{'en': 'Reading errors Freestyle free sensor 2', 'es': 'Errores de lectura sensor Freestyle Libre 2'} Image

Reading errors Freestyle free sensor 2

Solman's profile photo   08/29/2022 11:44 a.m.

wove said:
it happens to you that after wetting the free 3, either a very intense shower or exercise, the values ​​increase 30 or 40 above normal and within a few minutes everything returns tonormalize?It happens to me repeatedly and I just found explanation.I usually take it protected with a circle of those Chinese, like a tape, but when I take it with nothing also gives those values

After the shower I also give me high values ​​a few minutes that then takes out of the graph.More than wet I think it is because of the heat of the water because in the pool it does not happen to me.
I ignore when I see the rise after the shower because I already know the story and I know it is not real.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
10/11/2022 10:39 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

ruthbia said:
@ottawa A difference of +/- 40 is normal.
Keep in mind that the sensor does not seek precision in their data, but a trend or range of magnitude.If what you are looking for is precision, the most accessible are the capillaries because the most accurate is a blood test.

After 6 years using it, I have learned that the important thing is not the value that it shows me except in what range I am;I explain myself.Today I got up with 189mg/dl and yesterday with 245mg/dl, I don't care about the value, I know what I am very high and I have failed the insulin of dinner, which I had to have added more because the nuts are late..And in both cases for breakfast I need to get 6uds quickly and wait 2 hours for me to take effect and be about 120 to ingest food.
The same if I had lifted at 80 or 140, my pattern is the same in that case, I would have put 3 units for breakfast.

The only thing I review in the Abbot app is the glycemia bars graph, average glucose to see the orientative state.The rest of the data do not give me anything, I prefer to observe the GVI (variation) and the PGS (Glucose Person) of another application.

@Ruthbia, good afternoon, I have been a couple of times to ask you what GVI and PGS values ​​mean, since I think you control a little on the subject and I am very green.
Normally the PGS is usually at A or A+, but the GVV does not pass from d or c- at most
What does it mean?Should I worry?

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
10/27/2022 5:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Let's see, I took the data here:
Link

GVI
is how much your glycemia varies, the famous "peaks";For good control you have to have little variability, be as constant as possible because rapid variations are harmful to the organs.

PGS
is your personal status of blood glucose, there is a formula that considers 4 parameters:
- Variability
- Time in range
- Hypoglycemia number
- Medium glucose

Both the GVI and the PGS are measured in the English system of academic grades, A+, A, B+, B, C+, C ..... F (Failed Suspense)

In my opinion, these two values ​​are key to glycemic control and as long as the Libreview is not able to calculate the PGS, it does not work for me.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/27/2022 7:56 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello chic@s:
What I have investigated on the readings, surely you know why I am new in these lides, but I love to investigate and the scientific/empirical method Essay Error:

The traditional glucometer measures the level of blood glucose and instead continuous glucose meters free freeyle type measure glucose at the tissue level (interstitial fluid)

When blood glucose is maintained for a long period of time the values ​​must be quite even between the two meters, but when there is a rise/down trend like the arm sensor goes with a delay of approximately 15 minutes the difference can bebig.

Today for example, after eating;At 2 h 20 minutes of food intake the freestyle showed a value of 118 ... at 15 minutes 117 ... and 5 minutes later 113 all this with horizontal arrow.(completely stable)

Well, I have performed a glycemia test with the glucometer (Opium neo) and marked 97 ... compared to the last measure of the freestyle (113) the margin of error approximately 15%.

Taking into account as I commented that the value of the freestyle goes with a quarter time3%.

Taking into account that delay, when we are in an arrow trend up the margin of error will be greater than 15% because the values ​​are more unstable.

The "good" is that with the theme of glycemia, for the aforementioned delay, it will always notify a little earlier;Keep in mind that these pots, like smartwatches when they measure pulsations and other constants by infrared, use algorithms to calculate/ predict those values, but are not as precise as the pectoral chest tapes that use much more accurate measurement electrodes, when one is at rest or with a stable rhythm/ cadence they are very even but when we change rhythm up then they are unbridled, there I see some operation of operation between smartwatch/ pectoral tape -& GT;Glucometer/ arm sensor.

Of course, depending on the software and algorithms with which some will be more precise than others, for example in smartwatches the fitbit are the ones that best record the dream and its phases, but again never as precise as an electrodes system in the head.

Link

This YouTube channel makes all those comparisons of smartwatches in a very scientific way in case someone could interest.

