Onmicron and Diabetes Mellitus I

Ruthbia's profile photo   12/30/2021 6:26 p.m.

ruthbia said:
@emily because it is that the common flu is a coronavirus as well and there are people who still vaccinate it and another twice.Every year they mutate and change the vaccine.
I understand that Covid is similar and that we will have vaccines for life although Pfeizer already has an antiviral and another pharmaceutical.

The diabetics were taken from the risk groups in 2020, in summer, because they saw that it was only affected by one without diabetes.
It is clear that if because of a more controlled diabetes there are derived sequelae, the covid or any other disease will take its toll.
The flu is the influenza virus, another totally different virus family.

I hope you are still asymptomatic and you generate antibodies!

anif's profile photo
anif
01/05/2022 6:50 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

The COVID-19 and the flu cause them different viruses.The COVID-19 occurs because of a new coronavirus called Sars-COV-2, while the flu is due to influenza a and B viruses.

The efficacy of the tear vaccine is around 50%

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
01/05/2022 9:12 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Sorry, the common cold wanted to say whose origin is Coronavirus too and several are caught in a winter;Not only one because they usually mutate several times and take mild according to doctors.

Yesterday I read (in international press and articles) optimistic virologists who say that from so much mutating the next strains will be less and less aggressive and others more catastrophistic (which are the ones that usually take out on the screen) saying the opposite.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/07/2022 8:51 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@emily because it is that the common flu is a coronavirus as well and there are people who still vaccinate it and another twice.Every year they mutate and change the vaccine.
I understand that Covid is similar and that we will have vaccines for life although Pfeizer already has an antiviral and another pharmaceutical.

The diabetics were taken from the risk groups in 2020, in summer, because they saw that it was only affected by one without diabetes.
It is clear that if because of a more controlled diabetes there are derived sequelae, the covid or any other disease will take its toll.

First news that they have taken us out of the risk group.

In any case, it will also depend on other health problems that join diabetes, and perhaps that is why my endocrine continues to tell me that I am at risk

Emily's profile photo
Emily
01/09/2022 1:13 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

This sixth wave, due to the collapse that is producing in primary care, is causing another jam in the diagnosis and treatment of these diseases.They are pathologies such as hypertension or diabetes, which have no cure and worsen over the years.Not only are these being infradiagnosed, but also other acute pathologies, but of great severity, such as cancer, they are not being detected in time.

There is a double lords

rosa3's profile photo
rosa3
01/09/2022 2:02 p.m.

http://www.psicotipsve.com/

I am diabetic since February 2020, the debut coinciding with the COVID-19.After a few months with insulin I improved so much that I went on to take only 850 mg metformin up to date, 100-110 fasting values.December 2021 I take the Covid again, despite double vaccine from Astra Zeneca.3 days with influenza symptoms and start the glucose to 200 on an empty stomach and 380 during the day.After visiting the hospital, I change the medication to 2 Ebymect pills a day.After 1 week I am in 150 on an empty stomach.Predictable treatment for 1 month.Already negative covid test after 14 days.This message is for those who say that diabetics does not affect us COVID more than other people.Take care and vaccinaros¡¡¡¡¡¡

Esteban61's profile photo
Esteban61
01/10/2022 9:51 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Esteban61 hyperglycemia are not symptoms of covid.Whenever you have a virus, bactercia or any other alteration, even a scare or stress will have glycemia increases.In your case, being type 2, you have more difficult to enter values, but type 1 is only a matter of putting more insulin, and this is not considered "effect" of anything.

In fact I have had hyperglycemia with Covid, so I knew it was positive and they also gathered with menstruation so a 380mg/dl is normal.They are pictures that usually pass and that no endocrine or doctor who knows some diabetes will treat you as a covid effect.

Covid symptoms and said by my non -diabetic friends and who are with Covid these days, are:
Persistent cough, fever, muscle aches, mucus, lack of oxygen, pneumonia, continuous tiredness ...

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/10/2022 12:59 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I have not said that glycemia are symptoms of Covid ..... I have only commented that diabetics affects us more than other people because it can trigger alterations of glycemic values

Esteban61's profile photo
Esteban61
01/10/2022 4:54 p.m.

