{'en': 'How much does "your" diabetes cost', 'es': 'Cuanto cuesta "Tu"  Diabetes'} Image

How much does "your" diabetes cost

_Tacker_'s profile photo   03/08/2023 1:49 p.m.

_ tacker _ said:
salad said:
_ tacker _ said:
_ tacker _ said:
As every month I have gone to the pharmacy to collect theInsulin and on the way I went through the health center for strips and needles, in addition to the sensors ........

I put accounts of what my diabetes really costs only in disposable materials, and the truth is that if I was not funded it would be very complicated according to home.

Let's see: two Freestyle 128 sensors.Insulin Tresiba 84.The Insulina Novorapid 56. Two boxes containing contaur NEXT 50.Two boxes of lancetas contaur 30. Two boxes of needles for feathers 54.

No subsidy: stickers so that sensors 6 to month 15 are not falling.Glucose for average hypos every month 20.

On average in my case it would be about 437 euros per month.And without any unforeseen as the glucometer is broken or left without batteries ... etc ....

In my particular case it would be to give up enough things, since Agua Luz Gas Letter Floor Gasolina Gasolos etc ... are already a good fine.

I know there are people who do not receive a subsidy or recipes to discuss them in the pharmacy, and especially in them I once thought.
I have also thought of those people who want social security sensors to prescribe them, without being diabetic because it is fashionable and is chic .....
Well, I don't spread anymore.As the joke would come out according to each case.

A question, @Tacker.Do you spend the 5 feathers that come in each box every month?

In your calculations, you put 85 euros threeiba and 56 novorapid, which is the price of the 5 feathers box.

I, just like @chamus1978 I use the material with a lot of economy, the lancetas use them two or three times and the needles sometimes twice (no more).I am very aware of what they cost and the privilege that I have to be financed by the health system and I have absolute respect for public money, that although some politicians believe that it is nobody, I know that belongs to everyone and should notWaste, neither gather, nor of course, resale as the thread of "traffic with diabetes ..."

says.

@ENSALADA, La Tresiba approximately lasts 40 days, and the novorapid sometimes arrived fair or short, but I was lucky to give me a novorapid box in the health center.
When putting prices was for boxes, so as not to make rules of three, the only one that collects every longer in pharmacy is the Tresiba.I have the fast every 25 days.
The theme of feathers, once I use it twice, no more because it does not fail, I get some purple of Flipar.
I have come to have twelve boxes of needles, twenty of strips, thirty of lancetas, and some things plus eight boxes of Lamtus and Ten of Novorapid and I have given them, I have a rural medical friend and some well -known type two not financed.
Like what I need they give it to me or charging me very cheap, I almost always up to date

Well, a shame on your part and that of the doctor who prescribes for not monitoring correctly.

chamus1978's profile photo
chamus1978
03/10/2023 10:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You should read more and not speak so fast.What I have given and had plenty of a neighbor and a couple more people, you don't have to have such a fast stranger tongue are knowing the story, anyone knows what you have at home and what you spend ..... Vaquero

Check out my post, and you will know where things come from ...

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
03/10/2023 11:33 p.m.

1 toujeo/month
1 Humalog Junior/Month
1.5 Box reactive strips/month (if the sensors are fine, less)
1 box lancet/month
2 sensors/28 days
GOMBOLAS, 3EUROS/MONTH (TO REMOVE DOWNS)
100 needles/ month
1 clinical waste container/ 3 months
That is my consumption today

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
03/10/2023 11:53 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Well, it costs me for my diabetic son, € 3750/ year in dexcom sensors + insulin that although it is financed, something must be paid in the pharmacy.Everything else, lancetas, reactive strips and needles I have them free and they give them to me in the ambulatory.I'm from San Sebastián

imelda's profile photo
imelda
03/12/2023 2:50 p.m.

imelda said:
because it costs me for my diabetic son, € 3750/ year in dexcom sensors + the insulin that although it is financed, something must be paid in the pharmacy.Everything else, lancetas, reactive strips and needles I have them free and they give them to me in the ambulatory.I'm from San Sebastián

Do not have financed sensors?
I know that in Spain there are people who are type two and are not financed.And some kind of one that, being the private private, I know in person a senior union position, which goes to the private doctor, but the sensors collect them in a hospital in Madrid.
There are people who even being in private by doctors cannot be allowed according to treatments and juggling to get them in the public, which by the way, I am increasingly seeing the poster of "There will be no recipes of what they send inPrivate center "and the like.

