{'en': 'Diabetes and Covid19 today', 'es': 'Diabetes y Covid19 a día de hoy'} Image

Diabetes and Covid19 today

Emily's profile photo   05/08/2022 3:23 a.m.

I spent three weeks ago.My boyfriend spread at work and lives with me so I infected myself.He only had cough and a little fever and no test was done until the third day and gave positive.So I already knew that I was also infected.My symptoms began the next day, strong cough, congested nose, and headache, no fever.Glycemia in rank without modifying anything my dose of insulin
(I carry CGM and bomb).I gave positive as soon as my symptoms appeared.I was only 4 days with the symptoms and then they were already disappearing very fast.I became antigens every day and there were 10 days that I gave positive.

I have to say that I am not vaccinated with Covid and that I am also transplanted of kidney for 4 months and I take immunosuppressive medication, that is, my tens are minimized and despite that my covid was milder than a flu.You shouldn't be afraid.

Selena2022's profile photo
Selena2022
08/21/2022 11:01 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

emily said:
hello everyone, I have a complicated and painful situation in my family, because of the covid, and I don't know how to solve it.

I have the three doses of the vaccine on, I would like to know if someone in my conditions, insulin -dependent and with all vaccines, has infected Covid lately, and how it has gone.

I will appreciate all kinds of experiences, in order to make me a composition of the situation in my head, and see what decisions I must make.

Thanks in advance.

Hello companion.
I am a family doctor and under my own experience I will tell you that people with complete vaccination guideline can infect covid but do not make serious illness, as I have seen throat pain of 3 days of evolution, in very few cases bronchitis that isSolve easily with medication.I am also sincere, the patient over 80 years of age with many basic pathologies (COPD or heart disease) can have a little worse, but there are very few cases.
For my part I transmit all the tranquility I can give you, yes, protize yourself.
A hug.

Lowcarb's profile photo
Lowcarb
08/21/2022 11:08 a.m.

Hijo con 6 años con DM1. Novorrapid, Lantus, FreeStyle.

Hello, I am Type 2 and I have the three vaccines, I am insulin -dependent, in July the Covid passed and all I had was a fever (38.4 ºC) one day, cough, mucus and tiredness.The solvent with paracetamol in a week and the only thing that lasted a little more was fatigue.By the way I made normal life leaving the house with a mask

PacoSan's profile photo
PacoSan
08/21/2022 8:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

regina said:
@emily, is your son better?

Hello, continue with cough, mucus, tiredness, rare feeling in the throat, and has vertigos.From time to time he has tenths of fever, but gives negative in the antigen test.The doctor saw it last Wednesday or Thursday.He has the lungs well, there is no throat infection ... so we don't know 🤷🏼‍♀️.Take paracetamol when it has tenths, and a cough syrup.

Thanks for asking.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
08/22/2022 6:13 a.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

selena2022 said:

I spent three weeks ago.My boyfriend spread at work and lives with me so I infected myself.He only had cough and a little fever and no test was done until the third day and gave positive.So I already knew that I was also infected.My symptoms began the next day, strong cough, congested nose, and headache, no fever.Glycemia in rank without modifying anything my dose of insulin
(I carry CGM and bomb).I gave positive as soon as my symptoms appeared.I was only 4 days with the symptoms and then they were already disappearing very fast.I became antigens every day and there were 10 days that I gave positive.

I have to say that I am not vaccinated with Covid and that I am also transplanted of kidney for 4 months and I take immunosuppressive medication, that is, my tens are minimized and despite that my covid was milder than a flu.You shouldn't be afraid.

Well, I consider that in your circumstances you have been very lucky, and I'm glad.Take care of yourself.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
08/22/2022 6:16 a.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.

lowcarb said:
emily said:
hello everyone, I have a complicated and painful situation in my family, because of the covid, and I don't knowHow to solve it.

I have the three doses of the vaccine on, I would like to know if someone in my conditions, insulin -dependent and with all vaccines, has infected Covid lately, and how it has gone.

I will appreciate all kinds of experiences, in order to make me a composition of the situation in my head, and see what decisions I must make.

Thanks in advance.

Hello companion.
I am a family doctor and under my own experience I will tell you that people with complete vaccination guideline can infect covid but do not make serious illness, as I have seen throat pain of 3 days of evolution, in very few cases bronchitis that isSolve easily with medication.I am also sincere, the patient over 80 years of age with many basic pathologies (COPD or heart disease) can have a little worse, but there are very few cases.
For my part I transmit all the tranquility I can give you, yes, protize yourself.
A hug.

Thank you very much 🤗

Emily's profile photo
Emily
08/22/2022 6:19 a.m.

pacosan said:
Hello, I am type 2 and I have the three vaccines, I am insulin -dependent, in July the covid passed and all I had was a fever (38.4 ºC) one day, cough, mucus and tiredness.The solvent with paracetamol in a week and the only thing that lasted a little more was fatigue.By the way I made normal life leaving the house with a mask

Thanks for your contribution 🌺

Emily's profile photo
Emily
08/22/2022 6:21 a.m.

@Emily, for the throat a propolis spray is very good, sold in pharmacies, and salt water with salt.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/22/2022 11:39 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@emily, for the throat a propolio spray is very good, sold in pharmacies, and water garfish with salt.

I'm going to see that, thanks @regina 😘

Emily's profile photo
Emily
08/23/2022 2:10 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.