{'en': 'The important thing is fasting blood glucose, not glycosylated hemoglobin', 'es': 'Lo importante es la glucosa en sangre en ayunas, no la hemoglobina glicosilada'} Image

The important thing is fasting blood glucose, not glycosylated hemoglobin

joaquillo's profile photo   01/02/2023 5 p.m.

@joaquillo I don't know what you get to discuss (and try to convince I don't know who you think about together) in this forum if "you don't have diabetes", we are glad that it has been a scare and you can live quiet .... at least for a few months.Greetings and happy year.PS: Without offending, you don't open more threads that don't interest

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
01/04/2023 11:05 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@joaquillo forgive because of idioteces but you are obvious with the subject and you cannot argue with people of this forum that have been evolving and knowledge for many years.

It is not an example;It is my personal graph of that day.And yes, the subject is quite control.I have been with sensors 7 years, monitoring and extracting data to Excel for other parameters.
I have never had high cholesterol or triglycerides, but at 42 I got diabetes.Among the 40-50 is very common, such as the presbyopy, the DT2, in my case DT1 Lada and without family history or overweight and with healthy life.

An ideal night was that of January 3.I went into food but if it would have been Normaglycemia, a glyc of 5.2, when I got up at 6:30 I gave me FLICI of 4.1.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/04/2023 11:12 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

casssie said:
@Joaquillo I don't know what you get to discuss (and try to convince I don't know who you think about your feet together) in this forum if "you don't have diabetes",We are glad that it has been a scare and you can live quietly ... at least for a few months.Greetings and happy year.PS: Without offending, you don't open more threads that do not interest

That something is not interested in you does not mean nobody, that's talking around the world
I don't want to convince anyone, I just share information.
Possibly have prediabetes, celebrate it if it is reversed alone.
Greetings and happy year.

joaquillo's profile photo
joaquillo
01/04/2023 12:33 p.m.

ruthbia said:
@Joaquillo forgive because of idiocy but you are obscured with the subject and you cannot discuss with people of this forum that have been evolving and knowledge with people of this forum for many years.

It is not an example;It is my personal graph of that day.And yes, the subject is quite control.I have been with sensors 7 years, monitoring and extracting data to Excel for other parameters.
I have never had high cholesterol or triglycerides, but at 42 I got diabetes.Among the 40-50 is very common, such as the presbyopy, the DT2, in my case DT1 Lada and without family history or overweight and with healthy life.

An ideal night was that of January 3.I went into food but if it would have been Normaglycemia, a glyc of 5.2, when I got up at 6:30 I gave me FLICI of 4.1.

Hello, thanks, nothing happens.
Well, confirm what I said, it was a diabetic case with some control.And it is DT1, I think my case is very different because it seems prediabets with possible DT2 if not it.
I hope and wish all the best for your heart health.
I think you are controlling it well.

joaquillo
01/04/2023 12:36 p.m.

@joaquillo I believe that glycosilada is more important than fasting glucose in people who are not diabetic.It gives you much more information.Fasting glucose is just a specific value after many times of fasting, if it is wrong in someone non -diabetic is that the thing is already bad even if it is not in the range of diagnosing diabetes.Think that if after 10-12 hours of night fast the body is not able to regulate glucose during the day that you eat several times the thing will be much worse and that is seen in the glycosilada.
Waiting for diagnosing diabetes with x value when fasting glucose is already altered and glyc shows that the body does not work well seems to me an error.Just at that point it is when a good diet can work better in hydrates to reverse the situation and not end up in a type 2 diabetes. Another thing is that in that situation it is convenient to medicate, what is should be noticed to the patient that he hasWhat to change habits, medicate in type 2 diabetes or when the values ​​are no longer within the optimal is usually an error.The thing will be worse and more complicated to solve whether the problem with medication covers.Type 2 diabetes is reversible if done in time and much better if it is caught before reaching diabetes values.Just the situation in which they tell you that it is prediabetes is when you can reverse the situation with a change in habits (low hydrates or keta diet, exercise, regulate circadian rhythms and control stress).

