cannot avoid having my remains of cups ...
Recently, in consultation with the educator, I found that I was delayed 3 times and a new educator I did not know ... I asked him and told me not to worry, that my educarra had not changed andIt would remain the same, but I was supporting it since in a short time the diabetes debuts had a lot and there were 2 new educators because ours was completely overwhelmed and did not give a coarse ... and that ??The answer it gave me: it seems that one of the side effects of the COVID is that it probates diabetes, and the pediatric debuts (I do not know what happens to adults) have increased impressively ... having 1 or 2 per week to have to have8-10 per week ... When I got home I was looking online (medical magazines) and the truth is that there are many medical articles that confirm what the educator told me ... that diabetes and Covid is aBidirectional marriage, that diabetics have more risk of infection and have a bad time and have sequelae, and that those who have passed the disease have almost triple ballots of becoming diabetics ...
In the end, they will get everyone to stay at home and do not go out even to see if it is sunny ... I do not know if it is what someone intends ... but if so, they are on their way to get it ...

Tremendous.
I suspect that I debuted in diabetes because of the Covid.I spent a very mild covid in September 2020, like a normal and current cold and debuted with Diabetes Lada in September 2021. I had nothing, but nothing at all since that covid.
I am 54 years old and my endocrine does not relate it to COVID, it seems that in adults it has not noticed increase in cases.My educator tells me the same as you say about children, it seems terrible to me.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
02/08/2022 1:46 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

I do not believe that Covid causes diabetes by itself but as any viral disease, it can trigger an autoimmune response that causes you type 1 diabetes (it triggered me some papers with 11 a), but for this you have to normally haveA certain predisposition, other viruses already old may hardly produce it but in this case, it is a new virus and the predisposed ones may and that is why cases in young people of type 1 have increased.
And another issue is that in the treatment of COVID are the corticosteroids, which the blood glucose rises a lot and if you are in prediabetes (now I mean type 2), because a high corticosteroid shot can trigger it.But it is not just for the Covid itself.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
02/14/2022 1:41 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.