{'en': 'How much does "your" diabetes cost', 'es': 'Cuanto cuesta "Tu"  Diabetes'} Image

How much does "your" diabetes cost

_Tacker_'s profile photo   03/08/2023 1:49 p.m.

As every month I have gone to the pharmacy to collect insulin and on the way I went through the health center for strips and needles, in addition to the sensors ........

I put accounts of what my diabetes really costs only in disposable materials, and the truth is that if I was not funded it would be very complicated according to home.

Let's see: two Freestyle 128 sensors.Insulin Tresiba 84.The Insulina Novorapid 56. Two boxes containing contaur NEXT 50.Two boxes of lancetas contaur 30. Two boxes of needles for feathers 54.

No subsidy: stickers so that sensors 6 to month 15 are not falling.Glucose for average hypos every month 20.

On average in my case it would be about 437 euros per month.And without any unforeseen as the glucometer is broken or left without batteries ... etc ....

In my particular case it would be to give up enough things, since Agua Luz Gas Letter Floor Gasolina Gasolos etc ... are already a good fine.

I know there are people who do not receive a subsidy or recipes to discuss them in the pharmacy, and especially in them I once thought.

I have also thought of those people who want social security sensors to prescribe them, without being diabetic because it is fashionable and is chic .....

Well, I don't spread anymore.As the joke would come out according to each case.

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
03/08/2023 1:49 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I only subsidize insulin, everything else is paid.

Although online it is not much either, 8 boxes of strips about € 60 every month and little.The lancetas come as a gift in the strips.And the needles do not change them much, with € 8 it lasts about half a year.

It is worth not to step on the ambulatory.Nor endure the charo on duty that always racked me everything.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/08/2023 2:33 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Well, fortunately we live in a country in which health is public and free ... in its much at least.If so, as it is not in many more countries in the world that is where it is, what happens would happen: people choose to eat, stay and dress or pay the doctor and medicine.And not even.As in the US, without going any further.Unless you have a medical insurance that costs you a kidney and within reach only of those who have a good job and have it, or have a powerful economic fund to pay for the diseases that arrive, to it and their relatives, and those whoThey can arrive.And let's not talk about surgical interventions and hospitalizations and their economic impact on families.

Obviously it does not cost the same to buy social security medicines as a private.But that is another topic.As a general rule, and I speak for me too, until I have reached a mature age, not to say old man, I have not needed to almost use health services, or public or private.But over the years the thing changes clearly, although, when you are less age, you think that you will never need it.

As a comment of what our treatment costs, and as information, then it is worth.But be careful because there are many people who would defend that medicines were paid each of their pocket, seeing their public cost.Especially those who do not need them, for now.So we defend our public health system on the account that has us and the next generations.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
03/08/2023 5:30 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

wove said:
because fortunately we live in a country in which health is public and free ... in its largest part at least.If so, as it is not in many more countries in the world that is where it is, what happens would happen: people choose to eat, stay and dress or pay the doctor and medicine.And not even.As in the US, without going any further.Unless you have a medical insurance that costs you a kidney and within reach only of those who have a good job and have it, or have a powerful economic fund to pay for the diseases that arrive, to it and their relatives, and those whoThey can arrive.And let's not talk about surgical interventions and hospitalizations and their economic impact on families.

Obviously it does not cost the same to buy social security medicines as a private.But that is another topic.As a general rule, and I speak for me too, until I have reached a mature age, not to say old man, I have not needed to almost use health services, or public or private.But over the years the thing changes clearly, although, when you are less age, you think that you will never need it.

As a comment of what our treatment costs, and as information, then it is worth.But be careful because there are many people who would defend that medicines were paid each of their pocket, seeing their public cost.Especially those who do not need them, for now.So we defend our public health system on the account that has us and the next generations.

Very good speech, but the health of other countries is not the object of the question, nor do I care about the United States 🇺🇸, the question is very different and personal.I thank you for participation but I do not understand talking about the United States and people who do not want medications to be cheaper or more free.

The question is how much your diabetes would come out without financing and how much it comes out, it did not force anyone to say it, or to make a list of the healing of the world.