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
01/04/2023 2:35 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Yesssica_a said:
@Joaquillo I believe that glycosilada is more important than fasting glucose in people who are not diabetic.It gives you much more information.Fasting glucose is just a specific value after many times of fasting, if it is wrong in someone non -diabetic is that the thing is already bad even if it is not in the range of diagnosing diabetes.Think that if after 10-12 hours of night fast the body is not able to regulate glucose during the day that you eat several times the thing will be much worse and that is seen in the glycosilada.
Waiting for diagnosing diabetes with x value when fasting glucose is already altered and glyc shows that the body does not work well seems to me an error.Just at that point it is when a good diet can work better in hydrates to reverse the situation and not end up in a type 2 diabetes. Another thing is that in that situation it is convenient to medicate, what is should be noticed to the patient that he hasWhat to change habits, medicate in type 2 diabetes or when the values ​​are no longer within the optimal is usually an error.The thing will be worse and more complicated to solve whether the problem with medication covers.Type 2 diabetes is reversible if done in time and much better if it is caught before reaching diabetes values.Just the situation in which they tell you that it is prediabetes is when you can reverse the situation with a change in habits (low hydrates or keta diet, exercise, regulate circadian rhythms and control stress).

Hello!I agree, both type 2 diabetes and prediabetes can be reversed, especially if it is not very high.
Regarding the rest, respect your opinion, but I believe that the doctor of the link is right and the important thing is fasting glucose, not just a sample, if not several days and see its evolution, if it is a perfect decline,Glycosilada tells you about your past, not your present, and to know peaks that you have had the best is a sensor, I believe the glycosilad does not tell you much especially if it is not well above, it may be even a laboratory business, go to know, I don't know if you read the link.People are being treated as diabetics who can be prediabetic or not even based on glycosilada, the important thing is how you have sugar now.And the medication with prediabetes is inappropriate, it is overmedication, it is enough with diet and exercise, those medications to people with prediabetes with slightly high sugar can cause hypoglycemia, apart from the damage that this medication can make to other organs, I create theMedication should be the last resort when you have no choice.
Anyway, I appreciate your opinion and take it into account, it's about learning.

joaquillo
01/04/2023 4:52 p.m.

And totally successful what you say from medicating so lightly, doctors look like the chip that if you give above 105 on an emptyno or 5.5 in glycosilada you prescribe you pill and point, you must do more tests and first tryCorrect it with diet and exercise and see evolution first, I agree, and that is what my doctor has done in my case with 115 on an emptyno and 7.2 glycosylated, after seeing that the first on an emptybed di 154 and in just twoDiet weeks down to 114, and next 108

joaquillo
01/04/2023 4:55 p.m.

Let's see Joaquillo: In this forum, almost all staff is diabetic, or have relatives with diabets and therefore is interested, asks and comments.Personally, I would never be in a forum like this if they had not diagnosed me 5 years ago ... at 60, without drinking, without smoking, with controlled feed, corridor of many marathons and cyclist with more than 150,000 km inMy legs.That is, it touches you and to fuck and learn to live with it.It is no drama.Assimilate the diagnosis and try to take care of yourself, if possible.

The prediabétes is nothing more than a medical term to indicate that you must take care of yourself, in food, to banish sedentary life, in stress, etc.etcOr you are diabetic or you are not.And when in three analytics on an empty stomach, your values ​​are above 120 you are.And the measures that doctors indicate are already taken.

Without acrimony, I hope you understand it.And if in the near future you diagnose as diabetic, then nothing happens.Here I have only been a few years but many colleagues have been living and trying to enjoy everything they can.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
01/04/2023 5:19 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

wove said:
to see Joaquillo: in this forum, almost all the staff is diabetic, or have relatives with diabets and therefore is interested, asks and comments.Personally, I would never be in a forum like this if they had not diagnosed me 5 years ago ... at 60, without drinking, without smoking, with controlled feed, corridor of many marathons and cyclist with more than 150,000 km inMy legs.That is, it touches you and to fuck and learn to live with it.It is no drama.Assimilate the diagnosis and try to take care of yourself, if possible.