Regarding the issue of alarms that do not sound, it seems to me that this is the fault of the phone configuration exclusively;My partner has type 1 diabetes like me and has a xiaomi mobile, we were unable to configure the alarms in the mobile, in fact looking online in forums by the specific phone model it does not seem that there was a clear solution beyond lookingIn all mobile configuration.
After a while to review well for all the parts I got the alarms to sound.

In my case, with my sensor and my real mobile it was much simpler, with clicking on the application of LibreLink in information I could stop configured in a minute and the alarms at the moment always sound to me, it is true that sometimes sometimesI get the typical sensor error to wait 10 minutes but after that time it works.

There are also times that I have to read several times but I am not sure if it is for the sensor or by the NFC chip of the mobile.

It is clear that there will be other factors that determine their optimal functioning, as you already know heat, sweat, moistureActivity of each person ... Anyway a lot of variables ... Of course there is also the possibility that some leave defective, I am delighted for now.

Greetings for all

madmax's profile photo
madmax
10/28/2022 6:31 p.m.

Woody Allen: “Sé que no merezco el Príncipe de Asturias, pero tampoco la diabetes que padezco”.

Madmax said:
Hello chic@s:
What I have investigated on the readings, surely you know why I am new in these lides, but I love to investigate and the scientific/empirical method Essay Error:

The traditional glucometer measures the level of blood glucose and instead continuous glucose meters free freeyle type measure glucose at the tissue level (interstitial fluid)

When blood glucose is maintained for a long period of time the values ​​must be quite even between the two meters, but when there is a rise/down trend like the arm sensor goes with a delay of approximately 15 minutes the difference can bebig.

Today for example, after eating;At 2 h 20 minutes of food intake the freestyle showed a value of 118 ... at 15 minutes 117 ... and 5 minutes later 113 all this with horizontal arrow.(completely stable)

Well, I have performed a glycemia test with the glucometer (Opium neo) and marked 97 ... compared to the last measure of the freestyle (113) the margin of error approximately 15%.

Taking into account as I commented that the value of the freestyle goes with a quarter time3%.

Taking into account that delay, when we are in an arrow trend up the margin of error will be greater than 15% because the values ​​are more unstable.

The "good" is that with the theme of glycemia, for the aforementioned delay, it will always notify a little earlier;Keep in mind that these pots, like smartwatches when they measure pulsations and other constants by infrared, use algorithms to calculate/ predict those values, but are not as precise as the pectoral chest tapes that use much more accurate measurement electrodes, when one is at rest or with a stable rhythm/ cadence they are very even but when we change rhythm up then they are unbridled, there I see some operation of operation between smartwatch/ pectoral tape -& GT;Glucometer/ arm sensor.

Of course, depending on the software and algorithms with which some will be more precise than others, for example in smartwatches the fitbit are the ones that best record the dream and its phases, but again never as precise as an electrodes system in the head.

Link

This YouTube channel makes all those comparisons of smartwatches in a very scientific way in case someone could interest.

Regarding the issue of alarms that do not sound, it seems to me that this is the fault of the phone configuration exclusively;My partner has type 1 diabetes like me and has a xiaomi mobile, we were unable to configure the alarms in the mobile, in fact looking online in forums by the specific phone model it does not seem that there was a clear solution beyond lookingIn all mobile configuration.
After a while to review well for all the parts I got the alarms to sound.

In my case, with my sensor and my real mobile it was much simpler, with clicking on the application of LibreLink in information I could stop configured in a minute and the alarms at the moment always sound to me, it is true that sometimes sometimesI get the typical sensor error to wait 10 minutes but after that time it works.

There are also times that I have to read several times but I am not sure if it is for the sensor or by the NFC chip of the mobile.

It is clear that there will be other factors that determine their optimal operation, as alreadyYou know the heat, sweat, moisture activity of each person ... in short a lot of variables ... Of course there is also the possibility that some leave defective, I am delighted for now.

Greetings for all

I have a xiaomi and I have no problem with alarms ...
Apart from what you have said I also have the theory that according to where the sensor falls, it measures better or worse.A computer friend suggested.He says that with how advanced technology is and doing everything in series does not see normal technical error, however in some areas the measure will be easier than in others.I think it can also be.
I am also delighted despite the failures.It is a great advance for the amount of information it provides.And the information is power ... 💪💪💪

isabelbota
10/28/2022 7:30 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@Madmx, but if the free goes with delay it does not give you the value of 15 minutes later, but the one you had 15 min before ..., it is not anticipated to the real measure ..
Although if it measures well, it does not seem to me that there is so much time difference ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/29/2022 12:19 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

You are all the regina, it is ahead 15 minutes I have put myself with the hourly reference, I just made another check this tomorrow with both and this time I gave me the same measure after 15 minutes of clicking with the gluco.

