Onmicron and Diabetes Mellitus I

Ruthbia's profile photo   12/30/2021 6:26 p.m.

Hello everyone!
I wanted to tell you that I have given positive in covid and I am asymptomatic :) Despite being diabetics and having other additional diseases, not very critical, but well, all sum.

My boy is not diabetic and has spent 2 days loose with fever of 37 and nothing else.I hit him after 15 days as a cold, in the end the viríca load has risen us 10 days later.

Now we generate natural immunity.They no longer put the third vaccine, they touched us in January and February.

Just to encourage you and that if you give positive it will be very slight.

I take advantage of happy new year

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/30/2021 6:26 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Many moods ruthbia you will overcome it super well sure and as you say generating antibodies naturally.You are telling us all as you follow, since DM1 have always painted us as a high -risk group and being controlled as your case, we do not have to have additional complications to those that any other non -diabetic person can have

javiergallardo1963's profile photo
javiergallardo1963
12/30/2021 9:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I spent last year, it is a cold nothing more

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
12/30/2021 9:49 p.m.

Well, I'm glad you're fine.And happy 2022!

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/30/2021 10:08 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Luckily you were vaccinated, you will see how you ran it well and fast, happy new year

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
12/30/2021 10:30 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Thank you, Ruthbia, you leave us quieter, my daughter will not put the third until she touches her, and still remains.
Happy year and everything improves!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/31/2021 5:14 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I have the third one, not by age but where I work, I hope that if we infect ourselves, it is as slight as it happened to you @ruthbia

HAPPY YEAR!

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/31/2021 3:37 p.m.

Many moods @ruthbia Take care of you Muuuucho !!!!

Happy year to all!

fer's profile photo
fer
01/01/2022 10:03 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I am very happy @ruthbia !!I have also had no problems, and with hardly any variations in blood glucose (for exercise and lowcarb) and was not vaccinated.: wink:

Fran_Alcantara's profile photo
Fran_Alcantara
01/02/2022 1:06 p.m.

Thank you all.
Well, quite high glycemia, it is the only symptom, but it usually happens to me from time to time so I don't know if it's because of the virus.
Wishing to make normal life already ... being at home is a bit boring.😉

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/02/2022 6:52 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
Thank you all.
Well, quite high glycemia, it is the only symptom, but it usually happens to me from time to time so I don't know if it's because of the virus.
Wishing to make normal life already ... being at home is a bit boring.😉

and symptoms?

Alberto_13
01/02/2022 9:31 p.m.

I am very happy that it is so mild, I am afraid, the truth, in addition to diabetes, very unstable when I am post surgical, I have no spleen.I am vaccinated, but with Astra Zeneca, which is of no use with an omicron ... it gives me panic,

The natural immunity, which would be logical, I do not know the truth, if so there would be no one to spread twice, but I already know of several that have been infected twice, and I do not understand.

My brother passed the Covid before the vaccines came out, had a bad time but did not enter it.It was when confinement, doctors did not go home, all on the phone, and they didn't want to go to emergency if the situation was not extremely gravity.It is type 2 diabetic, it is treated with metformin and has a very good blood glucose.They have already put the third dose of the vaccine.

Hopefully you are already immunized.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
01/02/2022 9:52 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

@Alberto_13 I have no symptoms of any kind.I have no fever, cough, muscle pain, no tiredness or mucus ... nothing at all.Nor the work leave ....
I have only had 3 days the glycemia triggered but it has already been normalized, for today, tomorrow will rise again .... the hormones ... as always.

@Emily is normal to spread several times, how many colds can be taken in a normal winter?Several, like the seasonal flu (who caught it, which is not my case, I only once in my life).
My 15 -year -old nephew took the Covid twice and both with a single day of fever and without further effects.I was not vaccinated any time.

I read that Israel is already going for the fourth vaccine for over 60 years and removes restrictions so that there are massive ónmicron contagions and generate a stronger immune community.It is not known if the next strains will be more or less aggressive.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/03/2022 8:33 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia I'm very happy that you are well.
In the end type 1 put us all in the same bag and with type 2 and it has nothing to do.Don Sacarino recently did an analysis of the scientific evidence on this subject with the studies that have been done since the beginning of the pandemic and there is no more risk of diabetes itself (in type 1).More age and diabetes are more than diabetes itself.In children and young people even if the control is not good there was no greater risk than in others without diabetes and the problem began as in the rest of the population from 50.
In type 2 the problem is that they have insulin resistance already long before they diagnose the disease and that generates a lot of inflammation in the body and that is precisely what it seems that the covid makes more serious.Many also have hypertension that is another thing that is most risky if you take the COVID.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
01/03/2022 8:39 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@Yessica_a in my last control with the endocrine (November) told me that the diabetics studied Covid as non -diabetics. Complications came according to the control of each one.
The day of my positive, my head doctor told me that it has been attending only cases of covid for weeks.All slight and none have required medication beyond paracetamol.He told me to hear like a mild cold.

On January 22 they will have 7 years that I am "official" diabetic and that day Spain was in hospital crisis for seasonal flu.They did not enter me (I had an order of admission from general medicine) in Toledo because there were no beds or corridors where to stay, in my boxes there were two boys of unconscious twenty -five with high fevers, they were deriving patients from the general hospital to paraplegics and if not Madrid.He fell in Finde with festive Friday.On Monday I went to the endocrine for the first time, of emergency, and the health center of patients with flu was crowded.Total collapse ..... and it wasn't covid.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/03/2022 8:58 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia do not know what I am glad that you are without symptoms and what reassures me for all of us

Alberto_13
01/03/2022 9:38 a.m.

How good @ruthbia, I'm glad I have taken stress symptoms.It is also good news for the rest, so we can be calmer.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
01/03/2022 9:40 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

@Ruthbia then, if you can take several times, pass it not immunizes ... and if it does not immunize, the strategy of mass infection to end the virus, nor is it supported ...

I have read that your endocrine has told you that diabetics study the disease as non -diabetics, so, according to her, we are not at high risk due to the mere fact of being diabetic ...

My endocrine does tell me that we are at high risk, that it is strict with the measures not to infect me.

I am not glad that you are infected, but it gives me peace of mind that being diabetic, you have a slight time.

Put on good soon 😘.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
01/04/2022 4:24 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

@Emily is that the common flu is a coronavirus too and there are people who still vaccinate it and twice.Every year they mutate and change the vaccine.
I understand that Covid is similar and that we will have vaccines for life although Pfeizer already has an antiviral and another pharmaceutical.

The diabetics were taken from the risk groups in 2020, in summer, because they saw that it was only affected by one without diabetes.
It is clear that if because of a more controlled diabetes there are derived sequelae, the COVID or any other disease will take its toll.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/04/2022 9:55 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Good, that you are spending without complications.To continue controlling glucose, which is the basis of everything.all the best

adrianasanz's profile photo
adrianasanz
01/05/2022 2:57 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.