{'en': 'The important thing is fasting blood glucose, not glycosylated hemoglobin', 'es': 'Lo importante es la glucosa en sangre en ayunas, no la hemoglobina glicosilada'} Image

The important thing is fasting blood glucose, not glycosylated hemoglobin

joaquillo's profile photo   01/02/2023 5 p.m.

wave said:
@joaquillo: look that I conjured to not give more pábulo to this thread.But your insistence is persistent.

I make my comments, in case you read them, and you understand them, to, in a calm way, indicate that we do not insist more with your joys when thinking, now, that according to yourself you tell us, you are neither prediabetic, nor diabetic, nor anythingLet him seem.We have already told you several, but as it seems that you do not want to understand it, I repeat it: the ones that we go here if we are.We have a chronic disease, diabetes.We are glad when other colleagues are managing to control it.And we are sad with them when things are not going so well.And we learn from each other.You contribute little or nothing.There are days like today, in which control is being difficult and my level of tolerance for opinions without criteria or scientific basis is minimal.

I forgot to tell you that healthy life and exercise are very good, of course.As an example of mine: 40 years doing athletics, 18 finished marathons and their corresponding preparations, more than 150,000 km by bike, mountaineering in Alps, Pyrenees, Nepal ... very controlled food always.I don't drink, I don't smoke ... and the rest when you can.AND?Well, nothing, I am type 1 diabetic for 5 years.That is, taking care of help, but does not make you immune to any disease, or of course diabetes.

Here many people travel to which they just diagnose, distressed, eager to learn, hoping to know how others who have already gone through that situation before them have already passed.I think that is one of the main reasons for this forum.

You can continue to insist, until satiety, that you think you are not chronic sick.My most sincere congratulations, seriously and from the heart.Enjoy your no disease.The rest we will continue with our inseparable friend: diabetes.

It is striking that I reproach me to repeat me, when you repeat yourself again, if I repeat it, it is because they repeat the same thing, I refer to what has already been said so I have not to repeat it.
I do not insist on anything, I give my opinion, just like you who are the one who insists on the same.
I have not affirmed a hundred percent, it is prediabetic or not, I said that it may not be and that I think it may not be and it will be confirmed or not, because I think I am reversing it
About what I contribute or not that is a subjective opinion of yours personal.
I simply believed that in certain cases it is not advisable to prescribe pills and that glycosilada is not the decisive according to that almost and numbers, that you do not agree?Well, very well, I respect it, my opinion is another.
Regarding the health of others, I share it logically.
And no, my opinion follows criteria and criteria shared by some doctors etc, that you do not share them?Well, very good hey.
There are doctors who recipe happily pills to cases that can be reversed with diet and exercise as my case without pills and the test is me with my improvement, is it a crime to comment this?In the end.
From respect and education you can think what one wants.
And if you do not have tolerance to my opinions it is very simple, do not read them or enter a post like it is created by me.
And that your case is chronic patient does not mean my case, my case has nothing to do with yours, especially if you are type 1, nor can you say that I am chronic patient when neither my doctor has been able to affirm it.
In Spain, the appropriate criteria to diagnose diabetes is to fast twice more than 126, something that has not happened at the moment.If perhaps it could be prediabetes.
Greetings

joaquillo's profile photo
joaquillo
01/15/2023 11:35 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Oh and another thing, I don't believe this forum is only for patients with diabetes, it is also useful for prediabetics or for people who want to avoid having diabetes.

joaquillo
01/15/2023 11:40 p.m.

I had never heard that:
"In Spain the appropriate criteria to diagnose diabetes is to fast twice more than 126."

When I debuted in 2015, in the emergency room, the endocrine told me that a person with a specific peak of more than 150 on an empty stomach was considered diabetic in addition to the glucosilada above 6.
In Toledo at that time the head of endocrinology was type 1 diabetic and the protocol was very good, the entire team very aware and imagined that if that was the guideline, their reasons had, I already tell you, especially because he is diabetic.

Now 8 years later, I do not believe that with two values ​​of 126 you simply diagnose you, it is assumed that glucosylated, peptide C, glucose curve, glucose curve, etc.of all parts of Spain and other countries.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/16/2023 2:39 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
had never heard that:
"In Spain the appropriate criteria to diagnose diabetes is to fast twice more than 126."

When I debuted in 2015, in the emergency room, the endocrine told me that a person with a specific peak of more than 150 on an empty stomach was considered diabetic in addition to the glucosilada above 6.
In Toledo at that time the head of endocrinology was type 1 diabetic and the protocol was very good, the entire team very aware and imagined that if that was the guideline, their reasons had, I already tell you, especially because he is diabetic.

Now 8 years later, I do not believe that with two values ​​of 126 you simply diagnose you, it is assumed that glucosylated, peptide C, glucose curve, glucose curve, etc.of all parts of Spain and other countries.