Now that it touches the time change in Spain on Saturday night to Sunday .. I'm going to mess up too😅

Thanks for correcting me, greetings

madmax's profile photo
madmax
10/29/2022 8:02 a.m.

Woody Allen: “Sé que no merezco el Príncipe de Asturias, pero tampoco la diabetes que padezco”.

I have read your comments and explanations about the differences between the capillary measure with the glucometer and those taken with app in the sensor.But I do not know if someone will know how to explain why the first two days of placement of a sensor There are no differences in my readings between the sensor and the glucometer and from the third day there are already those differences.
Another thing that neither Abbot, nor my endocrine know how to explain to me is why I have a tremendous itching in the sensor area from the second or third day.They consider that there can be no allergies or subcutaneous infections, but the area is irritated once I withdraw the sensor after 14 days.
Despite all these problems the sensor readings and records of the apps help me.
Greetings

Solman's profile photo
Solman
10/29/2022 3:03 p.m.

Solman said:
I have read your comments and explanations about the differences between the capillary measure with the glucometer and those taken with app in the sensor.But I do not know if someone will know how to explain why the first two days of placement of a sensor There are no differences in my readings between the sensor and the glucometer and from the third day there are already those differences.
Another thing that neither Abbot, nor my endocrine know how to explain to me is why I have a tremendous itching in the sensor area from the second or third day.They consider that there can be no allergies or subcutaneous infections, but the area is irritated once I withdraw the sensor after 14 days.
Despite all these problems the sensor readings and records of the apps help me.
Greetings

The truth is that it is very rare.It happens to me the other way around, the first two days my measures often differ from the glucometer, but to Parti from there it is usually good.It is as if it had to get used.
I still think that every person things are different.
I don't know why they tell you that you can't have allergies.I have read people that happen to you here.In fact, I also sticks when I have been several days.It is still something punctured and attached to the skin and the body defends itself.
But as you say, it helps me.The advantages are greater than the inconveniences.

isabelbota
10/29/2022 4:31 p.m.

Hello:

As Isabel comments, it is normal for the first two days to be more inaccurate until it is settled, in fact, so it is important for its optimal calibration to put it taking advantage of a period of time of uniform blood glucose and move as little as possible during the60 minutes for self -lodging in the best way while we are stable.

There are people who even put it one or two days earlier without activating it so that when they start it already 'settled'

The itching in the area I suppose you mean the perimeter of the circumference where the adhesive goes, different variables should be analyzed quantity/sweat type, leather temperature.

There will be people who sweat more profusely or that their sweat emanates a strongglue and produce an atopic reaction in the area.

When my partner withdraws the sensor, especially in summer it usually has that redst area.

I'm still with my first sensor, that's why I speak from his "experience"

The issue that seems more cumbersome, is when it gives the sensor failures and you have to wait 10 minutes and sometimes several failures are chained in a row, when it happened to me I think it was because it was pressed that area, when you are with the sensor's armsupported on the couch for example.

What I do instead of waiting and despair is to use the computer trick by Antonomasia: I restart the mobile and I do not have to wait 10 minutes, I can already measure the measurement.

I want to try the Diabox app to see if some of those failures are minimized, but as I comment I am neophyte on these issues, it is my first sensor, so I will wait when there are a couple of days to expire and install it.

By the way I am very grateful for the advice and information that I learn from you;
I have already done the insulin/carbohydrate ratio and the only thing that I have left to regulate is the issue of basal insulin that still adjusting it because I get up at night to eat for the hypos.

Greetings for all

madmax's profile photo
madmax
10/30/2022 7:02 a.m.

Hello:

As Isabel comments, it is normal for the first two days to be more inaccurate until it is settled, in fact, so it is important for its optimal calibration to put it taking advantage of a period of time of uniform blood glucose and move as little as possible during the60 minutes for self -lodging in the best way while we are stable.

There are people who even put it one or two days earlier without activating it so that when they start it already 'settled'

The itching in the area I suppose you mean the perimeter of the circumference where the adhesive goes, different variables should be analyzed quantity/sweat type, leather temperature.

There will be people who sweat more profusely or that their sweat emanates a strongglue and produce an atopic reaction in the area.

When my partner withdraws the sensor, especially in summer it usually has that redst area.

I'm still with my first sensor, that's why I speak from his "experience"

The issue that seems more cumbersome, is when it gives the sensor failures and you have to wait 10 minutes and sometimes several failures are chained in a row, when it happened to me I think it was because it was pressed that area, when you are with the sensor's armsupported on the couch for example.

