{'en': 'My 6 -year -old son has prediabetes?', 'es': 'Mi hijo de 6 años ¿tiene prediabetes?'} Image

My 6 -year -old son has prediabetes?

estefania's profile photo   02/01/2024 8:20 a.m.

Hello, I'm new.My name is Estefanía.

I am very worried that my 6 -year -old son has been urinating a lot, even at dawn, when he did not do it before, and drinking much more than usual.

In principle, I thought it was an infection because he complained that he chopped when pipí.I took him to his pediatrician and made an urine analysis, which came out negative.

But as I remained the same, I decided to do a blood glucose test and came out 250 in the pharmacy.

They advised me to do a glycemia control for a whole day, before and after meals, and take it to your pediatrician.

It had 145 levels on an empty stomach and levels of 160-190 after meals.His pediatrician decided to make a blood glucose count for a week at the hospital.

I had to go before meals and then, and the values ​​came out at the limit.He told me that he had no less than 115 and decided to send him to analyze.

But 5 days before the appointment, he had another peak of 217 and went to the hospital.They entered the hospital.He ate anything, he didn't like anything and values ​​of 130 on an empty stomach, another day 105, and after meals the top was 180. He told me they were normal levels.

They did the analytics and sent it home.Tomorrow, day 2, I will collect the results of the analytics.He has continued to have a timely day up to 411 after eating a banana.

In his pediatrician they have given me parts of the results and he tells me that basal insulin is high, in 35.80, glycosylated in 5.57 and fasting glucose 129. He says that it is something contradictory, but that diabetes is not.

Pancreatic antibodies are still missing.But I am super overwhelmed because I think there is something.

I don't see it well, he is very tired, his legs hurt when he plays football, he comes down.

Can anyone guide me or have gone through something similar?

Thanks, group.All the best.

estefania's profile photo
estefania
02/01/2024 8:20 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, your child is very small to be type 2, which is where you usually talk about prediabetes.
The values ​​you say indicate diabetes, most likely type1 (the antibodies will determine), by age.A non -diabetic person does not give those peaks.
The only thing that is not yet clear diabetes is glycosilada, but of course, being the average of 3 months if the beginning is very recent, as it seems, it still goes well.
The values ​​and symptoms of your child indicate diabetes.Let's see if doctors already clarify it and put it into treatment and you will see how it is much better.
All this said from my experience, I am not a doctor.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
02/01/2024 9:54 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I also opt for type 1 diabetes, recently debut (from there I suppose the low glycosilada).Wait to see how antibodies come out in the analytics, but it looks all.These values ​​are not normal.
For your tranquility, as soon as I start with insulin therapy you will see how your child will quickly improve and stop feeling tired.There are many advances that make us get it much better.Cheer up!

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
02/01/2024 9:59 a.m.

Thank you very much for answering tomorrow I tell you that they tell me because I am very afraid I need an answer already if you have it because nothing has touched us and face it and take it as well as possible but I need to know something because they do not make me clear, thank you really tomorrow tomorrow youtale

estefania
02/01/2024 12:04 p.m.

If there is any association of diabetics in your area I recommend you go.It is an important support and make colonies for children and many activities.
Pay attention to the endocrine and try to learn everything you can, that is the key to diabetes.
Good luck.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
02/01/2024 1:08 p.m.

@Estafanía, my daughter did not detect antibodies in the analytics and was a very clear type1 diabetes.
If so, with treatment will be much better.You have to learn little by little.Much encouragement, that treatments are getting better.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/01/2024 4:11 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Regina but your daughter had the high levels without going down from the first hour I mean to my son little by little but having it in 230 for example two hours after lunch if I take it again at 4h is already going down to 140 but of courseThe high there are days that not that the maximum that goes up is to 138-150 or there are even days that on the fast has come to have it in 98-100 but other days are mainToday, not something weird today and insulin levels are high, there is wishing to go tomorrow to the endocrine ojalaz tomorrow they already give me a diagnosis is whatever it is but I need to know what my child has the soil removed

estefania
02/01/2024 7:49 p.m.