I have notified me to put the insulin bomb, and I told the endocrine that thanks but no, I think the cost goes to 1600 the first month.The rest is.Me.Escapes.

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
03/12/2023 3:40 p.m.

Hi Tacker,

Although I agree with everything you say about public health, I think the numbers you comment are a bit exaggerated.I know that the Tresiba, the novorapid cost what you say, but it mustTresiba lasts 20 days and one of Novorapid, 10.
I have made calculations, and between the 2 Freestyles (today this is the most expensive), the Tresiba, the novorapid, the needles and the reactive strips (which are already used much less when having the freestyle) I get about 250 250€To the SS this must cost about € 150-200
Personal expenses (batteries, freestyle patches, ..) I have not taken them into account for being very small (although my expense in cocacola to alleviate the downskins is not negligible !!!)

Just by pointing and without wanting to enter controversies.

Francisco

Francisco Martínez Berthereau's profile photo
Francisco Martínez Berthereau
03/12/2023 8:07 p.m.

I think so, Francisco, calculate that my daughter's expenses are about € 250 between sensors, insulin and needles, at the price of pharmacy, the SS costs less, of course.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/12/2023 8:13 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Francisco Martínez Berthereau said:
Hi Tacker,

Although I agree with everything you say about public health, I think the numbers you comment are a bit exaggerated.I know that the Tresiba, the novorapid cost what you say, but it mustTresiba lasts 20 days and one of Novorapid, 10.
I have made calculations, and between the 2 Freestyles (today this is the most expensive), the Tresiba, the novorapid, the needles and the reactive strips (which are already used much less when having the freestyle) I get about 250 250€To the SS this must cost about € 150-200
Personal expenses (batteries, freestyle patches, ..) I have not taken them into account for being very small (although my expense in cocacola to alleviate the downskins is not negligible !!!)

Just by pointing and without wanting to enter controversies.

FRANCISCO

Hi Francisco, I already comment that the Threeiba in particular lasts me more of the month, but it was like for zero, one month I get out.By equis.
No controversy, we are to speak, and since it came out, three units per day with the purge, I last the box seven days per pen.35 days the Tresiba box.The novorapid usually lasts for five days, the box of 25 days usually lasts.Sometimes more, sometimes less, depending on the diet you make, when it carries more carbohydrates, eating every three hours, in my case that the little time is high with more expense carbohydrates.

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
03/12/2023 11:57 p.m.

Today a nurse has confirmed me that many health centers and some pharmacies have a lot of medical material of diabetes back, especially pensioners, up to fifteen boxes have come to take him to the health center.
In his day my usual pharmacist told me that sometimes there were diabetics especially older people who took tremendous amounts of material (insulin above all) even admitting that they barely used it, as it was in recipe and is free .........

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
03/13/2023 12:05 a.m.

_Tacker_, free, free, it is not, in pharmacy something is always paid.If there are people who do not put the insulin that should, in the end, they will be cheap.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/13/2023 12:24 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

For pensioners it is free.
The demand for a free product is infinite.It is a pity, it is a psychological issue.I remember that my grandfather had a table drawer to the column stops.He collapsed and, total at all, because those products expire.My mother -in -law also had a paracetamol drawer.
It is a matter of mentality.My parents have chronic recipes and do not collection.They only collect what they need.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
03/13/2023 10:29 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

My father always said that "free" is a mistake.That what you give free to everyone (not at all, because it is free, then you find it lying on the ground) and if you charge 50 cents already want the fifth or less and it is because they really want it.He said that something symbolic must always be charged even.
And I agree.
I have medicines for free.I was denied the subsidy of greater than 52 (without real reason, I have trial in June, if it is not delayed) and not being charging salary or unemployment, or help because I do not pay anything in the recipes.
But I take out what I need, eh 😅😅

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/13/2023 11:53 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

salad said:
for pensioners is free.
The demand for a free product is infinite.It is a pity, it is a psychological issue.I remember that my grandfather had a table drawer to the column stops.He collapsed and, total at all, because those products expire.My mother -in -law also had a paracetamol drawer.
It is a matter of mentality.My parents have chronic recipes and do not collection.They only collect what they need.