What I do instead of waiting and despair is to use the computer trick by Antonomasia: I restart the mobile and I do not have to wait 10 minutes, I can already measure the measurement.

I want to try the Diabox app to see if some of those failures are minimized, but as I comment I am neophyte on these issues, it is my first sensor, so I will wait when there are a couple of days to expire and install it.

By the way I am very grateful for the advice and information that I learn from you;
I have already done the insulin/carbohydrate ratio and the only thing that I have left to regulate is the issue of basal insulin that still adjusting it because I get up at night to eat for the hypos.

Greetings for all

madmax's profile photo
madmax
10/30/2022 7:02 a.m.

I started using the sensor when they started marketing in Spain, 2014, and I had to leave them because it gave me allergy and the itching that produced me was unbearable.There were many people with this problem.They changed the glue and now I have no reaction.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/30/2022 9:52 a.m.

I remember that with free 1 there were people who put themselves with a hole in the center to insert the sensor needle there.

LibreLink, Diabox or curd application does not interfere with the sensor, the sensor fails for itself.Diabox can be installed whenever one wants, a certain period is not necessary

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/30/2022 9:58 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I lately go well to always mark X under reality, from 30 to 50 or so

susal's profile photo
susal
10/30/2022 1:14 p.m.

I have Diabox installed, but when I change the sensor, the continuous reading has stopped working, it only works when the sensor escaped, does anyone know how to solve it?

Solman's profile photo
Solman
10/30/2022 5:10 p.m.

When I have talked about intense and reddish itching, it is not the circular zone of the band with glue, but where the sensor is "nailed", in fact when there is something of "pus" and a bultito just where the puncture is.I thought it produces internal infection, but nobody knows how to clarify it.
Thanks for the comments.

Solman's profile photo
Solman
10/30/2022 5:36 p.m.

@Solman Cerve Cache and data but before Backup and Register to save your configuration.I explained it here:
Link

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/30/2022 6:16 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Solman said:
hello everyone,

I am new in this forum and I wanted to comment on my problem.

I have been using the sensors for years, first the 1 and then 2. Sometimes it has taken off or has stopped working a few days before, but in this summer I had to change at least 6. Yes, they replenish them, but if I do notThey work on what is useful to use them.

I explain the problem.I feel an internal itching and around the sensor almost nothing more to install it so I think it causes me some infection or reaction allergy and of course this does, I think, that the readings are wrong since there are always 50, 60 units less than to the capillary extent.

That means that I always have to click to check the data.In addition, sometimes the third day stops working.

This has already happened to me with 4 sensors in a row so I think that somehow I will have turned "intolerant" to its use.I wouldn't like to stop using sensors because it helps me, but I don't know what to do.The company Abot does not give me any explanation and my endocrine tells me that it is they who should know what happens.

Anyway, a new problem added to my life with diabetes.

I await your comments and know if this happens to someone else.

Greetings, Marisol

Hols Marisol and everyone.

I tell you that it has happened to me a couple of times that suddenly a message came out to replace the sensor and after a while he worked again without changing it.Well, the message was specifically sensor exhausted a week.It was enough to wait a while because I was home and after a while I scanned and worked well.

The other one that you comment can be an allergy s acrylates.Bus on the website acrilatos+sensor+sugary jedi. Freestyle should already know about the subject and it is 2 years ago.I also give me reaction and I get eczema that it is what happens to you because it looks like an infected wound if you do not treat it.But I've been with atopic demmatitis for 2 years and started before starting them.

Greetings and encouragement

I recommend using Diabox as a subsidiary app because when you have a diverse bsjada and the sensor gives error at least you still have readings.Do not tell Abbott that you use it. Or they take away the guarantee

Greetings

inmuchi_77's profile photo
inmuchi_77
10/30/2022 8:36 p.m.

31 años con DT1!!
Toujeo / FIASP y dieta baja en CH
Viva la vida <3

Hello.2 days ago the Freestyle2 program has updated.Total we take 2 minutes to see the scanned value in the mobile.Does anyone else happen to?Because we are associating it with this update and not something else.
Greetings🙃

evacf's profile photo
evacf
10/31/2022 3:15 p.m.

evacf said:
hello.2 days ago the Freestyle2 program has updated.Total we take 2 minutes to see the scanned value in the mobile.Does anyone else happen to?Because we are associating it with this update and not something else.
Greetings🙃

Hello :
I just update to the latest version and I don't have that problem, the readings instantly give me
all the best

madmax's profile photo
madmax
10/31/2022 6:17 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.