Thanks Juan when I read you, I contacted the association and the truth that tells me the same as you who is surely type 1 diabetes and that can be on a honeymoon and have also told me about other types of diabetes that have come out andOne of them the pancreas segregates the most insulin of the account just like my son

estefania
02/01/2024 7:51 p.m.

It is a case of type 1 diabetes that still has insulin -producing cells in the pancreas and segregates that little insulin in the bloodstream that, due to the peaks it makes, it is insufficient, especially that it does not eat bread, pasta or rice and that it goes alreadyTo the doctor or endocrinologist because that is diabetes, a non-diabetic person does not make those 200 or more peaks and on an empty stomach should be between 80-105

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
02/01/2024 8:35 p.m.

It paints type 1 diabetes, that is, it has a pancreatic reserve of insulin and until it ends it is on honeymoon.As soon as they put basal insulin and make low hydrates diet, you can live many months without fast insulin, it helps the reservation last more.
Try to eat protein and reduce hydrates: rice, pasta, flour, buns .... All this rises a lot of blood glucose.The fair and lowest fruits in sugars: red fruits, strawberry, apple, orange ... bananas are very sugary.

When I do sports, I carried a supplement, the exercise lowers the blood glucose and we enter hypoglycemia that tires, irritated, tachycardia, etc. because there are no blood carbohydrates to feed the muscles and the brain .. it is very unpleasant.

Diabetes is hard at the beginning, but in 3 months an almost expert becomes and will not prevent him from doing what he wants as an adult.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/02/2024 12:42 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Lada obviously with 6 years is not (latent autoimmune diabetes in adults).Of adult has little.

isabelbota
02/02/2024 7:38 a.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

There are six or seven types of diabetes, but it is very difficult to classify them.The important thing is to control it and get the child to assimilate diabetes well.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
02/02/2024 8:13 a.m.

It is not lad, it is very small, it is type 1 diabetes in its beginnings, I also start like this and to know the peaks that I did, in addition I ate a lot and always sugary drinks and I save the little insulin that I had left, and on an empty stomach380 mg/dl, they will enter it for glucose stabilization and so that you learn to handle you with the glucometers and insulin injected and in a few months you will be experts, it is also very young and that gives hope some advance in glucose control

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
02/02/2024 12:35 p.m.

We are waiting to enter the consultation wishing to enter this morning breakfast milk and toast and now it has it in 179 has echo 5-6 times I have had to stop even on the road because I could not hold on to I fear that in the end you are rightAnd you will be debuting type 1 now I tell you when it comes out of the consultation

estefania
02/02/2024 12:39 p.m.

It is clear that he still has insulin and is throwing if he eats little, you will tell us @estefania

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
02/02/2024 12:49 p.m.

It could be Mody, but the name is the least.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
02/02/2024 1:29 p.m.

Hello boys and girls, the endocrine has told us that it has insulin resistance that is a prediabetes that I have to control 3 days a week and point it and in 5 months it repeats all the analytics and already see if it starts toDebuting or not, has surprised me because it has come to consultation with glycemia in 178 but says it is normal for insulin resistance, that you control the meals and exercise and in 5 months I see us again I am not very satisfied butWell we have no choice but to do what he told me and see where he comes out

estefania
02/02/2024 4 p.m.

estefania
02/02/2024 4:03 p.m.

Well, very rare resistance in such a small child but it is true that it has the high C peptide, indicating that the pancreas works.And negative antibodies indicate that it is not autoimmune.
Watch it and hook a lot.And before a large climb (like the 400 banana) you take it to the emergency room, which 5 months to see it again seem a long time.
You say the endocrine, it is not the pediatrician who has seen it?

isabelbota
02/02/2024 4:14 p.m.

Not the pediatrician saw it before entering it once they entered it, they summoned me today with the pediatric endocrine, if that has told me that if it has a high blood glucose and it does not go down that it goes by emergencies and value it before but in principle untilJulio does not see it again

estefania
02/02/2024 4:19 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.