{'en': 'Diabetes and Covid19 today', 'es': 'Diabetes y Covid19 a día de hoy'} Image

Diabetes and Covid19 today

Emily's profile photo   05/08/2022 3:23 a.m.

nila said:

emily said:
are now not at risk?I was looking on the Internet and everything I read said that for us it can be very serious, but of course, everything is from 2020, I found nothing about this year, which is what interests me.

I have no spleen, when they operated on the tumor of the pancreas they removed it, and I have to be very careful with the infections, I must immediately take ample spectrum antibiotics and go to the doctor, because I have no defenses, but I read that with the Covid noIt affects that I have no spleen ... that I also worried a lot, ... if now they say that we are not at risk, can I do the same as those who are not, without being afraid?That is, shouldn't I take more precautions than a non -diabetic person?

Forgive my insistence, but it is important for me.

Thanks to all s & lt; 3

To this day vulnerable and those who follow up, tests to detect, etc., are greater than 60, pregnant and immunosuppressed.It does not mean that someone who is not on that list and is infected to pass it slightly or that there are people without vaccines and the same or people with the complete pattern.What I wanted to tell you is that as they no longer consider us at risk as if you only have that because there is no info as soon as possible.

If you worry, I recommend that whatever doubts that you have sure that you can ask your head doctor, it is not necessary to tell you the endocrine, those of primary care will also be formed on the subject.

In any case, if you are not calm and if it is for any family issue, that you are forced to do something that you are not calm, do not do it.And if you go to something and you feel more comfortable, then with your FFP2 mask or whatever.

Thank you.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/10/2022 3:19 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

Hi @emily!

I passed it at the end of March, with the complete pattern of vaccines and for the first time, I spent a few days with several symptoms: headache, tiredness, congestion, cough, aphonia ... I called the health center and they told me notI needed to be there, to stay at home.

In comparison to the flu, in my case, I think I had a better time with the covid than with the flu when I have had it, after 5 or 6 days I was already practically good, so in my case, without problems.

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
05/12/2022 7:55 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Good, my son was positive in Covid, he had a dose of the vaccine.He had a fever, headache and little else, as with other viruses.

He affected glycemia, like other viruses too, he spent a few days with worse levels that we had to correct, but then everything returned to normal.

McNulty's profile photo
McNulty
05/12/2022 4:30 p.m.

Padre de un peque con Diabetes tipo 1
- Humalog Junior y Abasaglar
- Freestyle Libre 2 ( Glucose direct )

Thanks for your testimonies.:):* <3

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/12/2022 7:14 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.

Both my partner and I are happening now ... He was infected first, and then I fell.
I have had a congestion and that's it, unlike him that has been with headache practically daily.
Unlike other infections that I have had, it has barely had an impact on glycemia ... Prepandymia used to have once a year of pharyngitis and during those days my blood glucose did not fall from 200 mg/dl, but these days, nothing.

When I did the antigen test last week, the line that marks the positive, and then the control line, ws to say that I had a high viral load came out within.

morganeta's profile photo
morganeta
05/15/2022 10:39 a.m.

Diabética desde 2002
Tresiba y Fiasp

I passed it at the end of the year, with two doses placed and ready for the third.Low fever for four days, temporary loss of taste and smell (just a week), and ready.I worried so little that I didn't even take paracetamol, except for an afternoon that I had a bit of migraine.The third dose would touch me now, but I think the singer is going to be put on.

12mas37's profile photo
12mas37
05/15/2022 12:48 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

By statistics, we have many numbers to infect ourselves on the virus entry theme, by the kidneys.That said, we are as a risk group, at least in Catalonia.Before talking about something without knowledge, please, better document before.I have passed the virus having type 1, I also have the 3 vaccines and luckily, asymptomatic.

Suprunaman's profile photo
Suprunaman
05/15/2022 3:15 p.m.