It is each person itself, for my work sometimes repairing refrigerators or electricity breakdowns in bathrooms, etc ... I have seen savage, the fatteest I remember was in a house in Seville, I told them and everything, thirty boxes of diapers forAdults and dozens of Tramadol and Nolotil, in addition to many other things.This is what you have to move all that to access a plug that smelled burning .....
And speaking of diabetic material, the insulin of the recipe has disappeared ..... to make an appointment to see what has happened .....

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
03/13/2023 1:34 p.m.

I would charge pensioners € 1 as a minimum for assistance to the doctor.Many go to spend the morning and/or afternoon and then I do not see with my doctor, they have everything complete.
And the medications according to rent, that there are many with more than € 1500 of pension and all free, such as my aunt (€ 2400 pension) that accumulates Lexatin and Quiet.2 drawers full and then go with candles for not spending, if I had to pay them not others would go to the pharmacy so much, in addition the doctor should review the frequency and its use.

@_Tacker_ have not renewed insulin.The doctor does it once a year

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/13/2023 3:40 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
I would charge pensioners € 1 as a minimum for assistance to the doctor.Many go to spend the morning and/or afternoon and then I do not see with my doctor, they have everything complete.
And the medications according to rent, that there are many with more than € 1500 of pension and all free, such as my aunt (€ 2400 pension) that accumulates Lexatin and Quiet.2 drawers full and then go with candles for not spending, if I had to pay them not others would go to the pharmacy so much, in addition the doctor should review the frequency and its use.

Go with your aunt.It will end up being the richest of the cemetery.Here in Granada there are a few ... 😅😅😅

Another thing, my father who had a great pension did pay medications.If pensioners go from an income they also pay.I don't know the limit.
I would also charge by medical appointment.I think that simply charging € 1, or even 50 cents, the number of appointments would be reduced, that is, many of the unnecessary ones.Obviously if the person shows that he cannot pay them, that he does not pay them, but that it was not all free without any effort.
Apart, € 1/€ 0.50 per person in the end are many euros for social security, which we are all.
It would also have to penalize those who take appointment and then do not annul it and do not appear.

isabelbota
03/13/2023 5:14 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

ruthbia said:

I will meet the second year, that will be.

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
03/14/2023 1:17 a.m.

With the appointments to one euro only more than a series ruins, hahahaha.On one occasion I had to go a few times the same month in the first hour, and there were always the same older ladies.

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
03/14/2023 1:21 a.m.

Isabelbota said:

Go with your aunt.It will end up being the richest of the cemetery.Here in Granada there are a few ... 😅😅😅

Another thing, my father who had a great pension did pay medications.If pensioners go from an income they also pay.I don't know the limit.

Your father was a mufface?My mother yes and has her financed until a stop, but my father who had the maximum pension and was not a mufface, did not pay.

Please do not have ideas with the Eurito that in the end we always pay them everything ...

Nila's profile photo
Nila
03/14/2023 7:23 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

nila said:
Isabelbota said:

Your father was a mufface?My mother yes and has her financed until a stop, but my father who had the maximum pension and was not a mufface, did not pay.

Please do not have ideas with the Eurito that in the end we always pay them everything ...

My father had the maximum pension complemented by the company.He reached an agreement in his dismissal and instead of compensation requested that his salary be maintained, therefore he charged more than the maximum pension.

isabelbota
03/14/2023 7:54 a.m.

@isabelbota as is, live in Granada 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
It is that it charges the widowhood pension of the husband (Military 1600eur) plus 2 of his, one from England and another from Spain, total about 2400eur every month with the rise that the government made.And he doesn't pay any medications.He left MuFace years for a cancer that he had because the SS has better media.

@Nila then I insist that we should pay something symbolic, because the elderly take the lists of doctors to hang out.In my town (90 inhabitants or so) they go to chat in the room or with the doctor.In summer I end up going up to the capital because for little there is no one who signed an appointment.

I pay 4eur in Sanitas but before when it was free, all the doctors and hospitals were full.Now there are only those who really need it.

Look, when I go to extractions in Pontones (Madrid) they open at 7:30, I try to arrive around 8:00 so as not to miss work, because nothing, the old men queue from 6:30;The door nurse tells me that helps them with the cards to take out the appointments.Then they get angry because the tickets call you according to what they have to do and your condition (for that the diabetics have more luck and prioritize us)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/14/2023 8:16 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.