The prediabétes is nothing more than a medical term to indicate that you must take care of yourself, in food, to banish sedentary life, in stress, etc.etcOr you are diabetic or you are not.And when in three analytics on an empty stomach, your values ​​are above 120 you are.And the measures that doctors indicate are already taken.

Without acrimony, I hope you understand it.And if in the near future you diagnose as diabetic, then nothing happens.Here I have only been a few years but many colleagues have been living and trying to enjoy everything they can.

Hello, I did not say 120 in three analytics in a row, I gave the first 154, then my doctor did two more and I said 114 and 108, and as it can be prediabetes but it will test me within three months.
I respect your opinion but prediabetes is a widely accepted term, and it is reversible, if they have not diagnosed me yet diabetes I do not know why I must believe is diabetes, I lean for prediabetes and still confirm within three months, but I appreciate your opinion.
And no, for me it will be hard if I arrive in diabetes but I would not have another one to assume it, but I will try that if it is prediabetes I will reverse it, I confess I was very scared when the first was 154, but then seeing how I went down and what I told me a doctor I amhopeful

joaquillo
01/04/2023 5:27 p.m.

@joaquillo Diabetes is not reversed in any case.

The DT2, it is not that it reverses, is that with a sacrificed life of strict food and exercise control they manage to adjust their metabolism to the amount of insulin that their pancreas, damaged or exhausted a little, produces them.But as soon as 2 days leave the diet, glycemic levels are triggered.

Prediabetes does not exist, it is DT2 that with strict control, as I said, you manage not to take a pill, but over the years you end in pill and if the pancreas is very deteriorated, it will need insulin, first basal and then also for each meal.And the same, day you spend the diet, glycemia climb.

Some obese, morbid obese included, when they return to their weight and a diet not exceeding 2500kcal manage to recover, above all, because they eat in proportion to what their pancreas gives them.

Each one who chooses.
I could not choose, but after 8 years, I prefer pill or insulin and be able to carry a slightly less strict diet to have to be crushing exercise to lower glycemia or depriving myself of certain foods that they could prompt me.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/04/2023 6:37 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I disagree, prediabetes does exist and is reversible as another person said in another comment, and does not need medication.
The medication has side effects and can damage other organs over time, I think it is a better healthy diet and exercise.
I personally prefer diet and exercise, it is good not only because of the subject of sugar but for everything.
But respect your opinion.

joaquillo
01/04/2023 6:45 p.m.

Well, all perfectly expressed opinions are already.I think we are all adult enough to make the decisions that each one deems appropriate.For my part, I consider this matter totally settled that leads to anything.Or at least, personally, it gives me anything.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
01/05/2023 9:02 a.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

I pass by commenting nothing more, I think I have already read too many watercans that do not lead to anything.As I said in the other post, that each one thinks what he wants, but we are here and we have diabetes for a long time, we already know what this is going and nobody is going to illuminate us with new things like those who are being said.For my part the same, the subject is over.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
01/05/2023 11:58 a.m.

Some man apart from diabetes, I will also know for having studied medicine !!

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
01/05/2023 3:44 p.m.

Andrespmat said:
any man apart from diabetes, I will also know for having studied medicine !!

Exactly, as the 50 -year -old doctor of the link I put and states that the important thing is fasting glucose taken in different days and not glycosylated hemoglobin and less if it is not so high.

joaquillo
01/05/2023 3:53 p.m.