We like it or not, the Covid affects us more than a healthy person and if a doctor, endocrine or whatever, says that as a normal person, ... it is a lie simply and plainly, it is a thing that is that it is that it is that it is that it is that it is that it is that it is thatThis last variant is not so lethal in general and with us either, I also repeat take care and vaccinate you

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
01/10/2022 5:05 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

@Alberto_13 That is not true at all.
I have been without symptoms with Covid and my partner that is not diabetic has had symptoms.Same nucleus, same life, similar ages .... you see.
I have other diseases that I have not had to treat.Among them respiratory.
If diseases are badly treated, including diabetes, anything can happen to you, with Covid and with any other virus or bacteria.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/10/2022 8:56 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Ok, whatever, better take care of and vaccinate

javiertierno's profile photo
javiertierno
01/10/2022 9:25 p.m.

Oh no, I have never vaccinated the common flu and I have never taken it when in my environment they were falling after another and in the office it was a continuum.
It depends on the immunological system of each.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/11/2022 2:31 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
oh no, I have never vaccinated the common flu and I have never taken it when in my environment they were falling one after another and in the office it was a continuum.

Already, you are nothing in favor of the vaccine

javiertierno
01/11/2022 3:33 p.m.

Well, let's see, it is strain, nothing has to do with the previousMore income.
This virus will be endemic, like the flu, it will live with us, but because of the characteristics of the virus, when there is mutating because there are barriers against it (such as vaccines), virulence is losing, so until one more virus stays.
That is why it will have not to be so afraid although if I respect because we carry little with him and there is still much to know.
I do believe that we have more risk than other people, especially for those who have been evolving a lot of time, it is obviously not the same 5 years 40. And then also, each person is a world and the viral load can be very different fromone person to another according to many circumstances.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
01/11/2022 6:10 p.m.

Javiertienemnero said:
ruthbia said:
oh no, I have never vaccinated myself with the common flu and I have never taken it when in my environment they were fallingOne after another and in the office it was a continuum.

Already, you are not in favor of the vaccine

I am in favor of free choice.
Everyone has the right to decide on their person.

From the common flu I will never get vaccinated, I have it very clear, I doubt that I put the third dose, I will see as future strains and new antivirals progress.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/11/2022 6:30 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

<

javiertierno
01/11/2022 6:50 p.m.

I yes flu beef.I have had the flu twice in recent years (I hadn't vaccinated me) and I ended with pneumonia on both occasions.As much as I try to control my diabetes, I know that any infection causes me disruption in glycemia and everything is complicated with amazing speed.I prefer to vaccinate myself to avoid major evils.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
01/11/2022 7:07 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

I also beef, although only since medicine is over and I started working, before a child, I never vaccinated or recommended the endocrine although they were other times.
I don't know what is a bad flu and that I have allergy and I am always coughing, I only remember once a mild flu, so I was already vaccinating.
Each one who does what he wants, obviously, by profession and for diabetes I do cattle.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
01/11/2022 8:17 p.m.

My 9 -year -old son had Covid last week, two days with a 38th fever, his perfect glycemia, and the day he no longer had a fever was an lack of control, we could not go down, although I got scared and it seemed an eternity, hardJust one day, and then well.You have the two doses of vaccines.
I without diabetes and with three doses d the vaccine (the last astrazeneca) a lot of waist pain, congestion and nothing more.
You have to take care of yourself!But despite this one sometimes is spread, as happened to us!

Danielita76's profile photo
Danielita76
01/16/2022 4:55 a.m.

Mamá de Tomás 10 años. Dt1 hace 5 años. Con Iport y free1+Bubble mini. Argentina.
Tresiba 9u y Lispro.

The only thing I can tell you is that you have been very lucky, and that if you get caught it, what they call "asymptomatic", I caught the covid and the day they entered me I do not remember anything, only in my head a sound ofAmbulance, my lady tells me that I went up the walls, I spent 21 days admitted to the hospital, of which 7 in the ICU, and my only advice is that everyone is vaccinated and not put their health and that of others, I already have 3 vaccines and if tomorrow they tell me that I put another one, I put it without hesitation for a second.
I have not been very good, because the lungs due to bilateral pneumonia have been touched and from time to time I am missing the air, otherwise diabetes gets it very well.
Greetings to all.

JMJPN's profile photo
JMJPN
01/17/2022 3:26 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.