I believe that without glycosylated in Spain you do not diagnose diabetes.And it is logical.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
01/16/2023 2:54 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

ruthbia said:
had never heard that:

Friend today's criteria are not the same as in 2015, and not only that but also countries not all use the same criteria, so you cannot have absolute faith in Spain criteria, I still believe that if you have several on an emptyneous belowFrom 105 and after eating, you are not highly diabetic, regardless of your glycosiladHabits would come back into prediabetes and risk to end type 2, sometimes by the way prediabetes rather than a malfunction of the pancreas is due to a problem of overweight, a person with a pancreas in good condition can have insulin resistance if it is overweight, and someone here already comments, or also if it is aggravated by stress and anxiety etc, it is not always because of the pancreas

joaquillo
01/16/2023 4 p.m.

Isabelbota said:
ruthbia said:
had never heard that:

I believe that without glycosylated in Spain you do not diagnose diabetes.And it is logical.

There are doctors who, before diagnosing second glycosilada after three months if only one on an empty stomach over 126.

joaquillo
01/16/2023 4:02 p.m.

That no man, that I moved to autonomy and the criteria is the same, high levels of ease carboards and glucosylated test above 6.
I did not diagnose DT1 the first days, they referred to endocrinology and there they asked me for peptide C, antibodies and glyc.

The WHO does not establish criteria, not even the US and in Spain they are grouped into thirst and other organizations that try that all autonomies have the same criteria but it is the power of the head doctor to determine what to do, hence according to their firm you are better orworse.

I am sure that the diabetics of this forum that are head doctors take it very seriously and make an exhaustive protocol.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/16/2023 7:04 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

It seems very excessive to determine diabetes from 6.5, and prediabetes from 5.6 to 6.4.My endocrine and I think that all of Spain, diagnose from 6 of gly, may have to confirm and that if there are doubts if it is 1 or 2, endocrine is derived because the peptide C normally cannot ask for the doctors ofFamily in primary care.
But of course, very far -fetched consider diabetes from 6.5, among other things because microvascular complications have been seen from more than 6 so, what do you want to tell you? Are you going to know more than endocrine?

meginer's profile photo
meginer
01/16/2023 9:04 p.m.

ruthbia said:
that no man, that I moved from autonomy and the criteria is the same, high levels of fasting carbohydrates and glucosylated test above 6.
I did not diagnose DT1 the first days, they referred to endocrinology and there they asked me for peptide C, antibodies and glyc.

The WHO does not establish criteria, not even the US and in Spain they are grouped into thirst and other organizations that try that all autonomies have the same criteria but it is the power of the head doctor to determine what to do, hence according to their firm you are better orworse.

I am sure that the diabetics of this forum that are head doctors take it very seriously and make an exhaustive protocol.

Do not talk about WHO, but from OCU, there is a link, which was based on medical criteria in certain cases of prediabetes and type 2.
And there are different criteria according to which countries, on autonomous communities I have not looked at it and I cannot affirm, I said countries.
Greetings

joaquillo
01/16/2023 9:05 p.m.

OCU Organization of consumers and users
Link

In the end....

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/16/2023 11:36 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
ocu organization of consumers and users
Link

Anyway ...

The same says the US Government Disease Prevention Center, I put it in another post, apart from the OCU is based on medical studies, greetings
Link

joaquillo
01/17/2023 3:04 a.m.

The US is very different from Spain.Its morbid obese rate along with those of more than 300kg does not exist in Europe, except in UK.
OCU is not a reference medical body.You are looking for arguments in unusual sites.

It is very tired to explain that one thing is the diagnosis and another the treatment.
Prediabetes does not exist, it is DT2.Talk to an endocrine and leave links and sites not linked to medicine.
This is diagnosis.Another thing is that your doctor does not want to scare you.

The treatment varies according to each person:

- Diet and exercise, adapt your diet to what your pancreas generates.That is what your doctor has proposed to you, this does not imply "reversal."
- Diet, exercise and patillas alternate days
- Diet, exercises and pills every day
- Diet, exercise, pills and basal insulin
- Diet, exercise and basal insulin

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/17/2023 8:46 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
USA is very different from Spain.Its morbid obese rate along with those of more than 300kg does not exist in Europe, except in UK.
OCU is not a reference medical body.You are looking for arguments in unusual sites.

It is very tired to explain that one thing is the diagnosis and another the treatment.
Prediabetes does not exist, it is DT2.Talk to an endocrine and leave links and sites not linked to medicine.
This is diagnosis.Another thing is that your doctor does not want to scare you.

The treatment varies according to each person:

- Diet and exercise, adapt your diet to what your pancreas generates.That is what your doctor has proposed to you, this does not imply "reversal."
- Diet, exercise and patillas alternate days
- Diet, exercises and pills every day
- Diet, exercise, pills and basal insulin
- Diet, exercise and basal insulin

Prediabetes does exist and they establish a multitude of doctors.It is a risk factor
It is also very tired for me to repeat what has already been said, I refer to what I have already mentioned.
Greetings.

joaquillo
01/17/2023 5:13 p.m.

I had dropped with respect to the first test of 94 kilos to 88, I measure 1.84, and I made another one on an empty stomach

@joaquillo, hahaha

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
01/17/2023 8:55 p.m.

@joaquillo and Tod@s, this topic is already much discussed and treated.
Everyone has their criteria and we do not contribute anymore.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/17/2023 8:56 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.