I am interested in nearby diabetics, and although unknown in person.I know there are people in Mexico who seek in cubes the feathers used to get insulin, but that is not the question.Nor is the question to know who has a heart or not when thinking about others, or at least common sense.

At the end of the month how much it cost you and how much it would cost you if you did not have financing.

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
03/08/2023 5:51 p.m.

sherpa41 said:
I only subsidize insulin, everything else is paid by.

Although online it is not much either, 8 boxes of strips about € 60 every month and little.The lancetas come as a gift in the strips.And the needles do not change them much, with € 8 it lasts about half a year.

It is worth not to step on the ambulatory.Nor endure the charo on duty that always racked me everything.

I don't know what community you are from.I buy the lancetas not to go to the ambulatory but the strips do have them on the card, such as insulin.No?

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/08/2023 7:01 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I don't get anything more than the pills as you have no insulin.I have placed a sensor and I have caught the free reader in WallapIn case any + reader fails).Apart from the glucometer (€ 50 cost me 4 years ago in the pharmacy) + strips (soil to catch them on Amazon between € 25 and €, in a pharmacy that has ever touched me, € 55) + lancetas (luckily I have for a while, because they are not cheap).I hope that at least with the sensors I can better control blood glucose and avoid scare10 Low chopped ... Sometimes when you tend to go up and sometimes, doing the same, or with less movement, more angry ... I downloaded to me ... not to understand and at the moment to try to understand).
As for the fashion of putting the sensor the non -diabetics ... I do not understand it, the truth, I do not understand it ...

cgs's profile photo
cgs
03/08/2023 9:44 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

@_Tacker_, and that without counting the treatment of possible complications.
I do not want to imagine what it would be to need a kidney transplant without the blessed public health

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/09/2023 1:52 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Isabelbota said:
sherpa41 said:
I only subsidize insulin, everything else is paid by me.

I don't know what community you are from.I buy the lancetas not to go to the ambulatory but the strips do have them on the card, such as insulin.No?

Of Catalonia.Here you have to go to the cap for the strips and only give a maximum of 4 strips a day.And on top of them they are racane as if they were paid the reception charos.

Most of the time they ended me only 3. For 50 days.That's why I start buying online.Luckily I have been able to find them more and more cheaper.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/09/2023 3:08 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

sherpa41 said:
isabelbota said:
sherpa41 said:
sherpa41 said:

Of Catalonia.Here you have to go to the cap for the strips and only give a maximum of 4 strips a day.And on top of them they are racane as if they were paid the reception charos.

Most of the time they ended me only 3. For 50 days.That's why I start buying online.Luckily I have been able to find them more and more cheaper.

Well, that is fatal, here (Andalusia) everything goes on the card, the needles too, that I did not tell you before, except the lancets.
My brother lives in Tarragona and how you bought the needles because he says they put on the chap.It has cloth, nor that one uses needles for pleasure ...

isabelbota
03/09/2023 7:32 a.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@_Tacker_ I only answered your question in the most generic way I could.Premeditatedly, being in Spain and healing to be free, I did not want to be very specific and stick to the cost of diabetes.Neither cancer, nor many other diseases.I don't even care what it costs or what it would cost me if I was not financed, because I could not listen to it.

Obviously, it seems that I didn't have to have given my opinion in your thread.My apologies.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
03/09/2023 9:06 a.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

@Set there yours seems to me as valid as any other, I don't know why you shouldn't have given it.You have commented on what you think (I also agree with you) and you have not missed anyone.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
03/09/2023 10:44 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

carussa said:
@wave yours it seems to me as valid as any other, I don't know why you shouldn't have given it.You have commented what you think (I also agree with you) and you have not lacked respect for anyone.

I totally agree, an opinion as valid as the others.

isabelbota
03/09/2023 10:53 a.m.

@Set you carry all the reason.We are privileged.In Europe there are countries whose coverage is partial, Germany or France where each one is subscribed to cover the percentage that the SS does not cover.In Switzerland there are no SS, they are all private insurance (they offered me a position there and I was looking at it)

I am in favor that each one paid according to their income, because there are a lot of people who economically should pay a little more and that would give a clearance for other people more needy.Especially pensioners with high pensions that take everything for free and accumulate.(My aunt with € 2400 of pension accumulates quiet and lexatin per kilos)

I debuted in Sanitas, for the emergency room and when they discharged me, the endocrine that went to the SS that Sanitas does not cover anything and the treatment is very expensive.I did so.

