{'en': 'Placement Freestyle Sensor 2', 'es': 'Colocación sensor freestyle libre 2'} Image

Placement Freestyle Sensor 2

Rogerix's profile photo   04/24/2022 11:55 p.m.

Hello,

Summer is approaching, heat and our sensors are in sight in the arm, so ...

Where do you carry them not the arm?

I have read people who wear it in my thigh and buttocks, I am interested, but where do you get exactly?

The upstream of the posterior or anterior thigh?

In the hospital they told me that in the buttocks near the ass can be put but I don't like that area, so I will opt for thigh and the front of the thigh because to sit and drive and such a sensor could be broken if I put it behind theThigh, I will use Patches of those from Amazon to resist more glued.

Thank you!

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
04/24/2022 11:55 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@ROGERIX on the thigh is very uncomfortable.I have taken it in the area of ​​the pockets of the jeans, but no, where I have it always is in the buttock.2 fingers below the elastic underwear.Alternate every 14 days side and thus avoid saturation.
The bikini or clothing covers it and holds it, I do not use additional adhesive, it does not bother to sleep for sport or at all and gives very reliable results.You just have to be careful when you get on your clothes, but I have never lost any.In the horrible arm, with the doors, bags, backpacks .... take me the first two.I have never put them on my arm again.I speak to you 6 years using them.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/25/2022 3:12 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Puff, where would it be gluteo more or less?When it comes to sitting, it is not uncomfortable?

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
04/25/2022 3:56 p.m.

2 fingers under the elastic or the waist of the pants if you carry them as a hip.
You never feel on top, it is under the lumbar.Neither do you lie on top of the abdominals for example

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/25/2022 10 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

In my arm it does not bother me at all but in summer it looks, more than anything it is so that they do not see it at work, in the street I do not care, but with short sleeve although covers it sometimes it is discovered and seenAnd more I have a very moved job, for now I will try in thigh to see how such

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
04/25/2022 11:56 p.m.

I have ever thought about putting it elsewhere, but in my arm I am doing well, none has never fallen.I reinforce it once, but the apostites that I bought do not make me very funny since they are complicated to put.
With the heat they do take off more, but 14 days have endured me.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
04/29/2022 5:42 p.m.

Well, I put it yesterday in the thigh in the front and wonderful even read it faster than in the arm and although Abbott does not say it were tested in several areas and it was the best to apply the sensor, so I can go inShort manga to the curro that was roasting me with the work sweatshirt, we are going to stand out and it seemed like a roast chicken.

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
05/02/2022 1:26 p.m.

Last summer I tried to put it in the upper gluteous area and now I will do it again because the truth is that it is very comfortable.In winter I don't care because we always carry some layer that protects it more, but when you spend the day in a shirt ... I am ducky and I have more danger of taking it with a door at least clothes, I have it proven.

In that area, in order to be careful when you get on or lower the clothes you wear, there is no more problem.It is more protected (it is rare to find a door frame in that area haha) and when you get morenit@ you do not have round of different levels of Moreno in the arms: P I also did not notice differences with the measurements with respect to carrying it in thearm.

I put it at this point (it's not my ass, I would like to have it so well placed and Morenito right now haha):

Tam's profile photo
Tam
05/02/2022 5:30 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2
Última HbA1c: 6 (Marzo 2023)

Hello, I have put it exactly there, where the photo of the non -rear of Tam: D and I am quite satisfied with the result.The measurements are going well, I do not find it up to the clothes or to sit or go to bed and, where it will stop, it is much more discreet.
In addition, in summer, when I touched my left arm, I was going to take it in full sun on the trip back home, at noon, so I suspect that a lot was going to be heated.
This is going to be my first summer with sensors, do they make a stranger when you are in the sun and get hot?Or if being very hot, do you throw yourself into the water and get cooled quickly?

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
05/03/2022 10:07 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

If it is very hot, it does not measure a very hot sensor warning.Wait 10 min, and the same if it's very cold.Years ago Likevo in the buttock, in bikini it is the most discreet

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/03/2022 4:03 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I always carry it in my arm, this is going to be my first summer with them, I have traded patches to secure it, because I so much, and the fentanyl patch does not last me 5 minutes, I have to cover it gou, so I imagine the same thing will happen to me with the sensor.

Is wearing it in the buttock is not uncomfortable to make the readings?I imagine out of home putting my mobile in the buttock to read, and it makes me strange.Not very discreet, right?

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/03/2022 4:49 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

tam said:
Last summer I tried to put it in the upper gluteo zone and now I will do it again because the truth is that it is very comfortable.In winter I don't care because we always carry some layer that protects it more, but when you spend the day in a shirt ... I am ducky and I have more danger of taking it with a door at least clothes, I have it proven.

In that area, in order to be careful when you get on or lower the clothes you wear, there is no more problem.It is more protected (it is rare to find a door frame in that area haha) and when you get morenit@ you do not have round of different levels of Moreno in the arms: P I also did not notice differences with the measurements with respect to carrying it in thearm.

