{'en': 'Reading errors Freestyle free sensor 2', 'es': 'Errores de lectura sensor Freestyle Libre 2'} Image

Reading errors Freestyle free sensor 2

Solman's profile photo   08/29/2022 11:44 a.m.

Hello everyone,

I am new in this forum and I wanted to comment on my problem.

I have been using the sensors for years, first the 1 and then 2. Sometimes it has taken off or has stopped working a few days before, but in this summer I had to change at least 6. Yes, they replenish them, but if I do notThey work on what is useful to use them.

I explain the problem.I feel an internal itching and around the sensor almost nothing more to install it so I think it causes me some infection or reaction allergy and of course this does, I think, that the readings are wrong since there are always 50, 60 units less than to the capillary extent.

That means that I always have to click to check the data.In addition, sometimes the third day stops working.

This has already happened to me with 4 sensors in a row so I think that somehow I will have turned "intolerant" to its use.I wouldn't like to stop using sensors because it helps me, but I don't know what to do.The company Abot does not give me any explanation and my endocrine tells me that it is they who should know what happens.

Anyway, a new problem added to my life with diabetes.

I await your comments and know if this happens to someone else.

Greetings, Marisol

Solman's profile photo
Solman
08/29/2022 11:44 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The same thing happened to me this summer but without the feeling of itching.I was wrong with me badly.It seems that there have been several defective lots, I don't know if it will be your case too.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/29/2022 11:57 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Good, it gives me that it will not be a reaction to something.This sensor is measuring me about 50 less than the capillary and the previous one to the one before and the previous one.This summer I have three with those differences

javiertierno's profile photo
javiertierno
08/30/2022 10:01 p.m.

I didn't want to wear it until Sunday but I will have to try it, what a roll.I do not trust anything that I get wrong.If there were bad lots I hope they have stopped sending them ...

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/30/2022 10:09 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

nila said:
I didn't want to wear it until Sunday but I will have to try it, what a roll.I do not trust anything that I get wrong.If there were bad lots I hope you have stopped sending them ...

If the first day is not going well, don't worry.It usually takes a bit to adjust.Put it hours before starting it and try to start it at a time that you are quite stable.
And think it goes about 15 minutes late.When you take the trick you will become addicted ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/30/2022 10:30 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@Nila, if you get defective, they send you another, don't worry

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/30/2022 10:30 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

nigiri said:
@nila, if you get defective you send you another, do not worry

Although mine is bought?

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/30/2022 10:36 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

It depends, with differences

nigiri said:
@nila, if you get defective they send you another, do not worry

With differences of 50, you say they are acceptable

javiertierno's profile photo
javiertierno
08/30/2022 10:40 p.m.

nila said:
nigiri said:
@nila, if you get defective you send you another, do not worry

Although mine is bought?

Clear.I buy them.If you make error, call the number they put in the box and change it to you.
Now there is another way for mail, but I have not tried it, I have always called.
It is true that the issue of differences for them is broad.But in general you should not have large differences.But if it is crazy, you take off or die before you call and change it to you.

isabelbota
08/30/2022 10:47 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@Nila have always replaced them;They ask you a thousand things, the most important thing is that you keep the box with the lot number and series that they will ask you.
In my case I called many times and asked me for hair measures to demonstrate it as well as the glucometer model and its serial number;And they sent me a sensor with a bag for the defective of their laboratory against reimbursement;Since they finance it directly, I carry the piece of the box with the series and lot number to the nurse and in the next installment my 4 more give me those that I have returned.

My impression is that the free 2 fails much more than what failed in his day the free 1;I have no data from free, I haven't tried it yet.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/31/2022 7:47 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Isabelbota said:
nila said:
I did not want to put it until this Sunday but I will have to try it now, what a roll.I do not trust anything that I get wrong.If there were bad lots I hope you have stopped sending them ...

If the first day is not going well, don't worry.It usually takes a bit to adjust.Put it hours before starting it and try to start it at a time that you are quite stable.
And think it goes about 15 minutes late.When you take the trick you will become addicted ...