The risk group theme has always been said on TV.But at the time of vaccines there has been no priority for diabetics, as well as in other groups.Here by age.
At least in Andalusia

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/15/2022 5:13 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

emily said:
hello everyone, I have a complicated and painful situation in my family, because of the covid, and I don't know how to solve it.

I have the three doses of the vaccine on, I would like to know if someone in my conditions, insulin -dependent and with all vaccines, has infected Covid lately, and how it has gone.

I will appreciate all kinds of experiences, in order to make me a composition of the situation in my head, and see what decisions I must make.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Emily, I had the Covid less than a month ago with the three given vaccine guidelines, I was 3 days in bed with some fever, general discomfort and little more a throat cough that still lasts, and according to the DRA.Something diabetes is broken down from my header since more than 16 days having descended at night and some in the afternoon, he told me to wait 10 more days if it was compensated, and if it was not so we would modify the doses of insulin, evenThat goes to the endocrine that I have for September.I take enough medications since I am without pancreas, without spleen, without vesicula I lack a piece of duodenum and a part of stomach.Let's make a kid

juanma.62's profile photo
juanma.62
05/15/2022 6:03 p.m.

morganeta said:
both my partner and I are having it now ... he spread first, and then I fell.
I have had a congestion and that's it, unlike him that has been with headache practically daily.
Unlike other infections that I have had, it has barely had an impact on glycemia ... Prepandymia used to have once a year of pharyngitis and during those days my blood glucose did not fall from 200 mg/dl, but these days, nothing.

When I did the antigen test last week, the line that marks the positive, and then the control line, ws to say that I had a high viral load were left within a few seconds.

I'm glad there is no serious, thanks for telling.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/17/2022 9:15 a.m.

12mas37 said:
I spent it at the end of the year, with two doses placed and ready for the third.Low fever for four days, temporary loss of taste and smell (just a week), and ready.I worried so little that I didn't even take paracetamol, except for an afternoon that I had a bit of migraine.The third dose would touch me now, but I think the singer is going to be put on.

I already signed because I was the same.
Thank you very much for your testimony.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/17/2022 9:16 a.m.

supraunaman said:
by statistics, we have many numbers to spread on the virus entrance theme, by the kidneys.That said, we are as a risk group, at least in Catalonia.Before talking about something without knowledge, please, better document before.I have passed the virus having type 1, I also have the 3 vaccines and luckily, asymptomatic.

I live in Barcelona, ​​and indeed, no doctor has told me not to risk, on the contrary.

And that the virus enters through the kidneys ...?

Asymptomatic What luck!

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/17/2022 9:19 a.m.

They have told us that we are at risk and have given us preference to telework while it was possible, but no priority for vaccines.So at risk, but without much intention to get us out of that state.Could it be expensive?

12mas37's profile photo
12mas37
05/17/2022 9:30 a.m.

12mas37 said:
have told us that we are at risk and have given us preference to telework while this was possible, but no priority for vaccines.So at risk, but without much intention to get us out of that state.Could it be that we are expensive?

It seems to me that yes ...

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/17/2022 10:16 a.m.

I just gave positive, for now nothing more than cough and a little headache, glycemiae well, as always.By the way I have the 3 doses

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
05/17/2022 1:10 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Go @Alberto_13, I hope I don't go to anymore!Theoretically with the 3 doses it should be mild.

Take care of yourself!

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/17/2022 1:32 p.m.

Alberto_13 said:
I just gave positive, for now nothing more than cough and a little headache, glycemiae well, as always.By the way I have the 3 doses

Take care of the countryman and that is nothing ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/17/2022 4:32 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

No concern as long as you do not pass from low fever or observe anything abnormal at the respiratory or neurological level.Most likely, you are barely wrong.And blood glucose, as with a flu.

12mas37's profile photo
12mas37
05/17/2022 5:07 p.m.

Thanks @12mas37 @isabelbota and @emily

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
05/17/2022 6:28 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

@Alberto_13 What's up fast and very slight!

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
05/19/2022 8:58 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.