That @joaquillo goes my girlfriend is not diabetic and the analyzes that was done once and not long ago, I had an emry glucose at 88 mg/dl and glycosylated to 5.2, exercise and diet is very good to control sugar butIf I did without putting me insulin I would fall into a horse ketoacidosis and die in a short time, that in type 2 may serve but I think they have to take oral hypoglycemic, but I do not know why I am type 1, type 2 there areMany, is an epidemic in people over 40-50 years and the index of complications for high blood sugar is very high in people with type 2, the best way to combat this disease is to live with it, if you will avoid itOr battle with her believing that you have nothing or happening of everything will skin alive I already tell you because I know unfortunately from my own experience

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
01/06/2023 12:16 a.m.

rogerix said:
that goes @joaquillo my girlfriend is not diabetic and the analyzes that was done once and not long ago, I had the glucose on an empty stomach at 88 mg/dl and the glycosilada at 5.2, exercise and diet is very good to control the sugar but I did not put insulin fall into a horse ketoacidosis and die in a short time, that in type 2 that serves but I think they have to take oral hypoglycemic, butI do not know because I am type 1, there are many type 2, it is an epidemic in people over 40-50 years and the complications for high blood complications is very high in people with type 2, the best wayTo combat this disease is to live with it, if you are going to avoid or battle with it believing that you have nothing or happening of everything you will skin alive and I tell you because I know unfortunately because of my own experience

I was referring to type 2, not to 1. neither did I talk about cases already diagnosed as type 1.
I have not said to believe I have nothing, as much as possible it is prediabetes, and I hope that reversible.
Greetings, I wish you all the best in your health

joaquillo
01/06/2023 12:28 a.m.

Joaquillo said:
rogerix said:
that goes @joquillo my girlfriend is not diabetic and the analyzes that was done once and not long ago, I had thefasting glucose at 88 mg/dl and glycosylated to 5.2, exercise and diet is very good to control the sugar but I did without putting insulin would fall into a horse ketoacidosis and died in a short time, it may in the type2 That serves but I think they have to take oral hypoglyceics, but I don't know why I am type 1, there are many type 2, it is an epidemic in people over 40-50 years and the index of complications for high blood sugarIt is very high in people with type 2, the best way to combat this disease is to live with it, if you are going to avoid or battle with it believing that you have nothing or happening everything will skin alive I already tell you because II know unfortunately from your own experience

I was referring to type 2, not to 1. neither did I talk about cases already diagnosed as type 1.
I have not said to believe I have nothing, as much as possible it is prediabetes, and I hope that reversible with diet and exercise.
Greetings, I wish you all the best in your health

joaquillo
01/06/2023 12:30 a.m.

Joaquillo said:
I leave here this link, of this doctor (there are more doctors think so) that states that the important thing to diagnose diabetes or see evolution of a diabetic is the glucose in an emry, not theglycosylated hemoglobin.
He affirms that diabetes is diagnosed to people with slightly high glycosilada and that has an emptyst glucose, and that it is a mistake because they are not diabetic and it is a barbarity to prescribe medications.

I leave link

Link

Here you have one that "debuted" (word of the eggs), with 85 on an empty stomach, but once breakfast was going to 600 ... and so on until 6 in the morning that went down again to 85.
They gave me all the symptoms .... blurred vision, nausea tremors desire to urinate etc etc etc until the diabetic coma came by ketoacidosis.But hey ... tell your doctor.
By the way ... one of those 50 years of experience is the one who told me that by the symptoms it was a tumor in the head.

Jaime37's profile photo
Jaime37
01/06/2023 10:12 a.m.

La diabetes es una mierda

jaime37 said:
Joaquillo said:
I leave here this link, of this doctor (there are more doctors think so) that states that the important thing to diagnose diabetes orSee evolution of a diabetic is fasting glucose, not glycosylated hemoglobin.
He affirms that diabetes is diagnosed to people with slightly high glycosilada and that has an emptyst glucose, and that it is a mistake because they are not diabetic and it is a barbarity to prescribe medications.

I leave link

Link

Here you have one that "debuted" (word of the eggs), with 85 on an empty stomach, but once breakfast was going to 600 ... and so on until 6 in the morning that went down again to 85.
They gave me all the symptoms .... blurred vision, nausea tremors desire to urinate etc etc etc until the diabetic coma came by ketoacidosis.But hey ... tell your doctor.
By the way ... one of those 50 years of experience is the one who told me that by the symptoms it was a tumor in the head.

Fuck, what a small experience ...
Luckily you're fine ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
01/06/2023 11:02 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.