Currently only pay the Amazon glucose strips at a rate of € 25 each box of 50 strips.I have been 4.5 years paying the freestyle, € 60/unit, first on 1 and then the 2, in addition that in its day I also bought the reader € 60, about € 1,440 a year.

@_Tacker_ I don't know what you are chasing because you have given yourself the cost response.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/09/2023 1:01 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

wave said:
@_ tacker_ I only answered your question in the most generic way I could.Premeditatedly, being in Spain and healing to be free, I did not want to be very specific and stick to the cost of diabetes.Neither cancer, nor many other diseases.I don't even care what it costs or what it would cost me if I was not financed, because I could not listen to it.

Obviously, it seems that I didn't have to have given my opinion in your thread.My apologies.

It is not that, just that you unravels me by going through those paths, I just wanted to know how they affect each diabetic, because there are some who fight to be financed and have not succeeded, there are also some type 2 that even pass fear ofNot having prescribed strips and not being able to better control your diabetes, especially for not being able to pay them.Since the cost for some people is not to eat, or not to reach the end of the month.
If you bother you, but I thought about the subject, costing people who enter the health of the United States.Not everyone is financed and not everyone has been, I intend that people become more about how difficult it is for some diabetics to get the materials for control

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
03/09/2023 1:43 p.m.

ruthbia said:
@you are wearing all the reason.We are privileged.In Europe there are countries whose coverage is partial, Germany or France where each one is subscribed to cover the percentage that the SS does not cover.In Switzerland there are no SS, they are all private insurance (they offered me a position there and I was looking at it)

I am in favor that each one paid according to their income, because there are a lot of people who economically should pay a little more and that would give a clearance for other people more needy.Especially pensioners with high pensions that take everything for free and accumulate.(My aunt with € 2400 of pension accumulates quiet and lexatin per kilos)

I debuted in Sanitas, for the emergency room and when they discharged me, the endocrine that went to the SS that Sanitas does not cover anything and the treatment is very expensive.I did so.

Currently only pay the Amazon glucose strips at a rate of € 25 each box of 50 strips.I have been 4.5 years paying the freestyle, € 60/unit, first on 1 and then the 2, in addition that in its day I also bought the reader € 60, about € 1,440 a year.

@_Tacker_ I don't know what you chase because you have given yourself the cost response.

Well, what I pursue in quotes is to talk about the cost that each one is something that should not cost anything according to the rent, especially I wanted to talk about those who surrounded here, and of course it seems to me the opinion of everyone, for that is a forum, but I would have liked that just as you are talking about health, I exposed your case, which is what this thread is for.

The same as if we talk about hypertension, but at least tell me that it is the cost or that it has meant for you, I have been in Germany and England working, and I have gone to the doctor on occasion.But that would be another thread, it is like talking about supermarkets here and in Venezuela, which I have also been.

My intention was to talk about each one and the impact that diabetes makes in our economies.That is why the thread is called how much your diabetes costs, and not how health is in other countries, or what type of car is taller for a diabetic.

The bad thing about talking here is that accents are not captured, and talking to others sometimes is not understood that it is not trying to offend or disturb, if not to reconsider what the thread is about.
I have worked in six countries and enjoy its health, but it is not the thread.If you open one I will give you my contribution.I never need anything for diabetes in other countries, it was not yet, and less badly, why in effect, we do not know the luck we have, even those not financed, in that in Spain, if you fight a little you pass from thePrivate to public health, or both at the same time.Without any problem.

By the way, when I was poorly diagnosed as DM2, I had to buy the glucometer and the strips, lancetas ... and for me I was standing and studying, it meant almost two hundred euros that left me dry, because I bought what the pharmacist recommendedAnd it was nothing cheap

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
03/09/2023 2:07 p.m.

@Ruthbia I did not understand how I pursue.