I put it at this point (it's not my ass, I would like to have it so well placed and Morenito right now haha):

Here I have it too, in his day @ruthbia advised me and the truth is that much better than in my arm.

I do not like to absolutely take it in my arm, it bothers me a lot on a day -to -day basis, I do not like to be seen and tend to take off.The only thing that must be taken into account is to raise and lower the pants.

The readings are equally irregular as in the arm, there are sensors that go half well and others evil.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
05/03/2022 5:45 p.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

@Emily does not bother to sleep, sport, neither sit, sex or anything.You just have to take into account clothes, as well as in your arm.
The readings are equally indiscreet as putting the mobile in the arm, because yes.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/03/2022 10:50 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

The last sensor I have put it on the chest, the readings are practically the same when the capillary is the first time I put it in this area

I cannot say if the sensor is so accurate because it has touched a good one or because it is a good area to put it, I will continue to try more sensors to get my own conclusions

pimbri's profile photo
pimbri
05/03/2022 11:09 p.m.

DM1 desde enero 2022, 29 años
Novorapid y Lantus
A1c: 6% (Abr 2022)
Freestyle 2

emily said:
I always carry it in the arm, this will be my first summer with them, I have commented patches to secure it, because it was very much, and the fentanyl patch does not last me 5Minutes, I have to cover it with cloth scripting, that I hit strong, so I imagine the same thing will happen to me with the sensor.

Is wearing it in the buttock is not uncomfortable to make the readings?I imagine out of home putting my mobile in the buttock to read, and it makes me strange.Little discreet right?

To ensure it (when I need it, in summer more, for the heat and because so also protect it from water) use "fixomul", I recommend it very much !!

And to perform reading it is a more natural gesture than carrying it in your arm, it is as if you were going to put your mobile in the back pocket of the cowboy but in the end not: P

Tam's profile photo
Tam
05/03/2022 11:12 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2
Última HbA1c: 6 (Marzo 2023)

ruthbia said:
@emily does not bother to sleep, sport or sit, or sex or anything.You just have to take into account clothes, as well as in your arm.
The readings are equally indiscreet as putting the mobile on the arm, because yes.

Well, putting my mobile in the back seems more "weird" than putting it on the arm.I imagine on the street putting my mobile in the ass, or being in a restaurant and taking my mobile to the back, I don't know ...: D

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/04/2022 1:08 a.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.

tam said:
emily said:
I always take it in the arm, this is going to be my first summer with them, I have trained patches to secure it,Because I know a lot, and the fentanilo patch does not last 5 minutes, I have to cover it with cloth tape, that it hits strong, so I imagine the same thing will happen to me with the sensor.

Is wearing it in the buttock is not uncomfortable to make the readings?I imagine out of home putting my mobile in the buttock to read, and it makes me strange.Little discreet right?

To ensure it (when I need it, in summer more, for the heat and because so also protect it from water) use "fixomul", I recommend it very much !!

And to perform reading it is a more natural gesture than carrying it in your arm, it is as if you were going to put your mobile in the back pocket of the cowboy but in the end not: p

I take note of the "fixomul", thanks;)

Well, wearing jeans yes, but with dress or dress pants, there are no pockets, and I have the most.In summer I don't put a pants or gunpoint, I'm extremely hot :)

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/04/2022 1:17 a.m.

I go quite a lot, if not, I would not put insulin in any restaurant at the table, or in the bar of a bar with a lid.

The only thing that usually happens is that with fine pants or dresses the sensor is marked a bit, but I don't care.

@pimbri in my chest I have seen several English, the only thing that would be seen with the necklines.They said in their posts that measures very well there.I have little chicha in that area to insert it for that I have not tried yet.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/04/2022 8:14 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

emily said:
tam said:
emily said:
emily said:
I always carry it in the arm, this will beMy first summer with them, I have ate patches to secure it, because I so much, and the fentanyl patch does not last for 5 minutes, I have to cover it with tadrap of fabric, that I hit strong, so I imagine that the same will happen to me withThe sensor.

And to perform reading it is a more natural gesture than carrying it in your arm, it is as if you were going to put your mobile in the back pocket of the cowboy but in the end not: p

I take note of the "fixomul", thanks;)

Well, wearing jeans yes, but with dress or dress pants, there are no pockets, and I have the most.In summer I don't put a pants or gunpoint, I'm extremely hot :)

If you are sitting, the gesture goes unnoticed than measuring your arm.But, just like Ruthbia, I spend everything, I measure me and put the insulin anywhere, without hiding.Interestingly, in meals with friends, I take out my pen, I click and nobody finds out.I do it so naturally that I don't get attention.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
05/04/2022 8:55 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

I had a problem in the buttock.The patches that are doing well on my arm, in the buttocks I was unbearable, so I took off the patch.And one morning when I wake up half asleep and lower my clothes to pee, I started the sensor.So I returned to the arm where I have never had problems.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/04/2022 11:24 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.