With the quite stable to what we mean because I think it is stable ... I'm never 😅

Thanks @ruthbia I will not throw the box that I am very given to throw it as soon as the packages open

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/31/2022 9:47 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

@Nila: Stable means when the sensor graph is practically flat.At that time the results of capillary and sensor are very similar.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
08/31/2022 12:01 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

As I just take hair, I have no idea when I'm stable, the truth 🙈

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/31/2022 12:03 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

nila said:
Isabelbota said:
nila said:
nila said:
did not want to put it until this Sunday but I will have to have toTry it now, what a roll.I do not trust anything that I get wrong.If there were bad lots I hope you have stopped sending them ...

With the quite stable to what we mean because I think it is stable ... I'm never 😅

Thanks @ruthbia I will not throw the box that I am very given to throw it as soon as the packages open

What you have to save is the "of the yogurt" cover that is where the sensor number comes, which TB comes out on the mobile, by the way, they have always looked at me there.
Stable I mean that it is not after eating, that it is when there are no great movements (7/8 in the afternoon for example if they have not eaten fats.)

isabelbota
08/31/2022 12:05 p.m.

Well, prepare, with the sensor you are going to hallucinate the mountains or rather said "the Everest" that cause some foods

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
08/31/2022 12:07 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Yes, yes, that's the intention, see how it works

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/31/2022 12:22 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

Solman said:
hello everyone,

I have been using the sensors for years, first the 1 and then 2. Sometimes it has taken off or has stopped working a few days before, but in this summer I had to change at least 6. Yes, they replenish them, but if I do notThey work on what is useful to use them.

I explain the problem.I feel an internal itching and around the sensor almost nothing more to install it so I think it causes me some infection or reaction allergy and of course this does, I think, that the readings are wrong since there are always 50, 60 units less than to the capillary extent.

That means that I always have to click to check the data.In addition, sometimes the third day stops working.

This has already happened to me with 4 sensors in a row so I think that somehow I will have turned "intolerant" to its use.I wouldn't like to stop using sensors because it helps me, but I don't know what to do.The company Abot does not give me any explanation and my endocrine tells me that it is they who should know what happens.

Greetings, Marisol

To me this summer the free2 are easily failing one in two.
It is putting them, wait for the 60 MINS of rigor and already jump several messages of "wait 10 mins" until the "replace sensor" jumps.

tono7's profile photo
tono7
09/04/2022 10:22 a.m.

Solman said:
hello everyone,

Greetings, Marisol

Hello, the sensors fail a lot.These are my data:

2021: 7 Falls + 1 Fallen (that's more than 25 %)
2022: 2 failures + 1 fallen (12.5 %)

Abbot always changes them and the boxes are accumulated;) have an obvious problem of quality control.At first, when they were not given to anyone, they were like a shot.Given this, little can be done.

What you comment also happens to me.Sensors that work 14 days, but systematically low, about 50-60 mg/dl difference.You have to always check with the capillary within a few hours of putting it on and the next day, that is forced (and what I do not understand is that the house does not foresee it that way).

For this, then keep it in mind, that when it actually marks 160 and so on.(In hypoglycemia values, what it usually does is saturate to 50 and from there it does not fall).Or, look for an unofficial app for the mobile, almost all of them allow to change the calibration.

As for skin irritation, it is rare.As soon as the hole sensor is inflamed?You should see a 1-2 mm inflammation circle around the hole.If you don't see it (only the sensor's trapeze mark), then there are no effects.Sometimes he feels slight pain or discomfort, it has happened to me many times, but I don't relate it to sensor failures.In any case, you should not become obsessed, and this issue must be resolved by the endocrine.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
09/04/2022 12:24 p.m.

Yes, I agree with @"Cristóbal Cortés", the free 1 failed much less than free 2;In February I returned 4 in a row because when I started they asked me to replace.One after another.I noticed the lot of lot and part.

The sensor is predictive, it is never a real measure, they are all estimates.The real is a blood test and the next closest is a capillary.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/04/2022 2:31 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

The problem is not just yours, Solman.The problem is of the freestyle system and we suffer from all those who areutilizing it, one more and other less.This year I have 5 sensors changed early because of the expiration before the deadline.The last two have been followed and for that reason this thread opened two weeks ago: fed up with free freestyle errors2 by" exhausted sensor "before time
In my case I have not had irritation or itching problems.It is true that Abbott provides a new sensor for each one who fails and communicates it, but what we must demand is to find out where they have the failure and solve it, because they have all the data for the use of all our sensors.I have communicated it at least, but the answer has so far been "none."

domingot's profile photo
domingot
09/05/2022 4:56 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.