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
03/09/2023 2:11 p.m.

wove said:
because fortunately we live in a country in which health is public and free ... in its largest part at least.If so, as it is not in many more countries in the world that is where it is, what happens would happen: people choose to eat, stay and dress or pay the doctor and medicine.And not even.As in the US, without going any further.Unless you have a medical insurance that costs you a kidney and within reach only of those who have a good job and have it, or have a powerful economic fund to pay for the diseases that arrive, to it and their relatives, and those whoThey can arrive.And let's not talk about surgical interventions and hospitalizations and their economic impact on families.

I have never added it, but I make a correct use of healWhen I need them, 1 a year or so.
We are many and you have to take care of the system.

Greetings

chamus1978's profile photo
chamus1978
03/10/2023 10:15 a.m.

_ tacker _ said:
As every month I have gone to the pharmacy to collect insulin and on the way I passed me through the health center for strips and needles, in addition to the sensors ........

I put accounts of what my diabetes really costs only in disposable materials, and the truth is that if I was not funded it would be very complicated according to home.

Let's see: two Freestyle 128 sensors.Insulin Tresiba 84.The Insulina Novorapid 56. Two boxes containing contaur NEXT 50.Two boxes of lancetas contaur 30. Two boxes of needles for feathers 54.

No subsidy: stickers so that sensors 6 to month 15 are not falling.Glucose for average hypos every month 20.

On average in my case it would be about 437 euros per month.And without any unforeseen as the glucometer is broken or left without batteries ... etc ....

In my particular case it would be to give up enough things, since Agua Luz Gas Letter Floor Gasolina Gasolos etc ... are already a good fine.

I know there are people who do not receive a subsidy or recipes to discuss them in the pharmacy, and especially in them I once thought.
I have also thought of those people who want social security sensors to prescribe them, without being diabetic because it is fashionable and is chic .....

A question, @Tacker.Do you spend the 5 feathers that come in each box every month?

In your calculations, you put 85 euros threeiba and 56 novorapid, which is the price of the 5 feathers box.

I, just like @chamus1978 I use the material with a lot of economy, the lancetas use them two or three times and the needles sometimes twice (no more).I am very aware of what they cost and the privilege that I have to be financed by the health system and I have absolute respect for public money, that although some politicians believe that it is nobody, I know that belongs to everyone and should notWaste, neither collection, nor of course, resale as the thread of "traffic with diabetes ..." says the thread ... "

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
03/10/2023 11:46 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@_Tacker_ I referred to what you wanted to know, but you've already answered.

I spend novorapid (5 feathers) and toujeo (3 feathers), every 2 months or a little more perhaps I do not control it, and they are around € 5 each (they are 4 and peak but I do not know the beak), 3 boxes of needles each2,5 months free, free sensors, free lancets, and pay me as I have commented.1 box of 50 strips last 5 months, I make few measurements.
I calculate € 6.4 -7/month thanks to the financing of the SS (that we pay everything and more now that they have uploaded)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/10/2023 3:10 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

salad said:
_ tacker _ said:
As every month I have gone to the pharmacy to collect insulin and on the way I passed me through the health center forstrips and needles, in addition to the sensors ........

A question, @Tacker.Do you spend the 5 feathers that come in each box every month?

In your calculations, you put 85 euros threeiba and 56 novorapid, which is the price of the 5 feathers box.

I, just like @chamus1978 I use the material with a lot of economy, the lancetas use them two or three times and the needles sometimes twice (no more).I am very aware of what they cost and the privilege that I have to be financed by the health system and I have absolute respect for public money, that although some politicians believe that it is nobody, I know that belongs to everyone and should notWaste, neither gather, nor of course, resale as the thread of "traffic with diabetes ..."

says.

@ENSALADA, La Tresiba approximately lasts 40 days, and the novorapid sometimes arrived fair or short, but I was lucky to give me a novorapid box in the health center.
When putting prices was for boxes, so as not to make rules of three, the only one that collects every longer in pharmacy is the Tresiba.I have the fast every 25 days.
The theme of feathers, once I use it twice, no more because it does not fail, I get some purple of Flipar.
I have come to have twelve boxes of needles, twenty of strips, thirty of lancetas, and some things plus eight boxes of Lamtus and Ten of Novorapid and I have given them, I have a rural medical friend and some well -known type two not financed.
Like what I need they give it to me or charge me very cheap, I'm almost always

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
03/10/2023 8:39 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.